migrating 2003 to 2005

Dear all,
I have been opening my VC++.net2003 project in VC++2005 for the last whole
week (or more). I have been having the following problems:

(1)
Everytime I open it, it asks me:

"The project "project_name.dsp" must be converted to the current VC++
project format. After it has been converted, you will not be able to edit
this project in previous versions of Visual Studio.
Convert and open this project?"

I either say "YES" or "YES TO ALL."

(2)

After this it asks me:

"The source control provider associated with this solution could not ne
found. The projects will be treated as not under source control. Do you want
to permanently remove the source control bindings from the projects?"
And I either push "YES" or "NO", it doesn't matter as these two message
boxes come up everytime.

(3)
Many files get "Removed from the project"!!!
Every time I open the project I have to go Project->Add existing Item and
add a bunch of filed, which get removed from the project resulting in several
linking errors. It's the same files every time that get removed.

This is a real pain.

Thanks for any help
Regards
Srishti
0
sonu1 (50)
7/27/2006 7:46:02 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> I have been opening my VC++.net2003 project in VC++2005 for the last whole
> week (or more). I have been having the following problems:
>
> (1)
> Everytime I open it, it asks me:
>
> "The project "project_name.dsp" must be converted to the current VC++
> project format. After it has been converted, you will not be able to edit
> this project in previous versions of Visual Studio.
> Convert and open this project?"

Why do you have a *.dsp for VS2003? It should be a solution file. It
appears that you are opening a VC6 dsp file each time and its going to
prompt you for conversion, as one would expect.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
7/27/2006 8:27:10 PM
Ajay is correct.  The .dsp file is not removed, but you should open the
project using the .sln file now and you won't see that conversion request
thing any longer.

Tom

"Sonu" <sonu@online.nospam> wrote in message
> Dear all,
> I have been opening my VC++.net2003 project in VC++2005 for the last whole
> week (or more). I have been having the following problems:
>
> (1)
> Everytime I open it, it asks me:
>
> "The project "project_name.dsp" must be converted to the current VC++
> project format. After it has been converted, you will not be able to edit
> this project in previous versions of Visual Studio.
> Convert and open this project?"
>
> I either say "YES" or "YES TO ALL."

0
tserface (3861)
7/27/2006 11:12:43 PM
Wow!!!
I don't know why I was opening the dsp file. I guess I still had it from the
VC6.0 days... I probably just made a mistake when I opened it first in 2005!
Anyway, Thanks so very much as ususal... All the 3 glitches fixed...

0
sonu1 (50)
7/28/2006 12:41:01 AM
Sonu wrote:
> Wow!!!
> I don't know why I was opening the dsp file. I guess I still had it from the
> VC6.0 days... I probably just made a mistake when I opened it first in 2005!
> Anyway, Thanks so very much as ususal... All the 3 glitches fixed...

You were adding new files to *.sln but were loosing these files as you
were opening dsp each time and dsp had no idea about those files. That
should have actually given you the clue. Hey, this happens. I would
back up the dsp in source control and remove it from the disk to avoid
any confusion.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
7/28/2006 12:51:02 AM
The only reason we knew the answer is that we've done it too :o)

> Wow!!!
> I don't know why I was opening the dsp file. I guess I still had it from
> the
> VC6.0 days... I probably just made a mistake when I opened it first in
> 2005!
> Anyway, Thanks so very much as ususal... All the 3 glitches fixed...

0
tserface (3861)
7/28/2006 12:54:16 AM
That's because each time you open it, you are re-opening the obsolete file.  Once you
convert it to VS.NET 2005, you should ignore the existence of the .dsp file, since that
was for VS6 (not even VS.NET!)  If you never plan to go back to VS6, you should probably
delete the .dsp file or at least rename it to
DO_NOT_EVER_USE_THIS_FILE_AGAIN_project_name.dsp.
					joe

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:46:02 -0700, Sonu <sonu@online.nospam> wrote:

>Dear all,
>I have been opening my VC++.net2003 project in VC++2005 for the last whole
>week (or more). I have been having the following problems:
>
>(1)
>Everytime I open it, it asks me:
>
>"The project "project_name.dsp" must be converted to the current VC++
>project format. After it has been converted, you will not be able to edit
>this project in previous versions of Visual Studio.
>Convert and open this project?"
>
>I either say "YES" or "YES TO ALL."
>
>(2)
>
>After this it asks me:
>
>"The source control provider associated with this solution could not ne
>found. The projects will be treated as not under source control. Do you want
>to permanently remove the source control bindings from the projects?"
>And I either push "YES" or "NO", it doesn't matter as these two message
>boxes come up everytime.
>
>(3)
>Many files get "Removed from the project"!!!
>Every time I open the project I have to go Project->Add existing Item and
>add a bunch of filed, which get removed from the project resulting in several
>linking errors. It's the same files every time that get removed.
>
>This is a real pain.
>
>Thanks for any help
>Regards
>Srishti
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
7/28/2006 1:31:14 AM
Thanks a lot guys!!!
Regards
Srishti

0
sonu1 (50)

Importing Outlook data into Access 2003
I recently reinstalled Office 2003 and have encountered the following problem: I want to import my contacts in Outlook into an Access 2003 database. When I go to File/Get External data, there is no option to import from Outlook. In fact, the only choices I'm given are Microsoft Access, Windows Sharepoint Services, XML and ODBC databases. How can I enable the options I've had in past installations of Access? Thanks in advance, Pic Select Full install instead of typical Pieter "Pic" <compuBUTNOTTHIStoot@att.net> wrote in message news:uqqbh3t26icr6bo0httq2b6640b78pq56...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

Install FrontPage 2003 on Windows 7
i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, but it is not. What can I do. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 10:48:01 -0700, monising <monising@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i tried several times to install, the program told me it has been installed, >but it is not. What can I do. Please be more explicit about what you're doing, what you're seeing, and what error messages - if any - you are getting. I have FrontPage 2003 installed on Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and it's working fine. Also, are you installing from original media? A...

Outlook 2003 forgets contacts after 1 day
Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically deleting them. I have spent the last hour searching and can't find the right setting to stop this from happening. Has anyone got any advice? Outlook does not automatically save Contacts ever. To what feature are you referring? Autocompletion? -- Russ Valentine "slycbod" <slycbod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBB238-7462-452F-85EB-15258BCD8B05@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2003 is remembering contacts for a day and then automatically > deleting them. I have spent th...

Outlook 2003 Cant get to newsgroups
I dragged the NEWS icon from tools/customize/commands/go to the GO button on the tool bar. It worked fine then I got on a newsgroup and a posting that read "payback" multiple times. I didnot open the attachment. Next time I tryied to go to NEWS it was not there. How can I get newsgroup access back? Tryied reinstalling Outlook2003 and Office 2003 with no luck. Expect the answer to be in registry. Help please. I got the similar problem and got the fix. Here is what you need to do: - add the NEWS button under Go menu - accept Outlook Express is your default NEWS client - c...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Conversion from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer and it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data" files (active as well as archive) so I can resume using them with my new computer? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Have a great day, except you spammers To email, remove the obvious ....... On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:10:00 -1000, Les <lester123_nospam@att.net> wrote: > Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer > and > it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data&qu...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Outlook 2003 not displaying multipart/mixed messages properly
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C49BFC.AB34E1D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I know that Outlook is known for having problems displaying = multipart/mixed messages but this is just weird. I am using Outlook 2003 with a POP email account and occasionally with = an email that has been exchanged a few times already and I will send out = a reply and when the person replies back to me what they wrote no longer = appears in the email. I basically get back a copy of the email I sent =...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

Publisher 2003 #42
I am working on a 50+ page document in Publisher 2003, which I imported from Word. Suddenly, pages that were previously consecutive are "jumping" when I scroll through the document, jumping from page 19 to 33, etc. The text box links at the bottom of each page are working. I've tried cutting and pasting into a new document in case this one is corrupt, but with no success. I'd hate to have to start again, because I don't know what I could do differently, but this document is useless the way it is. Any ideas? Thanks. - Eldeem Description of the "Import Word Document...

MS Outllook 2003 with Business Contact Manager Backup/Restores
Need some help with what the procedure is to backup Business Contact Manager data from a single user license system and restore it on another backup system I have. This needs to include the opportunities and other data linkages made on the system being backed up. Tried doing an export / import but based on some info I saw on the MS Office Web site this won't work! Would appreciate any help! There is a backup/restore function for the BCM database on the file menu. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "WHY" <Hnyda@mindspring.com> wrote in message n...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...

iPAQ synch to Outlook 2003
Since we installed Outlook 2003 I cannot sync to my ipaq 3670 even though I installed the latest ActiveSync version. Anyone have infor for me? TNX C;-) What's the problem? What happens when you try? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Swiss1008" <swiss1008@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:128ae01c3f72c$3a3d6670$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Since we installed Outlook 2003 I cannot sync to my ipaq > 3670 even though I installed the latest ActiveSync...

Return Money 2005 DIRECTLY to MS :)
Just read the conditions of the 30-day Money-Back Guarantee and MS will refund "reasonable" S&H costs up to $7! If you're unhappy w/ Money 2005, I can't think of a better way to get your opinion across than to send it back directly to MS (along with the "explanation for return" that they request) AND stick them with the shipping bill. :) If you return it to the store, the best MS will ever learn is that it was defective. Sending it back to Redmond lets them know they just paid $5 extra for a product they rushed out. Your voice will instantly take on as much...

Annoying Exchange 2003 Sender Filter Bug - Reported - Confirmed
The following is a MS confirmed Exchange 2003 bug, for which MS will not provide a bug fix. Perhaps in the next version of Exchange. Exchange Server 2003 is dropping SMTP connection WITHOUT any warning in SMTP logs or eventlogs, if 1. Sender Filtering for an incoming Virtual SMTP server is enabled 2. A "malformed" message without an empty line after the DATA command is send Here is one expample of a useless message created in a telnet session: 220 node1.exchg2k3.test.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version : 6.0.3790.0 ready at Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:05:44 +0200 helo 250 node1.ex...

Unable to connect Office 2003 to SBS Exchange 2000
I have two new XPSP2 workstations with Office 2003 but when after configuring them for the Exchange server I get one of three errors: a) on a profile migrated from an existing workstation (whose Office 2000 still works) Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. b) on a new profile using Cached Exchange Mode Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file. c) on a new...

RTF in SSRS 2005
I have a data set that has a column with RTF data such as: {\rtf1\sste.... Is there a way in SSRS 2005 to output the text of this column in rich text formatting? Thanks. ...

Problems updating Access 2003 Database
We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send forms within the organization. We are seeing instances where the new records are not appending and believe it may be the query that is causing the issue. The INSERT query is: INSERT INTO table_headerdata ( wso_num ) SELECT Max([table_headerdata]![wso_num])+1 AS Expr1 FROM table_headerdata WHERE wso_num < 1000000; We would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:50:00 -0800, ehess00 <ehess00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send for...