mfc70d.dll in VS.NET 2003 problem

I have some MFC dll's which were compiled in VS.NET 2002.
I am at present working in VS.NET 2003. I now need to use
these dlls but whenever I try to run my app I get the
following error.

This application has failed to start because MFC70D.DLL.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I really dont want to spend a whole day re-installing
VS.NET 2003 !!

Any ideas??
0
wakthar (14)
10/2/2003 11:14:18 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi,

This means that your MFC DLLs where compiled and linked in DEBUG mode and
when you load the DLL it is trying to open the VS.NET 2002 MFC DEBUG DLL.
It's not asking you to reinstall VS.NET 2003, that's a generic message when
a DLL cannot be found.  I would suggest recompiling your MFC DLLs using
VS.NET 2003.

HTH
--
============
Frank Hickman

0
fhickman1 (40)

mfc70d.dll in VS.NET 2003 problem
I have some MFC dll's which were compiled in VS.NET 2002. I am at present working in VS.NET 2003. I now need to use these dlls but whenever I try to run my app I get the following error. This application has failed to start because MFC70D.DLL. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. I really dont want to spend a whole day re-installing VS.NET 2003 !! Any ideas?? Hi, This means that your MFC DLLs where compiled and linked in DEBUG mode and when you load the DLL it is trying to open the VS.NET 2002 MFC DEBUG DLL. It's not asking you to reinstall VS.NET 2003, that&#...

Exporting a table from Access 2003 to Excel 2007
I am trying to export a table from Access 2003 with more than 100,000 records into Excel 2007 and am not having any luck. I do not find the 2007 file extension in the drop down and choosing the latest version only exports part of the table. Any thoughts on whether this is possible to do? -- Carol Hi Carol, This is even hard to do with Excel 2007. You won't be able to do it directly with Excel 2003. You could export the file as a comma separated value with a csv suffix. By default Excel usually opens csv files. However you may lose formatting and other stuff. I ju...

Memory Table vs. CTE
I had posted a week or so ago about a performance issue with Null-able variables being passed into stored procedures and the performance gains by setting those parameters to local variables declared in the stored procedure. I followed that advice and all was well. How ever, the stored procedure started to time out the again, running the stored proc on my local SQL server would take 3:45 to return 5 rows. Something was wrong. The stored procedure was using 4 CTE tables, one of those tables being referenced in 5 different locations through-out the stored proc. The only change I made t...

dynamic report based on multiselect listboxes Access 2003
I'm in over my head and need much help. Example of data EventDate Event Injury Unit 5/2/07 Aggression Scratch 1W 4/1/07 Fall Bruise 1W 6/5/07 Fall None GF My user wants to be able to select the type(s) of Events, type(s) of Injuries and possible Unit(s) via a multiselect listbox and see data with some averages on a rolling basis. I have created the unbound form for this with the appropriate listboxes and data selection boxes. The data then needs to go into a report showing as follows: Event in a he...

Outlook 2003 (Contacts)
I use a COMPAQ Evo Laptop; due to problems it was necessary to reinstall "Windows XP Professional SP2" including a full "Format". Having made a complete Backup of the Hard Drive I installed a new copy of Outlook 2003 and restored its "Data Files" from the Backup. All is working OK except when creating a new email, the Contacts do not appear. In the Navigation Pane "Contacts" they appear, how do I correct the problem? Thank you, David. Having tried Detect & Repair I reinstalled Outlook 2003, it worked. "David F. Sage" &...

Cannot add Newgroups to Outlook 2003
I have just upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003.... none of the newsgroups are listed now. All of my mail imported and converted fine, but of course none of the Newgroups were transferred over, that would be too much to ask of the programmers I guess. In the "Help" file for Outlook it tells me I have to add "News" to the "Go" toolbar. When I go in to the customize menu as it instructs, there is absolutely no listing for the word "News" so I cannot "drag it up to the Go" toolbar as it says to do. I just don't understand WHY MS wou...

Protecting My Assembly DLL
Hi All, All you know that, if you develop dotnet application, It s not hard to use it by someone, no matter it s an application or assembly dll I tried a solution against this, Think about I have an application consist of "one login form, launcher", "one main application, lets say MDI form" form and an assembly dll (real business application thatt shouldn't be used or decompiled by others) If I encrypt my dll file with another delphi application before deployment When user runs my delphi launcher application (consists one login form), after auth...

MS Money 2003 #3
Following a crash of system have had to reboot from scratch.Trying to re load money2003 but keep coming up with problem of MSIEXEC.exefile is linked to missing export msi.dll222 can anyone advise how to fix problem so i can load up again. In microsoft.public.money, kfa wrote: >Following a crash of system have had to reboot from >scratch.Trying to re load money2003 but keep coming up >with problem of MSIEXEC.exefile is linked to missing >export msi.dll222 can anyone advise how to fix problem so >i can load up again. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb...

Unable to install SP2 for Exchange server 2003
Hi, when I try to install SP2 for Exchange server 2003 an error message pops up saying: "....An earlier version of the Exchange Intelligent Message Filter has been detected on this system and this earlier version must be uninstalled before applying Service Pack 2." but when I go to Add/Remove programs in the control panel I could not find any earlier version of the Exchange Intelligent Message Filter installed. Can anyone please help me solving this problem ? thanks Install IMF version 1 and then de-install it again "KUMAIL" <KUMAIL@discussions.microsoft.com...

Need Help on Win Server 2003 booting and booting
Hello, It turns out to be evident that some "security" Windows Updates are more dangerous than any potential virus. After a Windows Update on the end of March, all my Windows Server 2003 where the update was accepted are booting and booting endlessly. That's tests servers but their re-install will last more than 10 days...:-( Do you know some anti-virus which detect these malicious updates and deactivate them? I tried TDSSKiller from Kasperski but without any success: it found nothing Maleware Bytes didn't find anything The Recovery console didn't recover anyt...

Can Exchange Server 2003 coexist on the same server as SUS?
We are testing Exchange 2003 on a server that we already had SUS 1.0 SP1 installed on. I am having a problem running the Internet Mail Wizard. I get the following error: Exchange System Manager An error occurred during a call to Windows Management Instrumentation ID no: 8004100e Exchange System Manager It only gives an OK option. When I click ok, the wizard progress bar goes to 100% and the report shows: The selected server fails the following prereqs: Cannot be a part of a Network Load Balancing cluster. I have checked the KB and as far as I can tell...

Outlook 2000 vs 2003
We have a bunch of public folders that our Outlook 2000 users have had no problems seeing or using the views (on an exchange 2003 server). Recently a few random people sometime cannot display a particular public folder, or the view won't filter properly. If you use 2003 under the same account, the everything works perfectly What's the scoop? -Rob T. ...

deploy needs debug dll?
I'm wondering if anyone has seen this. First, several computers have a previous version of our deployment. I've sent my executable and dlls out as pre release so some of my clients could take the next version around the block and I could get feedback. That works fine. And I've checked, I have not deployed a dll called MSVCR71D.dll in that previous version. Now, when I do an install of the new version on a computer, the app won't run, it is looking for that dll. The exact same app and dlls when laid over an old version don't need the dll. I don't think I've ...

Install Office 2003
Hi, I have Office XP installed and now want to install Office 2003. What is the safest method - uninstall XP and load 2003 or load 2003 over XP? Please note that I use Outlook Express and can not loose email history or contacts. Thank you, Nick Outlook Express is not part of Office, it is part of Internet Explorer. Outlook Express and the Outlook included in Office are two different products. If you want to continue using Outlook Express, choose not to install Outlook when you install Office 2003. If you would prefer to use Outlook, you can install it and then import your Outlook...

Application depends on msvcp71.dll and msvcp71d.dll in the same time
Hello I started testing my application written entirly on machine running XP Pro (VS 7.1). After installing the application (built in the debug mode) on fresh installation of Windows 98 SE I have discovered that it requires dlls from debug and non-debug modes (for example: msvcp71.dll and msvcp71d.dll, msvcr71.dll and msvcr71d.dll). The application uses a few external libraries but they are linked statically. Is this natural ? Thanks si Debug mode will require the debug versions(msvcp71d.dll, etc...) and the release mode will require the release versions (msvcp71.dll, etc...). Win...

Protect Workbook in 2003 changes to password to open in 2007
I created a workbook in Excel 2003 and protected the workbook with a password. When the user saves the file as Excel 2007 I can no longer open the file in Excel 2003 without entering the password. Is there a programming difference between Excel 2003 and 2007 that I need to take into account to stop this from happening? Thanks ...

Docking ToolBars Loaded by a DLL
Hello everyone! I'm Working on a dll that aims to add several toolbars in an existing mfc application. I would like to dock all of my toolbars but the only way to access to the Mdi frame window of the application is the handle. How can I dock my toolbar in the main application window ??? Thanx. Olivb. I dont know what you are asking. You can get the main window using AfxGetMainWnd will give you main window from another DLL. Typically you should make other DLL an MFC Extension DLL. This avoid use of AFX_MANAGE_STATE macros. The fact that you are in another DLL will not impact the...

Stop outlook 2003 from sorting on column heading click/prevent cha
I have set up custom views for tasks, with quite a bit of criteria, which works great... but every once in a while a column heading gets clicked and all of my custom settings disappear and everything gets resorted by what ever column I accidentally clicked on. Q: Can I prevent "sorting by clicking on column headings" for either the whole program, or even better, just that one custom view? or maybe prevent changes to the custom view all together? or Q: can I quickly revert back to the custom view that I had setup before things get re-sorted? Thanks! ...

Problem with Document Restore from System Tray
Quite often I will have 3 or more documents; e.g. Word, open on my desktop, but miminized to the system tray. If I open another existing Word document "all" of the open and minimized documents are fully restored to the desktop and then the newly opened document is displayed so it is in front. This will occur with any Office program used if you have several documents open at one time. My research indicates this is the default behavior in Office and has been for several releases. I'm using Office 2007. Does anyone know if there is a way to make a change within the ...

Email problem 12-01-09
My computer says I have'nt recieved an email since 7/21/09 but if i log in on a different cpu it works. and i get this message when i try to send an email: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Fw: A Tribute to our Flag', Account: 'Mail.commspeed.net', Server: 'smtp.commspeed.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Account: 'Mail.commspeed.net', Server: 'Mail.commspeed.net', ...

Outlook 2003 outbox #2
I scanned a doc to a Adobe .pdf format and tried to email it to a friend in Russia. The file was 6 MB...Outlook informed me that the file was too large. Fair enough. Now the file sits in my outbox and Outlook acts as if it is trying to upload it; going so far as to warn me with somewhat snippy tones that, when I close Outook, it (Outlook) is trying to send an email and am I sure that I want to close?...magnanimously giving me 15 seconds to decide. I have tried to delete it in many, many creative was Yet, there it is...that little green (1)...smirking at me everytime I go to see ...

A few more A97 vs A2000 questions
Hi Experts, The first question I have is: is there an add-on/utility or such for A2K to create the so named "switchboard" form's code in an A97 compatible way? Second is the fact that I am facing character display problems between machines and can't resolve the problem so far. One set of machines are W98 SE and use A97 the others include XP, W2K with a variety of Access versions except A97. The back-end is becoming problemmatic due to this character problem. Data entered is in Turkish on all machines but there is this incompatibility between the first set and the res...

.NET Form in VC++
I am looking at the Microsoft article Q839076. It shows how to create a form in VB.NET and use it in VB6. I have created the form just fine, but I want to use it in a VC++ .NET MFC program. I think this should be possible. I have been able to add it in the references in the solution explorer, but what do I do now? How do I make use of that reference? I have a form in my program and I tried right clicking and selecting "insert activex control", but it does not show there. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike Yes, you can insert a .Net control as ActiveX or use a .Net form as a dialog or view ...

Exchange 2007 404 error when accessing 2003 mailbox
http://forums.msexchange.org/404_error_coming_from_CAS_when_accessing_2003_mailbox/m_1800523872/tm.htm or use the short url. not sure how your readers will handle the long wrap-around style url above: http://bit.ly/68HLqc our 2003 environment is 2 front ends, and 2 back ends. our 2007 environment is 2 front ends (CAS HUB Role), and 4 back ends (Mailbox Role) All 2007 mailboxes work correctly. When trying to access a 2003 mailbox (https://frontend.domain.com/exchange) I can log in, and then get to the 2003 frame, but I get a 404 in both sides. The 404 pages appears to b...

Problems Setting Columns to Print
I have a speadsheet (Excel 2000) that consists of a range of cells (A1:AV44) - I want to print columns A thru Y on page one and columns Z thru AV on page 2. I cannot figure this out. The margins are all set at 1" all the way around. I changed the scaling, margins, fit to 2 pages by 1 page. I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you Hi one workaround: - start recording a macro - select columns A:Y and goto 'File - Printarea - set the printarea and print this range (one one single sheet) - now select the other range, set the printarea and...