MFC Table control or similar control

Hi,

I have a MFC dialog database application that returns data which i then put
into an excel spreadsheet and display onscreen.

Due to license issues i would like to write the data to a user defined
control. I would like this control to have a similar tabular look like the
excel spreadsheet. It should also have the option on control to print out
what data is in the control. I would also like to be able to put a bitmap on
the control (Showing a logo).

Can anyone give me advice on how what control(s) i should use to accomplish
this?

Thanks In Advance
Macca
0
macca (52)
2/16/2005 9:49:02 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could buy a third party control from Dundas etc. If you are looking
for a free one, look at the Chris Maunder's grid at codeproject:

http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp

-----------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

How do I change control colors
I create a dialog based MFC application in VC++ 6.0 and add some controls like edit boxes and buttons. I would like to change the defaultcolors of the controls. Is there no simple way to do this? I havn't found the answer in the docs. The only thing I have found is a SetBkColor method but that won't work. I have only succeded in changing the background color of the main dialog window with SetDialogBkColor. >I create a dialog based MFC application in VC++ 6.0 and add some controls >like edit boxes and buttons. >I would like to change the defaultcolors of the controls. Is...

Update a table from a query
Hello All, I am trying to update a table using a query. I keep getting "Operation must use an updateable query". I am not an SQL expert. I just sort of muddle through. My update query is this: UPDATE DISTINCTROW CostSummarySheet INNER JOIN qryUpdateTotalUsed3 ON (CostSummarySheet.CNS_Num = qryUpdateTotalUsed3.CostCNS) AND (CostSummarySheet.Proj_Num = qryUpdateTotalUsed3.PROJ_NUM) SET CostSummarySheet.Tot_Used = [qryUpdateTotalUsed3]![SumOf$$] WHERE (((CostSummarySheet.CNS_Num)=[qryUpdateTotalUsed3].[CostCNS]) AND ((CostSummarySheet.Proj_Num)=[qryUpdateTotalUsed3]...

Unicode in MFC
Hi, I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can anyone please help me with that. > I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: > when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my > own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string > but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can > anyone ple...

raisers edge/pivot tables in excel 2007
I use raisers edge 7.83, when i export a pivot table to excel 2007 it's not correct. It WAS correct in excel 2003. Anyone know of a fix for this? Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question. However, i am looking for someone skilled and experienced with Raisers Edge for a role we currently have. So if you are experienced with Raisers Edge, like working with Data and are looking for a new role, then please do contact me asap. Thanks Mark Gibbons G & G Recruitment Solutions 0844 800 4984 -- Mark Gibbons ...

Pivot table warning dialog suppression
[Excel 2003] Is there a way to suppress the warning dialog which appears asking if you want to replace the cells when you refresh a pivot table? Can anyone help? ...

Pivot Table Typical example
D'all, I learnt pivot table recently, anyone can help me to learn perfecly with a typical example of pivot table Hi Take a look at the following sites Debra Dalgleish's http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html scroll to section on pivot Tables Mike Alexander's http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm Ed Ferrero http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelTutorials/PivotTableTutorial2003/tabid/89/Default.aspx -- Regards Roger Govier "Sandeep Jangra" <SandeepJangra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54D67EB8-D12E-46C3-B87C-0711A0A70A57@microsoft.com... ...

return int value to OS in MFC App
Hi, Everybody. I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... How can i solve this problem? Can Anybody help me with this problem? <flybluewing@bcline.com> wrote in message news:1189386249.923483.59250@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody. > > I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. > > if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. > but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... > How can i solve this problem?...

Pivot Table
Hello, I have a pivot table with 2 column fields � Type and Subtype. My readers would like each row to have the Type on it. As this is the outer column field it of course is listed only once for the many subtypes included next to it. I have tried to copy the Type to the rows below but the pivot table won't allow this. Is there a way to copy the outer field column row with the description to the rows below it? Thanks JBESr You can't get the heading labels to repeat in the pivot table. You could copy the pivot table, and paste as values on a different sheet in the workbook. Then,...

Adding values in to table for appropriate fields only
Hi all i have a table T1 Fields are a1,a2,a3, b1,b2,b3, c1,c2,c3, d1,d2,d3, e1,e2,e3 = 15 fields created a1,a2,a3 belongs to 1 group like requests received,time in, time out. b1,b2,b3 beongs to group like request actioned, time in, time out. c1,c2,c3 belongs to group like request cleared time in ,time out. like wise other groups also. a1,a2,a3 data is say upto 125 records. b1,b2,b3 data is say upto 100 records c1,c2,c3 data is say upto 75 records. i want to create form which will be input to c1,c2,c3 fields only. when a record is entered it should be entered at 7...

mfc and IE activeX
I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC application but encountering problems If I built a very simple test dialog-application and drop in the IE it works exactly as expected. However, when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and call the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box itself. It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same problem. I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much ...

Need Help with MFC!!
Hi all, need help esp. with Graphic part. When you right click on any drive on your machine and click properties, you get a tabbed dialog. I want to know how can I embed graphic image (pie chart) into my MFC Dialog? I have written code which displays the Disk Usage right now but don't know how to display that info as a PIE CHART!!!!!! besides what type of MFC Dialog application should I look fwd to build? I want exactly as the DRIVE properties. TIA -- ======== Regards Vai ======== Have you looked at the CDC::Pie method? joe On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:07:11 -0400, "Vai2000"...

Question about Pivot Tables..why is that
WordXP I created the pivot table successfully and am up to dragging the field and putting them in the column. Why is it that sometimes I put the field in the column and it fills out the entire column with the info (ex. putting the "serial #" field in the column produces all the serial numbers to show up in each cell underneath) and other times I put the field in the column and all it shows is the sum amount. What is happening? Thank you. ~D~ There are four 'areas' in a pivot table , row fields, column fields, page fields and values. The value area is where the pivot ...

MFC to Console.
Hello Group. I need to convert the code of WiniNet Async Demo from microsoft samples from MFC to a console function.. Someone can help me with the changes.. The code is posted here Regards /* Microsoft Corporation Copyright 1999-2002 */ /******************************************************************** ProjectName : AsyncDemo Purpose : This sample demonstrates how to submit two WinInet requests, using InternentOpenUrl, asynchronously. Notes : This sample does not handle any authentication. To properly handle authentication, the functions that handle specific protocols (like Ht...

XML and MFC
Hello guys, What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation anywhere, please post me a link to it. Thank you in advance! :-) Yea, I wanna know it too. Who would give a hand? > What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to > integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation > anywhere, please post me a link to it. After digging left and right, I remained with two main options: - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:...

Sending Window Messages from an MFC app to a Windows Firm tray application
Hello, I have an MFC MDI application and a Windows Forms (2.0) Tray Icon application. I want to run a command on the tray application via my MFC application. There is a "Register" context menu command on the tray icon application. I want to call the Register command from my MFC MDI application. I thought of a windows message. How do I do it? Is there any other better mechanism to do so? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. If you know the class of the window on the tray application you can use FindWindow() to get the window for the class. Then you can use either PostMessage() or SendMessag...

dynamically managing of layout in MFC + GridBagLayout in MFC or C++
Hi, can anybody tell me how can I make or find a function in MFC to manage layout of a dialog that dynamically has been create and also the controls in the dialog? I am new in MFC, what I am lokking for is something like GridBagLayout in java? is there something like this in C++ MFC ? any idea plz? Thank u There is nothing like GridBagLayout in MFC. However, you can achieve the same functionality thru various means. You have to move the controls manually on resize of the dialog or window. Please see the following examples: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/easysize.asp http://www.codepr...

Console output from MFC dialog based app
Dear All, I have developed a MFC dialog based application. Now when I execute this app from command prompt, I need to write some text back to console. In console application we achieve this using functions like printf(), puts(), etc. Please let me know how do I achieve same in dialog based application since printf() and other functions are not working here. Thanks, Ajay You can't write to the same console window that you were ran from, but you can create a console window and write to that. Take a look at AllocConsole, ReadConsole, and WriteConsole. Here is an example: http://www....

Reporting back crashes in MFC-based products
Hello, We have a product written in MFC using Visual Studio 7.1. We are now planning to implement a feature that will detect a crash and report to us the cause of the crash and other meaningful information. The plan is to provide something similar to Window's error reporting tool. I found a 3rd party tool for Delphi that instruments the source code. When the program crashes, it provides information like the name of the function, module etc.. Is there something similar that I can use with MFC? The other option is to use MFC's Structured Exception Handling and try to get a memory dump...

Highlighting in data table
Is there a way to do conditional formatting in a data table in charting? For example, I want to highlight any negative values, but not the positive. Can those same volumes also be highlighted or differentiated in some way on the chart itself? This is for Excel 2007. Thanks for any help. Cindy Hi, You have almost no control of data table formatting. I suggest you create an in spreadsheet data table directly below your chart. Being a range you can do anything you want to it. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Cindy184" ...

Access and MFC
I would like to use some MFC capabilities from within Access. In PDC05/PRS313, Nick Kramer gave examples of using HWND's to create mixed Win32/Windows Presentation Foundation applications. I remember reading recently somewhere that Microsoft has released the MFC for general use. Can anyone provide information about (or even verify) the MFC release? Thanks, James A. Fortune CDMAPoster@FortuneJames.com MPAPoster@FortuneJames.com Microsoft Cabinet SDK: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms974336.aspx ...

bug of MFC ActiveX Control?
i create a default MFC activex control by wizard, i just check the windowlessActivate option, because i want to create a transparent control. but when i use the control in vb, the form_keydown event will be triger twice. i recompile the control after comment the follow line: dwFlags |= windowlessActivate; all things is ok. can someone confirm this "bug"? -- ף���ˣ� Maybe my english is so poor? Or something else? "sPhinX" <s5689412@163.com> д���ʼ� news:eQ$NrxkcFHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > i create a default MFC activex control by wizard, > i just ch...

Hope I've expressed my question correctly in the title. I have two separate tables. Table1: fldIDRepairName << AutoNumber and Primary Key fldRepairName << Index, Unique fldIDGroupName << Link to Foreign Table Table 2 ( I call this Foreign): fldIDGroupName <<AutoNumber and Primary Key fldGroupName ================== If trying to load an alphabetical list of the "fldRepairName" in Table 1: and at the same time get the "fldGroupName" into a second list box?? =================== If I loop "Tabl...

MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. HELP
This is driving me nuts. Whenever I run my program in release configuraiton it always crashes with the above error message offering me an option to send a message to Microsoft. I have discovered it is an access violation (code 5). Whenever I run the program in debug configuration it runs OK. I have two main questions: 1 How can the program behave so differently in the two configurations? I can find no explanation of this in the help files. 2 How can I get useful information about the access violation? I cannot save the crash dump produced which the exception handler offers to send to ...

copying excel graph & data table.
I have created a data table and a graph. I have copied this 50 times, in the spreadsheet. The copies of the graph refer to the original data table. I want the data series range to auto select from the cells of where I have copied too, without having to adjust every single graph. Please help. Many thanks. ...