MFC switch on function signature?

Hi Experts:

Since MFC process Windows messages by switching on the signatures of the
message handler functions; what happens when two handlers have same
signature?

Thanks in advance!
Polaris

0
etpolaris (100)
3/15/2007 7:28:48 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I often have different messages
call the same function.  I have to code ths by hand since the wizard won't
do it, but for example:

 ON_EN_CHANGE(IDE_SERVERID, OnModified)
 ON_EN_CHANGE(IDE_SERVER_DESC, OnModified)
 ON_CBN_SELCHANGE(IDCB_OPMODE, OnModified)
 ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_FIFO, OnModified)
 ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_AUTOMIN, OnModified)
 ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_VERIFY_ONLY, OnModified)

Tom

"Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Experts:
>
> Since MFC process Windows messages by switching on the signatures of the
> message handler functions; what happens when two handlers have same
> signature?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Polaris

0
tom.nospam (3240)
3/15/2007 4:28:28 PM
Thanks. I was talking about the MFC's internal implementation on processing
Windows messages. Unlike Win32 applications where the Windows procedure does
a "switch" on message IDs; the MFC's Windows procedure does the "switch" on
message handler's signature, not the message IDs. I was wondering, for MFC,
what happens when two handlers have the same dignature.

Polaris

"Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure I understand the question, but I often have different
> messages call the same function.  I have to code ths by hand since the
> wizard won't do it, but for example:
>
> ON_EN_CHANGE(IDE_SERVERID, OnModified)
> ON_EN_CHANGE(IDE_SERVER_DESC, OnModified)
> ON_CBN_SELCHANGE(IDCB_OPMODE, OnModified)
> ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_FIFO, OnModified)
> ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_AUTOMIN, OnModified)
> ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_VERIFY_ONLY, OnModified)
>
> Tom
>
> "Polaris" <etpolaris@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Experts:
>>
>> Since MFC process Windows messages by switching on the signatures of the
>> message handler functions; what happens when two handlers have same
>> signature?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Polaris

0
etpolaris (100)

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

Problem using Vlookup as a function in VBA.
Using xl2000: If anybdy could assist me I would be thankful. I'm trying to use the VLOOKUP function within a Public declared function as such : Public Function color(address As Range) ColorRange = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("range") color = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(address.Value, ColorRange, 2) End Function and the worksheet is set out as such A B C D 1 04-Mar-04 orange lime 2 3 4 01-Mar-04 grey 5 02-Mar-04 black 6 03-Mar-04 red 7 04-Mar-04 orange 8 05-Mar-04 w...

Indentation problem with signatures or stationary
I want to use this gif as my stationary http://www.jkador.com/images/backletter.gif but when I start an email left margin is all the way over to the left instead of over out of the way of the graphic. How can I make an indentation or margin default for my signature. ...

Unicode in MFC
Hi, I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can anyone please help me with that. > I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: > when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my > own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string > but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can > anyone ple...

return int value to OS in MFC App
Hi, Everybody. I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... How can i solve this problem? Can Anybody help me with this problem? <flybluewing@bcline.com> wrote in message news:1189386249.923483.59250@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody. > > I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. > > if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. > but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... > How can i solve this problem?...

OR function?
I am trying to have '0' and '#N/A' if they occur replaced with "". If I place a '0' in A1 and use the formula =IF(A1=0,"",A1) then fine I get "". If I place a '#N/A' in A1 and use the formula =IF(ISERROR(A1),"",A1) then fine again I get "". If I place a '0' in cell A1 and use the formula =IF(OR(ISERROR(A1),A1=0),"",A1) then fine again I get "" However if I place a '#N/A' in cell A1 and use the formula =IF(OR(ISERROR(A1),A1=0),"",A1) then I get '#N/A'...

mfc and IE activeX
I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC application but encountering problems If I built a very simple test dialog-application and drop in the IE it works exactly as expected. However, when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and call the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box itself. It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same problem. I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much ...

Addition function of multiple cells
Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine which cells will add to a specific number? For example: A1 = 1 A2 = 2 A3 = 5 A4 = 7 I want to know which cells added to gether will give me 6...answer = A1 + A3 On Tue, 25 May 2010 11:11:01 -0700, DB74 <DB74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a function that will take a list of numbers in >different cells and run various addition combinations on the list to detemine >which ce...

Need Help with MFC!!
Hi all, need help esp. with Graphic part. When you right click on any drive on your machine and click properties, you get a tabbed dialog. I want to know how can I embed graphic image (pie chart) into my MFC Dialog? I have written code which displays the Disk Usage right now but don't know how to display that info as a PIE CHART!!!!!! besides what type of MFC Dialog application should I look fwd to build? I want exactly as the DRIVE properties. TIA -- ======== Regards Vai ======== Have you looked at the CDC::Pie method? joe On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:07:11 -0400, "Vai2000"...

Calculator function
When entering a transaction in the payables transaction entry screen or in a journal entry, there should be a button where you can click to bring up a calculator which can then be used to calculate the amount you want to distribute to a line item. When you click okay, the resulting calculation should autofill the distribution amount for that line item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

IMAP and Sent Items and overall poor IMAP functionality
Hi! Why is IMAP in Outlook 2003 not automatically moving sent emails to Sent Items on server? Why is Purge on Exit not an option? It seems to me that Outlook Express has better IMAP implementation than Outlook 2003. And I was hoping to get at least some improvements in this new version :-( Our users are still on Outlook Express, even though some of our users would like to have Outlook. I can't implement a solution that only works good if you're a pro end-user that can write macros that move sent emails to sent items and create own buttons so that you can purge your folders....

MFC to Console.
Hello Group. I need to convert the code of WiniNet Async Demo from microsoft samples from MFC to a console function.. Someone can help me with the changes.. The code is posted here Regards /* Microsoft Corporation Copyright 1999-2002 */ /******************************************************************** ProjectName : AsyncDemo Purpose : This sample demonstrates how to submit two WinInet requests, using InternentOpenUrl, asynchronously. Notes : This sample does not handle any authentication. To properly handle authentication, the functions that handle specific protocols (like Ht...

Where is file containing signatures?
With OL 2002, does anyone know where in Windows Explorer I can find the file or folder containing the signatures I set up in Outlook? If I recall correctly...%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Scot" <thehuninla@gmail.com> wrote in message news:113166152...

XML and MFC
Hello guys, What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation anywhere, please post me a link to it. Thank you in advance! :-) Yea, I wanna know it too. Who would give a hand? > What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to > integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation > anywhere, please post me a link to it. After digging left and right, I remained with two main options: - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:...

Console output from MFC dialog based app
Dear All, I have developed a MFC dialog based application. Now when I execute this app from command prompt, I need to write some text back to console. In console application we achieve this using functions like printf(), puts(), etc. Please let me know how do I achieve same in dialog based application since printf() and other functions are not working here. Thanks, Ajay You can't write to the same console window that you were ran from, but you can create a console window and write to that. Take a look at AllocConsole, ReadConsole, and WriteConsole. Here is an example: http://www....

The Switch Blog
http://www.leaveitbehind.com/home/2005/03/why_switch.html Is there a reason that you published this to the SBS newsgroup? I find it weird that this blog post is on Scoble and now here in the SBS newsgroup. For one... we don't handle projects like this, for two, SBS doesn't have a true open source competitor. Don't get me wrong ..it's an interesting post...but I'm starting to wonder if this is a true blog post or some 'pretend' viral marketing thing especially when it's been cross posted like this. If you have a question about SBS, state it, otherwi...

Help with function/cond. formatting
Hey all you smarties out there! Here is what I have: Column E with these two formats: =AND(EvalCell(E3)<D3,TODAY()>G3), and =AND(E3<D3,TODAY()>G3). I created a UDF "EvalCell" to be able to calculate if I have 3+1 in a cell, representing that I received 3 items in one shipment, and 1 more item in a separate shipment. In column D, I might have the same 3+1. I need the computer to recognize that this is 4, and that columns D and E are equal. right now, if they aren't equal, ie E, the received column is less than D the ordered column, E turns red to alert me that s...

Sending Window Messages from an MFC app to a Windows Firm tray application
Hello, I have an MFC MDI application and a Windows Forms (2.0) Tray Icon application. I want to run a command on the tray application via my MFC application. There is a "Register" context menu command on the tray icon application. I want to call the Register command from my MFC MDI application. I thought of a windows message. How do I do it? Is there any other better mechanism to do so? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. If you know the class of the window on the tray application you can use FindWindow() to get the window for the class. Then you can use either PostMessage() or SendMessag...

dynamically managing of layout in MFC + GridBagLayout in MFC or C++
Hi, can anybody tell me how can I make or find a function in MFC to manage layout of a dialog that dynamically has been create and also the controls in the dialog? I am new in MFC, what I am lokking for is something like GridBagLayout in java? is there something like this in C++ MFC ? any idea plz? Thank u There is nothing like GridBagLayout in MFC. However, you can achieve the same functionality thru various means. You have to move the controls manually on resize of the dialog or window. Please see the following examples: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/easysize.asp http://www.codepr...

DDL script problem with view and function
Hi I'm currently trying to generate a DDL script for SQL Server 2000 from a Visio (for Enterprise Architects) database model which includes a view calling a function. E.g. CREATE VIEW MyView AS SELECT [Customer].[Name] AS CustomerName, [dbo].MyFunction([Customer].[ID]) AS Result FROM Customer I've entered the code for MyFunction in the global code area. The problem is that when the script is generated, the view definition is written in the script before the function which means that script throws an error Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure MyView, Line 14 Invalid obj...

Reporting back crashes in MFC-based products
Hello, We have a product written in MFC using Visual Studio 7.1. We are now planning to implement a feature that will detect a crash and report to us the cause of the crash and other meaningful information. The plan is to provide something similar to Window's error reporting tool. I found a 3rd party tool for Delphi that instruments the source code. When the program crashes, it provides information like the name of the function, module etc.. Is there something similar that I can use with MFC? The other option is to use MFC's Structured Exception Handling and try to get a memory dump...

Excel function button
Uppgraded to Office 2003 and I dont like the fact that they changed the equal button (=) to a function button (fx). Does anybody have a solution to change it back to the equal button (=) other than going back to the original version? Thanks -- Berro You can add an = icon Tools|customize|commands tab|Insert category (Scroll down the list until you find the = icon) And drag it to your favorite toolbar (nicely positioned). It's not quite the same, but maybe it'll be sufficient for you. Berro wrote: > > Uppgraded to Office 2003 and I dont like the fact that they changed ...

Offset Function for Block of Data
Is there anyway to apply offset for the following. If not, is there anyway I can do it? Sheet 1 A1 = Day, ie if I can key 1, it means day 1, 2 means day 2 and so on Row 2 - Location A, Row 3 - Adjustment, Row 4 - Location B in sheet 1 Row 2 - Location A, Row 3 - Location B in sheet 2 Column B - Product 1, Column C - Product 2 in Sheet 1 Column B - Product 1, Column C - Product 2 in Sheet 2 for Day 1 Column D - Product 1, Column E - Product 2 in Sheet 2 for Day 2 and so on When I key "1" in sheet 1 A1, it will extract figures From Sheet 2, B2 to Sheet 1, B2 From Sheet 2, B3 to Shee...

Excel VBA 2003: how do I call an Analysis ToolPak function within
Analysis ToolPak is installed in my application and I need to use the result of EOMONTH function in a UDF I am writing. These functions are clearly not amongst the properties/methods of APPLICATION.WORKSHEETFUNCTIONS. I tried this syntax: PrevMthEnd = [atpvbaen.xla]!EOMONTH(Date, -1) but it also does not work. How should it actually be worded? In addition to 'installing' the Analysis ToolPak along with 'Analysis ToolPak - VBA', in the VB Editor, set a Reference (Tools --> References) to atpvbaen.xls It should be in the list of available library refere...

switch around info from legend to axis
Help, How do I switch (change) info from the axis's and legend around? How do I move info from the axis, if I want - to the legend, and then move the legend info to the axis's? You've charted by rows instead of columns (or vice versa). On the Chart toolbar, click the By Row/By Column icon which is not depressed, or go to the Chart menu > Source Data > Data Range tab, and switch the By Row/By Column selection. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Sallie" <Sallie@discussions.microsoft...