MFC-Storing View as Bitmap File

Hello All,

I am Developing a MFC SDI application,where I want to store the
CHtmlView Contents as Bitmap Image file.I have made CHtmlView as a
Child of CView.I want to create this bitmap file when an button on the
popup dialog is clicked.I want entire content of CHtmlView even though
the poppup dialog is above the CHtmlView.

Please tell me how to Implement this..I need it urgently..

Any sample code will be of great help.

Thanks in Advance,
pra

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Create a metafile DC and have it draw to that.  You can probably just play the metafile
back to a bitmap.  By using a metafile as the intermediary, you eliminate the window as a
clipping effect.
				joe

On 1 Feb 2007 07:59:10 -0800, "prashanthaputta@rediffmail.com"
<prashanthaputta@rediffmail.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I am Developing a MFC SDI application,where I want to store the
>CHtmlView Contents as Bitmap Image file.I have made CHtmlView as a
>Child of CView.I want to create this bitmap file when an button on the
>popup dialog is clicked.I want entire content of CHtmlView even though
>the poppup dialog is above the CHtmlView.
>
>Please tell me how to Implement this..I need it urgently..
>
>Any sample code will be of great help.
>
>Thanks in Advance,
>pra
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Where is the Outlook .pst file located?
Using Windows XP, Outlook 2002 Two Questions: Can someone tell me where the main .pst file for Outlook is located in Windows, so I can back it up onto a remote server? If there are several folders containing emails, dodes each folder have to be backed up separately, or can all emails be backed up by backing up one .pst file? Thanks, "The Hun" <ed@LAocean.com> wrote in message news:5222a132-f978-4065-a5f0-7c7c5c9e33eb@e1g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Using Windows XP, Outlook 2002 > > Two Questions: > > Can someone tell me where the main .pst file for Outloo...

What are .pln files?
An attachment emailed to me is a .pln file that the sender claims to open with Word. My computer does not recognise this file. I tried the Microsoft web search for a solution which recommended RegCure. But RegCure didn't do anything. What is a pln file and how can I open one? -- Harry Its could be a Canon photo file. You can try inserting the file in your word document rather than just openiong it. I don't know what version of Word you are using so I can't give you the instructions here. Alternatively, try opening the file in your browser like IE8 or Mozilla/F...

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

Jet Engine MaxScanRows without an ini file or registry
I'm doing this: oConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=C:\;" & _ "Extended Properties=""text;HDR=No;FMT=CSVDelimited""" I want to set the "MaxScanRows=0" setting, but the only ways I can find to do this are to edit the registry or create a .ini file, and I don't want to do this - I want it all contained within the VBA. I suppose I could set the registry in the VBA and then set it back again, but if it crashes then that would leave a modified registr...

how do I create a stationary from a .jpg (picture) file
how do I create a stationary from a .jpg (picture) file. Want to create stationary of footprints in the sand and use a an outlook stationary or template. You would be better served asking Outlook questions in an Outlook forum. This one is for Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>&...

Unicode in MFC
Hi, I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can anyone please help me with that. > I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: > when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my > own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string > but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can > anyone ple...

return int value to OS in MFC App
Hi, Everybody. I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... How can i solve this problem? Can Anybody help me with this problem? <flybluewing@bcline.com> wrote in message news:1189386249.923483.59250@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody. > > I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. > > if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. > but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... > How can i solve this problem?...

Windows 98 .pub file isn't recognized by Windows XP
How do I access a .pub file generated with the Microsoft Publisher in Windows 98 in Windows XP Home Edition? It's not the version of *Windows* that matters - it's the version of *Publisher*. Which version of Publisher is loaded on the system with Win XP Home? And which version of Publisher are you using on the Win 98 system? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nhwoods" <nhwoods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E4976B9-76AE-4E17-92F1-63F5607A67EB@microsoft.com... > How do I access a .pub file generated with the Microsoft Publisher in ...

View All Records CMD button error
Hi all, Access 2007, Vista SP2, Ultimate 32 bit I have a filter form on which I have combo boxes to filter by specific criteria. I also have a command button that should open the record display form to show all records with the following behind the button: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Private Sub cmdViewAll_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdViewAll_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "frmMedsRec" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Exit_cmdViewAll_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdViewAll_Click: MsgBox Err.Des...

mfc and IE activeX
I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC application but encountering problems If I built a very simple test dialog-application and drop in the IE it works exactly as expected. However, when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and call the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box itself. It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same problem. I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much ...

CFG File for showing Email addresses in "CC" and "To" Fields
Hi all, My goal is to be able to make a distribution list easily when someone sends me an email with a lot of people in the "To" or "CC" fields. I am using gmail accounts through IMAP for Outlook 2007. I try and follow the Outlook help instructions, which tell me to copy and paste from these fields into the distribution list. However, because Outlook usually only displays the name and not the email address, it doesn't recognize an address when I copy and paste. I found these very helpful Slipstick instructions through a google search and was able to ...

How do I convert .qpw files to excel format?
I have all my income tax files in .qpw format but no longer have that program to open them (computer change). I now have Excel and was wondering how I convert those .qpw files into Excel format? Thanks Try downloading and installing the WordPerfect 12 demo from www.corel.com. This includes Quattro Pro 12. A fully-functional 30-day trial is here: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Downloads/Trials I have Quattro Pro 11 and notice it will "Save as..." in "Excel 97" format. I just saved a Quattro Pro spreadsheet in that format and opened it in Exce...

Need Help with MFC!!
Hi all, need help esp. with Graphic part. When you right click on any drive on your machine and click properties, you get a tabbed dialog. I want to know how can I embed graphic image (pie chart) into my MFC Dialog? I have written code which displays the Disk Usage right now but don't know how to display that info as a PIE CHART!!!!!! besides what type of MFC Dialog application should I look fwd to build? I want exactly as the DRIVE properties. TIA -- ======== Regards Vai ======== Have you looked at the CDC::Pie method? joe On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:07:11 -0400, "Vai2000"...

MFC to Console.
Hello Group. I need to convert the code of WiniNet Async Demo from microsoft samples from MFC to a console function.. Someone can help me with the changes.. The code is posted here Regards /* Microsoft Corporation Copyright 1999-2002 */ /******************************************************************** ProjectName : AsyncDemo Purpose : This sample demonstrates how to submit two WinInet requests, using InternentOpenUrl, asynchronously. Notes : This sample does not handle any authentication. To properly handle authentication, the functions that handle specific protocols (like Ht...

Excel 2000 files open with Excel 2010
I have just installed Office 2010 but have retained Office 2000. All my Excel 2000 files now open with Excel 2010. I've tried going into File Types and selecting the Excel 200 executable as the file to open XLS files, but they still open with Excel 2010. How can I return the default program for opening XLS files to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Excel.exe instead of using C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\Excel.exe? I know I can open Excel 2000 and opening the files from there, but that is much more inconvenient. Any ideas? -- Ian -- To set a particular ver...

wmp cannot play file
file as extension .iso error message found cood1199 what is this and how do i sort it please. ..iso is an image file and it doesn't get "played." You need a burning program like imgburn to burn the image to a CD/DVD. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "stoneage" <stoneage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637CE0D3-90E6-4217-A908-13F5C5A8BE70@microsoft.com... > file as extension .iso error message found cood1199 what is this and how > do i > ...

Changing the grid size in design view
I am using Access 2007 and I have a form I created from a table. I cannot get the form grid to change the width. It's stuck on a little short of 8 inches wide and I would like it to be only 5 inches wide. I am using it in Popup mode and it has a lot of white space to the right side that is empty. OF course the user can change the form each time in form view but if I could change the size of the grid in design view they wouldn't have to monkey with when they open the form. Thanks for looking at my problem. if you can not narrow a form while in design mode - then something is ke...

Columns in Accounts View
Currently available in Accounts view are the Account Name, Primary Contact, Main Phone, and City fields. Is it possible to add the Street Address and Zip fields to this view? Thanks, Craig. Sure. Go to Settings/Customization. Double-click the account entity. Then select "Forms and Views". Double the view you want to modify. Now add the fields, save the view and publish your changes. Repeat the steps for all views you want to modify. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup D...

Where is file containing signatures?
With OL 2002, does anyone know where in Windows Explorer I can find the file or folder containing the signatures I set up in Outlook? If I recall correctly...%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Scot" <thehuninla@gmail.com> wrote in message news:113166152...

XML and MFC
Hello guys, What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation anywhere, please post me a link to it. Thank you in advance! :-) Yea, I wanna know it too. Who would give a hand? > What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to > integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation > anywhere, please post me a link to it. After digging left and right, I remained with two main options: - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:...

Advanced Find View
is there a way to change the default advanced find view to reflect other fields??? Thanks in advance? Peter ...

view mailbox
I want to view the contents of a users mailbox then move his subfolders under Inbox to the root. How do I do this? Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Server As an admin, there is an explicit deny for the permissions you need. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821897/en-us "kingme" <kingme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2668D6A5-7BBB-4E3F-8668-5F8455A382D0@microsoft.com... >I want to view the contents of a users mailbox then move his subfolders >under > Inbox to the root. How do I do this? > > Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Server Open his profil...

Console output from MFC dialog based app
Dear All, I have developed a MFC dialog based application. Now when I execute this app from command prompt, I need to write some text back to console. In console application we achieve this using functions like printf(), puts(), etc. Please let me know how do I achieve same in dialog based application since printf() and other functions are not working here. Thanks, Ajay You can't write to the same console window that you were ran from, but you can create a console window and write to that. Take a look at AllocConsole, ReadConsole, and WriteConsole. Here is an example: http://www....

Mailbox Store blank no selection
I am using Exchange 2000 but recently upgraded the management tools to that of exchange 2003 on xp workstation. I am unable to add an exchange account via mmc snap in (I can from the console or terminal services). When I go through the add user process, I add a name, a user logon name and then a password. Then it asks me as normal if I want to create an exchange account however the mailbox store option is blank and there is nothing to select. Any help is much appreciated! Did you run Exchange 2003 Forestprep? IIRC, one of the requirements of using the Exchange 2003 tools to a...

Sending Window Messages from an MFC app to a Windows Firm tray application
Hello, I have an MFC MDI application and a Windows Forms (2.0) Tray Icon application. I want to run a command on the tray application via my MFC application. There is a "Register" context menu command on the tray icon application. I want to call the Register command from my MFC MDI application. I thought of a windows message. How do I do it? Is there any other better mechanism to do so? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. If you know the class of the window on the tray application you can use FindWindow() to get the window for the class. Then you can use either PostMessage() or SendMessag...