MFC Dlls between VS 6, and VS 7.1

Hi there, quick question about MFC dlls.  If I compile a simple "hello
world" app in Visual C++ 6, and I type in at the command prompt:

dumpbin /dependents hello.exe

I get a list of the DLLs that hello.exe depends on:
    MFC42.DLL
    MSVCRT.dll
    KERNEL32.dll
    USER32.dll
    GDI32.dll
    COMCTL32.dll
    OLEAUT32.dll

I do not have visual studio.net installed on my machine (yet).  Could
someone compile a simple MFC hello world app using VS 7.1 and see what DLLs
it depends on using dumpbin?  I'm asking because I know my clients only have
MFC42.dll on their machines and I don't want to ship MFC50.dll with my
product.  Is there a way to compile VC++ 7.1 apps so it uses MFC42.dll?

Thanks in advance, Timbit.

0
nospam7515 (2084)
11/8/2003 12:12:17 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>I do not have visual studio.net installed on my machine (yet).  Could
>someone compile a simple MFC hello world app using VS 7.1 and see what DLLs
>it depends on using dumpbin?

It'll depend on the xxx71 redistributable components.

>  I'm asking because I know my clients only have
>MFC42.dll on their machines and I don't want to ship MFC50.dll with my
>product.  Is there a way to compile VC++ 7.1 apps so it uses MFC42.dll?

No.

You can statically link to the run-time & MFC so that you don't have
any such dependencies - that's what I always do for self-contained MFC
applications.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq
0

Conditional Formatting #7
I'm hoping someone will be able to assist. I have a spreadsheet that tracks hours. I need to be able to quickly identify if I'm close to or have reached a certain number. Was hoping for a conditional formula that will change the color and or font of the value once it reaches my pre-determined number. Thanks! Monica Just use CF with a greater than value. Set that value to your threshold and set a pattern colour. -- HTH Bob Phillips "mds310 via OfficeKB.com" <u14855@uwe> wrote in message news:55c823bdb4b96@uwe... > I'm hoping someone will be able to assis...

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

XP styles and Unicode in VS 2005
I need to use XP style in my MFC projects. My projects are not UNICODE. In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles. I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not able to use XP styles. Is it possible to use XP styles in NOT UNICODE projects in VS 2005? "BobbyJones" <BobbyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B263D28-F094-4C1F-BAB5-A35DDD86FAF3@microsoft.com... >I need to use XP style in my MFC projects. > My projects are not UNICODE. > In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles. > I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not...

which better: Frequency vs Histogram
I read "Explore Histograms" in http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011109481033.aspx and found it educational. However, I can't see a difference in output between using a Histogram and using the Frequency function. Can anybody share the pros and cons of each? I think you have missed the point. The article says that the table produced by the ATP histogram tool is exactly the same as the table (with same bin definitions) produced by the FREQUENCY function. The difference is not in the values calculated, but in the fact that the histogram table is a static t...

CRM 3.0 -> CRM 4.0 Subquery returned more than 1 value
Does anyone have a resolution for below error message when migrating from CRM 3.0 -> CRM 4.0 17:01:11| Info| Upgrading setup user data, and locale IDs 17:01:11| Info| Upgrading setup user data, and locale IDs 17:01:12| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the subquery follows =, !=, <, <= , >, >= or when the subquery is used as an expression. Subquery returned more than 1 value. This is not permitted when the s...

CListCtrl update model: invalidate/update vs immediate
Hi, I was wondering, why does this control (or controls in general) update itself immediately instead of in the update/'onpaint' handler? All kinds of 'stupid' setredraw magic appears to be needed sometimes due to this. The update is happening in the WM_PAINT handler. When you add a new item, or change an item in a listctrl it will send a WM_PAINT message to itself. AliR. "Olaf van der Spek" <OlafvdSpek@GMail.Com> wrote in message news:%23rV%23r6xLFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering, why does this control (or controls in ge...

Unicode in MFC
Hi, I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can anyone please help me with that. > I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: > when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my > own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string > but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can > anyone ple...

return int value to OS in MFC App
Hi, Everybody. I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... How can i solve this problem? Can Anybody help me with this problem? <flybluewing@bcline.com> wrote in message news:1189386249.923483.59250@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody. > > I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. > > if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. > but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... > How can i solve this problem?...

microsoft document imaging not installing with windows 7
I have a new computer with Win 7 Pro & have Student Office 2007... The microsoft document imaging "PRINTER" is not installing with windows 7... Any answers to this one? I like the .mdi formats & really want it back<<<<< I have tried reinstall; its a no go... ...

Float Menu Excel 2003 vs 2007
Hi All In a [2003] workbook I've got a "help sheet" with various help topics. When activated a float_menu appears from which the user can select a topic from a userform. This works great, however in 2007 the float_menu doesn’t appear. Any suggestions ? As always any help will be much appreciated. This is my code: Regular module: Sub Float_Menu_help() Dim newMenu As CommandBar, newControl, newItem, subMenu Dim c 'remove custom menu if it exists Delete_HelpMenu 'create new menu and display it Set newMenu = CommandBars.Add(Name:="Help_Menu", _ T...

Visio 2000 Pro Service Release 1
Good day I'm seeking a download/cd of Visio 2000 Pro Service Release 1. Would you be willing to help me find one I'm student at Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC), Ankeny IA. I just bought a copy of Visio 2000 Pro and would like to add service pack 2 However, SP2 states SR1 MUST be installed first Thank yo Brad Is the copy you bought branded as Microsoft Corporation or Visio Corporation? If your box is branded as a Microsoft product, you already have SR1. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and conf...

mfc and IE activeX
I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC application but encountering problems If I built a very simple test dialog-application and drop in the IE it works exactly as expected. However, when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and call the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box itself. It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same problem. I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much ...

Excel2003 vs 2007 ... :(
Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003 & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007??? However .... Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ... when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels .... very disenchanting. We have use...

MSCRM 3
Hi My company is looking at installing MSCRM 3. They want to use SQL Server 2000 as the backend. I think SQL Server 2005 is the way to go, but I need some convincing reasons why. Can some one list me some advantages of going with SQL Server 2005 that related directly to CRM. Much regards Tom Advantages specific to CRM? Hmm, let me see. 1. Improved performance (I haven't experienced it myself yet, but I guess/hope that SQL 2005 has better performance than SQL 2000). Ok, it's not specific to CRM, but it is relevant. 2. Maybe the improved SQL Server Reporting Services 2005. This has ...

Need Help with MFC!!
Hi all, need help esp. with Graphic part. When you right click on any drive on your machine and click properties, you get a tabbed dialog. I want to know how can I embed graphic image (pie chart) into my MFC Dialog? I have written code which displays the Disk Usage right now but don't know how to display that info as a PIE CHART!!!!!! besides what type of MFC Dialog application should I look fwd to build? I want exactly as the DRIVE properties. TIA -- ======== Regards Vai ======== Have you looked at the CDC::Pie method? joe On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:07:11 -0400, "Vai2000"...

Sharing vs. Delegate Access
Can anyone tell me the difference between Sharing (email, calendars,folders) vs. Delegate and delegate access? I can't find anything comparing the two!! Help! Sharing is just that - you share your folders with others. Delegates have 'send on behalf of' permission and can accept meetings on your behalf. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-...

problem opening Money 2005 after reinstall on Windows 7
After a recent computer crash, I had to reformat my hard drive and install windows 7. I still have my original Money 2005 install file, and was able to reinstall the program just fine. The problem is that it won't open the money file I've been using. It asks for my password for .NET passport, and when I input the same password I've ALWAYS used, it says that it is incorrect. When I click "forgot password", I am able to sign-in to my Windows Live account and successfully change the password, but it still won't let me sign in to the money file. If I try to si...

to create nametags, I want 8 names per sheet, not 1 name 8 times
After using an excell database as the source and mail merging, I am getting a sheet of 8 nametags with the smae person's name instead of 8 different names per sheet. How do I fix this? Are you looking at print preview? There is a bug in Publisher that when you view print preview the same information is on all labels. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22F2F053-3985-4D41-8F0B-E1E20119DF92@microsoft.com... > After using an excell datab...

Problems with VC++ 6.0
Hi, I have a quick question, this may not be the right place to post it but I have no idea where else to post this so here goes: With VC++6.0 I've have this problem where I can access a list of member functions through the interface for one control, but am unable to do this for another control I added a few weeks later... What I'm talking about is the automatic list that pops up if you for example type 'm_control1.' it works on the 'old' controls but not on the 'new' ones, even though I cannot see the difference between them...I Have for example: //{{AFX...

MFC to Console.
Hello Group. I need to convert the code of WiniNet Async Demo from microsoft samples from MFC to a console function.. Someone can help me with the changes.. The code is posted here Regards /* Microsoft Corporation Copyright 1999-2002 */ /******************************************************************** ProjectName : AsyncDemo Purpose : This sample demonstrates how to submit two WinInet requests, using InternentOpenUrl, asynchronously. Notes : This sample does not handle any authentication. To properly handle authentication, the functions that handle specific protocols (like Ht...

OMA Problem!
Goodmornig at all! I've a problem with OMA 2003... When I type http://serverip/oma the logon popup appear; I write domainname\username and password and appear this: (see the attach....screenshot.jpg) In the domain controller event viewer I've found this error: Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: MSExchangeOMA Categoria evento: (1000) ID evento: 1507 Data: 28/07/2004 Ora: 10.16.07 Utente: N/D Computer: DOMAIN Descrizione: Errore sconosciuto durante l'elaborazione della richiesta corrente: Generata eccezione di tipo Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderExcepti...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Instantly_Convert_Microsoft=AE_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Excel_Document_into_PDF_Files?=
Instantly Convert Microsoft? Excel Document into PDF Files Convert Xls to PDF For Excel is the fast, affordable way to create professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. Its easy-to-use interface allows you to create PDF files by simply click the "Save as PDF" button from MS Excel, creating documents which can be viewed on any computer with a PDF viewer. Convert Xls to PDF For Excel supports Font embedding, resolution, compression and multi-language. And Convert Xls to PDF For Excel don't need any software such as adobe acrobat. How does it works: Convert Xls ...

550 5.7.1 and pop3 accounts
Hi. I have an Exchange 2003. I don't have any problem when I configure Outlook to use Exchange server. When I configure an Outlook to use the Exchange account as pop3, then I can't send mails to external recipients (like hotmail.com). I get a NDR message: "550 5.7.1. Unable to relay for xxx@xxx.xxx". However if I configure Outlook to use the account as an Exchange account, then I can send mails to anyone. I have seen that in SMTP server properties -> Access -> Relay restrictions, if I add my PC's IP then I can send mails using pop3 accounts. But I can't...

XML and MFC
Hello guys, What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation anywhere, please post me a link to it. Thank you in advance! :-) Yea, I wanna know it too. Who would give a hand? > What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to > integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation > anywhere, please post me a link to it. After digging left and right, I remained with two main options: - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:...

FRX 6.7: to view, specifically Units in one report
I have report with a Reporting Tree (9 Unit), when the report is generated, I select only two unit, but I need that the drill down show one report with these unit only. Thanks in advance ...