MFC Dll with dialog

Hi
I have MFC Dll with dialog, I used it in C# App.
All the function (from App to the Dll ) was at another
Thread ("Dll thread").
Not in the main (GUI) thread, but in the same one (using
queue)
The init(.) and other function first enter to Q and the
pulled by the "Dll Thread")
It's working functionality, but The MFC Dialog stays grey.
(Missing WM_PAINT (?
I think that I have problem with window handle.
The Code in the C#:
[..."MyDll.dll"...]
export static int Init(CallBack* xxx, SData* ps);
The function get delegate to return event from the DLL and
data on the application. ( name and ID, not window handle
or other data like it)
Can U help me?
Thanks
koby

0
kobyb (1)
4/28/2004 8:39:06 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Question related to modal dialogs
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C600A8.61759780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Le't consider the following simplified example: 1. I have 3 dialog classes: CMainDlg, CFirstDlg, CSecondDlg, all derived = from CDialog. 2. In the CMainDlg::OnOK() I want to display the CFirstDlg, so the = function looks like: void CMainDlg::OnOK()=20 { CFirstDlg dlg; dlg.DoModal(); =20 CDialog::OnOK(); } 3. In the CFirstDlg::OnInitDialog method I ne...

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

Unicode in MFC
Hi, I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can anyone please help me with that. > I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: > when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my > own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string > but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can > anyone ple...

Pivot table warning dialog suppression
[Excel 2003] Is there a way to suppress the warning dialog which appears asking if you want to replace the cells when you refresh a pivot table? Can anyone help? ...

return int value to OS in MFC App
Hi, Everybody. I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... How can i solve this problem? Can Anybody help me with this problem? <flybluewing@bcline.com> wrote in message news:1189386249.923483.59250@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody. > > I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. > > if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. > but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... > How can i solve this problem?...

mfc and IE activeX
I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC application but encountering problems If I built a very simple test dialog-application and drop in the IE it works exactly as expected. However, when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and call the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box itself. It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same problem. I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much ...

Dialog Application Error, Pocket PC
I'm getting an error when my Pocket PC application tries to step over the SHInitDialog function below. The error message is "First-chance exception in Dialog.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation." When I click OK, it takes me to the disassembly listed below the basic code: BOOL CDiaglog::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); /* OnInitDialog above calls "dlgcore.cpp" below */ ... } C:\...\Mfc\Src\dlgcore.cpp Ln 761-769 (i.e. "not my code"): ::SetForegroundWindow(m_hWnd); if (!SHInitDialog(&shidi)) /* This is where I get the access violatio...

how to close opened dialogs?!
Trying to insert 3 D pie into a slide, but it keeps telling me i must close any opened dialogs( cant see any opened ), or cancel editing in excel? Confused?! You know, we see reports of this occasionally, but I'm still not sure why it happens. Run Office Diagnostics. Open PPT and go to Office Button | PPT Options | Resources and run diagostics from there. Then reboot. I'd also make sure I have SP2 installed. Then I'd install this hotfix so the charts don't actually crash (which is unfortunately something that SP2 sometimes causes). :-) http://blogs.technet.co...

dlg DLL Message
I have just upgraded to office 2003 Professional. While using Publisher I have got a dialog box titled dlg DLL Message with the message "Version Error of ucf file" with an OK button. There appear to be no adverse effects and clicking OK clears the box again with no apparent effect. Does anyone know why this might be and how I stop it. regards ...

RegisterWindowMessage, HWND_BROADCAST between exe and dll issue
i have the following problem, that i've been looking at and googling about for past 4 days to no avail. i have an exe, let's call it exe1, that is ours, that runs as some user, "Administrator" in this particular case, on a given machine, that does following: UINT uiStringA = RegisterWindowMessage("StringA") and then has ON_REGISTERED_MESSAGE(uiStringA, stringAHandler); then i have a vendor's exe, that runs as a service under "System" user and that loads 1 standard c dll, which in turn loads 2nd dll, let's call it dll2, which is also ours and m...

transfering values from one dialog to other..help needed
hello, I ahve created a dialog based application.I have inserted a menu in it.Through this menu i pop up 2 modal dialog box.Now suppose user selects a value from combobox in dialogbox1.after i press OK of dialogbox1(whch updates values from ctrls to value variables) the dialog is closed.Now i want that this user selected value is dispalyed in combo box of dialog box 2. I wrote a code for this but it not working.....please somebody guide me... midialogbox1::OnSelendokcombo1()//when changes in combobox occurs CBN_SELENDOK message is called.This is handler for that. { UpdateData(TR...

Need Help with MFC!!
Hi all, need help esp. with Graphic part. When you right click on any drive on your machine and click properties, you get a tabbed dialog. I want to know how can I embed graphic image (pie chart) into my MFC Dialog? I have written code which displays the Disk Usage right now but don't know how to display that info as a PIE CHART!!!!!! besides what type of MFC Dialog application should I look fwd to build? I want exactly as the DRIVE properties. TIA -- ======== Regards Vai ======== Have you looked at the CDC::Pie method? joe On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:07:11 -0400, "Vai2000"...

MFC to Console.
Hello Group. I need to convert the code of WiniNet Async Demo from microsoft samples from MFC to a console function.. Someone can help me with the changes.. The code is posted here Regards /* Microsoft Corporation Copyright 1999-2002 */ /******************************************************************** ProjectName : AsyncDemo Purpose : This sample demonstrates how to submit two WinInet requests, using InternentOpenUrl, asynchronously. Notes : This sample does not handle any authentication. To properly handle authentication, the functions that handle specific protocols (like Ht...

msxml3.dll not present
when opening a report generated by Backup Exec I get msxml3.dll not present, I registered the dll again, I installed all versions of xml available to sbs2008. Symantec was unable to help me with the problem and adviced me to reinstall the entire suite. I was wondering if there is anything else I could do? msxml3 is definitely not a default OS dll and hasn't been for quite some time. In short, an app issue, so the app company is the best source for support and their advice should be followed. -Cliff "Ingmar Van Glabbeek" <ingmar.vg@gmail.com> wrote in...

Printer DLL's
Our Dynamics GP graphical reports do not print. They come up on the screen but will not print to a printer nor our PDF writer. Will come up in Microsoft XPS Document writer. After much troubleshooting (getting Microsoft involved), the final assessment is that a printer dll that several (maybe all) printers have in common must be corrupted. Question: Does anyone know of a way to identify/list dll's associated with a printer. We are in deep trouble here, not being to print invoices. MaryH, Print a test page. It will tell you the exact driver and version. To print a test page,...

How to use PagePaintHook to customize PageSetup dialog?
Hello I'm trying to customize the PageSetupDialog in VC++. I have added 2 new edit boxes - Height and Width to the dialog. I have used the PageSetupHook to trap the messages related to the new controls. This works fine. However, I need to update the preview that is shown at the top of the dialog based on the height and width entered by the user. I have tried using PagePaintHook to draw the margin rectangle by trapping the WM_PSD_MARGINRECT message. I have sent the WM_PSD_MARGINRECT message on changing the the height and width in the PageSetupHook procedure. But the margin recta...

XML and MFC
Hello guys, What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation anywhere, please post me a link to it. Thank you in advance! :-) Yea, I wanna know it too. Who would give a hand? > What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to > integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation > anywhere, please post me a link to it. After digging left and right, I remained with two main options: - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:...

dynamically managing of layout in MFC + GridBagLayout in MFC or C++
Hi, can anybody tell me how can I make or find a function in MFC to manage layout of a dialog that dynamically has been create and also the controls in the dialog? I am new in MFC, what I am lokking for is something like GridBagLayout in java? is there something like this in C++ MFC ? any idea plz? Thank u There is nothing like GridBagLayout in MFC. However, you can achieve the same functionality thru various means. You have to move the controls manually on resize of the dialog or window. Please see the following examples: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/easysize.asp http://www.codepr...

Sending Window Messages from an MFC app to a Windows Firm tray application
Hello, I have an MFC MDI application and a Windows Forms (2.0) Tray Icon application. I want to run a command on the tray application via my MFC application. There is a "Register" context menu command on the tray icon application. I want to call the Register command from my MFC MDI application. I thought of a windows message. How do I do it? Is there any other better mechanism to do so? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. If you know the class of the window on the tray application you can use FindWindow() to get the window for the class. Then you can use either PostMessage() or SendMessag...

Console output from MFC dialog based app
Dear All, I have developed a MFC dialog based application. Now when I execute this app from command prompt, I need to write some text back to console. In console application we achieve this using functions like printf(), puts(), etc. Please let me know how do I achieve same in dialog based application since printf() and other functions are not working here. Thanks, Ajay You can't write to the same console window that you were ran from, but you can create a console window and write to that. Take a look at AllocConsole, ReadConsole, and WriteConsole. Here is an example: http://www....

addtitional Dialog Boxes and Database
I have a standard MFC CRecordView, CRecordset and CDocument setup that can input and output to my Database. I want to used a couple of Popup Dialog boxes to input and view data from the DB. In the main CRecordView I use a Crecordset object to navigate the database. How do I input and view the DB from the added Dialog boxes. Seth King wrote: > I have a standard MFC CRecordView, CRecordset and > CDocument setup that can input and output to my Database. > I want to used a couple of Popup Dialog boxes to input and > view data from the DB. In the main CRecordView I use a >...

Reporting back crashes in MFC-based products
Hello, We have a product written in MFC using Visual Studio 7.1. We are now planning to implement a feature that will detect a crash and report to us the cause of the crash and other meaningful information. The plan is to provide something similar to Window's error reporting tool. I found a 3rd party tool for Delphi that instruments the source code. When the program crashes, it provides information like the name of the function, module etc.. Is there something similar that I can use with MFC? The other option is to use MFC's Structured Exception Handling and try to get a memory dump...

Outlook and "Bad Image" error (msimtf.dll)
I have a user in the office, with Windows XP Home (SP2) and Office 2002 (SP3). She's starting to get this message: "OUTLOOK.EXE - Bad Image. The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS \System32\msimtf.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." every time she starts up Outlook, sometimes two or three of them in a row she has to OK. They'll also pop up now and then while using Outlook. This only started happening a couple of days ago, and she hasn't installed or uninstalled any software lately, and nothing else unusual has happened wit...

Access and MFC
I would like to use some MFC capabilities from within Access. In PDC05/PRS313, Nick Kramer gave examples of using HWND's to create mixed Win32/Windows Presentation Foundation applications. I remember reading recently somewhere that Microsoft has released the MFC for general use. Can anyone provide information about (or even verify) the MFC release? Thanks, James A. Fortune CDMAPoster@FortuneJames.com MPAPoster@FortuneJames.com Microsoft Cabinet SDK: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms974336.aspx ...

bug of MFC ActiveX Control?
i create a default MFC activex control by wizard, i just check the windowlessActivate option, because i want to create a transparent control. but when i use the control in vb, the form_keydown event will be triger twice. i recompile the control after comment the follow line: dwFlags |= windowlessActivate; all things is ok. can someone confirm this "bug"? -- ף���ˣ� Maybe my english is so poor? Or something else? "sPhinX" <s5689412@163.com> д���ʼ� news:eQ$NrxkcFHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > i create a default MFC activex control by wizard, > i just ch...