mfc/c++ -> emulate user using ssh

I'm having to do things "the hardway" because an organization won't let me run an application on their box, but the organization has no problem giving me ssh access, so...

I need to write an application that will emulate a user that is using ssh to login onto a box and then execute commands as required by the controlling application.  I need to be able to keep the connection open between commands.

I really don't know what commands/functions/api I need to use (i.e. where to start), but once you point me in the right direction, I'm good to go.

Thanks,
Rein
0
Rein (2)
7/24/2004 3:21:03 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If my memory does not fail me, I think that I have seen something on the
www.codeproject.com site, have a look in there, I think that there is
something which you could use or change it to suit your needs.

"Rein" <Rein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having to do things "the hardway" because an organization won't let me
run an application on their box, but the organization has no problem giving
me ssh access, so...

> I need to write an application that will emulate a user that is using ssh
to login onto a box and then execute commands as required by the controlling
application.  I need to be able to keep the connection open between
commands.

> I really don't know what commands/functions/api I need to use (i.e. where
to start), but once you point me in the right direction, I'm good to go.

> Thanks,
> Rein

0
PRG9798 (12)

ANN: C# Online.NET Spanish Project
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE First Spanish-Language, Wiki-based, Online C# and .NET Reference at C# Online.NET Dallas, TX � A new concept in online references for Microsoft .NET programming languages is being pioneered by C# Online.NET�a new wiki-based, online C# and .NET reference. C# Online.NET offers documentation, tutorials, and C# source code examples for .NET languages beginning with the C# language. "Compared to Java," says Will Wagers, founder of C# Online.NET, "there is a dearth of online C# help." C# Online.NET is enlisting the aid of volunteer contributors to write ...

Cannot log in using WindowsID (was able to before)
I just bought MS Money 2007 Deluxe yesterday. The install went smooth, without any issues. I registered a new WindowsID and was able to successfully log into MS Money. However, today when I tried to log into MS Money, the messge apeared that the "Money was not able to recognize your WindowsID" or something like it and that "You will still have access to some functions but will not be able to make online updates". Now I'm not able to make updates. Any idea what this could be? Is the authentication server for WindowsID down or something? See the post under Mon...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

the user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 09-20-06
Anyone receive this error message in the CRM Outlook Client? "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Thanks, Scott ...

How to use structured reference (ListColumns) in VBA
I want to do something simple...loop through a range retrieving values one at time and taking action on that value. This range is an Excel 2007 table column. Easy enough...BUT I want to use structured references to a table column by NAME, not numbers. I don't want to define new names, just use the table column headings. I've found ways of doing it with quotes, but that's not structured....the names in quotes do not change if the table heading is changed by the user. The formulas change if the table column heading is changed, but I want it to change in VBA to...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

User Defined Required Fields
I have set several field on sub window Sales User-Defined Fields Entry of Sales Transaction Entry as "Required". If the user remembers to click User-Defined, then they become required. But if the user never clicks on User-Defined from Sales Transaction Entry, then they can still save the new document without the required fields entered. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this asside from continual user training? Your answer is VBA. You own Modifer, so you also have VBA enabled. You'll need to write VBA code to open the window (literally, push the button) then set th...

User Authentication Error
Hello All, I am running CRM 3.0. I have the system administrator role. When attempting to merge 2 account records I receive an error that states, "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." I cannot merge the records. If anyone can, please advise. thanks. Keith ...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

How to obtain enumerated attribute declarations from a DTD using MSXML & VB?
I have a VB (VB6, not .NET) application that reads an XML file (using MSXML v3.2 parser); the XML file contains a reference to an external DTD. The DTD has numerous enumerated attribute declarations like so: <!ATTLIST MyElement MyAttribute (One | Two | Three) "One" > The VB code needs to generate dynamic pick-list for all the attributes that appear in the DTD as part of a data-entry application; each dynamically created pick list should contain all the allowable values for the attribute as defined by the DTD (and presented in some kind of multiple choice control like a comb...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

how to use roundup
how to roundup the number to hundreds example 1250101 to 1250200 , 1250901 to 1251000 , 1250750 to 1250800 thank alot =ROUNDUP(A1,-2) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "r4319hb" <r4319hb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D5EA24-858C-49D3-A5ED-481FEBEA36CB@microsoft.com... > how to roundup the number to hundreds example 1250101 to 1250200 , 1250901 > to > 1251000 , 1250750 to 1250800 > thank alot =CEILING(A1,100) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "r4319hb" <r4319hb@discussions.microsoft...

Lock Out Users for Maintenance
Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is running. Mike, I guess the easiest way is to revoke users access to the company. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "MikeWal" wrote: > Is there a way to temporarily lock out all but the "sa" user? This would be > very helpful when tasks such as Check Links is runni...

Using 'like' on a user prompt
I want to prompt the user for a value to use to filter a form. Here is my command with the WhereCondition: docmd.OpenForm "test", acNormal, , "LastName=[Enter a Last Name]" I want to use the WhereCondition as a "LIKE" criteria. Variations on the WhereCondition itself that I've tried include various combinations of LastName LIKE %...% LastName LIKE *...* LastName LIKE [%...%] LastName LIKE [*...*] You get the idea... No luck so far. Any thoughts? On Thu, 27 May 2010 21:52:50 GMT, "RicDon" <u60397@uwe> wrote: >I wan...

SQL-Dynamics V10 Users
I have some messy stuff going on with Dynamics and SQL users. I have users that are users in the databases, but not in Dynamics, and users in Dynamics that are not in SQL. Is there a script or anything to run to straighten this out? Right now it is manual process where I have to go user by user, check in dynamics and which companies they use, then go to SQL and check each database... Any suggestions? -- Doug Why can't you do this through the user interface? Did you resore a backup of Dynamics of something? As far as I know, the only way to create a GP login is to do it throu...

Using online services from Europe
I'm going to be temporarily stationed in Europe for a couple of months. Are there any problems with my using M2002 to access my accounts, pay bills, etc, from there just as I do from the US? TIA You should be fine, so long as you have a 128 bit encryption version of IE. If you do have problems, please feel free to post here :-) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh...

Can I use the same driver in all versions of Access or Sqlserver
Hello,I have got a question,I wonder if i can use the same driver as Access2000 to get the data from all versions of Access database,my code connected to Access2000 is as follows: "m_pConnection->Open("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DataSource="+s.m_database,"","",adModeUnknown); Is this code available for other versions of Access? If not,can anyone tell me the correct code for Access2002.Access2003,Access97? my code connected to Sqlserver2000 is as follow: m_pConnection->Open(Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Persist Security Info=True;Password="+s.m_pass...

Importing Excel named ranges using MS Query
I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table using MS Query. When I import the workbook my options are only to select the "tables" (which are my sheets referenced as sheetname$). I don't want to use the entire sheet, just my named ranges in multiple sheets. Thanks, Kathy H Names ranges should appear in the list of tables, unless they're dynamic ranges. But if there's nothing else on the sheet, you can use the sheetname$ tables. KHanna wrote: > I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table > usi...

User defined fields #2
Entered user defined fields the way I wanted, however, the software has now put it all in ascending order and there are no sort options available. Any way to correct without having to do it all over? Put in ascending order where?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Darcy W." <Darcy W.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...