MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. HELP

This is driving me nuts.

Whenever I run my program in release configuraiton it always crashes with
the above error message offering me an option to send a message to Microsoft.
I have discovered it is an access violation (code 5).

Whenever I run the program in debug configuration it runs OK.

I have two main questions:
1 How can the program behave so differently in the two configurations? I can
find no explanation of this in the help files.
2 How can I get useful information about the access violation?

I cannot save the crash dump produced which the exception handler offers to
send to Microsoft for me because it is deleted as soon as I click out of the
dialog and my Norton wizard for recovering lost files doesn't look in the
right directory. Is it possible to disable the MFC exception handling so that
I can generate a drwtsn32 crash dump? If I can, will Visual Studio 6.0 read
it?

I have tried analysing the stack dump in the crash file (a laborious process
using the small scroll window in the report viewer) to find addresses from my
program space, but so far this hasn't led to anything.

Ideally I would like to make the debug configuration detect the access
violation so that I can investigate but I cannot find any options that allow
me to force the debug version to behave in the same way as the release
version. Is there such an option (this is obviously related to my main
question No 1).

Alan
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There are many reasons why it can act different in Release vs. Debug.  The
bug could be the result of Optimization, or the fact that some variables get
initialized in debug mode, where they don't in release.

There are a couple of options for finding the problem, first try to turn on
debug information in your release mode and see if still crashes, which at
that point you should be able to see the callstack and hopefully find the
problem.
If the crash goes away when you add debug information, then turn off the
debug info, and resort to MessageBoxs/TRACEs to find the location of the
bug.

AliR.

"Alan Williams-Key" <AlanWilliamsKey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E04D7A53-A26D-4960-A488-C375E47BF109@microsoft.com...
> This is driving me nuts.
>
> Whenever I run my program in release configuraiton it always crashes with
> the above error message offering me an option to send a message to
> Microsoft.
> I have discovered it is an access violation (code 5).
>
> Whenever I run the program in debug configuration it runs OK.
>
> I have two main questions:
> 1 How can the program behave so differently in the two configurations? I
> can
> find no explanation of this in the help files.
> 2 How can I get useful information about the access violation?
>
> I cannot save the crash dump produced which the exception handler offers
> send to Microsoft for me because it is deleted as soon as I click out of
> the
> dialog and my Norton wizard for recovering lost files doesn't look in the
> right directory. Is it possible to disable the MFC exception handling so
> that
> I can generate a drwtsn32 crash dump? If I can, will Visual Studio 6.0
> read
> it?
>
> I have tried analysing the stack dump in the crash file (a laborious
> process
> using the small scroll window in the report viewer) to find addresses from
> my
> program space, but so far this hasn't led to anything.
>
> Ideally I would like to make the debug configuration detect the access
> violation so that I can investigate but I cannot find any options that
> allow
> me to force the debug version to behave in the same way as the release
> version. Is there such an option (this is obviously related to my main
> question No 1).
>
> Alan

0
AliR3470 (3235)
11/15/2007 5:56:58 PM
"Alan Williams-Key" <AlanWilliamsKey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E04D7A53-A26D-4960-A488-C375E47BF109@microsoft.com...

> Whenever I run the program in debug configuration it runs OK.
>
> I have two main questions:
> 1 How can the program behave so differently in the two configurations? I
> can
> find no explanation of this in the help files.

a) If  there is significant code inside a portion which exists only in the
_DEBUG compilation.   Not just inside a chunk with #ifdef _DEBUG explict,
but also implicitly inside ASSERT and TRACE and so on.

b) The debug version initialises uninitialised variables.    So an
uninitialised variable can have different initial values in the debug and
release versions.    It is definitely worth getting used never to writing

int *p;

but always

int *p = .....

including if necessary
int *p = NULL;

And before you do anything else, try "clean solution" in the project both on
the debug and release versions, delete the .ncb .ilk and .aps files for good
measure, and rebuild both.   It's amazing how often that makes problems go
away!

Dave
--
David Webber
Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor'

dave9996 (486)
11/15/2007 6:05:10 PM
Hi Alan,

> I have two main questions:
> 1 How can the program behave so differently in the two configurations? I can
> find no explanation of this in the help files.

The main thing I run into is that variables are initialized
differently between Debug and Release builds. It is quite frustrating
at times.

> 2 How can I get useful information about the access violation?

I use map files to help find crashes in release builds. The following
article is what originally informed me about the process:

http://www.codeproject.com/debug/mapfile.asp

There's a few other articles on Code Project that discuss release mode
issues:
http://www.codeproject.com/debug/releasemode.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/debug/survivereleasever.asp

Good luck!
- Jim T.

0
jturner22 (3)
11/15/2007 6:13:54 PM
Alan Williams-Key schrieb:

> Whenever I run my program in release configuraiton it always crashes with
> the above error message offering me an option to send a message to Microsoft.
> I have discovered it is an access violation (code 5).
>
> Whenever I run the program in debug configuration it runs OK.

Why don't you run the release version of your applciation in the debugger to see
what happens?

Norbert
0
nunterberg (207)
11/15/2007 6:28:40 PM
I most often find these problems with uninitialized variables on the stack
(local variables) or array indexes.  If you know about where the crash
happens, I'd start by just looking at the code and seeing if there is a
variable you may have used, pointer, index, etc. that wasn't ever
initialized.  You could also use WinDbg with the release version and a .pdb
file to see if you can figure out where it crashes.

Tom

"Alan Williams-Key" <AlanWilliamsKey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E04D7A53-A26D-4960-A488-C375E47BF109@microsoft.com...
> This is driving me nuts.
>
> Whenever I run my program in release configuraiton it always crashes with
> the above error message offering me an option to send a message to
> Microsoft.
> I have discovered it is an access violation (code 5).
>
> Whenever I run the program in debug configuration it runs OK.
>
> I have two main questions:
> 1 How can the program behave so differently in the two configurations? I
> can
> find no explanation of this in the help files.
> 2 How can I get useful information about the access violation?
>
> I cannot save the crash dump produced which the exception handler offers
> send to Microsoft for me because it is deleted as soon as I click out of
> the
> dialog and my Norton wizard for recovering lost files doesn't look in the
> right directory. Is it possible to disable the MFC exception handling so
> that
> I can generate a drwtsn32 crash dump? If I can, will Visual Studio 6.0
> read
> it?
>
> I have tried analysing the stack dump in the crash file (a laborious
> process
> using the small scroll window in the report viewer) to find addresses from
> my
> program space, but so far this hasn't led to anything.
>
> Ideally I would like to make the debug configuration detect the access
> violation so that I can investigate but I cannot find any options that
> allow
> me to force the debug version to behave in the same way as the release
> version. Is there such an option (this is obviously related to my main
> question No 1).
>
> Alan

0
tom.nospam (3240)
11/15/2007 7:08:11 PM
Thanks to everyone who has answered. Lots of useful suggestions and at least
now I have some avenues of investigation.

Alan

"Tom Serface" wrote:

> I most often find these problems with uninitialized variables on the stack
> (local variables) or array indexes.  If you know about where the crash
> happens, I'd start by just looking at the code and seeing if there is a
> variable you may have used, pointer, index, etc. that wasn't ever
> initialized.  You could also use WinDbg with the release version and a .pdb
> file to see if you can figure out where it crashes.
>
> Tom
>
> "Alan Williams-Key" <AlanWilliamsKey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E04D7A53-A26D-4960-A488-C375E47BF109@microsoft.com...
> > This is driving me nuts.
> >
> > Whenever I run my program in release configuraiton it always crashes with
> > the above error message offering me an option to send a message to
> > Microsoft.
> > I have discovered it is an access violation (code 5).
> >
> > Whenever I run the program in debug configuration it runs OK.
> >
> > I have two main questions:
> > 1 How can the program behave so differently in the two configurations? I
> > can
> > find no explanation of this in the help files.
> > 2 How can I get useful information about the access violation?
> >
> > I cannot save the crash dump produced which the exception handler offers
> > send to Microsoft for me because it is deleted as soon as I click out of
> > the
> > dialog and my Norton wizard for recovering lost files doesn't look in the
> > right directory. Is it possible to disable the MFC exception handling so
> > that
> > I can generate a drwtsn32 crash dump? If I can, will Visual Studio 6.0
> > read
> > it?
> >
> > I have tried analysing the stack dump in the crash file (a laborious
> > process
> > using the small scroll window in the report viewer) to find addresses from
> > my
> > program space, but so far this hasn't led to anything.
> >
> > Ideally I would like to make the debug configuration detect the access
> > violation so that I can investigate but I cannot find any options that
> > allow
> > me to force the debug version to behave in the same way as the release
> > version. Is there such an option (this is obviously related to my main
> > question No 1).
> >
> > Alan

See below...
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:38:04 -0800, Alan Williams-Key
<AlanWilliamsKey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is driving me nuts.
>
>Whenever I run my program in release configuraiton it always crashes with
>the above error message offering me an option to send a message to Microsoft.
>I have discovered it is an access violation (code 5).
>
>Whenever I run the program in debug configuration it runs OK.
>
>I have two main questions:
>1 How can the program behave so differently in the two configurations?
****
Actually, this is not at all surprising; in fact, it might even be expected.
*****
> I can
>find no explanation of this in the help files.
****
Explanation of what?  That release is different than debug?
****
>2 How can I get useful information about the access violation?
>
>I cannot save the crash dump produced which the exception handler offers to
>send to Microsoft for me because it is deleted as soon as I click out of the
>dialog and my Norton wizard for recovering lost files doesn't look in the
>right directory. Is it possible to disable the MFC exception handling so that
>I can generate a drwtsn32 crash dump? If I can, will Visual Studio 6.0 read
>it?
****
This has absolutely nothing to do with "MFC exception handling", which is completely
unrelated to the problem.

Run the release version under the debugger!
****

>I have tried analysing the stack dump in the crash file (a laborious process
>using the small scroll window in the report viewer) to find addresses from my
>program space, but so far this hasn't led to anything.
>
>Ideally I would like to make the debug configuration detect the access
>violation so that I can investigate but I cannot find any options that allow
>me to force the debug version to behave in the same way as the release
>version. Is there such an option (this is obviously related to my main
>question No 1).
****
This statement doesn't even make sense.  If the access fault appears only in the release
version, it seems unlikely that it will appear in the debug version.  You don't "make the
debug configuration" detect a bug that doesn't appear in the debug version.

See my essay "surviving the release version", on my MVP Tips site.  Among other things, it
tells how to debug a release version.
				joe
****

>Alan
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
11/16/2007 3:44:07 AM
VS works fine with the release version, too.
				joe

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:08:11 -0800, "Tom Serface" <tom.nospam@camaswood.com> wrote:

>I most often find these problems with uninitialized variables on the stack
>(local variables) or array indexes.  If you know about where the crash
>happens, I'd start by just looking at the code and seeing if there is a
>variable you may have used, pointer, index, etc. that wasn't ever
>initialized.  You could also use WinDbg with the release version and a .pdb
>file to see if you can figure out where it crashes.
>
>Tom
>
>"Alan Williams-Key" <AlanWilliamsKey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>message news:E04D7A53-A26D-4960-A488-C375E47BF109@microsoft.com...
>> This is driving me nuts.
>>
>> Whenever I run my program in release configuraiton it always crashes with
>> the above error message offering me an option to send a message to
>> Microsoft.
>> I have discovered it is an access violation (code 5).
>>
>> Whenever I run the program in debug configuration it runs OK.
>>
>> I have two main questions:
>> 1 How can the program behave so differently in the two configurations? I
>> can
>> find no explanation of this in the help files.
>> 2 How can I get useful information about the access violation?
>>
>> I cannot save the crash dump produced which the exception handler offers
>> send to Microsoft for me because it is deleted as soon as I click out of
>> the
>> dialog and my Norton wizard for recovering lost files doesn't look in the
>> right directory. Is it possible to disable the MFC exception handling so
>> that
>> I can generate a drwtsn32 crash dump? If I can, will Visual Studio 6.0
>> read
>> it?
>>
>> I have tried analysing the stack dump in the crash file (a laborious
>> process
>> using the small scroll window in the report viewer) to find addresses from
>> my
>> program space, but so far this hasn't led to anything.
>>
>> Ideally I would like to make the debug configuration detect the access
>> violation so that I can investigate but I cannot find any options that
>> allow
>> me to force the debug version to behave in the same way as the release
>> version. Is there such an option (this is obviously related to my main
>> question No 1).
>>
>> Alan
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)

What port need to open to do Syncronization for CRM Outlook Offlin
Hi all, I've never try Outlook Offline Mode. Could someone tell or give me some official informationn about how technically the Go Online work? I mean what services it runs, through which port... Thank you. Hi, You can take a look at the below document - that explains quite a bit of how it works. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c14ca8de-a452-4c9e-b4c9-1c0a51974528&displaylang=en -- Regards Steen Schl´┐Żter Persson (DK) "dorekofu" <dorekofu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EC2600D-D1D2-416C-A349-16FF9DAC9377@microsoft....

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

Indentation problem with signatures or stationary
I want to use this gif as my stationary http://www.jkador.com/images/backletter.gif but when I start an email left margin is all the way over to the left instead of over out of the way of the graphic. How can I make an indentation or margin default for my signature. ...

Unicode in MFC
Hi, I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can anyone please help me with that. > I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: > when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my > own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string > but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can > anyone ple...

EMAIL2 configuration problems
Hi I am trying to configre my PocketPC Outlook using the ConfigurationManager.ProcessConfiguration. The provisioning file that I have created is attached for your kind consideration. The mail account gets created but the problem is that I am unable to set the settings for 1. Connect and check messages after every 5 minutes (Given by the Linger) 2. Settings for getting the full message (Given by the Retrieve) Please could someone help me out of this. I have read numerous posts on the net for this, but none seem to help Thanks Regards Madhur XmlDocument configDoc = new XmlDocument...

Problems with Exchange and POP3
Hi, Using exchange 2003. We have some users on it configured to use POP3. We have a 2nd Server setup and configured to do all mail scans(MailMarshal), scanning for viruses, spam,etc before delivering to exchange. Mailmarshal scans and delivers the email to the exchange server but when checking the message tracking on exchange the email doesn't arrive there. We do however have Symantec for Exchange installed on the server but there is nothing in the quarantine area. Check POP logs, Event Viewer, Exchange logs .....umm....well all possible logs. What could have gone wrong? Where ha...

return int value to OS in MFC App
Hi, Everybody. I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... How can i solve this problem? Can Anybody help me with this problem? <flybluewing@bcline.com> wrote in message news:1189386249.923483.59250@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody. > > I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. > > if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. > but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... > How can i solve this problem?...

Address list problems after migration
Hi, I found a recurring problem with my address list each time I migrate my Outlook PST files to a newly-installed PC. Before each reinstall, I will use the "Save My Settings Wizard" to export my settings and then import my mails, calendar and contacts using the Import function in Outlook. After each time this is done, I am able to access my contacts in the Contacts section. But each time I create a new mail and attempt to choose a contact in the "Select Names" window, I get an error that says : "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated...

Formula problems: weekly totals and offset function
Hi everyone, I have two columns of data (A and B) that go on for several thousand rows. This is what my boss calls day to day data and he has asked me to calculate the weekly totals and averages for him. I can do the first one longhand C2=SUM(A2:A8)/SUM(B2:B8) But it's when I do the second and subsequent ones that I have a problem. I could do them all longhand by adding 7 to the A and B references but is there a quicker and more accurate way? I've tried the offset command but this doesn't seem to allow me to do OFFSET(SUM(...)) - can anyone help me out or tell me where I'm...

how to make a stealth application
I would like to create an application that does not appear in the Windows Task manager and system Try or any other means that might detect its existance <mohsen_nouh@yahoo.com> wrote in message I would like to create an application that does not appear in the Windows Task manager --> this article may help you out http://www.codeproject.com/system/preventclose.asp and system Try -->Usually no app show there existence in System Tray ,you have to write code for making App ICON Visible in System Tray. or if you are talking about Window Taskbar :- Create Window with WS_EX_TOOLW...

mfc and IE activeX
I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC application but encountering problems If I built a very simple test dialog-application and drop in the IE it works exactly as expected. However, when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and call the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box itself. It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same problem. I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much ...

Problems With HTML Fragments
Hello - I have created a basic website with each page looking mostly the same - each page has five HTML code fragments on it that link up to different training course options. For simplicity, I copied the HTML text boxes from one page to another since the pages look similar and then edited the links to reflect where each page's links should go. This appeared to work fine until I looked a little closer. Two of the pages are having trouble. On one page, when viewing it live on the web, the five HTML fragments/links look fine, but one of them isn't a hyperlink. I move my mouse o...

transfering values from one dialog to other..help needed
hello, I ahve created a dialog based application.I have inserted a menu in it.Through this menu i pop up 2 modal dialog box.Now suppose user selects a value from combobox in dialogbox1.after i press OK of dialogbox1(whch updates values from ctrls to value variables) the dialog is closed.Now i want that this user selected value is dispalyed in combo box of dialog box 2. I wrote a code for this but it not working.....please somebody guide me... midialogbox1::OnSelendokcombo1()//when changes in combobox occurs CBN_SELENDOK message is called.This is handler for that. { UpdateData(TR...

"Outbox" problems
I have a forwarded email that is "lodged" in the outbox and has jammed up Outlook. No messages can be sent or received. I get the error message that I have performed an "illegal operation" and to close the program - "details" are as follows OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault i module OUTLLIB.DLL at 0177:6e2262b7 Registers EAX=00000000 CS=0177 EIP=6e2262b7 EFLGS=0001024 EBX=0064a254 SS=017f ESP=0062f13c EBP=0062f1f ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=6e0f63e8 FS=0f5 EDX=0062f0fc ES=017f EDI=00000000 GS=000 Bytes at CS:EIP 8b 08 53 50 ff 51 18 50 e8 73 07 e1 ff 57 53 ff St...

Event ID 7002 Warning in Application Log
All: I turned on maximum SMTP logging on the SMTP connector (we only have one) to solve a perplexing problem. Using Exchange on SBS 2003, I have a user that sent a message out to over 600 users. Not surprisingly, there were a few bad email addresses in it. A couple of messages were going to domains that have no MX record. Instead of a hard bounce, however, they linger in a queue. When I clean the queue out, they show up hours later. One address, going to a domain that does have an MX record, generates the following error in the App Log. Again, when I clean that queue out, it rea...

Hey Friends I have installed The Platform SDK now what changes are required in order to port the application created now #2
> Hey Friends I have installed The Platform SDK.I want to mknow that what > changes are required in order to port the application created now. > > is any change is required even if i use MFC as Statically Linked library. > > Are the changes OS Specific ? > > Is there any Setup Builder which encorporates the latest changes > > Pl Help me. > > > What do you mean by porting? If your application was compiling correctly before, you dont need platform SDK. PlatformSDK essentially enhances win32 SDK by providing APIs not found in Win32SDK. If you dont intend...

Publisher 98 clip art problems
Whenever I try to put clip art into my Microsoft Publisher 98 documents, I get: ~a shaded box or ~a note asking me to insert my disk. FYI: I have removed and reinstalled many times. I would rather use Publisher 98, rather than 2002 Are you inserting from the Clip Gallery? The Clip Gallery has its own help files with troubleshooting help. It maybe as simple as re-registering. Find ARTGALRY.EXE, it is in a folder similar to this C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ARTGALRY. Double-click ARTGALRY.EXE. Did you select run all from my computer when you installed? PUB98: Typical Inst...

DLookup problem 05-23-07
I have a control on a form that has as its record source the following DLookup =DLookUp("[txtfirstname]","[tblindividual]","[txtmemnumber]=Forms![frmcomplaint].[txtmemnbr]") Although this seems to work when I look at the form in design mode there is an asterix against the control and the message is Invalid Control Property:Control Source and it also says Circular reference. Anyone tell me what might be wrong? Thanks Tony ...

HELP: Cannot retrieve my Outlook/Outlook Express messages from my Yahoo email account
In the past, I have always been able to use my Yahoo email account to download my emails from my Outlook/Outlook Express POP server. In other words, I could always use Yahoo to access my Outlook email without Outlook at all. Just go into an Internet cafe anywhere in the world and I can access my Outlook emails from the Yahoo email site. But lately, the Yahoo email kept giving an error message: "POP server does not support LAST command. You may only retrieve POP mail from this server using "get all messages". The Yahoo email webpage doesn't seem to allow me to input this ...

Need Help with MFC!!
Hi all, need help esp. with Graphic part. When you right click on any drive on your machine and click properties, you get a tabbed dialog. I want to know how can I embed graphic image (pie chart) into my MFC Dialog? I have written code which displays the Disk Usage right now but don't know how to display that info as a PIE CHART!!!!!! besides what type of MFC Dialog application should I look fwd to build? I want exactly as the DRIVE properties. TIA -- ======== Regards Vai ======== Have you looked at the CDC::Pie method? joe On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:07:11 -0400, "Vai2000"...

Problem Creating Users
Hi All, I create new users under resource but it isnt propagating. I can sign on to that user name but not to the outlook I dont see it in GAL -Exchange 2003 -Not in cached mode -Their are no errors in the even logs I have: manualy updated; dismount/remounted the store Also I noticed under "mailbox rights" all i see is SELF. Usually this selection has a lot more then self and is automatically updated with all the permissions. What is going on with my Active directory/Exchange Server? Thanks Joe The application of permissions to "SELF" is the default behavio...

Dialog Application Error, Pocket PC
I'm getting an error when my Pocket PC application tries to step over the SHInitDialog function below. The error message is "First-chance exception in Dialog.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation." When I click OK, it takes me to the disassembly listed below the basic code: BOOL CDiaglog::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); /* OnInitDialog above calls "dlgcore.cpp" below */ ... } C:\...\Mfc\Src\dlgcore.cpp Ln 761-769 (i.e. "not my code"): ::SetForegroundWindow(m_hWnd); if (!SHInitDialog(&shidi)) /* This is where I get the access violatio...

MFC to Console.
Hello Group. I need to convert the code of WiniNet Async Demo from microsoft samples from MFC to a console function.. Someone can help me with the changes.. The code is posted here Regards /* Microsoft Corporation Copyright 1999-2002 */ /******************************************************************** ProjectName : AsyncDemo Purpose : This sample demonstrates how to submit two WinInet requests, using InternentOpenUrl, asynchronously. Notes : This sample does not handle any authentication. To properly handle authentication, the functions that handle specific protocols (like Ht...

OMA Problem!
Goodmornig at all! I've a problem with OMA 2003... When I type http://serverip/oma the logon popup appear; I write domainname\username and password and appear this: (see the attach....screenshot.jpg) In the domain controller event viewer I've found this error: Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: MSExchangeOMA Categoria evento: (1000) ID evento: 1507 Data: 28/07/2004 Ora: 10.16.07 Utente: N/D Computer: DOMAIN Descrizione: Errore sconosciuto durante l'elaborazione della richiesta corrente: Generata eccezione di tipo Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderExcepti...

Viso + word problem
I have version 2003 of both products. In my word document I include network diagrams with visio. I am experiencing a problem. When I edit with vision the diagram is perfect, but when I go back in word I have some of the items that are not displayed at the right place : so the diagram means nothing. I just wonder what is going on. As far as I know I have the last version of the product. Thanks for your advices. FE ...