MFC-app starting WINDOWS Screensaver window z-order problem

Hi!

I wrote an MFC-app using VC++.NET 2003, which starts a screensaver
using CreateProcess().
It also terminates the screensaver using TerminateProcess() /
CloseHandle().
If the user activates mouse/keyboard before my app terminates the
screensaver-process,
the screensaver terminates itself and the z-order and focus-handling
of open windows somehow gets mixed up. this just happens when I use
CreateProcess(), when I use PostMessage(WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_SCREENSAVE,
0) for the standrad-screen-saver, everything works fine, but I dont
want to use this approach.
maybe the system uses different CreateProcess()-params ???

I am using the follwing CreateProcess() call:

::CreateProcess(NULL, cmdLine, NULL, NULL, TRUE,
NORMAL_PRIORITY_CLASS, NULL, NULL, &m_si, &m_pi);

any idea/help on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated,
thanx in advance!

regards,
Hans

0
hpesata (16)
8/30/2007 4:58:57 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Unable to enter "S" or words starting with "S" in cells
Am working with Excel 2000 (Version 9.0.6926 SP-3) When entering words starting with "s" or just "s", the entry fails and brings up one of several menus. The menus vary depending upon how many keystrokes I have made before realizing the text entry failed. "S" is teh only letter I have found where this problem occurs. If I double click on the cell then enter the word starting wtih "s", then I can enter the text. This is cumbersome and very time consuming. Please advise Do you have the same problem with any other programs? It sounds to me like a...

Start Date/End Date require multiple entries.
I have a query that asks for a start date and end date as parameters. Each time I run this query I have to enter the start date and the end date 4 times before it will run. It is not within a form, just a simple query. Here is the SQL statement: SELECT tbl_sales.[Email Address], tbl_email.[serial number], tbl_sales.[Trans Date] FROM tbl_sales INNER JOIN tbl_email ON tbl_sales.[Email Address] = tbl_email.[client email] WHERE (((tbl_email.[serial number]) Like "123#U*") AND ((tbl_sales.[Trans Date]) Between [StartDate] And [EndDate])); This is Access 2007 and I would RE...

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

starting in Contacts
How can I have OE 2003 start out in Contacts view? Thx. -- Bill No such program. Try again. This is not an OE group. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bill H." <wh@photosourcefolio.com> wrote in message news:u7g1UQAXJHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I have OE 2003 start out in Contacts view? > > Thx. > > -- > Bill > > > Tools, OPtions, Other, Advanced Options, select your startup folder. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper &quo...

EMAIL2 configuration problems
Hi I am trying to configre my PocketPC Outlook using the ConfigurationManager.ProcessConfiguration. The provisioning file that I have created is attached for your kind consideration. The mail account gets created but the problem is that I am unable to set the settings for 1. Connect and check messages after every 5 minutes (Given by the Linger) 2. Settings for getting the full message (Given by the Retrieve) Please could someone help me out of this. I have read numerous posts on the net for this, but none seem to help Thanks Regards Madhur XmlDocument configDoc = new XmlDocument...

return int value to OS in MFC App
Hi, Everybody. I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... How can i solve this problem? Can Anybody help me with this problem? <flybluewing@bcline.com> wrote in message news:1189386249.923483.59250@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody. > > I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. > > if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. > but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... > How can i solve this problem?...

Problems with Exchange and POP3
Hi, Using exchange 2003. We have some users on it configured to use POP3. We have a 2nd Server setup and configured to do all mail scans(MailMarshal), scanning for viruses, spam,etc before delivering to exchange. Mailmarshal scans and delivers the email to the exchange server but when checking the message tracking on exchange the email doesn't arrive there. We do however have Symantec for Exchange installed on the server but there is nothing in the quarantine area. Check POP logs, Event Viewer, Exchange logs .....umm....well all possible logs. What could have gone wrong? Where ha...

Windows 98 .pub file isn't recognized by Windows XP
How do I access a .pub file generated with the Microsoft Publisher in Windows 98 in Windows XP Home Edition? It's not the version of *Windows* that matters - it's the version of *Publisher*. Which version of Publisher is loaded on the system with Win XP Home? And which version of Publisher are you using on the Win 98 system? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "nhwoods" <nhwoods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E4976B9-76AE-4E17-92F1-63F5607A67EB@microsoft.com... > How do I access a .pub file generated with the Microsoft Publisher in ...

custom number- minutes:seconds.hundredths how to hide a leading z
Hi, I'm running up a simple sheet to enter/display times for a sporting event. As such, I have set a custom format of m:ss.00 and can enter a time of 1 (minute) 10 (seconds) 24 (hundredths) to show as 1:10.24 (this parts OK). But if the time is less than a minute, say 55.24 (seconds) I get 0:55.24 which although functional, looks messy. It also requires the person to enter the leading "0:". Is there a way to a)stop the leading "0:" from showing, and b)not require entering the "0:" for times less than a minute? --- pbw For your custom format: [<...

Invoke external app's UI
I'm writing a MFC app (VC++ 6), which needs to invoke an external application's user interface controls. What classes should I be using? E.g. I've Notepad running, from my MFC app, how do I call Notepad's menu item "View | Status Bar". "Charles Tam" <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:79281C8A-01E2-4A8A-9AF6-2C354F102002@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a MFC app (VC++ 6), which needs to invoke an external > application's user interface controls. What classes should I be using? I'm not sure, bu...

Start new year before close last year
Hello, I have start new year and add data ( GL / SOP / POS / IV ) for 2 months in the new year before I close last year. Is that a problem ? Thanks, no, no problem -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Amdawi" wrote: > Hello, > > I have start new year and add data ( GL / SOP / POS / IV ) for 2 > months in the new year before I close last year. > > Is that a problem ? > > Thanks, > > > Tha...

re install windows xp
i reinstalled xp and now my roxio adaptec burner program will not work,,it will hardly open and is very slow,,,like 5 min to open a mp3,,,help Your best bet is to post in a Windows newsgroup. This newsgroup deals with questions about Microsoft Excel. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jjoks" <jjoks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31CB14F4-3988-4615-9E42-28CBDB977666@microsoft.com... >i reinstalled xp and now my roxio adaptec burner program will >not work,,it > will hardly open a...

Unicode in MFC
Hi, I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can anyone please help me with that. > I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: > when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my > own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string > but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can > anyone ple...

Indentation problem with signatures or stationary
I want to use this gif as my stationary http://www.jkador.com/images/backletter.gif but when I start an email left margin is all the way over to the left instead of over out of the way of the graphic. How can I make an indentation or margin default for my signature. ...

Pop-up Window #2
Whenever Outlook (2003) opens---either manually or at automatically---a pop up message box appears with the words C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]/Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\C:\Program Files MICROS`2\OFFICE11\Addins\outbac.dll" is not a valid Office Add-in. with an OK button it that makes it disappear when I click it. I'm not 100% sure what this message relates to or what I did to make Outlook think it needed to show me it all the time, but if someone can help me with settings or some other method to prevent it from appearing then I would be most appreciative. Kindest ...

Unable to start Processing services.
this is a pIII with microsoft xp+sp2 and office xp+sp3. whenever i start Ms outlook, a windows pop up saying: "<B>unable to start processing services. could not open the item. try again.</B>" what is that and how can i solve it. appreciate your quick reply. Do you have any add-ins loaded? Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, Add-In Manager and Com Add-Ins. See what's loaded and post back. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beg...

Windows live 06-17-10
I am sending emails from my work to home and the messages are bouncing back saying the inbox is full, even if there is a couple of emails in the inbox. any assistance would be great! The full Inbox messages is coming from your email server. Alt + T, Accounts, highlight the account, Properties, Advanced tab, ... Change the Delivery settings to leave copies so many days or uncheck Leave a copy. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Zoib" <Zoib@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58EC1A4-0ABA-479D-9218-AE4EF22AF20A@microsoft.com... > I am s...

problem with CFtpConnection
Hello I have a little problem with class CFtpConnection. I create internet session, then from it ftp connection (as described in msdn). ... ok - when is ftp connection establishing, program creates new 3 threads. But when i close and delete the FtpConnection and InternetSession the three threads are not terminated and remain in the process. (Now when i connect and disconnect again, there are again only the same 3 threads that there were before) Could anyone help me? I'd like to keep the aplication same as before connecting ... (or are it some working threads from loaded modules?) the...

Item Inquiry Window
V9, service pack 2. I am looking at the Item Inquiry window, the on order quantity has a drill back feature that usually has a quantity in it. When we drill back on it we see the PO lines from the Purchase Order Processing Item Inquiry window. However some of our items have a zero for the on order quantity and some have an actual quantity in this field. The items with the zero for the on order, if we drill back on it, we see the PO lines and quantities. Has anyone else seen this happen? any reason why some items would show zero, but quantities if you drill back? thanks! -- Doug ...

make any app on a PC?
I am wondering how to make an app portable on PC? I know about PortableApps.com. I am actually asking how to make on by myself? For $10,000 I will teach you. "Rex2010" <Rex2010.4e58il@no.email.invalid> wrote in message news:Rex2010.4e58il@no.email.invalid... : : I am wondering how to make an app portable on PC? : : I know about PortableApps.com. I am actually asking how to make on by : myself? : : Define what you mean??? You want your app to be able to be installed on every OS? You want your app to be installed on Apple computers? You want y...

Excel 2007 file locked by 'another user' on windows 2008 share
I'm sharing Excel and word 2007 files on a SBS2008 server. Alle computers are windows XP with Office 2007 installed. When the users open an excel document they sometimes get File is locked by 'another user'. Disabled & removed antivirus software on server & client but that didn't resolve the issue. When i move the excel file to a Windows Server 2003 share and let the users open the file there they also get the message File is locked by 'username'. But now it mentions the username and not 'by another user', so i guess it has something todo...

catching message of child window
Hello, I've created a MFC window inheriting of CPropertyPage. In it, I've created some CCcombobox window. I looking for a way to catch CBN_SELCHANGE message of CCcombobox window IN the previous window, WITHOUT creating a class which inherite of CCcombobox. I know the simplest way is to create a class which inherite of CCcombobox but I was wondering if there was a way to do it without creating new class. Regards, William What's a previous window??? You don't have to inherit from a CComboBox to catch the CBN_SELCHANGE message. All you have to do is set a ON_CBN_SELCH...

No Sound on Windows Vista
I have had this PC for about 18 months. I just recently installed a HP wireless printer. I noticed just after the intsall that I had no sound. I don't know if the two are realted or coincidence. I have the Vista auto updates turned on so I should have the latest updated Vista files. I think its also the latest version -11- of WMP as well (I'm at work and can't check the version on my home PC now). Everything is as it should be, but no sound. Video is unchanged. The volume control shows activity, I have checked every place I can think of to see if something is mut...

Problems With HTML Fragments
Hello - I have created a basic website with each page looking mostly the same - each page has five HTML code fragments on it that link up to different training course options. For simplicity, I copied the HTML text boxes from one page to another since the pages look similar and then edited the links to reflect where each page's links should go. This appeared to work fine until I looked a little closer. Two of the pages are having trouble. On one page, when viewing it live on the web, the five HTML fragments/links look fine, but one of them isn't a hyperlink. I move my mouse o...

mfc and IE activeX
I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC application but encountering problems If I built a very simple test dialog-application and drop in the IE it works exactly as expected. However, when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and call the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box itself. It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same problem. I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much ...