mfc and IE activeX

I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC application
but encountering problems

If I built a very simple test dialog-application  and drop in the IE it
works exactly as expected.

However,  when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and call
the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box itself.

It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also
tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same
problem.

I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much
appreciated

Phil

0
phil971 (24)
11/4/2006 10:17:14 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I found the solution

::OleInitialize(NULL);
 AfxEnableControlContainer();
 CCalDlg dlg;
dlg.DoModal();
 ::OleUninitialize();

Thanks

"phil" <phil@oakleafsoftware.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC
> application but encountering problems
>
> If I built a very simple test dialog-application  and drop in the IE it
> works exactly as expected.
>
> However,  when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and
> call the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box
> itself.
>
> It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also
> tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same
> problem.
>
> I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much
> appreciated
>
> Phil

0
phil971 (24)

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

Unicode in MFC
Hi, I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can anyone please help me with that. > I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: > when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my > own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string > but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can > anyone ple...

return int value to OS in MFC App
Hi, Everybody. I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... How can i solve this problem? Can Anybody help me with this problem? <flybluewing@bcline.com> wrote in message news:1189386249.923483.59250@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody. > > I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. > > if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. > but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... > How can i solve this problem?...

mfc and IE activeX
I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC application but encountering problems If I built a very simple test dialog-application and drop in the IE it works exactly as expected. However, when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and call the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box itself. It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same problem. I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much ...

ActiveX Error in Business Portal
I have just installed Business Portal and when I access the Home page from a Terminal Server client, I receive the following message on a dialog box: An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to Interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction? Yes or No After replying yes, the page loads and functions fine. I have tried changing the Zone Settings under Tools >> Internet Options >> Security Internet and Intranet Zones and I can't seen to get rid of this dialog box. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Mark Nabors Is t...

ActiveX Socket
I am developing an activex control with a TCP/IP socket. The activex control is written using vc++/mfc and the socket part is using CAsyncSocket class support of MFC. I am unable to connect to a server as I get WSAStartup not called 10093 error code. This is due to the activex test container supporting the control having a different process boundary. The proposed solution seems (and please correct me if I am wrong) to spawn a new thread from the activex control using afxbeginthread and make a connection to the server from this thread. Any comments on whether this will really work ? "High...

Need Help with MFC!!
Hi all, need help esp. with Graphic part. When you right click on any drive on your machine and click properties, you get a tabbed dialog. I want to know how can I embed graphic image (pie chart) into my MFC Dialog? I have written code which displays the Disk Usage right now but don't know how to display that info as a PIE CHART!!!!!! besides what type of MFC Dialog application should I look fwd to build? I want exactly as the DRIVE properties. TIA -- ======== Regards Vai ======== Have you looked at the CDC::Pie method? joe On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:07:11 -0400, "Vai2000"...

MFC to Console.
Hello Group. I need to convert the code of WiniNet Async Demo from microsoft samples from MFC to a console function.. Someone can help me with the changes.. The code is posted here Regards /* Microsoft Corporation Copyright 1999-2002 */ /******************************************************************** ProjectName : AsyncDemo Purpose : This sample demonstrates how to submit two WinInet requests, using InternentOpenUrl, asynchronously. Notes : This sample does not handle any authentication. To properly handle authentication, the functions that handle specific protocols (like Ht...

IE Crashes when trying to change properties on Lead Form
When I try to change the properties on the Lead Form (specifically on Lead Source) IE closes with the dialoge box asking if I want to send information to Microsoft. Is there a setting that I need to change before I am able to customize fields on a form? Thanks, Hi, This seems to be a bit of a wierd problem. What version of IE are you using? Have you tried to do this from a different PC? To me it seems IE is having some troubles. You should be able to modify the forms without any wierd settings. You could also try to lower your security settings (making sure ActiveX and scripting is...

XML and MFC
Hello guys, What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation anywhere, please post me a link to it. Thank you in advance! :-) Yea, I wanna know it too. Who would give a hand? > What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to > integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation > anywhere, please post me a link to it. After digging left and right, I remained with two main options: - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:...

Sending Window Messages from an MFC app to a Windows Firm tray application
Hello, I have an MFC MDI application and a Windows Forms (2.0) Tray Icon application. I want to run a command on the tray application via my MFC application. There is a "Register" context menu command on the tray icon application. I want to call the Register command from my MFC MDI application. I thought of a windows message. How do I do it? Is there any other better mechanism to do so? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. If you know the class of the window on the tray application you can use FindWindow() to get the window for the class. Then you can use either PostMessage() or SendMessag...

dynamically managing of layout in MFC + GridBagLayout in MFC or C++
Hi, can anybody tell me how can I make or find a function in MFC to manage layout of a dialog that dynamically has been create and also the controls in the dialog? I am new in MFC, what I am lokking for is something like GridBagLayout in java? is there something like this in C++ MFC ? any idea plz? Thank u There is nothing like GridBagLayout in MFC. However, you can achieve the same functionality thru various means. You have to move the controls manually on resize of the dialog or window. Please see the following examples: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/easysize.asp http://www.codepr...

Console output from MFC dialog based app
Dear All, I have developed a MFC dialog based application. Now when I execute this app from command prompt, I need to write some text back to console. In console application we achieve this using functions like printf(), puts(), etc. Please let me know how do I achieve same in dialog based application since printf() and other functions are not working here. Thanks, Ajay You can't write to the same console window that you were ran from, but you can create a console window and write to that. Take a look at AllocConsole, ReadConsole, and WriteConsole. Here is an example: http://www....

Reporting back crashes in MFC-based products
Hello, We have a product written in MFC using Visual Studio 7.1. We are now planning to implement a feature that will detect a crash and report to us the cause of the crash and other meaningful information. The plan is to provide something similar to Window's error reporting tool. I found a 3rd party tool for Delphi that instruments the source code. When the program crashes, it provides information like the name of the function, module etc.. Is there something similar that I can use with MFC? The other option is to use MFC's Structured Exception Handling and try to get a memory dump...

Access and MFC
I would like to use some MFC capabilities from within Access. In PDC05/PRS313, Nick Kramer gave examples of using HWND's to create mixed Win32/Windows Presentation Foundation applications. I remember reading recently somewhere that Microsoft has released the MFC for general use. Can anyone provide information about (or even verify) the MFC release? Thanks, James A. Fortune CDMAPoster@FortuneJames.com MPAPoster@FortuneJames.com Microsoft Cabinet SDK: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms974336.aspx ...

bug of MFC ActiveX Control?
i create a default MFC activex control by wizard, i just check the windowlessActivate option, because i want to create a transparent control. but when i use the control in vb, the form_keydown event will be triger twice. i recompile the control after comment the follow line: dwFlags |= windowlessActivate; all things is ok. can someone confirm this "bug"? -- ף���ˣ� Maybe my english is so poor? Or something else? "sPhinX" <s5689412@163.com> д���ʼ� news:eQ$NrxkcFHA.4040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > i create a default MFC activex control by wizard, > i just ch...

Static variables initialization problem with MFC DLL
Hi, I have the following code, working well in my MFC app, where a static member variable is initialized with the result of a static method, as this : int MyClass::anInt = MyClass::InitTheInt(); The problem is when this code is used in a DLL -using MFC in a shared DLL-, the initialization is simply ignored !!!! What's going on? Thx. Herbert wrote: >Hi, > >I have the following code, working well in my MFC app, where a >static member variable is initialized with the result of a static >method, as this : > > int MyClass::anInt = MyClass::InitTheInt(); &g...

Formatting Excell doc from within MFC app
Hello. I'm developing an application using MFC - VC++ 6.0 I'm wondering if there is an ActiveX control or other component that would make possible to make simple editing and formatting MS EXCELL doc from rithin application. The operations i would like to perform: - opening .xls file - inserting values into cells and simple formatting the cells (alliginig,, etc) - save the file - printing and displaying (not necessary) Thank You all for any help Sincerelly, magic ...

MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. HELP
This is driving me nuts. Whenever I run my program in release configuraiton it always crashes with the above error message offering me an option to send a message to Microsoft. I have discovered it is an access violation (code 5). Whenever I run the program in debug configuration it runs OK. I have two main questions: 1 How can the program behave so differently in the two configurations? I can find no explanation of this in the help files. 2 How can I get useful information about the access violation? I cannot save the crash dump produced which the exception handler offers to send to ...

Is GDI+ Integrate with MFC?
Apparently, GDI+ is not intended to be used with MFC as GDI is. Is GDI+ a more stand-alone technology? Granted it can be used in MFC apps but the MFC classes do not seem to wrap GDI+. Is it resonable to use GDI+ without MFC at all? Thank You It's just another API. Why wouldn't it be reasonable to use without MFC? joe On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:54:49 -0800, Coder <Coder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Apparently, GDI+ is not intended to be used with MFC as GDI is. Is GDI+ a >more stand-alone technology? Granted it can be used in MFC apps but the MFC >classes...

Regular MFC dll
I created an MFC regular dll with MFC statically linked using MFC Appwizard(dll) and then I compiled the code generated by the AppWizard without adding any code. I got the these compile errors Compiling resources... Compiling... StdAfx.cpp c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\shobjidl.h(9419) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IXMLDOMDocument' c:\program files\microsoft sdk\include\shobjidl.h(9528) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IXMLDOMDocument' Error executing cl.exe. How can I reomve these error. Thanks ...

Well not exactly MFC....though I am using it in MFC :)
Okay actually I am trying to write a DLL which my MFC dialog imports, but for some reason I cannot get something really simple done. Basically all I want to be able to do is copy a string that is given to a function, and then return it to the user unchanged (as within my program I modified the two strings which are given as parameters). What is weird is simply that I CANNOT delete a char * which I created using NEW??? Here is what I am trying to do.... I have char * tempString; //define in my .h file for the DLL. in the method void ChangeString(char * a, char * b) { tempString = ne...

How to insert a MFC Dialog in a DLL ?
I want to cerate a static DLL. In this DLL I want insert a MFC Dialog. I have made with the MSVisual C++ MFC AppWizard(dll) a DLL . I insert a test function in the DLL. With an other Progarmm I testet the test function the DLL . It works. Now I try insert a MCF- Dialog in the DLL but without success. Two days I was trying but no change. Knows everyone a sample or a link in the web. Thanks A beginner Daniel Daniel, If it is indeed the case that you have successfully created and called a DLL, you are close to your target. You want to check AFX_MANAGE_STATE. If you look t...

Quest: Creating an ActiveX control with a panel of common controls...
I want to make a panel with some Windows Controls on it using ActiveX w/ full MFC or ATL support. I been looking thur app templete all day and cant find a start project for this. Now I know how a standard modeless dialog with its titlebar and border styles turned off make to the panel but I am having trouble creating the actual ActiveX project that host the panel. How do I create the project and use it in another like an MFC exe dlg app... I am using VS.Net Pro 2002 so what is the best way to get started here... Any help... ...

Monitor MFC Executable
I have an application that runs 24 hours a day. The problem I have is that it is crashing at random times, e.g 18 hours of usage, 44 hours of usage etc and when it crashes it leaves no message/error box/information. When I start my application, I kill explorer so that the desktop cannot be accessed. Could this be causing the crash in some way? The first time I have started my app by using the debug exe, which reported an error in the event viewer as shown below:- " The Instruction at "0x6dee 14ba" referenced memory at "0x025b8348". The memory could not be &quo...