MFC #3

What will be the best book to read the VC++ MFC in depth?
0
anonymous (74732)
10/28/2003 10:23:37 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Programming Windows with MFC" by Jeff Prosise is pretty good.  It is
published by Microsoft Press w/ ISBN:1572316950

"HariKaran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What will be the best book to read the VC++ MFC in depth?

0
tbalcom1 (29)
10/28/2003 2:04:21 PM
MFC Internals

"HariKaran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What will be the best book to read the VC++ MFC in depth?

0
news8666 (15)

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

how to make a 3 fold brochure and cant find out how?
I have looked everywhere, and tried to change the page several different ways. Can anyone help me? Send me an e-mail and I'll attach a three fold brochure to a reply. It will be in Publisher 2000 format but should be workable for you. I'm at; dschmidt AT pacifier DOT com Mention the brochure. -- Don Vancouver, USA "britmaniee" <britmaniee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9F80011-C4B7-4C0C-A130-4C14DD7F6698@microsoft.com... >I have looked everywhere, and tried to change the page several different > ways. Can anyone help me? Help he...

Unicode in MFC
Hi, I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can anyone please help me with that. > I am new to MFC programming and I have a problem: > when I try to write the caption of a button or something else in my > own language(Farsi), in the design mode it shows the correct string > but when I compile it it shows a '?' instead of every character. Can > anyone ple...

return int value to OS in MFC App
Hi, Everybody. I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... How can i solve this problem? Can Anybody help me with this problem? <flybluewing@bcline.com> wrote in message news:1189386249.923483.59250@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com... > Hi, Everybody. > > I have to make A MFC app to return int value to Operatiing System.. > > if i could use WinMain() function, this is not matter. > but MFC does not reveal WinMain().... > How can i solve this problem?...

CSplitterWnd #3
Hello, I hope someone can fix my problem. I create with two CSplitterWnd in CMainFrame something like this : oooooooooooooooo o o o o o o o o o o oooooooooo o o o o oooooooooooooooo My code is the following for OnCreateClient BOOL CMainFrame::OnCreateClient(LPCREATESTRUCT /*lpcs*/, CCreateContext* pContext) { if ( ! m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this,1,3) || ! m_wndSplitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CExamen2View),CSize(75,0),pContex t) || ! m_wndSplitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CMiddelView),CSize(150,0),pCon...

Email Hosting #3
Hi, Can anyone tell me or diretct me to a website the explains how to host my own email with exchange server 2003? I am currently useing an external hosting service with a pop3 connecter. It dosn't work very well. I am not getting all my email for some of the users on the internal domain. Thank you in advance, Alma This is a good place to start: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp.htm There are related pages at this site which might be useful to you. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Alma" <Alma@discussions....

mfc and IE activeX
I'm using VS 2003 and trying to use Internet Explorer in my MFC application but encountering problems If I built a very simple test dialog-application and drop in the IE it works exactly as expected. However, when I create a similar dialog box in my MFC application and call the ...DoModal() nothing appears at all - not even the dialog box itself. It's as if my application does not want to use ActiveX components - I also tried a couple of other Microsoft ActiveX controls and they have the same problem. I must be missing something obvious - any one with any ideas will be much ...

grid lines #3
My Excel spreadsheets have a white background, black text and grey grid lines. If I change the background color of a few cells to highlight some data, then change it back to white, the grid lines disappear. Using FORMAT, CELLS, BORDERS, INSIDE seems to draw lines, not restore grid lines. Is there a way to restore the grid lines? Instead of white, change the cells back to "No Color". In article <c83301c438eb$e2891080$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "David McColloch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My Excel spreadsheets have a white background, ...

Outlook PST #3
I have a user that has a PST file 900mb's and it will not expand open in the folder list, it causes the Outlook to stop responding when I try to do anything with it. I have ran the Scanpst.exe no errors found. HELP!!! ...

MSCRM 3
Hi My company is looking at installing MSCRM 3. They want to use SQL Server 2000 as the backend. I think SQL Server 2005 is the way to go, but I need some convincing reasons why. Can some one list me some advantages of going with SQL Server 2005 that related directly to CRM. Much regards Tom Advantages specific to CRM? Hmm, let me see. 1. Improved performance (I haven't experienced it myself yet, but I guess/hope that SQL 2005 has better performance than SQL 2000). Ok, it's not specific to CRM, but it is relevant. 2. Maybe the improved SQL Server Reporting Services 2005. This has ...

Search #3
Why does Outlook 2003 automatically switch to seach mode within about five seconds after selecting one of the other folders (i.e., Contacts, Tasks, Calendar or Notes)? Pop-ups are also displayed above the search field as well and would like to remove this from Outlook. (After all it is my computer and I do not want to share with unwanted soliciters). This does not happen on any of my installations. Please be more specific with when and how this happens - detail the steps to reproduce the situation as I am unable to do so based on your post. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

Need Help with MFC!!
Hi all, need help esp. with Graphic part. When you right click on any drive on your machine and click properties, you get a tabbed dialog. I want to know how can I embed graphic image (pie chart) into my MFC Dialog? I have written code which displays the Disk Usage right now but don't know how to display that info as a PIE CHART!!!!!! besides what type of MFC Dialog application should I look fwd to build? I want exactly as the DRIVE properties. TIA -- ======== Regards Vai ======== Have you looked at the CDC::Pie method? joe On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:07:11 -0400, "Vai2000"...

change the year in a list of dates ex 1/3/2003 to 1/3/2004
I have a list of dates, all in the year 2003 1/3/2003, and 5/17/2003, I want to change just the year to 1/3/2004 and 5/15/2004 in the whole list. How do I do that? say the dates you have now are in col A in a new column, type =a1+365 and copy down then do a /copy/special/values on the new column so it becomes static and no longer refers to col A... then delete col A and move teh new column to Col a work on a copy of your file to make sure I have it right... "Elaine" <Elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57252856-7A95-4C46-8B96-10E4D127EAB9@microsof...

MFC to Console.
Hello Group. I need to convert the code of WiniNet Async Demo from microsoft samples from MFC to a console function.. Someone can help me with the changes.. The code is posted here Regards /* Microsoft Corporation Copyright 1999-2002 */ /******************************************************************** ProjectName : AsyncDemo Purpose : This sample demonstrates how to submit two WinInet requests, using InternentOpenUrl, asynchronously. Notes : This sample does not handle any authentication. To properly handle authentication, the functions that handle specific protocols (like Ht...

Item Movement Report #3
I use the item movement report to keep track of slow moving items, I'd like the report to show if there is actual inventory in stock.....anyone know how I'd do this? Thanks Marwat. ...

What happened to Sales Quota Reporting in 3.0?
What came of the sales quotas reports in 3.0? I know Microsoft pared down the reporting for the new release, but without reports, the sales quotas don't have much relevent use. Is there any consideration being made to convert 1.2 reports to 3.0 reporting service reports? Hi Luke, You are right that we do not currently have any reports on quota in v3. This is on our list of features for the next version. Thanks, Wan Li ---- Wan Li Zhu Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics CRM http://www.microsoft.com/crm "Luke" wrote: > What came of the sales quotas reports in 3.0? ...

XML and MFC
Hello guys, What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation anywhere, please post me a link to it. Thank you in advance! :-) Yea, I wanna know it too. Who would give a hand? > What source of knowledge would you point me to if you were about to > integrate XML with MFC? Of course if there's any Microsoft documentation > anywhere, please post me a link to it. After digging left and right, I remained with two main options: - MSXML - MS, proprietary, COM, with all the implications:...

Sending Window Messages from an MFC app to a Windows Firm tray application
Hello, I have an MFC MDI application and a Windows Forms (2.0) Tray Icon application. I want to run a command on the tray application via my MFC application. There is a "Register" context menu command on the tray icon application. I want to call the Register command from my MFC MDI application. I thought of a windows message. How do I do it? Is there any other better mechanism to do so? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. If you know the class of the window on the tray application you can use FindWindow() to get the window for the class. Then you can use either PostMessage() or SendMessag...

dynamically managing of layout in MFC + GridBagLayout in MFC or C++
Hi, can anybody tell me how can I make or find a function in MFC to manage layout of a dialog that dynamically has been create and also the controls in the dialog? I am new in MFC, what I am lokking for is something like GridBagLayout in java? is there something like this in C++ MFC ? any idea plz? Thank u There is nothing like GridBagLayout in MFC. However, you can achieve the same functionality thru various means. You have to move the controls manually on resize of the dialog or window. Please see the following examples: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/easysize.asp http://www.codepr...

Format Cells #3
I have a user that has an issue with cells that he fomrats with a background color. When user tries to create or open an exisiting spreadsheet with cells that is formatted with a background color it appears white. If user does a print preview or prints the document the color is there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office XP as well as run a repair and this did not resolve issue. Interestingly I can log into his PC and view the same local document and the color appears. User is on Windows 2000 with Office XP installed. Any ideas/suggestions would be great. Thanks! The lack of res...

Console output from MFC dialog based app
Dear All, I have developed a MFC dialog based application. Now when I execute this app from command prompt, I need to write some text back to console. In console application we achieve this using functions like printf(), puts(), etc. Please let me know how do I achieve same in dialog based application since printf() and other functions are not working here. Thanks, Ajay You can't write to the same console window that you were ran from, but you can create a console window and write to that. Take a look at AllocConsole, ReadConsole, and WriteConsole. Here is an example: http://www....

SUMIF only it has 3 ceretain texts in the same row #5

Database Version #3
Is the Store Operations Database Version the same as the RMS Version? When I use Store Operations Administrator to perform a Update Database, it responds with database is up to date. Database version 1.2 I am using RMS V1.3 Is there a future problem I don't know about? You don't need to worry about updating your database, that was there for when customers where running previous versions of RMS prior to 1.2. That is why it is saying you are up to date. There are know future problems you need to worry about, in this regards. Rob "R & R" <RR@discussions.microsoft.c...

Reporting back crashes in MFC-based products
Hello, We have a product written in MFC using Visual Studio 7.1. We are now planning to implement a feature that will detect a crash and report to us the cause of the crash and other meaningful information. The plan is to provide something similar to Window's error reporting tool. I found a 3rd party tool for Delphi that instruments the source code. When the program crashes, it provides information like the name of the function, module etc.. Is there something similar that I can use with MFC? The other option is to use MFC's Structured Exception Handling and try to get a memory dump...

cell color #3
In Excel, Is there a function to automatically change the color of a cell based on the value of a cell (the same cell or another cell)? Ex: If A1 = "yes", fill A4 with RED, if A1 ="no", fill A4 with WHITE. I am using Excel 2003. Hi have a look at conditional formatting under the format menu item e.g. Click on cell A1 cell value is equal to "yes" click on the format button set the format press OK click on ADD in the new box that appears cell value is equal to "no" click on the format button set the format press OK twice. Cheers JulieD "BobMS...