MessageBox buttons

Hello,
Is this possible to change language of buttons caption for :MessageBox,
or AfxMessageBox() funtions?
or I need to write customized dlg box?
thanks

0
alladyn (21)
9/6/2005 8:40:35 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think the language is based on the version of the OS or MFC installed.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfcnotes_tn056.asp
http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/introtolocalization.asp

Tom

"alladyn" <alladyn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Is this possible to change language of buttons caption for :MessageBox,
> or AfxMessageBox() funtions?
> or I need to write customized dlg box?
> thanks

0
tserface (3860)
9/6/2005 8:48:27 PM
    MessageBoxEx() has a LanguageId parameter. See if it works.

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"alladyn" <alladyn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Is this possible to change language of buttons caption for :MessageBox,
> or AfxMessageBox() funtions?
> or I need to write customized dlg box?
> thanks

0
CheckAbdoul
9/6/2005 10:45:33 PM
    Ignore my earlier post. The documentation says "Currently MessageBoxEx
and MessageBox works the same way.".

--
Cheers
Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]

"alladyn" <alladyn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Is this possible to change language of buttons caption for :MessageBox,
> or AfxMessageBox() funtions?
> or I need to write customized dlg box?
> thanks

0
CheckAbdoul
9/6/2005 10:58:42 PM
Thanks, guys,
yes it takes system language.

"CheckAbdoul" <checkabdoul at mvps dot org> wrote in message
>    Ignore my earlier post. The documentation says "Currently MessageBoxEx
> and MessageBox works the same way.".
>
> --
> Cheers
> Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP]
> -----------------------------------
>
> "alladyn" <alladyn@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> Is this possible to change language of buttons caption for :MessageBox,
>> or AfxMessageBox() funtions?
>> or I need to write customized dlg box?
>> thanks

0
aaron1709 (17)
9/11/2005 12:28:26 AM
> Thanks, guys,
> yes it takes system language.
The only way: install a hook, and when the dialog is created, load the button
translation from resources and change the text of the buttons.
If this is not enough, I have some old code somewhere doing this, I will look
for it and post it. And I think I have seen something similar on CodeProject.

--
Mihai Nita [Microsoft MVP, Windows - SDK]

add button
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to add a button to the contact form and how to add code to it, so it executes another program when pressed? Thanks Hi, you can add a button to the contact Form. Therefore open the isv.config in the "_Ressources" folder in your CRM-Folder. You must set the value "ISVIntegrationEnabled" in the web.config to "on". In the isv.config you can add buttons that open other websites in CRM. You'll have to write a webproject for example, which executes your code. best regards, Marc "mv" <verhaert@gmail.com> schrieb i...

New implementation
Hi - I just implemented CRM 3.0 on a Windows 2003 server and think I'm doing something stupid or haven't configured something. I've followed the Microsoft Implementation Guide and done the reinstall a couple of times, but still cannot see the 'Sales' or 'Marketing' buttons on the bottom left of the screen. I've done no customizations at all or added any users, just loaded http://servername after the CRM install is complete and the server is rebooted. The other CRM machine we have here has the bottons for the users but I'm not sure what configuratio...

Code on button how?
I want the following code attach to a commandbutton. Sub Rij_Invoegen() ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).EntireRow.Insert End Sub I wont get it working. I want to insert a row under the row i select. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ If you use a commandbutton (a commandbutton is from the control toolbox toolbar), just double click on it and you'll see where the code goes. You'll just copy|paste that single line--it'll already have the name of the sub and the End sub line. If you used a button from the Forms toolbar, you could put your cod...

OnIdle Processing only starts if I show a messagebox???
Hi newsgroup, me (@KMA: the Grasshopper) has done the way you told me, I haven't moved my BBQ around my patio until it's gone cold, and I used a worker thread to update my window. While it serves me well, it hasn't relieved me of my problem (which is that the tool bar won't update. Bitch!) I also tried the hard way, calling pApp->OnIdle (-1), but even this doesn't trigger the OnUpdate handlers. But when I show a messagebox, the idle processing starts, and all works just fine. My app works with a lot of COM servers, but that should prevent it from idle processing. Al...

MessageBox
Why does MessageBox work in some applications, but not in others? When MessageBox won't work I use AfxMessageBox. Why? Also, if I want to use a function (such as MessageBox) to display an int i value for debugging, how can I modify the code below to do this? I suspect I might need to add a #include for a string conversion? int i=8; MessageBox (" i = " ); Or, how do developers display variable values? "Phisherman" <noone@nobody.com> wrote in message news:af6pk2ll3tp0ie7vk2p0ppunshilp25n01@4ax.com... > Why does MessageBox work in some applications, bu...

Same error
I had this problem on a different laptop two weeks ago. No one came up with a solution. I bought a new laptop yesterday. Now that I have installed software, I get the same problem. OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition. HP DV9000 (purchased yesterday) Office Professional 2003. Laptop came with Office 2003 Standard Trial. Uninstalled and cleaned out MS Office Directory in Program Files. Install Fresh Office Pro 2003. Install all service packs and updates. Launch Outlook. Set up email accounts. 3 HTTP, 4 POP accounts. Send/Receive Button Quit working at this point. Unable to when in Add/Chan...

Grayed out button
How do I gray out a button until I am ready for it and then activate it? Ron H. x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD "Ron H" <rharshbarger@mmm.com> wrote in message news:42e66b0e_8@Output.100ProofNews.com... > How do I gray out a button until I am ready for it and then activate it? Try EnableWindow. -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] What sort of button is it? Is it a toolbar button or some button on a dialog? --------- Aj...

Customization of action buttons.
Fairly new to Powerpoint, but have mangaed to put together a small slide show which will be run interactively on a kiosk. The only task I haven't been able to accomplish is I want to be able to install an action button that will return the viewer to the last slide viewed MINUS 1. In other words the slide before the last slide viewed. Example: Let's say I have 5 slides. The viewer views slide#1 and clicks an action button which takes him to slide #3. From slide #3 the viewer clicks another action button taking them to slide #5. On slide #5 I would like there to be an actio...

Insert buttons
Is there and "insert row" and "insert column" in this Excel 2003? In the help search it says to "click Insert on the shortcut menu" I cannot find the button they are talking about. Thanks right click on your menu bar>customize>commands>insert>>>>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Pam Grady" <Pam Grady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9701BEC4-682E-430B-A0CB-70C7DA051102@microsoft.com... > Is there and "insert row" and "insert column" in this Excel ...

Recalculate Opportunity Button
Forgive me for being forgetfull, but does clicking the "Recalculate" button on an Opportunity trigger the OnLoad event? Hi MD, I dont think so but why dont you confirm it and let us know also:) Add following line in onLoad of form and then test it. alert("onLoad executed."); -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "MD" wrote: > Forgive me for being forgetfull, but does clicking the "Recalcul...

Customize Outlook Today Button Does Not Work #2
Customize Outlook Today Button Does Not Work. No matter what I do (repair, reinstall), nothing seems to make this button work. And I've seen it work before on other installations. Running under XP with all the latest updates. Please help!! Dear Joseph, which Outlook version? Maybe this site will help for Outlook 2000: OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Notebook Synchronisation ...

What could cause ::MessageBox to fail?
I've found a very weird MFC glitch, and I'm wondering if anyone can cast any light on it. Repro: VS.Net 2003; start new MFC project, make it a dialog app. Add a handler to OnOK(): void CexittestDlg::OnBnClickedOk() { ::MessageBox(0, "foo", "bar", MB_OK); // works DestroyWindow(); // yes, I know this is bad, bear with me int rv = ::MessageBox(0, "foo", "bar", MB_OK); // doesn't int err = GetLastError(); } Now, here's the weird thing -- the first call to ::MessageBox works fine. The second one doesn&#...

Tab control with a close (x) button at the end
Hi, This is in continuation of a previous post of mine in which I was looking for a way to have a close button in each tab. Since I haven't got any leads on that, I'm thinking of another approach which might be easier to implement. As in the Visual Studio .NET IDE, when multiple windows are opened, the close (x) button at the end of the tab control gets enabled. Clicking on it closes the active window. How can I do something similar? Are any samples of such tab controls available? TIA, SD ...

Printable Quote Button
I am prepairing for the upgrade to CRM 3.0. I have been using 1.2 with a custom crystal report that runs from a "printable quote" button and associated .aspx file so I can produce a "professional" quote for our customers. Now that the reporting is going to SQL reporting services, I know I have to convert or re-write my quote form under SRS. I am also believe that my .aspx file that passes the QuoteId and quote report will also have to change. Does anyone know what changes are needed for this conversion? Further, is there a better way with 3.0 to generate the pri...

messagebox
I am trying to suppress messagebox that appears with each email send, 'A program is trying to automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? etc. I am using outlook in powerbuilder application where there may be 50 emails being send and this message pops up for each email address. Can i suppress this message? thanks. kelly <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to suppress messagebox that appears with each > email send, 'A program is trying to automatically send > email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? etc. &...

Strange button and data entry
We have a document we created which has been about for a while. We are using Excel 2003 on XP and there is a strange button that is on a worksheet called reset with a data entry button next to it. We can't remove the button - there doesn't appear to be a way to select it! If you go to *View >Toolbars > Control Toolbox * then click the butto that looks like a set square on top of a ruler you should be able t select and then delete the button -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Entity buttons missing label text
Hi, I'm experiencing a small problem with label text on certain entities and wondered whether anyone else had had similar or knew of a solution. On certain entities (Account, Contact and Quote) the button label text no longer appears. On the Account, if you click Contacts in the left hand nav panel the label text for 'New Contact' and 'Add Existing Contact' buttons is missing. The same buttons are missing label text in the Sub-Contact section of the Contact Entity. On the Quote (only draft quotes, active ones are fine), the menu toolbar is missing the 'Save and...

Quiet MessageBox?
Is there any way to display a MessageBox or AfxMessageBox which includes one of the standard icons, but which does not cause a beep (or corresponding MessageBeep(MB_ICON_...) to occur? Jerry, It's very easy to create your own dialog, as you know. But for a real MessageBox-replacement, but there are two more parts to the puzzle. For the standard icons, you will want to check LoadStandardIcon. To make a proper replacement, take a look at CWinApp::DoMessageBox. Put your custom box in this overidable function. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Jerry" <jerry@thevoid.com&g...

Close button missing
the close button (red cross) is missing from opened emails. I can only close them by going to file and then clicking on close. I tried to customise the menu bar but the close button is not being offered there either. It only applies to opened emails - the Mail Live main site has a close button Anyone got any suggestions? much appreciated -- philbie Do you see Sign in, Minimize or Maximize buttons? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "philbie" <philbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161C6334-000D-4314-A518-5527A30F4C7F@microsoft.com... ...

How to create command button to save the dates and time
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I need to know how to create a command button, when clicked it saves the spreadsheet along with the dates and time on my desktop. However, if that can't be done...is there a formula that lets u saves the spreadsheet along with the dates and time. Whenever I open the same spread sheet, the dates gets changed and my previous information of the dates are lost - I use [= NOW()]. How can i stop this? copy and paste special =now() as a value or delete =Now() and Insert a static date or time Current date Select a cell and press CTRL+; Current time...

"Outlook Today" button text? And "alt-k" for OLToday?
Office Outlook 2007. Having installed OL2007, I had an "Outlook Today" button available, which had both text and icon on it. Also, clicking "alt-k" while on any page other than OL today brought me there. This morning, I uninstalled Business Contact Manager, because I have no use for it. Having done that, my Outlook Today button vanished. I was able to get it back, but it has only the icon, with no text. That's really not a big deal, except that the button is smaller than I'm used to, and thus not as easy to spot. I'd like the text back with it. Also, al...

Button Array
Hi I have a UserControls with 20 buttons, how do i create a single delegate for all these buttons for the click event, which will show in the hosted windows form. Pointer to source will be helpful Regards Jacko Forgot to mention, the project is in VB.NET "Jacko" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:%23hAuFnBdKHA.5156@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > > Hi > > I have a UserControls with 20 buttons, how do i create a single delegate > for all these buttons for the click event, which will show in the hosted > windows form. &...

Option Buttons
Using both Excel97 and Excel XP: Could someone please explain how I can set up several independent sets of option buttons on a worksheet, reliably. I'm about to throw something! And the Help facility is absolutely no help with my problem. What I need is three sets of options buttons (with 2, 3 and 3 buttons in each). Sometimes I can get two independent groups set up, but when I try to add a third, its buttons interact with those in an existing group. Sometimes I can get them all to work (if I set them up well separated), but when I move them to their required positions, suddenly they&...

Displaying CInternetException error in MessageBox
I have a class that deals with HTTP communication and it catches a CInternetException. I want to be able to display the exception error message in a messagebox. However for some reason I can't even get MessageBox() to work... never mind get the error message into it! I currently get the error ClientProxy.cpp(111) : error C2660: 'MessageBoxA' : function does not take 1 arguments /* CODE SNIPPET */ CATCH(CInternetException, pEx) { MessageBox("Exception"); } END_CATCH Have you tried using AfxMessageBox()? Rob "Si" wrote: > I have a class that ...

macro button on spreadsheet
I know how to create a macro and how to attach it to a button on the toolbar. What I would like to do is place a button out on the worksheet to run the macro. When I follow the directions in help it doesn't work. THANKS for the help. I am using Excel 2002. Can you be more specific about what you mean by "it doesn't work"? Are you able to create the button? How did you create the button -- via the Forms toolbar or the Controls Toolbox? Can you create it but don't know how to tell it to run your macro? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:07:01 -0700, "SheriTingle" <Sh...