Menus #2

Why does menu derive from CObject and not something like CWnd? That is, why
is it so different from the other controls?

0
jggarcia (26)
6/17/2004 7:55:28 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, its unfortunate. But the underlying Windows implementation of menus is
'special' so its not possible to associate a CWnd object with them; there's
no HWND, and there's a whole bunch of special behavior associated with menus
which the OS handles internally.

"John Garcia" <jggarcia@controlgaging.com> wrote in message
> Why does menu derive from CObject and not something like CWnd? That is,
why
> is it so different from the other controls?

0
GuitarBill

2 domain controllers in 2 locations not working
Help I have 2 locations... 192.168.1.x and 192.168.254.x 2 servers - server1 192.168.1.1) and server2 (192.168.254.253) which are dcs They are not on the same network I connect via VPN to sync AD and if I leave vpn up all works correctly. server1 is the GC...etc Server2 is a backup at the remote location When I click on AD Computers and users the MMC does not figure out that server1 is not available so I will show server2. I select server2 and all my AD info is there. When I try to remote desktop into server2 it tells me the domain controller cannot be found. I see fr...

GP 10 upgrade error #2
Hi i am trying to upgrade GP 9.0 to GP 10.0 in the process while running utilities iam getting the following error the stored proceedure upadate productversioninformation() of form due SQLpass through SQL returned the following results: DBMS 213, microsoft dynamics GP.0 can any one help me Regards Surya Surya, A SQL Server error 213 (Msg 213, Level 16, State 4) occurs when there is a mismatch between the information specified in an insert statement and the definition of the table. For example, assuming the following table: CREATE TABLE dbo.Titles ( TitleID INT PRIMARY KEY, Titl...

can the same dialog display information from 2 or more template based container objects?
I would like to use a single dialog to display information from one of 3 different classes. This does not appear to be possible because my design uses a template based container class. I would appreciate if someone could confirm this point and possibly suggest if there is a solution based on the template based container class. I have 3 different classes that inherit from a common base class: class CBase { ... }; class CA : public CBase { ... } class CB : public CBase { ... } class CC : public CBase { ... } I am using a template based class to manage collections of these 3 ...

How #2
Is it possible to freeze Panes on Exel? It work'on my PDA, but i don't know how on my PC. Peace -- I love Microsoft World...... Rodriquez, Yes, go to the standard toolbar and select Window -> Freeze Panes. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Rodriguez" wrote: > Is it possible to freeze Panes on Exel? It work'on my PDA, but i don't know > how on my PC. > > > Peace > -- > I love Microsoft World...... menu Window>Freeze Panes -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Rodrigue...

Column showes 1 2 3 instead of A B C

Is There a way #2
I need to be able to delete the contents of an end users e mail accout. I use to be able to do it in exchange 5.5 no promblem, now that I have upgraded to exchange 2003 cant figure out a way. Any ideas ?? Thank you you can use exmerge to "archive" the contents of a user's mailbox to a pst file...or grant yourself permissions to the maibox and logon via Outlook and delete everything... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00FD0735-F8EB-4EF5-90AF-80EE16AD1D07@microsoft.com... > I need to be able to delete the ...

Business Portal for Great Plains #2
Is there a dedicated Newsgroup for Business Portal anywhere? I'm very close to completely giving up on it. I can't even get it installed to work. I'm not aware of a dedicated newsgroup. This is the most active GP newsgroup that I'm aware of. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Norman McLeod" wrote: > Is there a dedicated Newsgroup for Business Portal anywhere? I'm very close > to completely giving up on it. I can't even get it installed to work. > > > ------=_NextPart_0001_1BFE60C6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello...

Phone number formats #2
In GP 8.0 Vendor module, the Phone number in userA PC shows 9645751234 and in userB PC shows (964)575-1234 Ext. 0000. Why? Where can I setup the phone number formats for different user/PC? Please help. Thanks. stien Hi Stien, This is an easy customization that can be done by a GP developer. There are no options to change the format from within GP. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "stien" wrote: > In GP 8.0 Vendor module, the Phone number in userA PC shows 9645751234 and in > userB PC s...

right aligned menus?
is there any way to use menus from resources in right justified order? we have a customer that might like a non-English menu. TY Open the .rc file in a Text Editor and Add MFT_RIGHTJUSTIFY to the menu item. "Donald Sorenson" <dony_s@excite.com> wrote in message news:OyeQn1TfEHA.3556@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > is there any way to use menus from resources in right justified order? we > have a customer that might like a non-English menu. > > TY > > TY! but I didn't find the right place in the script file... I tried to OR (|) it with the first M...

Forms problem #2
Hi all, I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and the bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the attachment as a .dat file! I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem with the attachments is a big one! Any suggestions? -pnp Do not use Outlook Rich Text as the form message format. Use Plain Text or HTML instead. The winmail.dat is caused by clients that cannot understand RTF (all except Outlook/Eudora) wrapping the formatting in the .da...

Menus are cutoff
I'm having a problem on some laptops where the menus are cutoff at the bottom in CRM web client. For example if you are in the Account screen and select the menu Tools, you can't see or select the options menu that is supposed to be at the bottom of this menu. Everything works fine on most laptops, but on some I'm having this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia I'm having the same problem on some desktops with the web client. Various items from menus are missing, including ...

Paper Size #2
For some reason, the standard paper size on the print command seems to have changed in a particular file. As a result, even though i select A4 size on the set up, the preview screen is not accurate. Any ideas ? Prasad ...

Can I use 2 incoming e-mail accounts?
I need to set up 2 different e-mail accounts to come in 1 outlook. How do I do this? Just add the additional account via Tools-> Account Settings... Depending on the account types you are using, you might want to use the following sorting techniques; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Nancy" <Nancy@discussion...

data from 2 drop down menus
I have been working on a database that would allow a user to select a supplier name from a drop down combo box, then select the quarter from another drop down, and input 3 values that would generate a percentage for them immediately. My approach was to create separate tables for each quarter and then pull from each by using a query that would link all the quarters as defined by the supplier name. I wanted ot know if anyone had any ideas on how to organize the data so that the drop down menus can be used for both the Supplier name and the Quarter. I had it set up before so that the quarters ...

Multiple recipients #2
When mailing to multiple recipients, I want only their name to appear, but once they print, keep each recipients' addresses blocked. How can this be done without sending to myself and all other recipients a BCC? Mail merge. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, stellar asked: | When mailing to multiple recipients, I want only their name to | appear, but once they print, keep ea...

GDI+ #2
hi, i am working with GDI+. i am using following method (dialog based application)for displaying a image. graphics.DrawImage(&image, 0, 0, image.GetWidth(), image.GetHeight()); but the image is not coming.it is given in the OnPaint() method. anu ...

Combine 2 cell into one
Is there a way to combine 2 cells data into one. I have 2 columns that I need to combine together. One Column is P/N & Other is description. Ex. Col A Col B 110123 3" nut Need to make two column data into one With your data in A1 and B1, in C1 put =A1&B1 and copy down. Or, if you want a space in there, then do =A1&" "&B1 and copy down. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ------------------------------------------------------------------------...

outlook.pst is not a personal folders file #2
I formatted my hard-drive and backed up my .pst file... However, now that I have reinstalled Outlook and I try to open my original .pst file I get an error that says "outlook.pst is not a personal folders file" Any ideas???? thanks, John How did you back up the file? Did you place it on a CD? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnny" <mayisuggest@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:034401c3b629$19ff6c30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I formatted my hard-drive and backed up my .pst file... > > However, now that I have reinstalled Outlook and I try to > open ...

Receive mail from 2 domains #2
Hi all, I originally set up an exchange 2003 server at a clients to receive mail from 1 domain @companyname.com Now I have added @alternatecomapyname.com to the recipient policy. The policy updated all the users with the second domain. When I try sending mail to dan@alternatecompanyname.com I end up getting a NDR dan@alternatecompanyname.com on 8/17/2005 9:19 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. Message tracking results: 8/17/2005 9:19AM SMT...

Outlook 2003
When I right click or select "File" or "Edit", the menu with does not appear, just a faint right and bottom edge. The same happens when selecting the menu buttons such as "New Message" or "Move to Folder". I have already tried reinstalling and repairing using the disc. ...

Excel Charts are greyed out! #2
On 2004-May-Tuesday - 09:00:32 was 12.41.208.227 ( Mozilla/4. (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ) with th following IP 12.41.208.227 on your boar ...

How to stop flicker when add and remove items from a CListControl frequently #2
As the title, I need to add or remove items from a CListControl frequently. But the CListControl flickers severely, I want to make the flicker to a endurable state, How can I achieve it? ...

440 Login Timeout #2
Hello, First of all, I would like to excuse me if the answer to this question is already posted an for my horrible english ;-) I installed a Exchange 2003 on Windows Standart 2003 (both in native mode). I've followed the process which proposes to use OWA in protected mode (with the form in high compression) by SSL with an internal authority of certification (msca). After installation, all was relatively well (access to the page of login ok, no error messages...) that was happiness! But on the first reboot, the access to the OWA was transform into 440 login Timeout. I've searching ...

WordWrap #2
In WinCE DrawText API Word Wraps at hyphen (-).Is there any way of not wrapping the Text when a hyphen (-)is encountered??The Scenario is depicted below. In Windows withe the given rectangle and the text "MEMBRANE BIO-RECTOR " the out put of the DRAWTEXT API with wordwrap flag set as true is shown below . ----------------------------- | | | MEMBRANE | | BIO-RECTOR | | | ----------------------------- In Windows CE for the same text and rectangle the ouput is ------------...

Using files from lotus 1-2-3
I am using Office 2003 with Microsoft XP Home Edition. I open files previously saved in Lotus 1-2-3 as *.XLS. I am able to edit and add data to the file, but when I print the file it has a dense, large, black overlay of the first characters in the file name, obliterating much of the data. This shows in the print preview and in the final printed copy. How do I eliminate this overlay? Hi Alpan, as far as I have learned during the past years the Lotus 1-2-3 converter to MS Excel is not quite good and has several issues. Have you ever tried to leave the Lotus1-2-3 file as it is and l...