Maximized SDI window

Hi,
I have:
    m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_MAXIMIZE);
instead of:
     m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_NORMAL);

because with SW_NORMAL the window isn't maximized when the app starts. ;-(
When SW_MAXIMIZE is used, size of window is changing while click New or
Open. How to avoid this?
This is a SDI application with view based on CFormView.

Thanks for help.

--
Deli
0

You might want to try this library.  I use it and it even resizes the
controls in the formview.  It's handy.

Tom

http://www.codeproject.com/property/resizableproperties.asp?df=100&forumid=913&exp=0&select=506328

"Deli" <deli_@ANTISPAMop.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have:
>     m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_MAXIMIZE);
> instead of:
>      m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_NORMAL);
>
> because with SW_NORMAL the window isn't maximized when the app starts. ;-(
> When SW_MAXIMIZE is used, size of window is changing while click New or
> Open. How to avoid this?
> This is a SDI application with view based on CFormView.
>
> Thanks for help.
>
> --
> Deli

0
tserface (3860)

My Windows XP makes no sound
I use to have good sound on my XP Windows computer. I recently formated the system disk and re installed windows. At first I had no sound but as I kept installing windows updates I eventally got sound such as the booting sound. Then it got so that when I booted the sound would start and then stop abruptly as if some service or something started and killed it. I kept adding upgrades hoping it would get better but instead it is now completly mute. I do have the little loudspeaker symbol in the motificaton area but turning up the volume does nothing. Can you help? ...

windows not sending email
Now windows live email is giving me a different error message... The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'smtp.gci.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10013 can you still help me? On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:27:01 -0800, alaska girl wrote: > Now windows live email is giving me a different error message... > > The connection to the server has failed. > > Subject 'test' > Server: 'smtp.gci.net' > Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E ...

Scroll window -update the buffer
Hi, I want to change the scroll window line items fields value which are not currently focused (selected line). Ex: If I enter the 5 in line3, the corresponding field in line 1 and 2 should be change to 5. Is it possible without re fill the window after update the table? Regards Jeganeedhi No. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Jeganeedhi" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to change the scroll window line items fie...

why I can not do different things on different CViews at the same time using SDI?
I create two CViews in SDI, i want to play different videos on them at the same time,however,i always fail,i can only see one video showing on one view, nothing on the other view.why? how can i do it using SDI? whether need i use MDI? Could it be because you have chosen SDI, in which there can only be one view at a time? No, that would be too simple an answer... But it's the right answer. Consider, however, using SDI with a splitter window. That should work. joe On 24 Nov 2006 10:36:12 -0800, "shenhua" <mtshenhua@hotmail.com> wrote: >I create two CViews in SD...

MFC Desktop application, child window
hi , I have MFC application, Dialog based,Desktop application and i would like to open child window,from a button in the main window i would like to add free text input in the edit control and child window with combo box control that i can recieve the data after the user configuration. Any code sample will help. Thanks What part of that process are you having trouble with? Use the AppWizard (File/New/Project/Visual C++/MFC/MFC Application) to create a dialog based application. Use the Resource Editor to place buttons on the dialog box. Use the Resource Editor to create new dialogs...

Stretching Video in Windows Media Player 11
I have a computer running Windows Vista on a screen resolution of 1280x800. When I try to play videos with an aspect ratio of 4:3, on full-screen view in Windows Media Player (version 11), there are black bars on the left and right sides of the video. Is there any way to stretch the video in Windows Media Player, to fit the screen? On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:20:01 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a computer running Windows Vista on a screen resolution of 1280x800. >When I try to play videos with an aspect ratio of 4:3, on full-screen view in ...

PLEASE! create an insert all button in the GP tax schedule window
PLEASE! create an insert all button in the GP tax schedule window. This so we can add all tax details at once. Being able to select a range or multiple details at once would also work. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Business...

strange behavior on Korean windows
Hi, I'm using the Find method from the Visual C++ Extensibility Object Model to find the '\n' within files. Recently I have tested my program on a korean windows XP Pro and I have a strange behavior. The "Find" is lasting too much time on the Korean windows and I suppose that this is due to the unicode system. Meanwhile I am still on the dark about what is going on so if someone has a hint about what is going on, it will really help. Thanks jos� ...

IE8 on Windows 7 can create new Windows or new Tabs
Okay, I have been running Windows 7 since December and last week I noticed I had problems opening a new window or new tab in IE8. I have tried EVERYTHING. I registered dll's, reset the browser, deactivated/uninstalled IE8, shut off protected mode, messed with security zones you name it. I have been scouring the web for an answer. I enabled script debugging and saw that the site(s) were trying to do a window.open and the error that came back was no such interface supported. What can I do to fix this? It is inhibiting me from logging onto websites that I use at work that nee...

can't add windows component
OS windows XP SP3 When trying to add windows components through the control panel or with the windows CD, I receive the following message... "SETUP WAS UNABLE TO OPEN INFORMATION FILE MSNMSN.INF"..... error code is 0x2 at line 0 ...contact administrator On Apr 14, 5:45=A0pm, MPW <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > OS windows XP SP3 > When trying to add windows components through the control panel or with t= he > windows CD, I receive the following message... "SETUP WAS UNABLE TO OPEN > INFORMATION FILE MSNMSN.INF"..... error code is 0x2...

Import OE rules into windows Live Mail?
Is there a way to Import Outlook Express message rules into Windows Live Mail? Any solution is of interest...even if it involves a registry edit or additional software. Thanks! On the same machine or a different machine ? Installing WLM on the same machine as OE migrates messages, accounts and = rules. - Have you attempted the above (Y/N) If Y, did you allow WLM enough time to index the migrated = messages(ie..best done by walking away and checking the status. Messages = will be imported to the Storage folder/Imported Folders If you did not attempt the above, why ? - ie....

how to close child window in MDI.
H I am new in MFC. I have got question about mainframe and childframe. When I use AppWizer choose MDI, every time I run my application, the default childframe always open I want to close childframe everytime I first open my application Thanks All the Wizard generated MFC applications will display a new MDI child window on startup. To avoid this, you need to pass CCommandLineInfo::FileNothing as the shell command when calling ProcessShellCommand. CCommandLineInfo cmdInfo; ParseCommandLine(cmdInfo); if (cmdInfo.m_nShellCommand == CCommandLineInfo::FileNew) cmdInfo.m_nShellCommand = CCo...

Windows Server Update Services
i have a small network with Dcon windows 2000 server, Symantec End Point Protection 11.1 on windows 2003 server ent. recently i installed windows server update service 3.1.6 . all the computers reported to server but failed to update. i sort them according to their operating systems. eror in event veiwer is Event Type: Error Event Source: Windows Server Update Services Event Category: Clients Event ID: 13042 Date: 3/4/2010 Time: 9:07:12 PM User: N/A Computer: ANTIVIRUS-SER Description: Self-update is not working. For more information, see Help and Support Center at ...

Windows Explorer problem
I keep getting a "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and has to close" error when I try to play a videos on my pc. Details show: AppName Explorer.exe AppVer 6.0.2900.5512 Mod Name Xvid.ax Mod Ver 0.0.0.0 Offset 003d928 Any suggestions? thanks sharkman -- Nevermind... I downloaded a newer version of Xvid and that did the trick sharkman -- "sharkman" <sharkman5578@verizon.net> wrote in message news:hg87n4$49b$1@news.eternal-september.org... > > I keep getting a "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and has to ...

Only show one Access in the windows task list
I only want to see one occurrence of Access in my windows task list - not one for all open forms. Where do I set that option? -- Diane in the debug window, Ctrl + G, (or code) Application.SetOption("WindowsInTaskBar"), False HtH Pieter "DianePDavies" <DianePDavies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3609D879-ACC9-4CE5-96D3-841806A1C32B@microsoft.com... >I only want to see one occurrence of Access in my windows task list - not >one > for all open forms. Where do I set that option? > -- > Diane ...

Windows Desktop Search 3.0
It appears that Outlook 2007 requires Windows Desktop Search 3.0 for instant searching whereas WDS 2.6 is apparently the official release. I have installed and uninstalled WDS 3.0 a couple of times, and have tried stopping and restarting the indexing. A couple of times it indexed a few files, but then stalls. Now, it is stuck at 0/0, and attempts to stop and restart have failed. Any suggestions or links on how to index with WDS 3.0? Best, Christopher ...

Double entries in Windows Media Player after installing Windows 7
I just installed windows 7 on my computer. In preparation I had moved all my music off to another drive. I installed windows 7, then office 2007 and then moved my music files into the appropriate folder and then deleted the backup. When I launched windows media player version 12.0.7600.16415 all my music is screwed up. Under Media Player 11 the files would group CD's with different musicians under Various Artists. This version does not allow that. I can figure that out. Here is the real kicker. Every cd I have placed on my computer now has double entries. First a M4a ...

Maximized vs minimized
I have a macro that copies data from disc drive A: and copies it to th current open spreadsheet. All works fine, except when it's done i minimizes the window. What code could I add to maximize the active window? Something like: ActiveWindow.WindowState = ???????? Thank You, Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Michael Try, Application.WindowState = xlMaximized Cheers John "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b7dva@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daniels012.1b7dva@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a macro that copies data from di...

Top of window is off screen
I get this problem once every 7 years and can't remember the solution. Some window opened up funny and I can't get to the dark blue strip with the buttons on top to move it back on range. Please help. "grok" <grok@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:195E6637-1490-4A8D-B1AB-969ECA7C61A9@microsoft.com... > I get this problem once every 7 years and can't remember the solution. > Some > window opened up funny and I can't get to the dark blue strip with the > buttons on top to move it back on range. Please help. Click any...

debug assertion error in threads of c++ under windows
Hi All, This my part of the c++ program using threads in windows : //modified by pushpa struct structExrdDoc { CExrdDoc* spDoc; LPCTSTR sstrFileName; structExrdDoc():spDoc(NULL),sstrFileName(""){} }; structExrdDoc sp; volatile bool running; UINT CExcelExport::run(LPVOID p) { CExrdDoc* me = sp.spDoc; me->OnSaveDocument ((LPCTSTR)sp.sstrFileName); running = FALSE; return 0; } //modified by pushpa void CExcelExport::SaveExcelFile (CExrdDoc* pDoc, const string& strFileName) { sp.spDoc = pDoc; //modified by pushpa sp.sstrFileName = strFileName.c_str(); //modified...

new windows now open behind old windows
Just recently, new windows have started opening behind present (old) windows. For example, I'll have windows explorer open in a window showing a list of files in a directory(folder). When I double click on one of the files (e.g. a text file), it opens *behind* the windows explorer window, not in front of it (as it used to), so I can't see the text file. So I have to click on the text file tray icon below to see the text file. New windows always used to open in front of old windows. I don't know what I did to change this. Does anyone know how to switch back to "ne...

Can a tab control expand/contract with the window?
I have a form that I'd like to display a number of subforms inside of using a tab control. However the form is to be displayed in a window that can be resized, and the tab control would have to be able to resize with it. Is there any way to do this? Maury Maury Markowitz wrote: > I have a form that I'd like to display a number of subforms inside of > using a tab control. However the form is to be displayed in a window > that can be resized, and the tab control would have to be able to > resize with it. Is there any way to do this? > > Maury First realize that even ...

Maximizing MainFrame
Hi everyone, I use VC++ 6.0. I have an MDI application that I want to be able to dynamiaclly maximize in such a way that user would not be able to get to the desktop. My goals are: 1. MainFrame should be maximized. 2. Minimize and Restore buttons should be either greyed out or removed. 3. User should not be able to move the application window. 4. The [x] close button in the top right corner should be visible. I have to use SetWindowLong() as oppose to Create() because this all has to happen dynamically many times in application's lifetime. My goal 1 ("maximized" is easy to achi...

Money 2005
I installed Money 2005 Small Business edition seemingly successfully. However, when I attempt to start Money by clicking the link created in the Start menu no Money window ever appears. When I opent he task manager, there is a process named msmoney.exe running. I am running XP with Service Pack 2. It is a fresh Money 2005 SB install (not an upgrade). As anyone else having this problem? Does anybody no how to fix this? Thanks in advance. Brandon. ...

Windows Mail
I'm trying to automatically get my email signature onto every message ie replys and forwards but I can't get it to work. I've used an html file as my email signature template and uploaded this as stationery in the windows email, options section. I've looked in signatures also and can see that the box is checked so that signatures are not used when sending a reply or forwarding a message but I don't know if this should affect it as I'm not using this section to upload or create a signature. Can anyone help? -- Thanks, RVC. Try setting the signature f...