Maximising mainframe window maximises modelss child windows!

Environment : Windows 2000 , VC++ 6.0 (SP5) , MFC

Hello,
In my MDI application, a modeless dialog box gets displayed on selecting a
particular menu item.
The parent of the modeless dialog box is the Mainframe Window.

Now in this modeless dialog, a particular action should minimize the models
dialog and show the application in a special state and a different cursor,
he can exit from this state only after selecting the required parameters,
till then the dialog needs to be in the minimized form. This is being
achieved by calling the ShowWindow(SW_MINIMIZE); function of the modeless
dialog for minimizing and then ShowWindow(SW_NORMAL); for restoring the
dialog to its normal state when the required parameters are selected.

However,when the modeless dialog is in the minimized state, if the main
window of the application is minimized and then restored, then I observe
that the minimized modeless dialog also gets restored to its default display
form. This is not desirable.

Could someone let me know how can I stop the maximizing/restoring of the
child (modeless) window of the parent (mainframe) window when the parent is
getting maximized. Is there some straightforward technique to achieve this?

Any pointers or code snippet would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards
Ganga

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

view email maximised
I've just upgraded to OE v6. When I double-click on an email to read it, the window returned is too small to be useful. How do I get maximised windows automatically when reading emails ? Cheers. ...

Visual Studio 2010 Express can't write Windows Service
Hi everybody! In VS 2010 Express can't add: using System.ServiceProcess; That's mean, microsoft now disable this namespace in MSDN Express? Any idea to override this? Sorry for my English.. Regards, and Happy New Year, Gregory. "Grzegorz" <brak@maila.pl> wrote in message news:hhj71g$mh3$1@news.onet.pl... > In VS 2010 Express can't add: > > using System.ServiceProcess; > > That's mean, microsoft now disable this namespace in MSDN Express? Any > idea to override this? Try adding a Reference in the Project to Syste...

Printing & Windows Hooks
Hello all, im not too experienced with hooks, but i need to write an app that detects when someone prints something(not just from my proccess, from any application). ibe been looking at the SetWindowsHook() function documentation, but none of the hook types seems appropiate for this purpuse. Does any one have any idea of how can i detect (on a system wide context) when the user tries to print something? Thanks! ...

How to set maximizing window for Excel?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize the excel window whenever I open excel? I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I get many excel files and shortcuts, which property are set into normal mode. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to open in maximizing windown for Excel? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric expressed precisely : > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to maximize the excel window whenever > I open excel? > I have set Excel application's property into maximizing window, but I get ...

Windows CD
hi, My Windows CD become out of order may be due to scratch or anything else. Can any body tell me where to get the CD or iso image of Windows CD without Serial key (As I've mine). Please reply, I'm facing troubles. I searched on microsoft website but couldn't find. There are available only new with price. I want free of cost because i've the serial key. Even if available in iso image file. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Some Useful Javascript Debugging Functions http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3e2c8093-4f26-41c4-83d2-cefc71...

Outlook Email Rely Errors
I have multiple POP3 email accounts and send emails from the account as it is related to that account (different email domains). I am having an error code come up as follows: "550 Relaying is prohibited" What does this mean and how do I disable / stop getting this error code. This latest one came from sending from an account that is "not the default" POP3 email account, and also there were about 5 addressed in the "to" section and about 9 email addresses in the BCC address line. Hope you can help, as I can't find anthing that a non- techy can figur...

Hooking windows creation functions
I use some library to hook win32 functions (similar to Detours). I want to hook every Windows function that creates a window on the screen and extract its HWND. What are the needed functions to be hook? Regards Mandy I don't have the SDK docs handy but you should be able to see the different types of hooks available to the hook API functions. What I would like to point out to you is that these type of hooks are a little tricky. The reason is that they can occur in other processes. In order for this to work, your hook function must be in a DLL, which gets mapped into the address s...

switch from PS V2 CTP3 to PS V2 RTM on Windows XP
I'm still running PS V2.0 CTP3 on my Windows XP PC. Before I install PC V2.0 RTM, should I uninstall PS V2.0 CTP3? Are there any tricks or gotchas to uninstalling PS V2.0 CTP3 ? - Larry Yes you will have to uninstall CTP3 - don't gorget to uninstall WinRM as well. then install V2 RTM. There shouldn't be any problem - worked OK when I did it -- Richard Siddaway All scripts are supplied "as is" and with no warranty PowerShell MVP Blog and PowerShell User Group: http://msmvps.com/blogs/RichardSiddaway/Default.aspx "Larry__Weiss" wrote:...

Windows and Linux NTP
Regarding the Network Time Protocol (NTP), if we have a Windows XP NTP server and the network has other Windows XP clients as well as Linux Redhat 9.0 clients, what is the process that we need to follow to be able to allow a manual clock change on the server to be reflected on all the clients? -- Inquirer300 >Regarding the Network Time Protocol (NTP), if we have a Windows XP NTP server >and the network has other Windows XP clients as well as Linux Redhat 9.0 >clients, what is the process that we need to follow to be able to allow a >manual clock change on the serve...

Add Payment Terms to SOP Window
I am trying to bring in a Customer's Payment Terms into the main SOP window. Our counter people often forget to check the terms (since it is on an alternate window) and we would like to put it on the main screen. I have tried bringing that field in, but it is not linking to the Customer Card. Any help would be appreciated. You can do it with Modifier/VBA - do you have that module? "Beth" wrote: > I am trying to bring in a Customer's Payment Terms into the main SOP window. > Our counter people often forget to check the terms (since it is on an > alternate ...

Getting windows object from hWnd?
I'm in a bit of a mess at the moment! I have a function which takes a CStatusDlg* (CStatusDlg is derived from CDialog). Only sometimes, what's being passed in is the window handle and I don't really have any control over this. So how would I differentiate between the two (I'm currently using IsWindow()) and how to I get the window pointer from the window handle? TIA, --- Al. You can use CWnd::m_hWnd to get the window handle. To get a CWnd from a handle, you can use CWnd::FromHandlePermanent or CWnd::FromHandle. You may be able to use other means to get to CStatusDlg, de...

maximise
Has anyone seen it where you'll open an excel document that someone sends you, but instead of the document opening excel opens. So I have to save the attachment first then go into excel and go file open. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try Tools / Options / General / Uncheck 'Ignore Other Applications' -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------...

Windows 2000 SMTP
If this is not the correct forum for Windows 2000 SMTP questions, I apologize. I need help diagnosing an SMTP message failure. The email was sent via a Windows 2000 workstation running the SMTP service. The recipient does not receive any message and we receive the following failure notice which does not give me any clue as to what the problem is. (I've changed the addresses). Reporting-MTA: dns;WEBBD.McTeens.com Received-From-MTA: dns;WEBBD.McTeens.com Arrival-Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:38:04 -0500 Final-Recipient: rfc822;dolly@downtownusalille.com. Action: failed Status: 5.1.3 When I ...

TRANFER mail from outlook express to Windows Mail(windows 7)
Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS (WINDOWS XP) to my new machine . I cannot find my old folders or mail -I can see IMPORTED Folder1 and Imported Folder2 -but they are all blank .I did get a load of imported mail in my Inbox ? Any help to find my old folders will be very gratefully received. I tried the same thing in THUNDERBIRD and it seems ok -I could see my folders at least . On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:38:02 -0800, DUNDALKSPUR wrote: > Hi- I have just bought a new WINDOWS 7 PC and transferred my OUTLOOK EXPRESS > (WINDOWS XP) ...

Capturing all windows messages
I was wondering if it was possible to capture absolutely all windows messages in an application. Not just messages that occur when the application's window is in focus. What I want to do is make a program that doesn't even have a window. Just sits in the system tray, and listens for specific hotkeys, and does some processing if the user presses certain key combinations at any given time. Regardless of the program they're using at the time. Is this possible using VC++? Thanks, Joseph Smith You can a system-wide hook for keystrokes. Take a look at SetWindowsHookEx. -- Ajay ...

Windows Handle Map problem using COleControl and COleControlModule.
Not sure where to start, so let me just start with the ASSERT. In VS2005, we get an assert while attempting to run an MFC SDI app. Not just any MFC SDI app though. In it's view, we attach an OCX that emulates its own SDI. We then have an CHTLMView that sits in this OCX. While attempting to bring up the app (and this CHTMLView inside the OCX inside the EXE MFC View, we get an ASSERT doing handle map lookups because AFX_MANAGE_STATE isn't getting called. I'm thinking this should get called for us by the framework, but it's not, so I suspect we aren't tying all this...

Windows XP Embedded
Does anyone have any experience or know where to get information on deploying RMS and Windows XP Embedded. http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/getstart/devplat/pos/ "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AE2DBDA-FFF8-41DA-AAFD-9B9249D029F7@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have any experience or know where to get information on deploying > RMS and Windows XP Embedded. Hey Root, There's very little information at that link and has no information on deploying RMS and XP embedded. XP embedded seems perfect for setting up POS stations based...

Sliding window
I have a program which when you press a button a second window slides out to the right. However, I want more of a tray to slide out ie the windows that slides out is always the same size as the parent form. How do I reduce the size of the secons window? Do I make some of it invisible? Hardy Try to search The Code Project www.codeproject.com I know there is at least one code sample somwhere on that site. Cheers, Johnny J. "HardySpicer" <gyansorova@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:0e055e0e-ce6b-4ef2-925f-3cfda94c43be@d9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... &...

Pop-up windows
I'm not sure what the proper name it is called, but everytime i point my mouse to something on my screen, both on the internet and while i'm using other program's on my computer, this annoying little window with a yellow background pop's up, with a short description. I found this very helpful when i first got my computer, but now i don't need it. I used to know how to switch it off, but now i can't find how to do that. Could somebody please help. Enable/Disable Balloon Tips or Disable All (Line 11, Left) http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm -- ...

IE7, webpages won't fit in a window?
When running IE8 many webpages open too wide for the window and they have to show a scroll bar at the bottom. I've switched back and forth from IE8 to IE7 to Firefox and only IE8 shows this behavior. The worst offender is the forums at Crackberry: http://forums.crackberry.com/ Any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks. -- XS11E, Killing all posts from Google Groups The Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/ Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so...

No CRM toolbar in Appointment windows
Hello, I have a problem. I do not see CRM toolbar in Outlook Appointment window. In other windows everything is OK . CRM addon is working. I use Office 2007 SP2 with CRM 4.0 UR7 and Windows 7. Any suggestions ? B.I. Not sure if its too late for this reply. I had the same problem, and the fix was as simple as this: 1. Go to Outlook Menubar -> CRM -> Options. 2. On the 'Set Personal Options' dialog, go to the Synchronization tab. 3. Check the 'Appointments I'm attending' checkbox and click OK. The CRM toolbar will be available in Appointments from now on...

Windows Mail
Often times when I compose an email that takes a long time and then do spellcheck at the end. Windows mail goes white and eventually closes. I lose the entire message which sometimes is a great deal of info. Very Frustrating!!! Any suggestions for a fix? Thanks Tony Hi, Tony. Two tips: First, get into the habit of pressing <Ctrl>+S while composing - especially at the end. This will Save your composition in your Drafts folder. Then, if you lose the message later, you can reload it by double-clicking it in that Drafts folder. Second, Please always start y...

createprocess in a windows service?
Hi, i need to start my application from a NT service. So it is possible that the app can do its stuff without loggin on to the system... I created a such a NT service. I can start and stopp him. My problem is now: How can i start an application from that service? Is it possible and how? Thanks for all hints Greets, Holger -- http://www.kreissl.info For that You have to Create the Desktop Interactive services to show you r program on User Desktop. look for this article http://www.codeproject.com/system/iconservice.asp -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com ...

Access 2007 cant open an immediate window with a 2000 mdb
The local 2007 access machine i have can open the mdb modules and immediate window. However on a client site the same mdb will not open with their version of access 2007. Its not a user name issue we checked that and i installed all the vb6 stuff on the client site and still nothing. the odd thing is if you have the 2000 mde on the client site you can open an immediate window. So its just the mdb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:04:11 -0800 (PST), Tenrosei <tjmaxwelliv@gmail.com> wrote: >The local 2007 access machine i have can open the mdb mo...

Windows 7 Network Issues
Posted similar before but got no answers so here is another attempt but slightly different 1 laptop Wifi - Windows 7 Ultimate 1 desktop PC hard wired - Win XP Pro WiFi router Linksys WRT54GS flashed with DD-WRT firmware Both set to the same workgroup name Both can access the internet All was working fine until all of a sudden..... Laptop can ping PC but PC cannot ping laptop either by name or IP address. Switched off firewalls but problem remained Switched off ipv6 on laptop but again no joy I have searched the web and followed many advises found but I just cannot get the...