MapViewOfFile Error

All:

Code:

 SampleTransferType *FileBuffer;
 long FileSize = NumberOfSamples * sizeof(SampleTransferType);

 HANDLE hmem = ::CreateFileMapping((HANDLE) 0xFFFFFFFF, NULL,
PAGE_READWRITE, 0, FileSize, FM_ADCMAPFILENAME);

FileBuffer = (SampleTransferType*)::MapViewOfFile(hmem, FILE_MAP_WRITE, 0,
0, FileSize);

MapViewOfFile is returning a NULL, and GetLastError() is returning an
"Access Denied" when displayed using the FormatMessage() function.

This error only happens when the FileSize goes over a certain size. Is there
a limit to the size?

--

Regards;

Bruce Kingsley

0
brucek5 (13)
5/23/2004 2:48:23 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

One of the most frustrating things about using the Microsoft documentation is that it does
not tell you what errors are likely, or what you might have done to cause them. This is
almost as useful as the infamous "invalid parameter" error.

I see you did not check the hmem handle to see if IT was valid. If it is not valid, this
might give an error when you try to do the mapping.

It would be a good idea to use INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE instead of 0xFFFFFFFF, because this
constant will malfunction on Win64 where handles are 64 bits long.

Otherwise, I don't see anything wrong with this code at first glance.
					joe

On Sun, 23 May 2004 02:48:23 GMT, "Bruce Kingsley" <brucek5@mindspring.com> wrote:

>All:
>
>Code:
>
> SampleTransferType *FileBuffer;
> long FileSize = NumberOfSamples * sizeof(SampleTransferType);
>
> HANDLE hmem = ::CreateFileMapping((HANDLE) 0xFFFFFFFF, NULL,
>PAGE_READWRITE, 0, FileSize, FM_ADCMAPFILENAME);
>
>FileBuffer = (SampleTransferType*)::MapViewOfFile(hmem, FILE_MAP_WRITE, 0,
>0, FileSize);
>

>MapViewOfFile is returning a NULL, and GetLastError() is returning an
>"Access Denied" when displayed using the FormatMessage() function.
>

>This error only happens when the FileSize goes over a certain size. Is there
>a limit to the size?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)

Run-time error 80040e14 (Missing Operator) in '% ... Writer's Choice .... %"
I think I know the problem. I don't know the solution. Here's my code... strSQL = "SELECT * FROM [Item Types] WHERE [Title] like '%" & strTestPhrase & "%'" rstItems.Open Source:=strSQL, ActiveConnection:=cnnAllotment, _ CursorType:=adOpenKeyset, LockType:=adLockPessimistic Here's the strTestPhrase as interpretted by the error message... '[Title] like '%Glencoe Writer's Choice Joshual Edel%" Here's the error message... Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ...

Sales Process Error 09-13-06
Hi Guys I have a problem For some users the sales process fires and creates the initial activity. However, if I go to the opportunity and go to the sales process menu the sales process is not there, also the "Step Name" field does populate, it remains null. have you got read access to quotes for your security role? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE6DC932-D2BA-417D-9F22-0F33A882E8B1@microsoft.com... > Hi Guys I have a prob...

code error
Please can anyone help - my PC runs out of memory (I currently have 512) I'm presuming that my code is badly written - can anyone please help with this, code follows: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ' Option box allowing user to select relevant ctr filetoopen = Application _ .GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls") If filetoopen <> False Then Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ filetoopen End If Dim strPath As String, strFileName As String strPath = ActiveWorkbook.FullName strFileName = Mid(strPath, InS...

BP timesheet entry error
We are currently entering time in PDK but have recently installed BP 4.0 and would like to enter time thru the BP. When I enter my time I am receiving the following error 'Unit of Measure Schedule not found. Supply the correct query parameters for the entry'. I have hour setup as the UOM on the employee window. We did not have use pay codes checked but I changed that to use pay codes, added a pay code for the employee and set the default pay code but I am still receiving this error. How do I correct this error so we can start using the BP for timesheets. thanks, ...

Outlook 2002 error? #2
When I try to run outlook 2002 it will not start. I tried the "repair and detect" with out any luck. It wants to start in the safe mode but it will not start. I reinstalled Office Xp over the existing install.and still no luck. This only happens in one Windows XP user, with the other two users Outlook works OK. The error message I get is bellow if from the error report Windows wants to sent to Microsoft. AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.4024.0 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 10.0.2625.0 Offset: 006d3fe5 Any Help? Thanks "SlipKid" <*the_ox@bigfoot.com*> wro...

error about dll?
Hello, they are passed to version 1,2 of the CRM and for my applications on the CRM I would want to use the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll new that replaces the old one deprecated Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll In one my application has added to the plan the DLL of framework the 1,1 but I obtain the following error: Unhandled Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Error loading XML file c:\winnt\microsoft.ne t\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.Str ongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Cultur...

Strange error validating XML against XSD
Hello, I've developed a .NET C# web service; which has one method named, let's say, upload_your_data. This method has one parameter ( string your_data). The value that this parameter will actually have is the content of a XML document. This data will be processed and check for a well-formed xml document and will be validated against a XSD. Before putting my code, let me go on and explain the whole situation. This web method is invoked by some guys outside my organization and they are using java applications (jsp's … it seems to be). I've tested my web method locally (in...

eseutil /p error
ive restored our exchange 5.5 database to a different server and im trying to repair our priv.edb database using the eseutil /p command. The database size is around 300Gb. When running the eseutil /p it progresses to around 50% and then stops with the following error: Assertion Failed: dPercentage >=0, file G:\ese97\src\eseutil\edbutil.cxx, line 563. Does anybody know what this error could be and how to resolve it? Also I dont know if it contributes to the problem but the G: drive in the error doesnt exist on the server. Thanks Why are you running eseutil? On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 02...

Cumulative Error
Ill try and explain this as best I can. I have a form with a subform, the subform contains all the data, the main form is used as a connection link. On the subform I want to create a cumulative total specific to the project and department according to month so essentially I want something like: (Main Form: Frm_Edit Department Detailed) Project: A Department: 0004 (Main Form: Frm_Edit Department Sub) Month Planned Cumulative June 342 342 Jul 123 465 Aug 456 921 At the moment I have the following as the control sourc...

KB976098 won't install. Error code 800F0900, unknown error
Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. "Tgray" wrote: > Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install > with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. I use Windows 7, 64 bit version. Update KB976098 gets into an eternal update loop every time. It never finishes, not even after a full night waiting. If I then press sleep or hybernate, the system continues updating when I restart again and I ...

Cannot Save The File error when creating PDF
My Publisher 2007 has been able to create pdf files using the Save As PDF/XPS plugin from microssoft for over a year. Just used it earlier today. Now I get a 'Cannot Save The File' when I try to publish or save as PDF. I see a lot of older post about this problem, but only suggestions to use other free PDF creators. If I create a new publication it works, but it will not work with existing ones. What changed? It appears to be a coruption in the pub file. Why doesn't microsoft create a file integrity or validation check to look for errors rather than pointing everyo...

Outlook error: "Microsoft Dynamics CRM cannot go online....
"Microsoft Dynamics CRM cannot go online.The Microsoft Dynamics CRM server was not found" I get this message when I push the Go Online button. No errors in event viewer. Nothing wrong with other users - so server side is OK how can I put the CRM Outlook klient to logging more information or something. I I'll run the configure Wizard again everithing starts to work for some time but I loose all my changes (1 week of sales tasks) and I can't afford that. How to troubleshoot this... ...

Outlook group by sender errors
We have outlook 2000 and the view configured to group messages by sender. One particular sender has had all it's emails deleted but is still showing with an email from another sender. The item count is incorrect. Any one got any ideas on this one? Thanks Paul ...

ignoring errors
Helllo, I have a spreadsheet (rather a big one) which shows an error (triangle in the corner of the cell) in all the cells of a single column. I understand the (apparent) errors and need to 'ignore' them. I know how to do this one by one, but there are over 700 cells in the column. Is there a way of selecting all the affected cells & 'ignoring' the errors in one go ? I dont want to turn off the error checking because the same error could turn up elsewhere . Thanks KK On my copy of XL2003, if I select all the cells with a triangle "error"...

what did the error mean?how can i correct it?
HWND dlgHwnd = NULL; dlgHwnd = FindWindow(_T("CSessionNotifyDlg"),NULL); --------------------Configuration: SipComm - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... RTCWin.cpp E:\sipusb\91910\RTCWin.cpp(3562) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'class CWnd *' to 'struct HWND__ *' Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast You must be making the call from within a CWnd object... therefore it is using CWnd::FindWindow() which returns a CWnd * You have 2 options: (i) specify the Windo...

Async error
I'm not sure exactly when this has happened. When I 'Test Access' I get 503 errors. I restarted the Async service and noticed the below error in the event log. I noticed a similar issue at; http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/48a444a5e2ce116b I did not import the organisation, nor update the async table manually. I ran the script on the database and it returned 31,874 records. Im not quite sure what that means though. Any help greatly appreciated. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAsyncService Event Category: None Event ID: ...

Y-Error Bars
I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all points (bars) in the series. Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Hi Diana, To get error bars on a single bar you can use the Custom +/- reference boxes on the Error bar tabs. Use this to get your values from worksheets cells. Obviously within the cells are zero values for all but the bar your want. Cheers Andy Diana wrote: > I am having trouble putting a y-error bar on one data > point in my series. Excel wants to add error bars to all > points (bars) in the ...

Error message in Outlook when deleting
Hello- XP is the OS, Office 2000 and Outlook is the app with troubles. When trying to delete messages from my Inbox, an error message stating Messaging Interface unknown error, restart Outlook if problem persists. I have restarted multiple times and reinstalled Office 2000 in the repair mode, downloaded the updates and still cannot delete the messages. My inbox is getting very full! Please give guidance to repair this issue. Thanks! I have posted the same problem, and do not see a response. Nothing in the Knowledge Base has solved this problem for me, either. Let's hope we g...

On Error of an On Error
How do I write an On Error of an On Error? For example, if an error occurs when trying to open a linked table, I would like to open up the linked table manager for the user to link the tables properly. However, if that is not installed, I would like to give the user a error message that I will write. At the moment, my code which errs out is as follows: ======================== Private Sub Form_Current() ' Checks to see if all table is there On Error GoTo TableMgr If (DCount("*", "qReport") > 0) Then MsgBox "This should not be 0.", vbOKOnly,...

Publishing a Report Error
I tried to publish the Account report that I got from gotdonet.com "EntitySample Reports", I get an error message, I get the same error tring to load a custom report I wrote. What setup problem do I have with my CRM reports interface that does not allow me to publish reports and causes the error below? Is there a document that talks about how my system needs to be setup to allow me to Publish reports? Mike ERROR Message Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application ------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Regarding Error spawning in amd64\cl.exe
Hi I am new to visual studio editor. I have an mfc dialog based application that runs good in x86 machine 32 bit processor.I want that application to be build for x64 machine.My new machine is a 64 bit amd processor and x64 edition of windows xp. Initally I tried the old build(x86 build )in x64 edition.My application doesnt give the required results.so I wanted to build the application for x64 edition. steps carried: 1.changed the Target Machine in project->properties->configuration properties->linker->Advanced to Machine:x64 2.Modified all the paths in tools->options->projec...

Connection error on Document Load
I am calling XmlDocument.Load with a url string, but get the message "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." When I put the exact same URL in IE, the xml file comes up just fine. Also, we only get this error when running from some machines, not all. Does anyone know what is wrong? Thanks. I was getting the same kind of error using XmlTextReader with a url string. Check out the following: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=888527 and look at the section on Undocumented bugs in the .NET Class Library (NCL). Also, google the term: useU...

Error msg
"A get/change next operation on table 'RN_OPEN' failed. A record was already locked." This msg just showed up when I was trying to access a credit memo in the apply sales document area. Does this mean I won't be able to locate my credit memo? How do I correct this? CAN I correct this? Typically it means that someone else was using the credit memo or some other related record. Usually, waiting and trying again fixes all. If not, try deleting records in the DEX_LOCKS table Visit us at Convergence in San Diego, Booth 624 -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consulta...

error message #10
When I exit Outlook I am getting an error message from Microsoft Visual Basic that saids "compile error in hidden module:autoexec". I do not know how why and need help. Thanks. Have you installed Adobe Acrobat, or uninstalled it lately??? If so, try reinstalling the Adobe product, but shut all microsoft products first... Here's something that might be helpful... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q328167 It usually has to do with a 3rd party add-in... so if you use/d any, you may want to reinstall them or uninstall them... Hope this helps.. ~mark ...

MSOE.dll could not be initialized error with Windows Mail
Shortly after downloading some Vista updates (don't know which ones), every time I try to send email via a website (it should open up Windows Mail), the error msg Win Mail could not be started 0X800C0155,2) MSOE.Dll could not be initialized... The posts I have seen here suggest that I download Window Live Mail instead of fixing this error. I have a Windows Live Mail account, but I really want to use MSOE to send emails because of its capabilities. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this error with Window Mail not initializing? Restore to a previous date doe...