MAPI problem

Hello,

in my application, I'm using MAPI to get some messages in the mailbox.

I'm using MAPIFindNext to browse mails.
On a big mailbox (about 1500 messages) I have no problems with thunderbird, but with Outlook 2003 it's very slow and if I open a new application, I can't work with it because it loose focus when my app loop.

here is a sample that demonstrate it:

	BOOL bOK = TRUE;
	CString cursor;

	while (bOK)
	{
		char	result[513];

		try
		{

			m_LastMAPIError=MAPIFindNext(hSession(), hparent, NULL
				, cursor, MAPI_LONG_MSGID, 0, result);
			if (m_LastMAPIError==SUCCESS_SUCCESS)
			{
				cursor=result;
				cout << cursor << "\n";
				bOK=TRUE;
			}
			else
			{
				cursor.Empty();
				cout << "End of Messages";
				bOK=FALSE;
			}
	}
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Problem sending large files
Hi I'm running Win XP Home on a P4 3.2ghz / 1.5GHZ 400mhz RAM/ Outlook 2003 SP2 and I'm having problems sending a 43MB file. (MPEG) It sits "sending" in my outbox for hours. I'm on a 2.2Mbps Broadband connection with no limits in/out for the file size. If I send a smaller 1-2MB file it goes in seconds. Any ideas? Nik. "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:dov0j6$92u$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com... > Hi > > I'm running Win XP Home on a P4 3.2ghz / 1.5GHZ 400mhz RAM/ Outlook 2003 > SP2 and I&...

MAPI "OpenMsgStore" failed
Help this is the error I am getting: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: You do not have permission to log on. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0519-00000000 Source: MSExchangeSA Category: MAPI Session EventID: 9175 This shows up about once a min. in the event log - but everything seems to be working OK. This is a new Exchange 2003 setup - We had a single label domain on our old server - To fix, I installed a new sever and used EXMERGE to try to bring mail over from the old server. While trying...

Out Look problem
Hi, I have the following problem with my Microsoft Outlook 2007SP2. I am running it with windows Vista 64 bit. 1. I have made four accounts with the outlook. The outLook takes forever to send and receive the messages. 2. If I exit the outlook and open it again, it does not open . I have to restart the computer again. 3. After restarting the computer and outlook. The outlook loads new messages and then it does not get new messages for a long time. It shows me the new messages after a very long time. Please advice! John #2 - after closing, go to task manager, processes...

MAPI in GP
Hello All, Can anyone assist me in detail how can i use MAPI feature in Great Plains 9.0. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions That depends on what you mean by "use the MAPI feature in Great Plains". What are you trying to accomplish? patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1AE16F-FE51-4465-9643-83F6A15EC763@microsoft.com... > Hello All, > > Can...

Problems with exchange
Hi .. I'm having this problem a week ago and i have no idea what's going on .. I had a test environment with CRM, SQL and Exchange all in the same server and it worked ok ... but now I'm trying to pass CRM to production environment the only change is that we want to use Exchange Organization Server .. I uninstall the Router from the CRM server and install it in the Exchange Organization Server and it doesn't work correctly ... I use some rules to send emails and they are send but incomplet ... the contact only receives the first letter of the Body Email .. CRM server and Ex...

Quotes update problem
I'm using Microsoft Money 2004 Standard Edition, Canada. Today is Oct 3rd, I ask for a quotes update. Everything appears fine EXCEPT the reported summary states "your call was successful 9/22/05 2:27PM" - the last quote I have is for almost 2 weeks old. I bought this program Jan 20th 2004 so don't appear to have not consumed my 2 years of online services. Any tips as to whats going wrong here. PS, how do I confirm how much time is left on my subscription? Thx On 2005-10-03, Green <user@domain.ca> wrote: > Any tips as to whats going wrong here. Don't k...

extended mapi
Hi, I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses and subject in gray background. Thanks, shahaji ...

E2K3 Memory Problem
Approximately every two weeks my Exchange 2003 server's total memory usage creeps up from its reboot level of about 1.5 Gb to 2.5 Gb (4Gb of RAM installed). At this point the he Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminates and logs a 7034 event (see below). Once the server is rebooted, everything works fine, but the memory starts creeping back up. My memory configuration has been optimized based on the configuration recommendations listed in KB article 815372. Has anyone else run into this problem and can tell me what may be causing the problem and how to correct it? ...

Strange permissions problem
Hi al Im running Exchange 2003 on windows 2003, this server is also my only DC. I upgraded the domain from AD 2000 and exchagne 2000 to AD 2003 and exchange 2003. I happened to notice one day when looking at the built in administrators group on the server that the everyone account was in the built in admins group on the domain. The account had a red arrow pointing up from it to the Enterprise admins group which is alos in the built in admins group. I removed the everyone account from the built in admins group. When i did i started recieveing errors in the application log on the server. I was ...

Stacked Column Problem
Runing Excel 2000 on Windows 2000. I have a table of data containing 2003 productivity data by month for 3 teams, each of which has 3 members. The table is arranged with the months January through December on the top row. The first column on the right of the table is the team name (cells merged to span three rows corresponding to team members), the second column contain's the team members' names. The next 12 columns contain monthly production data for each team member on the row corresponding with their name. I am trying to come up with a way to create a separate stacked li...

problem!
When I run outlook today - the customize outlook today button does not work - It has in the past - I like to set up folders on this page - to monitor (and filter) incoming e-mails. It just won't let me customize anymore. I have tried repairing, uninstalling and reinstalling. Any ideas? ...

IMAP Connection problems
I am running... Server: Windows SBS 2008 SP2 Client: Windows 7 Ultimate / Outlook 2007 SP2 / Windows Live Mail (I have uninstalled the AV to eliminate any problems that might be causing.) I have enabled IMAP on the server I have configured port 143 on the firewall to be forwarded to the server I have checked via telnet that I can connect to the server on port 143 and all seems fine. But when I put the settings into Outlook or Windows Live Mail I have problems connecting to the server. In Outlook when I click test settings I get 'Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP): Gen...

Calculation problem #5
Hitting F2 followed by Enter changes the results of a formula in my worksheet. Hitting these 2 keys repeatedly, toggles between 2 results. It's like this: F2 then Enter cell A4 displays 18,000 F2 then Enter cell A4 displays 0 F2 then Enter cell A4 displays 18,000 F2 then Enter cell A4 displays 0 and so on. The cursor can be in any cell & the above sequence still changes the results in cell A4. The word "Calculate" appears at the bottom of the screen to the right of the word "Ready", which is unusual. The calculation mode is set to Automatic. What is ...

Problems with time
Hi, Folks! I reinstalled my Computer (Outlook 2007 and Windows XP tablet) and took the old pst file into the new installation. Now all events are displayed 8 hours to early on my calendar and my emails show an arrival time of 8 hours too late. Please help. What can I do? Best regards, Alexander -- Alexander Dorsch Did you check the time zone on the new computer and verify it is correct? Was the old computer using the same zone? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Ti...

Crystal Reports Rendering Problem CRM 1.2
Hi, We are having a problem with some of the Crystal Reports. Some chart based reports relating to Cases are not showing any keys or legends. However if the report is exported to word then Cases and legends are shown. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? kind regards, Les Greenhalgh Hi. The solution of your problem might be the resolution of you server. If you are logged remote on the server, are the pictures correct? If so, then you have to change the resolution on the server local. let me know if it works. I had the self problem. "Leslie Greenhalgh" wro...

connection problems #2
Hi On this computer we have 4 accounts set up and until recently it has worked fine. But now it one of us logs onto our account and uses outlook and then we either log off or put the computer into sleep mode (i.e. not actually turn the computer off) and then someone else logs on and uses outlook, we cannot get a connection. IE works fine so there is a connection there but not in Outlook. The error message is 'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. Error number is (0x80042108). To rectify the problem I have to turn the computer off entirely and then it wi...

Spell Cheking Problem in Outlook 2002
I'm using MS Outlook 2002. In the settings I have option to check spelling. When I want to send a document it asks me if I want to do spellchecking. I say no, but in spite of that I have that dialog about spelling and Outlook start spelling check contrarily to my wish. If I click Yes that Outlook says that this option is not installed on my system and asking for the installation CD. What is wrong with Outlook and how to fix it. Thanks. ...

problem with starting Directory Service
After running an xmerge last night, it appears the log file filled up the main drive "C", (we have an E: drive where the IS is stored), and so now this morning we can't start the Directory Service, and as a result all the dependent services. Here are the error messages in the Application Log: Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeDS Event Category: Internal Processing Event ID: 1166 Date: 5/12/2004 Time: 8:53:25 AM User: N/A Computer: AVGNMAIL2 Description: Error -1811 has occurred (internal ID 2030148). Contact Microsoft Technical Support for assistance. E...

Quote for Customer Report Problem
I create a printable quote form using Crystal Reports base don Michael Yourshaw's method (send GUID to aspx page and redirect to the report). But I have a problem. When I press the 'open quote in Crystal' button on the quote form, I have to enter my username and password again to be able to see the report. How can I solve this? Thx! ...

MSExchangeSA & MSExchangeDSAccess Problems
I just recently went from 4 DC to 1 DC by demoting un-wanted DC's. I decided that I had to many for an environment of four/4 servers. In doing so I'm now having problems with my Exchange server. The MSExchangeSA and MSExchangeDSAccess services display errors in the event log and Exchange no longer works properly. I haven't changed the domain name at all just decreased the number of DC's in the environment. The errors that I'm getting are as follows: MSExchangeAS: Unexpected error The server is not operational. Facility: Win32 ID no: 8007203a Microsoft Excha...

MAPI
My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell me that my email program ( Outlook) must be set up as a MAPI client in order to send an image as an attachment to an email using Zoom Browser EX. How do I do this Is Outlook your default email program to send/receive email - or do you have it set to Outlook Express or some other third party program? Check Control Panel - Internet Properties - Programs and see if Microsoft Outlook is selected for email. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01da01c3a0be$37d17490$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell...

Match Ranges problem ,
Hi all , and a good day I have 2 ranges , with these values : myRange1 = (ROW) A B C 1 1 2 4 2 1 3 4 3 1 3 5 myRange2 = (ROW) F G H 1 1 3 4 2 2 3 5 3 1 4 5 I need a macro to compare every cell in myRange2 - first row !! , with every cell in myRange1 - first row !! , and , if tha value of every cell in myRange2 is equal with one of the cells of the first row of myRange1 , to change the value with "QQQ" . This must to be done in every row . After checking first row of myRange2 with first row of myRange1 , to go to next row in myRange2 , and compare ...

ActiveX control problem
Sometime ago I created an OCX control in Visual Basic 6. It's basically two VB controls in one with some added features. I have been using it in a CDialog class and dropped in the dialog. It works fine on a Win98 machine but when installed on a WinXP machine the dialog is not displayed. Nothing happens! The control is registered on the XP machine. Thanks, Mark > Sometime ago I created an OCX control in Visual Basic 6. It's basically > two VB controls in one with some added features. I have been using it in > a CDialog class and dropped in the dialog. It works fine on a Win...

notice->There is a problem with this website's security certificat
I got a new Toshiba which came with Vista and IE7, I have both of the following in my trusted sites yet when I log into my work site (a DOD site) it still says the above notice, when i click on -continue (not recommended)- it goes to the site. When I'm on the site and want to check my email, I click on the email icon and get the same notice-problem with websites security, when I click on continue it just keeps reappearing and does not go to the email, even though I have the email web address in my trusted site. Can anyone tell me what I can do to stop this. (I get on to bot these si...

Pdf problem
I'm trying to print an Excel file to Acrobat Distiller or PDF writer, and I'm having a problem I haven't encountered before. I select File>Print>Entire Workbook, and it asks for a save location (as it should). I browse to me location, and click OK, then it prints the first few tabs to a pdf file, then prompts me to save again. My 42 page Excel file ends up printed to 7 or 8 different pdf files. Does the page set up have to be exactly the same for each worksheet to be able to print to one file? Thanks for any suggestions. Daniel ...