manipulating a .rc file #3

Hi All,

I am trying to manipulate the unicode strings in a .rc file
programatically.
For example, if I want to read the .rc file, and then read the strings
and then manipulate them.

In .NET there is support using the ResXResourceReader/Writer for the
..ResX files, but nothing for .rc files. Is there any similar way in
..NET or Win32 to work with .rc files??

Thanks in advance!

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Running an excel file with macros in browser.
I have an excel file sitting on the server that users on the intra net access through the browser. Once the user has run the macros and closes all windows, EXCEL.EXE still shows up in the task manager. If you close it, it will ask if you want to save changes to the file. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix this? Are you running XL through automation? If so, it is your responsibility to close (save, if necessary) any workbooks, quit XL and set the automation variable to nothing. If you are doing that, then, sometimes this happens because there are unqualified referenc...

Office file are slow to open?
Hello, A common problem we are having at work is that when a user double clicks to open an Office file (e.g. an Access db or Word doc) there is a significant delay. The files open quickly by opening your Office application and browsing to the file, but when you double click on the file icon in explorer it takes at least 2 minutes? Does anyone know why this might happen? Thank you. Version you are using? Also, are you sure it isn't Excel as opposed to Access? Flyingrat wrote: > Hello, > > A common problem we are having at work is that when a user do...

Font manipulation
Hello. I'm curious I can change apperance in chat window. Like the background of the tab of my messages and different background of the tab of the different user. I don't mean the background of the text. And is there any way of increace the spacing of lines between them? The lines are really near... For more understanding: I wish to control it somewhere with like a css command "Padding" or "margin". Like ..text_me { font color: gold; font size: 1.5em; padding: 4px; } ..text_others { font color: black; padding: 4px } I think y...

Opening jpg files
I made a card in Publisher with 3 photos on it; saved it as jpg interchangeable, but, when I go to FILE>OPEN, I cannot access it. It's not there. I have to open a blank page and go to INSERT and pull it from another file KMBD wrote: > I made a card in Publisher with 3 photos on it; saved it as jpg > interchangeable, but, when I go to FILE>OPEN, I cannot access it. > It's not there. I have to open a blank page and go to INSERT and pull > it from another file ======================================== The only file format you can 'open' in Publisher is .pub. ...

Field Service #3
Hi all Has anybody had this problem in field service. 1) I create a couple of new service calls 2) I add parts to them 3) I then go to inventory requirements and mark p = po and c = consolidate then create PO It is important to note that I am purchasing from the same supplier. In the next screen I make sure that the first record is not marked for consolidation and the rest are ( which means the firts record should create a new PO and the rest should add lines to the PO. However this is not the case Field service will at random create all as new po's or next time round will create 2 new...

date #3
I need that on one of my cell in the spreedsheet ,will show the creation date of the file and i am not talking about a function that will show the date of when i opened the file. Does someone know? Good evening Shira Is a macro acceptable. This will place the creation date in cell A1. Sub Test() Range("A1").Value = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Creatio Date").Value End Sub HTH Dominic -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid...

reduce file sizes on MS Office 2007 Excel files?
Previous versions of Excel I was able to copy the sheets with charts to separate file and then save. This works in 2007 however intermittently it will change the horizontal axis and reduce the amount of data that is presented in the chart. I've not been able to determine how to copy a chart page to another file without this occurring (more often than not). The charts are created using Pivot tables that were created from ODBC queries. Well, let's look at it another way. How about making a copy of the workbook, then deleting the sheets you don't want to copy. - Jon ------- J...

Insert File
Is there a way to set a default folder location (other than My Documents) that Oulook goes to when Insert File is selected? ...

Can we backup database with batch file ?
There is a request to create a batch file to backup a database in SQL Server 2005 (In addition to database backup in maintenance plan). Besides, in database maintenance plan, we have set up a clean up task to clear database backup older than 1 week. If we would like to keep the manual (batch file) backup, does it mean that the batch SQL Server database backup file should be located in a different place ? Thanks Patrick Why with batch? If you want to copy/keep your backup , take a look into MIRROR clause along with BACKUP command I would prefer to keep a copy of backup f...

XML 2004 just 3 weeks away -- view program updates -- reserve room -- register today
XML 2004 Conference & Exposition –“From Syntax to Solutions” November 15-19, 2004 – Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, Washington, D.C. http://www.xmlconference.org XML 2004 is just 3 weeks away. The largest continuously running, independently organized XML conference, XML 2004 is produced by IDEAlliance http://www.idealliance.org and partnered by other industry and standards –making organizations, such as OASIS, W3C, WS-I, NISO, DISA, and LISA. XML 2004 taking place November 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. offers over 140 presentations, 30+ exhibitors, to...

undelete #3
You all must have wanted to do it... Is there any way to undelete emails that have been fdeleted from the deleted folder. Not unless you're using a Exchange Server with the recovery option available "John Wood" <j.wood@efc.co.uk> wrote in message news:ujqfHoHjFHA.1480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > You all must have wanted to do it... > Is there any way to undelete emails that have been fdeleted from the > deleted folder. John Wood <j.wood@efc.co.uk> wrote: > You all must have wanted to do it... > Is there any way to undelete emails that have be...

VBA Import from Access using ODBC
I am trying to import from Access using ODBC - then I want to basically concatenate two of the columns. If I run my macro it actually runs the concatenate part first, then brings in the odbc information. If I put a pause or step through it - it works no problem. Code is provided.. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance... dc With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:=Array(Array( _ "ODBC;DSN=MS Access Database;DBQ=" & fileandpath & ";DefaultDir=" & spath & "; DriverId=281;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize =2048; PageTimeout =5;")), Dest...

Hour manipulation
i have a file download that shows hours worked for employees in th following format 72:09:50(hh:mm:ss). The problem is this, the data i displayed in that format but in the formula bar it shows the data a 1/3/1900 12:09:50 AM. Because of this, I can not manipulate the data How can I, in essence, make the data a string or some state in whic it is not recognized as a date and time. I have tried copying the dat and pasting it as a value, one hundred different formatting tries, an everything else I can think of. pls hl -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Redwings, this will tur...

Picture inserted from file cannot be aligned

Excel VBA
Hi, How to import text file to Excel worksheet using VB? Can I use a for menu to execute this process? Please give me some ideas of doing it. have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks! AN -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >>How to import text file to Excel worksheet using VB? Record a macro as you do it manually with File, Open. Pick the appropriate file type from the drop down. That will give you a good start. >>Can I use a form menu to execute this process? form menu? No such thing. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "annsmjarm >" <<an...

Files no longer saving to drafts folder
Hello In the past when I would save an unsent e-mail it would go to my draft folder. Now when I save it open up a dialog box to save the file to regular folder. I tried using the switch resetfolders but it still doe the same thing. When I look at the save preferences it it is pointin to my SD card reader? I see no option to point back to my Drafts folde on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance trans_lu ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Manipulating shapes
I have on a worksheet 3 autoshapes as follows: 1 UpArrow 1 DownArrow 1 LeftToRightArrow What I want to do is show one of these shapes (make it visible) when the value in a particuler cell reaches a certain point e.g. Value < 50 DownArrow Value = 50 LeftToRightArrow Value > 50 UpArrow I want this shape to be linked to a report in word (cell in a table), rather like you would with a chart. When the values in the worksheet change, the chart in the word document is updated and the appropriate 'Arrow' is shown in the corresponging table cell. Any help would be much appreciated....

Export to Formatted Text (.prn) file truncates data
When I save the excel file as PRN file (text file) the data is truncated on the right. Not all the columns are being exported. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks First, excellent choice in names and initials! You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet): I'd either concatenate the cell values into another column: =LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",5),5) & LEFT(B1&REPT(" ",4),4) & TEXT(C1,"000,000.00") (You'll have to modify it to match what you want.) Then I'd copy and paste to notepad and save from there. Once...

Sharing .MDB file in Vista..
For our project at work, we have had an Access Database developed for multiple users. It's split into a "front end" and "back end" as described previously in many of the threads in this newsgroup. The "back end" is hosted centrally on an external hard drive attached to our workgroup - Western Digital MyBook World Ed. We have been having issues with poor performance, and so decided to migrate the "Back End" to a shared folder hosted on a spare Vista PC. (3/4 of the machines connecting to this DB are Vista, 1/4 are XP) However, I've set t...

How to convert an Excel file to CSV File
IS there anyway to convert an excel file into comma delimited file - I used the Save as and CSV file format, but that didnt help much. Any other options/ways we can do this. Thanks, Damu "Damu"... > IS there anyway to convert an excel file into comma delimited file - I > used the Save as and CSV file format, but that didnt help much. hi Damu, Worksforme, what did it do instead for you. If you view it in Excel it is going to look like nothing changed. View the created .csv file with Notepad such as right click on the file from Explorer (File Manager) and View with No...

Browsing Local Files
Hi everyone, I have Outlook 2003. I'd like to be able to browse my local file folders, through Outlook, on the left hand "folder" area. Essentially, I'd like to be able to drag and drop my e-mail into folder on my hard drive. Can anyone share with the group how to do this? Thnak you in advance! Manta This function has been removed in Outlook 2003. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After s...

CDialog #3
I would like in runtime to change (only) height. How? I tought about SetWindowsPos(), but don't know how to get current height and width to be able do this: height = height + 100. Petar Popara wrote: > I would like in runtime to change (only) height. How? I tought about > SetWindowsPos(), but don't know how to get current height and width to be > able do this: height = height + 100. > > CRect r; GetWindowRect(&r); ScreenToClient(&r); r.top += 100; MoveWindow(&r); -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > I would like in runtime to chang...

Importing HHT Text files
We used to use Quicksell 2000 and a Unitech hand-held scanner in order to input new inventory into the system. The unitech scanner would upload a comma-delimited text file, and then we'd import this text file into QS2000. I can't find a way to do this in RMS-Store Operations.. From what I can see, the only time I can import the unitech's text file is when doing a "Physical Inventory". Unfortunately.. the Physical Inventory form doesn't allow you to ADD counts to current "on-hand" amounts. (Ex., if you have 6 chocolate bars in your inventory.. and you ...

Lock my Excel file
Hello, I have created a spreadsheet that I would like to have saved and locked, so that when a person attempts to access this file they would need a password. How do you advise? Lisa Hi in the save as dialog unter 'Tools' you can define a password for your file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:385301c48f7b$560df080$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have created a spreadsheet that I would like to have > saved and locked, so that when a person attempts to access > thi...

Log file
Where do i find my log files? On an NT based system: go to start, run, type eventvwr, then hit enter. There you'll see the application, system, and security logs. >-----Original Message----- >Where do i find my log files? >. > ...