I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view.  While I'm in the
view portion I need to track the actions taken individually and
separately for each view.  So when when I click on view one I track
that in a separate place than view two.

I there a unique id or index for each view?  Something like
m_pDocument->ID?

Thank you,

Joshua

0
jtfaulk (23)
3/17/2005 6:56:20 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

<jtfaulk@eudoramail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using the standard mfc mainform with a doc/view.  While I'm in the
> view portion I need to track the actions taken individually and
> separately for each view.  So when when I click on view one I track
> that in a separate place than view two.
>
> I there a unique id or index for each view?  Something like
> m_pDocument->ID?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Joshua

You can use GetDlgCtrlID() from the CMDIChildWnd which will return a unique
id for open views or you can roll your own...

--
============
Frank Hickman

continious page nos while inserting pages from 2nd doc to 1st doc
i have 3 pages template in 2nd page from macro i am inserting file doc2 where bookmarks are there for i=0 to 2 Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToSection, Which:=wdGoToLast Selection.MoveUp Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1 Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakContinuous Selection.InsertFile Filename:=mstrTemplatePath, Range:="mtaLoop", ConfirmConversions:=False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False For Each frmfld In ActiveDocument.FormFields Select Case frmfld.Name Case "mta070" ...

Machine ID
Hi to all, How do i get machine id (any api or function ) ? Kind Regards Generally, this question is the start of a "I want to lock the software to a particular machine" string of questions. "machine ID" is such an irrelevant consideration in this regard (either it can be trivially spoofed or it will give the wrong answer to legitimate users) that the standard advice is that if you want to some form of copy protection, the correct, and ONLY correct, solution, is to buy a copy-protection package, preferably one that uses an external USB key. Otherwise, you are about to ...

Viewing different worksheets at the same time?
I was just wondering if it's at all possible to view different worksheets from one workbook at the same time. I got to thinking about this because you can split the view so that you can view different parts of one worksheet at the same time (dragging that little bar at the end of the scroll-bars). I'm currently having to create a load of links between two sheets withing a workbook and it would be so much easier if you could have both sheets on display at once. So, is this possible? Cheers, Rob -- Rob_T ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rob_...

html docs to publisher docs
I have managed to delete the publisher file, but have the index and index_files. Is there a way I can reverse engineer these html files to the original publisher file? At the end of this article you will find a way to reconstruct your Publisher file from your web files: Common Sense Computing 101 aka "Why in the world would you lose your publisher file?" : http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/19/81461.aspx In the future, please post your web related questions in the web group and we will try to help you there: microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign DavidF "w...

Using custom fields for better email list view.
Hello. I get lots of letters with the same title. I want to group them by topic and sort on the number of letters in the group. I know that I can do this using custom fields but I do not know what query to use to get the number of letters the group. ...

m_pDocument
In a sample project of SDI, void CMyView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { CMyDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); ... } And the GetDocument() member function is defined: inline CMyDoc* CMyView::GetDocument() { return (CMyDoc*)m_pDocument; } My first question is where is the CMyDoc object instantiated? What I found is the code: CSingleDocTemplate* pDocTemplate; pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyDoc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainFrame), // main SDI frame window RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyView)); Then what's the RUNTIME_CLASS doing here? Is this the normal way ...

View XML log with autofilters
I have a spreadsheet which generates a logfile. The logfile is in XHTML. The spreadsheet also has a macro which opens the logfile for viewing: it opens it as an excel workbook, and turns autofiltering on for the various columns in the log (date, user, action, etc..). This is very useful. However, the log is growing large rapidly, and excel can only handle 65535 rows (right?), so I have a problem. One solution would be to split the log into a new file every month. The problem with this is that it would reduce the functionality of the autofilters, since you would have to load the correct log...

Extending views to related entities data
Hello, We need to be able to display in views all related entities datas, and cascading related entities (parent relation), may be using a syntaxe like related_entity.attribute_name or related_entity.related_entity.attribute name, just as we do in dotnet datasets displayed in datagrids columns. Thanks CS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the ...

How do I combine multiple org chart files into one Visio doc?
I want to take 9 individual Visio org chart files and combine them into one file for saving them all together as web page. New to Visio and just need a little help. Thanks. Steve Select everything on a page and then Copy / Paste it to a blank page in your other document. There really isn't a fancier way to do it. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "NC_Steve" <NCSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDE97552-E194-4EA5-B8CE-AEE8DD440D0B@microsoft.com... >I...

How do I change a data label on an xy scatter to a unique name as.
The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? Hi, Try one of these free addin to link cells to data labels. This way you can have a single data series rather than multiples. Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com Cheers Andy SOSCIENT wrote: > The only way I have figured out is to create a separate series for each data > point, which is tedious for 100+ points...any ideas? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andyp...

Sending Doc with Track Changes
How do I send a document in Final form so that edits aren't visible, if I haven't yet accepted the changes? No matter how I save the doc (as final, with show markup options deselected) the edits are always visible. Kimberly That depends entirely on the settings of the receiving computer. But unless you've changed something way down in the Trust Center, you'll see the same behavior on your own computer -- when you open a file that was last saved as Final, it will open as Final Showing Markup. On Jan 13, 3:57=A0pm, olliesf <olli...@discussions.microsoft.com&...

continious page nos while inserting pages from 2nd doc to 1st doc
i have 3 pages template in 2nd page from macro i am inserting file doc2 where bookmarks are there for i=0 to 2 Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToSection, Which:=wdGoToLast Selection.MoveUp Unit:=wdLine, Count:=1 Selection.InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakContinuous Selection.InsertFile Filename:=mstrTemplatePath, Range:="mtaLoop", ConfirmConversions:=False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False For Each frmfld In ActiveDocument.FormFields Select Case frmfld.Name Case "mta0...

Blank text with Visio chart copied to Word doc
I am creating a series of flowcharts in Visio 2003 and copying these into a Word 2002 document. Using a straight copy and paste function this appears to work for all diagrams, (15 of them), and in Words' print preview the document looks fine, however when printing (to a few different printers) all of the text on some of the flowcharts is missing (or I suspect is printing as white text on a white background as I can see in some cases where the text overlaps the surrounding shape outline). If I use 'paste special' / 'drawing' to get the diagram into Word then the flowcharts...

Printing Word docs from a button

Getting Cashier ID as 0 #2
I am getting cashier Id as 0 everytime ?? I am trying to display the Cashier Id on message box and everytime its displaying 0 Following is the code that I have used... It always goes to Else condition and displays 0.... Hook Type was 2 i.e TenderBegin Public Function Process(Optional mySession As Object) As Boolean Set mySession = CreateObject("QSRules.SessionClass") If mySession.Cashier.ID = 1 Then MsgBox (mySession.Cashier.FirstName) Else MsgBox ("Id is not know" & mySession.Cashier.ID) End If End Function Please He...

Excecute a word doc. & the macro with in it.
How can I have a xl macro run a word document? and when the word doc. is closed have it refresh it self From Excel: Set a reference to the Word object library Dim wdApp as Word.Application Dim wdDoc as Word.Document Set wdApp = New Word.Application Set wd.Doc = wdApp.Documents.Open("C:\My Path\Mydoc.doc") 'additional code goes here wdDoc.Save wdApp.Quit True ' save any changes to the Word document Set wdDoc = Nothing Set wdApp = Nothing ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages dir...

Doc& Settings
i am the only administrator of my wien xp sp3 noteboob. In my D & S folder y get 7 users with dif sizes (from48,6 MB to 9,02 GB) and different creation dates. Would like to know if, and which I can delete to recover space. Thanks beforehand. Much obliged Dimitry List them and someone will tell you. dimitry scharff wrote: > i am the only administrator of my wien xp sp3 noteboob. In my D & S folder y > get 7 users with dif sizes (from48,6 MB to 9,02 GB) and different creation > dates. Would like to know if, and which I can delete to recover space. > ...

Group Calendar
Good Morning all, I'm having a slight issue here that I cannot figure out. I've recently rolled out SBS and have a Calendar created in Public Folders that I want to use for a particular division. Pretty simple enough, I've already setup the permissions for the accounts as to who can view the calendar and edit/modify/delete entries from the calendar. No problems so far. Where it gets sticky is that within the division there are 3 smaller groups, and these groups should be able to see only specific entries within the calendar. For instance, subgroup 1 should have the abil...

Is there a way to do batch convertion from .xls fil to .doc file?
Hi all, I need to convert a thousands of files in .xls format into .doc format, retaining the original format as close as possible. Is there any alternate way to do this rather than copying and pasting it page by page? Do I need to use third party software to do this? If yes, any suggestion of what software did this best? Thanks in advance for any suggestion and help. Regards, Alvin See link below if it helps you. http://www.softinterface.com/Convert-XLS/Convert-XLS.htm Regards Jed "alvin" <alvin.lim@samsung.com> wrote in message news:91bc01c4333c$148f5a90$a101280a@...

Problem saving "view"
XP SP2, setting up Outlook 2002. I only plan on using Outlook for my calander and notes, email is not through OE. I have the view set up the way I want it (weekly calander, tasks and 2 month calander view) but I can not get it to "preserve this view. When I open outlook again, it defaults to a view I will not use. How can I preserve these settings? Thanks in advance Bob ...

View Z reports prior to batching to QB
Anyone have an idea on how to see what information is going over to QB prior to batching over. I would like to get a good idea of what is sent prior to batching over. Thought there was a way of viewing in word or notepad or something? Or even a report? Thanks! I think there is a report out on customersource that you can download that will do this for you. "JT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6a3701c52582$59787590$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone have an idea on how to see what information is > going over to QB prior to batching over. I ...

cannot view account detils in OUtlook2K
I think this may be to do with the software for my Belkin wifi card, but am not sure. It started at about the same time as the card was installed, but uninstalling the software and reinstalling office has not resolved the problem. Anyway, the problem is this: I go to tools/account, but the accounts window doesn't open. Weird huh? I'm running W2K and office2K SP3. Any ideas appreciated. Jo Did you try a new profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://w...

Item Transaction Inquiry by Date
When this window is accessed through Stock Count Entry by clicking the Trx History button, POP cost adjustments show up without a Doc Type. You cannot zoom back into this document by highlighting that grid line and then clicking on "Document Number", which you can for most other Doc Types. I would like to see this functionality added ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow th...

Frame, View, Crash
I have a frame & richview that crashes on a paste. This is old stuff and I haven't had a problem until latly. this is what my call stack looks like: gdi32.dll!77c72b1a() ... comctl32.dll!7197f85a() ... comctl32.dll!719b72dd() user32.dll!77d43a68() ntdll.dll!77fb4da6() user32.dll!77d4438c() About 25 of these... .... mfc71d.dll!AfxInternalPumpMessage() Line 188 C++ > mfc71d.dll!CWinThread::PumpMessage() Line 916 C++ This is in fact my app object. mfc71d.dll!CWinThread::Run() Line 637 + 0xb C++ .... It is an access error with the 0x00...0...

Adding a Cripped Microsoft Word Doc to another Microsoft Word Doc
I am trying to take a word doc that is cripped small and add to another word doc as a picture (add on). Thanks for your help. I assume you mean "cropped" but you can't crop a Word document. How did you crop it? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C67FF8F8-3FB8-41B2-870A-87F52688282B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to take a word doc that is cripped small and add to another >word > doc as a pi...