LVS_OWNERDATA VS Label edit

How to implement item label edit in virtual list ctrl?
I'v used SetItemText(...) in LVN_ENDLABELEDIT message handler, but got a
assertion.
Must I handle the label edit inside LVN_GETDISPINFO?

0
liysh (1)
11/9/2005 3:18:15 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:18:15 +0800, "liysh" <liysh@intertimes.com.cn> wrote:

>How to implement item label edit in virtual list ctrl?
>I'v used SetItemText(...) in LVN_ENDLABELEDIT message handler, but got a
>assertion.
>Must I handle the label edit inside LVN_GETDISPINFO?

It doesn't make sense to use SetItemText in a virtual listview, because the
listview doesn't contain any data, but instead presents a view of the data
you're holding in some data structure. So what you need to do is update
that data structure and refresh the listview as necessary using
InvalidateRect.

--
Doug Harrison
Visual C++ MVP

Exchange vs Sharepoint
Currently using GP 8.0. I will be purchasing a new HP DL380, 2.0, 8 Geg ram. I need to share Outlook calenders. I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). I have a small business and I do not need any of Sharepoint's "workflow" features. In relation to the new capabilities of GP version 10, what are the benefits of purchasing Exchange with out Sharepoint? Thank you. Your comment "I have no need for Exchange mail functions (I use a pop server). " sort of sums it up. That is what Exchange does, email. And if you have no use for Sharepoint...

Outlook preview vs normal mode
Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body of the email. When you click on an attachment the email goes into a preview mode of some kind, with a list of attachments and previews of the attachments, but you can't see the email text any more. Without closing the email and reopening it, how do you go back to the normal view? "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:e17bn91xKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007. When you open an email with attachments you can see the body > of the ...

Office2003 apps cannot be edited
Hi all, Our co. faces this issue in some mahcine. The apps (WORD / EXCEL) says the function is locked... What can we do? GC ...

mail labels
I have very carefully made a sheet divided into label sizes that I'd like to print, only to realize mail merge in Publisher can only handle one set of fields per sheet, as opposed to different records within the same sheet. Someone please tell me I'm wrong, as the process of getting the lineup of label margins was excruciating. If there is a way to access records and get them to print from top to right or top to bottom on a single page (continuing on subsequent pages with subsequent records, of course), then please speak now, so I am not back to square 1. Thanks. -- Boris M...

Outlook 2000 SP3
There has been so much hype about email worms/ viruses but I still don't understand everything I'd like to. When an email arrives in my Inbox, it will display in the preview pane as soon as I single click in the message header in the Header pane. My question is: Is that equivalent to opening the mail message and therefore launching whatever script/ executable is embedded in the body of the email? I'm concerned because any HTML type messages will instantly begin to render simply by single click and preview. Given concerns about HTML based spyware, worms, etc. I'm thinking the...

2003 vs 2007
I have a template that was created in 2003. Then I did a bunch of updates in 2007 but in compatible mode. In order to do the drop-downs, etc., in tables, I had to go back to 2003. Now, when I open the template in 2007, lots of features such as editing the header/footer are not available. Why is that? It appears that if I use 2003 to edit you can no longer use 2007 for full editing. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks, -- Barbara R If this is a protected form, you will find the form tools on Word 2007's Developer Tab (which is not displayed by default...

ISA Server 2004 vs Checkpoint with Exchange 2003
As we all know, MS now recommends installing a front-facing ISA Server and leaving your frontend on your internal network, rather than the old, less-secure method of putting a frontend in a DMZ. MS's big argument for ISA Server even when you have another firewall (e.g. a PIX) is stateful inspection. Checkpoint also offers stateful inspection and in fact pioneered it. Pricing aside -- say you already have Checkpoint Firewall or have a good relationship with them for pricing -- what would be the compelling reasons to choose ISA Server 2004 instead, or would there be any? I haven't been a...

Cost Variance posting in 7.5 vs 9.0
My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. When they do a PO shipment receipt for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments printed on the journal but had to be made manually in GL. Is this new functionalty in 9.0? Is there a way to turn off posting to GL just for cost variances? Thanks! This is a new feature in version 9.0. One of the weaknesses of GP 8.0 and lower was the calculation of average costs in inventory. As you know, the average cost of an item will change when inventory is rec...

Y-axis label problem in chart
I created a stacked bar chart in a report. The y-axis label is "Tons", and it displayed fine when I previewed the report at home. I then loaded the database on a desktop at work and when the same report is previewed, the "s" in "Tons" is cut off. I can't find any way to fix this. It must be a function of the default printer, but I have no idea how it would affect the report in such a strange way. Any ideas? ...

Budget vs. Cash Flow
Hi, Thanks for taking time to review my question (and it might be a stupid one). I'm using (just installed for the first time) MS Money 2004 Premium. It seems Budget and Cash Flow are duking it out, and Cash Flow is winning. What I mean is to ask is, is it possible to create a budget that balances out fine according to one's income, yet Cash Flow shows that the sum of flow will gradually go farther and farther into the red every month? Or, is it that the Cash Flow is independant, and I have to tell it that everything is going to be alright? Btw, I've already setup reoccuring deposi...

Editing multiple cells at the same time
Example: Column A contains a list of numbers 5, 10, 15 and 20 in cells 1-4 In A6 i write =(A1) then copy it down to A9 to repeat the sequence. Now, if I try to transpose the list all the values change. I would like to know how, if possible, can I change them all together making them absolute values so they would read =$A$1 =$A$2 =$A$3 =$A$4 without doing them 1 at a time. Use FIND/REPLACE Find: A Replace with: $A$ Replace All -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Darren" wrote: > Example: > Column A contains a list of numbers 5, 10, 15 and ...

Print Preview
Hi, I had posted this earlier. But no answer. I wish to request for help again. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I recently just tried to upgrade a VC++6.0 app to a VC++7.1 version (ie. Net). I found one difference in the Print Preview. In 6.0, the print preview fills up the whole app, i.e it fills up the MDI main frame window. But when I ported my app to 7.1, it fills up the MDI Child frame instead. Now I did a search and it seemst hat microsoft has been changing this behavior back and forth since V4.x onwards. I al...

2003 vs previous version
Hi, I use MSNStockQuote functions in 2002 version. Now, it seems no longer exists in 2003. I can use the smart tags, but it works entirely differently. Wonder if anyone knows if I am missing something or MS does it again, like the new ASP.net does not back support ASP...! -- thanks in advance for your input, EM I don't have 2003 but it might help to do a windows find on *iqy to see where they are in 2002 and in 2003. Copy over or download? I really don't know if this will help but it's what I would try. BTW, I use Yahoo and download quotes with an query instead of the iq...

In Excel how do I label the axis of a chart with 2 sets of labels
I wish to put two labels on a chart say a time function together with a quantity function against the same axis (usually x). I run Excel 2003 If you plot two series You can select one of them and change the axis to secondary. In chart options you can then modify the Y axies as needed. "Alan" wrote: > I wish to put two labels on a chart say a time function together with a > quantity function against the same axis (usually x). > I run Excel 2003 If it's a category axis, put the two sets of labels into adjacent columns (or rows), select the chart and choose Source D...

chart labels?
I am looking for a way to keep from losing characters when aligning y-axis labels vertically. If I reduce the font size, it will often allow, but then the chart looks bad. One option would be to replace the chart generated Y-axis labels with text boxes. Text boxes allow you greater control over the size. ---------------------------- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "X Charter" wrote: > I am looking for a way to keep from losing characters when aligning y-axis > labels vertically. If I reduce the font size, it will often allow, but then > the chart...

CRM 3.0 Units vs Teams vs Territories Which to Use
We recently certified on CRM 3.0 and now have a major debate going on as to what should be defined as a Business Unit, Territory or Team or even Site. For example, we have two offices: east (also Head Office) and west. We have a large sales group in the East office and groups of service staff: consulting, professional, technical, infrastructure, training as wel as Coporate (Finance,HR, Admin). We are a major IT Reseller and service provider. It has been suggested that teams should be more temporary or smaller sections of units. Any advice on what should be a business unit: just...

publisher, wrong edition?
im trying to open a file i made in publisher at college but when i try and open it at home off my pen drive its saying i can open the file from another version, is there anything i can do? At college, save the file in the version of Publisher you have at home. -- Don Vancouver, USA "jessica" <jessica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7222AD16-3FE4-447C-B239-FB4A48E1DF1A@microsoft.com... > im trying to open a file i made in publisher at college but when i try and > open it at home off my pen drive its saying i can open the file from > another &g...

Contacts vs Addressbook
Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are synchronized. I need to be able to have Contacts contain phone information for my Palm download and Address Book contain e-mail addresses. HOW can I make the distinction??? Thanks.................Dr Bob this is going to be more of a concern through your PDA sync software as opposed to actual Outlook... i.s. >-----Original Message----- >Running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2000. > >It "appears" that Contacts and Addressbook are >synchronized. I ...

How to Edit the text in a Regarding Object hyperlink
First of all, I am suspecting that it is something that can be customized through the SDK, and supported. In Dealing with entity views though in general (which is the root of my question), why doesn't the regarding object hyperlink text include the entity name in the text? For example, let's say I have an phone call activity associated with an Opportunity. I also have a variety of other activities associated with other entities. In the activity views (associated or from workplace), the 'Regarding' column only shows the title of the regarding entity. As a user (I am a...

Problem with VS.Net Class View
Hello All I am working on a relatively large application suite consisting of around 20 VC++ Projects. We have created a solution and added all the projects to it. I am facing problems while using auto hide feature of VS.Net 2003 Class View. Every other tab like solution explorer etc are working fine but the class view takes a lot of time to display. Auto hide is a very cool feature but because of the time delay in loading the class view i can not use it properly (it takes a lot of time to parse the classes being diaplyed). Has any one faced this problem and is there any solution availabl...

WLM vs Hotmail
I posted a question a few days ago about WLMD and got a reply which included the mention of the D having been dropped some time ago which begs the question how does one tell the versions? Or, maybe I'm mistaken but when I go online and log into my ID, it's listed as Windows Live Mail. I had thought the former Hotmail and MSN mail were being merged into the new Live Mail but if the desktop version is also Windows Live Mail, I must be mistaken. Hotmail, MSN Mail, etc were created originally as web-based mail services. Traditionally, a subscriber would use a web-browser...

VS 2005 vs VS 2002
Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the problem that we are running on XP? > Is it worth upgrading to VS.net 2005 from our VS.net 2002 Enterprise? > > All we can seem to get into 2002 are monochrome, 16 colour and 256 colour > icons. So can 2005 handle Vista icons with alpha channel colours? Or is the > problem that we are running on XP? I dont have any idea about the specific issue you wrote. ...

How do I print mailing labels?
Excel does not give the optin of printing labels like Word. I need to print 804 labels from a mailing list set up in Excel. I know it can be done, but I am just having a hard time figuring this out. Can someone help? Please? Use Word. It's called "mail merge". Here's how: http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm#MailMerge **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ www.Brainbench.com Word Test Developer 2000,2002,2003 ******************************** "Desperately seeking an answer" <Desperately seeki...

editing in word and then going back to publisher
I have publisher 2007 open, want to edit a document that is already in it (originally a word 2000) doc. I selected Edit in Word and then edited the file in word 2000. When I go back to publisher, the text box the doc was in is grayed out and I cannot figure out how to reinsert the doc. Can anyone help? Thank you. IN addition, I cannot do anything in this text box now. I hit undo in publisher to undo the word edits, but it will not allow me to do anything in the grayed out text box and does not show the text that was originally there. "lindalou" wrote: > I have publisher 2...

Data Labels on a Range of Values
I am working in a scatter plot and want to label specific data points. I know I can specify a data point label for ranges about a certain value like this formatting: [>5]"high"; What do I do if I want to make the "high" labeled with the Y axis value? So anything over 5 would be labeled with its own Y value. "Pablo" wrote in message news:9d206c12-9195-4e03-81cc-a6da14bd41d8@h12g2000pro.googlegroups.com... >I am working in a scatter plot and want to label specific data points. > I know I can specify a data point label for ranges about a certain > v...