LVS_OWNERDATA and LVM_ENABLEGROUPVIEW Not Compatible???

Hi,

I have a list-view control that is working with groups quite well.  However,
when I turn on the LVS_OWNERDATA style, I can get everything working again
BUT the groups.  Does anyone know if this is unsupported?  Can this be done?
Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Anthony

0
tony6538 (3)
12/31/2003 7:07:35 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

NM_CUSTOMDRAW and LVS_OWNERDATA
Hi all, I have a question: I am using a virtual list control (LVS_OWNERDATA), and trying to handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW message to draw something custom in one of the columns -- problem is, the NM_CUSTOMDRAW message only gets fired once for each item, rather than once for each column. Anyone know how to work around this? Thanks :) Casey This is normal behavior, you will need to draw the entire row when processing the NM_CUSTOMDRAW message. -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ "Casey Langen" <avatar5d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:yQQnb.17925$vi6.1...

How to fix Compatibility error
I have a WB created and saved in Excel 2003 format. I use and edit the file in Excel 2007 in compatibility mode at times. I need to keep it in 2003 format because some users are still on Excel 2003 and some are on 2007. The WS are protected and have formulas and complex formatting and macros in the WB. Sometimes in 2007, when I save it I get the Compatibilty error report that points to certain cells ranges on the worksheets with this message: This workbook contains data in cells outside of the row and column limit of the selected file format. Data beyond 256 (IV) columns by 65,...

Compatibility Mode error w/ Defined Names
I can't quite figure why I'm getting this error. I have two workbook templates called 'Budgets' and 'Accounts'. 'Budgets' has worksheets: 'Lists' and 'Budget Template'. Accounts has WS: 'Lists' and 'Account Template' I have a macro in 'Accounts' WB that checks if 'Lists' in Budget WB is newer and if so, deletes 'Lists' and copies 'Lists' from the 'Budget' workbook. The hitch is that when I save the file after the copy I get the following: ------------------------ Compatibility ...

Compatibility View
Ever since updating to IE8 I have been confounded by the Compatibility View "feature". The most atrocious example was just this morning when my blogging was interrupted to refresh the page into compatibility view not once, but twice, several minutes apart; a page which had several photos and took forever to load on dialup. I should also mention that the website this most often occurs on is a modern, popular, state-of-the-art enterprise and after the supposed "change" via CV the page is exactly as it was prior to the refresh. Is there a way to disable CV and i...

List View style LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES | LVS_OWNERDATA
LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES does not seem to work in combination with LVS_OWNERDATA. How can i fix that? ...

How to change .pub to make compatible with vistaprint
I am trying to upload a bus card to vistaprint and it doesn't accept ".pub". I need jpeg,png, wmf, etc. How do I convert it??? dee wrote: > I am trying to upload a bus card to vistaprint and it doesn't accept ".pub". > I need jpeg,png, wmf, etc. How do I convert it??? Does "etc" include "pdf"? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Save your layout as a .tiff: Select the entire image you want, put your cursor on a corner handle (cursor is finicky here...have it outside the selection) right click and Save Pi...

Backwards compatible
I would like to take the Money 2006 DEluxe test drive but am I locked into it. How do I revert back to my current 2005 version if I am not pleased with the changes to the program. Is that possible? Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, GregM wrote: >I would like to take the Money 2006 DEluxe test drive but am I locked into >it. How do I revert back to my current 2005 version if I am not pleased with >the changes to the program. Is that possible? Thanks in advance. During the trial install, pay attention, and don't have Money 2006 uninstall your earlier version. ...

Compatibility #2
Are files created with Publisher 98 compatible with newer versions of Publisher? Chuck Le Mieux wrote: > Are files created with Publisher 98 compatible with newer versions of > Publisher? Yes, provided they weren't originally created with the Publisher 98 Beta. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ???? The original post asked if files created with Publisher 98 are compatible with newer versions. I guess this means no. Correct? "Ed Bennett" wrote: > Chuck Le Mieux wrote: > > Are files created with Publisher 98 compatible with newer v...

SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client backward-compatible to SQL 2005/2008??
We have several different SQL Server versions in our datacenter, with SQL Native Client 9.00.1399.06 on our Citrix servers. The above SQL Native Client goes with our Great Plains app client, it's possible we will have a new, higher-level SQL Native Client installed by another application client... Can different Native Clients exist on the same server, can newer Native Clients accommodate older SQL Server versions and applications??? Issues or 'gotchas' I should know about?? Thank you, Tom tom12010 (tlyczko@gmail.com) writes: > We have several different SQL Se...

Vista and Microsoft 2003 Compatibility Pack for 2007
I have Vista as an operating system, with Microsoft 2003. I want to download the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and Powerpoint file formats. I have done all the updates required. However, when I hit the download tab for the tool - I get the message that my "current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded". I have tried to lower my security settings (internet tools) - but I can't get it to work. Any suggestions? You might want to check your firewall settings, if you are using one other than the Windows one, check the set...

Which is bester , LVS_OWNERDATA or LPSTR_TEXTCALLBACK ?
Hello , everyone. I see two approach that make application maintain data rather than the control. 1) Use LVS_OWNERDATA style: m_list.Create(WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|LVS_REPORT|LVS_OWNERDATA,...); then handle the LVN_GETDISPINFO message. 2) NO LVS_OWNERDATA ! But set pszText member of LV_ITEM to LPSTR_TEXTCALLBACK, and handle LVN_GETDISPINFO message. like: LV_ITEM Item; Item.lParam = (LPARAM) pItem; // Store the pointer to the object Item.pszText = LPSTR_TEXTCALLBACK; // using callbacks to get the text Item.mask = LVIF_TEXT | LVIF_PARAM; // l...

Windows Firewall Backward Compatibility
I want to use firewall api in my XP to open certain ports. Would it work also in Windows Vista and in Windows 7? In other words do newer Windows firewalls api support backward compatibility? Regards James James wrote: > I want to use firewall api in my XP to open certain ports. Would it work > also in Windows Vista and in Windows 7? > In other words do newer Windows firewalls api support backward > compatibility? They practically always do. It's extremely rare for Microsoft to disable previously supported API. But the best way to know for sure is ju...

Access/Excel 2002 compatibility issue
Apparently, when one has database in Access 2002 for instance and a table for instance...with a cell that is formatted NUMBERS... a simple copy of that cell and than a paste into Excel 2002 will not preserve the number formating... it changes to GENERAL??? Yes, you can change it by right clicking it and setting it to number after the fact in Excel 2002... but it is a big deal if you forget and you have formulas involved??? Anyone know what's up... I appreciate the input Dano Numbers are rarely formatted between different systems. They are definitely not formatted between Access, Exce...

Backward compatibility
I have Visio 2003 at home and 2002 at work. My 2002 Visio will not open flowcharts created with 2003 even though I save them as a 2002 file. Why is this? ...

LVS_OWNERDATA and NM_CUSTOMDRAW with CListCtrl == slow?
Forgive me if this is a near duplicate post... anyway, I'm trying to use NM_CUSTOMDRAW to draw all the items manually in a virtual CListCtrl (a list control with LVS_OWNERDATA). The problem is that my method is very slow and sluggish feeling compared to the way windows does it, and I don't know why. Keeping in mind that NM_CUSTOMDRAW is only fired once per item, due to the LVS_OWERDATA style, rather than once per sub item, perhaps someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong? Heres the code: void CMusikPlaylistCtrl::OnLvnGetdispinfo(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) { NMLVDIS...

Compatibility Pack for Office 2007
This may be a stupid question, but... We are in the process of migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007. We had deployed the Compatibility Pack to all our Office 2003 users a year or more ago so they could read documents created outside our company. My question is... Is there any need or value to keep the Compatibility Pack installed after installing Office 2007? Thanks, Tom In article <OP$RtKsmKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Tom K wrote: > This may be a stupid question, but... > > We are in the process of migrating from Office 2003 to Office 200...

RE: NV_CUSTOMDRAW and LVS_OWNERDATA
This is normal behavior, you will need to draw the entire row when processing the NM_CUSTOMDRAW message. D0h. Thats the answer I was looking for :) Cheers! Casey ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ "Casey Langen" <avatar5d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:yQQnb.17925$vi6.10586@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com... > Hi all, I have a question: > > I am using a virtual list control (LVS_OWNERDATA), and trying to handle the NM_CUSTOMDRAW message to draw something custom in one of the columns -- problem is, the NM_CUSTOMDRAW message only gets fired once f...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 compatable?
I've installed windows 7 that I bought with my dell back in Nov. 2009, and since installing the windows 7, I can't seem to retreive my email through outlook. I can retreive my emails from the same email accounts from my other computer that has outlook 2007 and a different version of windows, and they both have the same sittings, or did before the installation on this pc. Now when I click send/recieve I get the error msg. about pop and smtp account. They have the correct settings as before and even reinstated them in outlook after having this issue, but still can't ...

Compatibility Mode settings in Advanced Word Options
I set the 'Compatibility options for:' to All New Documents and the 'Lay out this document as if created in:' to Microsoft office Word 2007. I close and relaunch MS Word, and it comes up in Compaitbility Mode and the Advanced Word Options are back to the default settings. What am I doing wrong? Have you been into Word > Options > Save tab and set the 'Save files in this format' option to Word Document (*.dotx)? That's Alt+F, I, S and the very first option. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "OU81259" <OU81259@discussions.micros...

backward compatibility in Vista
I have been programming on XP machines, using C++ 6.0. Now I am moving to a Vista pc in order to work out issues in my code that have arisen in Vista. Can I assume that smooth running in Vista will mean the same for XP users? I hope I don't have to program separately for the two platforms. For the most part, a C++ app running well on Vista will probably work fine on XP. That said, I think it's a little dangerous to assume that. The biggest hassle is which themes and dialog styles you are using. Why there isn't an easy way to just have the app use the latest UI features e...

Analysis Cubes client install compatibility with Webhouse client.
I'm concerned that that installing the SQL 2005 Analysis Cubes client will cause issues with a Webhouse client the customer is currently using in production. Does anyone have any experience running them side by side on a client? ...

LVS_OWNERDATA and LVM_ENABLEGROUPVIEW Not Compatible???
Hi, I have a list-view control that is working with groups quite well. However, when I turn on the LVS_OWNERDATA style, I can get everything working again BUT the groups. Does anyone know if this is unsupported? Can this be done? Any thoughts? Thanks, Anthony ...

Compatibility Pack for 2007 Office System
I have downloaded the Compatibiity Pack so that I can read Word & Excel 2007 files sent to my 2003 Office System, but I still can't open them. What can I do? Did you comply with the installation instructions (especially item #1)? /quote Instructions To install this download: 1. Ensure your system is up to date by installing all High-Priority/Required updates on Microsoft Update (required for Microsoft Office XP and 2003 users). 2. After installing all High-Priority/Required updates with Microsoft Update, download the Compatibility Pack by clicking the Down...

Outlook 2002 MS Mail compatible?
I recently purchased two new computers for our office with Windows XP and MS Office Professional. Cannot connect to interoffice e-mail with systems because Oulook 2002 no longer supports MS Mail (according to MS article 287765). Article offers no fix or solution. Any ideas how I can include these machines on any interoffice mail service?? Network is Win NT 4, most machines in office Win98 or Win2k. Thank you, ...

Access 97 & 2000 Compatibility
Is there any way to use a 2000 database with the 97 version?? The machine I am working on has Access 97, but I need to work with a database that is an Access 2000 database. Is this possible, or is my only option to upgrade to 2000? Sorry, Access 97 cannot open an Access 2000 database. If you need to work on Access 2000 databases only intermittently, say if a client or co-worker sent it to you, ask them to convert it to Access 97 before sending. -- Cheryl Fischer, MVP Microsoft Access <mpotrawski@newarkinone.com> wrote in message news:12bda01c44335$6d362850$a601280a@phx.gbl......