Lunch the application after login page and before desktop !!!

Hi,

  Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and
before desktop?  I know one way to add the entry in Runoncekey.  I
want this application to run every time the user log in.  Couple of
problem with Runoncekey....
1.  This key is meant to use just for one time application
2.  User can use cntr+alt+del and cancel the application.

I want this application to stay there till user hits "OK" and then
show the desktop.  There shouldn't be another way for him to skip this
application.
Can anybody help?

Thanks
Trupti
0
7/2/2008 5:41:36 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

20 Replies
546 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

Not possible. The only way you can do it is by changing the default 
shell application, which is by default the windows explorer. It's the 
shell application which is responsible for showing the taskbar/system 
tray and respond to system events.

I hope you don't intend to do that!

-- 
Regards,
Ashutosh Bhawasinka
[discussion@ashutosh.in]
MCSA - Messaging,
MCTS - .Net Windows Apps
0
7/2/2008 9:00:55 AM
On 2 jul, 07:41, Trups <Samant.Tru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> =A0 Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and
> before desktop? =A0I know one way to add the entry in Runoncekey. =A0I
> want this application to run every time the user log in. =A0Couple of
> problem with Runoncekey....
> 1. =A0This key is meant to use just for one time application
> 2. =A0User can use cntr+alt+del and cancel the application.
>
> I want this application to stay there till user hits "OK" and then
> show the desktop. =A0There shouldn't be another way for him to skip this
> application.
> Can anybody help?
>
> Thanks
> Trupti

What you try to do sounds like running straight into trouble.
Maybe you should explain the problem, what you are trying to do,
rather than asking for help on how to implement the "solution" you
have come up to.
0
mikel.luri (90)
7/2/2008 9:35:21 AM
Ok.. Here is what I have to do....
I have to design an application which launches a daily updates of the
company when employee log's in.
The condition is employee should log in but they have to read this
updates before they resume for their daily activities.
That is they have to finish reading updates and the press "OK" to see
their desktop.

Mikel:  It did not understand when you wrote: =93What you try to do
sounds like running straight into trouble."  Can you please explain?
          What is wrong with adding the application in RunOnceKey?


0
7/2/2008 10:53:25 AM
On 2 jul, 12:53, Trups <Samant.Tru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok.. Here is what I have to do....
> I have to design an application which launches a daily updates of the
> company when employee log's in.
> The condition is employee should log in but they have to read this
> updates before they resume for their daily activities.
> That is they have to finish reading updates and the press "OK" to see
> their desktop.
>
> Mikel: =A0It did not understand when you wrote: =93What you try to do
> sounds like running straight into trouble." =A0Can you please explain?
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 What is wrong with adding the application in RunOnceK=
ey?

Well, I was only thinking that locking the desktop loading process
until the user did some action was risky. I'm really not an expert,
but it seemed to me that it could be both difficult and dangerous. And
the problem with adding the application in RunOnceKey is that it
doesn't seem, as you have said in the original post, to do what you
want.

Focusing again in your problem, I think that at work, when I hit CTRL
+ALT+DEL, before the user/password dialog appears, I see a dialog with
a "Welcome to the [company name] network [...]". And I have to click
OK before inserting the user and password. It seems like an
appropriate place to show the updates you mention, if that dialog is
customizable.
0
mikel.luri (90)
7/2/2008 11:13:58 AM
Trups wrote:
> Hi,
> 
>   Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and
> before desktop?  

When I was running Win98, I usually had time for lunch between logging 
in and seeing the desktop display :-))
0
nothanks5518 (121)
7/2/2008 12:56:56 PM
This can't be done.  It is called "the login process" for a reason, and what you are
asking is impossible.  You cannot intercept, detect, or prevent Ctrl+Alt+Del, so there is
no point in even trying.

If you want a secondary loging, prior to Vista you would create a GINA DLL, and in Vista
and beyond there is a different mechanism that I have never looked into.  This technique
would fulfill both your requirements.
					joe

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 22:41:36 -0700 (PDT), Trups <Samant.Trupti@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>  Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and
>before desktop?  I know one way to add the entry in Runoncekey.  I
>want this application to run every time the user log in.  Couple of
>problem with Runoncekey....
>1.  This key is meant to use just for one time application
>2.  User can use cntr+alt+del and cancel the application.
>
>I want this application to stay there till user hits "OK" and then
>show the desktop.  There shouldn't be another way for him to skip this
>application.
>Can anybody help?
>
>Thanks
>Trupti
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
0
newcomer (15977)
7/2/2008 8:30:00 PM
It can't be made to happen.  What you have to do is have them confirm they have read the
updates.  This sounds like an offensive intrusion into a person's workflow, and a company
that envisions this as sensible has a number of serious emotional problems that in a human
being would result in forcible psychiatric commitment as a danger to society.

The intelligent approach used by rational people would be to simply launch a Web browser
with a particular URL that links to the update-of-the-day.  But this would assume the user
is intelligent.  So either the company hires idiots, or treats their employees as if they
are idiots, and this sounds like a company that is going to have serious problems of
survival.  (One advantage of being a programmer is that I would quickly figure out how to
disable any such nonsense, and mysteriously the techniques would appear on public bulletin
boards, slipped under people's doors, etc.)

The whole concept is offensive, but fortunately, it appears to be impossible to implement,
so we are saved from one more piece of corporate idiocy.
					joe

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 03:53:25 -0700 (PDT), Trups <Samant.Trupti@gmail.com> wrote:

>Ok.. Here is what I have to do....
>I have to design an application which launches a daily updates of the
>company when employee log's in.
>The condition is employee should log in but they have to read this
>updates before they resume for their daily activities.
>That is they have to finish reading updates and the press "OK" to see
>their desktop.
>
>Mikel:  It did not understand when you wrote: �What you try to do
>sounds like running straight into trouble."  Can you please explain?
>          What is wrong with adding the application in RunOnceKey?
>
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
0
newcomer (15977)
7/2/2008 8:36:15 PM
But now that we have Vista, we can prepare a six-course meal AND have time to wash up the
dishes afterwards...
					joe

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 07:56:56 -0500, BobF <nothanks@spamfree.world> wrote:

>Trups wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 
>>   Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and
>> before desktop?  
>
>When I was running Win98, I usually had time for lunch between logging 
>in and seeing the desktop display :-))
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
0
newcomer (15977)
7/2/2008 8:37:24 PM
Absolutely true!! In my current company, when I got a new system, the 
first thing I did was to turn off(remove) all those nonsense software 
from the startup!!!

Your intention here is to keep the computers updated?? If so, why aren't 
you using the features provided by Microsoft??? Like Software update 
service! If you do so, user won't have to know anything about the 
update. It will(can) install silently without any user interaction.

-- 
Regards,
Ashutosh Bhawasinka
email: discussion@ashutosh.in
MCSA - Messaging,
MCTS - .Net Windows Apps
0
7/3/2008 8:06:22 AM
"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message 
news:empn641eqfc1hm5h04mm4r32orgnagl64p@4ax.com...
> But now that we have Vista, we can prepare a six-course meal AND have time 
> to wash up the
> dishes afterwards...
> joe
>
> On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 07:56:56 -0500, BobF <nothanks@spamfree.world> wrote:
>
>>Trups wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>   Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and
>>> before desktop?
>>
>>When I was running Win98, I usually had time for lunch between logging
>>in and seeing the desktop display :-))
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com
> MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm

Since I upgraded the Norton AntiVirus on my home pc (XP) I now have time for 
lunch; wash dishes; and mow both lawns!
Even after the desktop appears the time between clicking an icon and 
something happening has become unacceptable.
I am seriously looking for another AV software that doesn't hog my resources 
while it does a Live Update :-(

Les
.. 


0
7/3/2008 8:50:59 AM
Use Symantec antivirus corporate edition!
-- 
Regards,
Ashutosh Bhawasinka
email: discussion@ashutosh.in
MCSA - Messaging,
MCTS - .Net Windows Apps
Les wrote:
> "Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message 
> news:empn641eqfc1hm5h04mm4r32orgnagl64p@4ax.com...
>> But now that we have Vista, we can prepare a six-course meal AND have time 
>> to wash up the
>> dishes afterwards...
>> joe
>>
>> On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 07:56:56 -0500, BobF <nothanks@spamfree.world> wrote:
>>
>>> Trups wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>>   Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and
>>>> before desktop?
>>> When I was running Win98, I usually had time for lunch between logging
>>> in and seeing the desktop display :-))
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com
>> MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
> 
> Since I upgraded the Norton AntiVirus on my home pc (XP) I now have time for 
> lunch; wash dishes; and mow both lawns!
> Even after the desktop appears the time between clicking an icon and 
> something happening has become unacceptable.
> I am seriously looking for another AV software that doesn't hog my resources 
> while it does a Live Update :-(
> 
> Les
> . 
> 
> 
0
smbs-msdn (28)
7/3/2008 9:02:40 AM
Les wrote:
> Since I upgraded the Norton AntiVirus on my home pc (XP) I now have time for 
> lunch; wash dishes; and mow both lawns!
> Even after the desktop appears the time between clicking an icon and 
> something happening has become unacceptable.
> I am seriously looking for another AV software that doesn't hog my resources 
> while it does a Live Update :-(

I recommend Nod32 (www.eset.com).

-- 
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
0
no-reply8010 (1790)
7/3/2008 11:01:28 AM
Thanks David that looks interesting.
Les

"David Wilkinson" <no-reply@effisols.com> wrote in message 
news:O3GRmwP3IHA.4448@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Les wrote:
>> Since I upgraded the Norton AntiVirus on my home pc (XP) I now have time 
>> for lunch; wash dishes; and mow both lawns!
>> Even after the desktop appears the time between clicking an icon and 
>> something happening has become unacceptable.
>> I am seriously looking for another AV software that doesn't hog my 
>> resources while it does a Live Update :-(
>
> I recommend Nod32 (www.eset.com).
>
> -- 
> David Wilkinson
> Visual C++ MVP 


0
7/3/2008 1:30:26 PM
I don't know guys, why you need an antivirus? Explain that to me... Why not 
use Limited User accounts instead?

"Les" <l.neilson@nospam.acecad.co.uk> wrote in message 
news:g4ijlh$1vhh$1@newsreader.cw.net...
> Thanks David that looks interesting.
> Les
>
> "David Wilkinson" <no-reply@effisols.com> wrote in message 
> news:O3GRmwP3IHA.4448@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Les wrote:
>>> Since I upgraded the Norton AntiVirus on my home pc (XP) I now have time 
>>> for lunch; wash dishes; and mow both lawns!
>>> Even after the desktop appears the time between clicking an icon and 
>>> something happening has become unacceptable.
>>> I am seriously looking for another AV software that doesn't hog my 
>>> resources while it does a Live Update :-(
>>
>> I recommend Nod32 (www.eset.com).
>>
>> -- 
>> David Wilkinson
>> Visual C++ MVP
>
> 


0
alegr (1130)
7/3/2008 1:38:46 PM
It sounds to me more like it is the "message of the day" type of updates "Charlie in
accounting has moved on to head the technical development team"
					joe

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:36:22 +0530, Ashutosh Bhawasinka <discussion@ashutosh.in> wrote:

>Absolutely true!! In my current company, when I got a new system, the 
>first thing I did was to turn off(remove) all those nonsense software 
>from the startup!!!
>
>Your intention here is to keep the computers updated?? If so, why aren't 
>you using the features provided by Microsoft??? Like Software update 
>service! If you do so, user won't have to know anything about the 
>update. It will(can) install silently without any user interaction.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
0
newcomer (15977)
7/3/2008 2:05:37 PM
That's what email is for?

"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message 
news:44np64t74gpl4ee3qe5eog4nh01404rplm@4ax.com...
> It sounds to me more like it is the "message of the day" type of updates 
> "Charlie in
> accounting has moved on to head the technical development team"
> joe
>
> On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:36:22 +0530, Ashutosh Bhawasinka 
> <discussion@ashutosh.in> wrote:
>
>>Absolutely true!! In my current company, when I got a new system, the
>>first thing I did was to turn off(remove) all those nonsense software
>>from the startup!!!
>>
>>Your intention here is to keep the computers updated?? If so, why aren't
>>you using the features provided by Microsoft??? Like Software update
>>service! If you do so, user won't have to know anything about the
>>update. It will(can) install silently without any user interaction.
> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com
> MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm 


0
alegr (1130)
7/4/2008 2:13:55 AM
"Trups" <Samant.Trupti@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:5610453c-cd3f-43ef-997a-7eee88d285b7@56g2000hsm.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
>  Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and
> before desktop?  I know one way to add the entry in Runoncekey.  I
> want this application to run every time the user log in.  Couple of
> problem with Runoncekey....
> 1.  This key is meant to use just for one time application
> 2.  User can use cntr+alt+del and cancel the application.
>
> I want this application to stay there till user hits "OK" and then
> show the desktop.  There shouldn't be another way for him to skip this
> application.
> Can anybody help?
>


Pre-Vista there were WinLogon Notification Packages.  Now there are Service 
Control Manager (SCM) Notifications.  See 
http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/6ec4ec6d-6b84-44c9-b3af-116589a42b861033.mspx?mfr=true

-- David


0
dc2983 (3206)
7/5/2008 1:33:41 AM
It does seem sort of obvious, doesn't it?  But never underestimate the kind of mind that
would think up the idea of compulsory reading of the state-of-the-company-today address...
					joe
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 19:13:55 -0700, "Alexander Grigoriev" <alegr@earthlink.net> wrote:

>That's what email is for?
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message 
>news:44np64t74gpl4ee3qe5eog4nh01404rplm@4ax.com...
>> It sounds to me more like it is the "message of the day" type of updates 
>> "Charlie in
>> accounting has moved on to head the technical development team"
>> joe
>>
>> On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:36:22 +0530, Ashutosh Bhawasinka 
>> <discussion@ashutosh.in> wrote:
>>
>>>Absolutely true!! In my current company, when I got a new system, the
>>>first thing I did was to turn off(remove) all those nonsense software
>>>from the startup!!!
>>>
>>>Your intention here is to keep the computers updated?? If so, why aren't
>>>you using the features provided by Microsoft??? Like Software update
>>>service! If you do so, user won't have to know anything about the
>>>update. It will(can) install silently without any user interaction.
>> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
>> email: newcomer@flounder.com
>> Web: http://www.flounder.com
>> MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm 
>
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
0
newcomer (15977)
7/5/2008 2:36:54 AM
Yea, like mandatory reading of the latest Politbureau decisions and speeches 
of the Party Chairman...

"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message 
news:dgnt64pbnfrf7lopnnhv5rls8vllkotisc@4ax.com...
> It does seem sort of obvious, doesn't it?  But never underestimate the 
> kind of mind that
> would think up the idea of compulsory reading of the 
> state-of-the-company-today address...
> joe
> On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 19:13:55 -0700, "Alexander Grigoriev" 
> <alegr@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>That's what email is for?
>>
>>"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message
>>news:44np64t74gpl4ee3qe5eog4nh01404rplm@4ax.com...
>>> It sounds to me more like it is the "message of the day" type of updates
>>> "Charlie in
>>> accounting has moved on to head the technical development team"
>>> joe
>>>


0
alegr (1130)
7/5/2008 1:40:57 PM
Pretty much the thought I had...I was looking for a good "1984" reference but couldn't
think of one...
				joe

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 06:40:57 -0700, "Alexander Grigoriev" <alegr@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Yea, like mandatory reading of the latest Politbureau decisions and speeches 
>of the Party Chairman...
>
>"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message 
>news:dgnt64pbnfrf7lopnnhv5rls8vllkotisc@4ax.com...
>> It does seem sort of obvious, doesn't it?  But never underestimate the 
>> kind of mind that
>> would think up the idea of compulsory reading of the 
>> state-of-the-company-today address...
>> joe
>> On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 19:13:55 -0700, "Alexander Grigoriev" 
>> <alegr@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>>>That's what email is for?
>>>
>>>"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer@flounder.com> wrote in message
>>>news:44np64t74gpl4ee3qe5eog4nh01404rplm@4ax.com...
>>>> It sounds to me more like it is the "message of the day" type of updates
>>>> "Charlie in
>>>> accounting has moved on to head the technical development team"
>>>> joe
>>>>
>
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm
0
newcomer (15977)
7/5/2008 6:30:25 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Missing lunch!!!
I am using this formula fro http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm =IF(INT(StartDT)=INT(EndDT),ROUND(24*(EndDT-StartDT),2), (24*(DayEnd-DayStart)* (MAX(NETWORKDAYS(StartDT+1,EndDT-1,HolidayList),0)+ INT(24*(((EndDT-INT(EndDT))- (StartDT-INT(StartDT)))+(DayEnd-DayStart))/(24*(DayEnd-DayStart))))+ MOD(ROUND(((24*(EndDT-INT(EndDT)))-24*DayStart)+ (24*DayEnd-(24*(StartDT-INT(StartDT)))),2), ROUND((24*(DayEnd-DayStart)),2)))) It works great but it assumes they work through lunch. I have trie unsuccessfully to modify the formula (mainly because i dont understan it!!) Lunch runs from 12:00 u...

setlinkondata and application.caller help
Hi there, I have the first code in the "Sheets1" code block, and the next in a general Module. The setLinkOnData seems to work as when I manually update the DDE link I do not get the beeps signifying that it's running the first sub. When I step through the second one, it crashes with Error 2023 at "set tgt=application.caller" If anyone can tell me how to get application.caller to work or else how to pass the range as a parameter between the subs, I'd appreciate it! Thanks Ross Sub handleDDE() aLinks = ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources(xlOLELinks) If Not IsEmpty(aLi...

Application OK in Win2000 but crashes in WinNT
I am developing my application(Dialog based) using VC++ in Windows 2000. The application was working fine in Windows 2000. After compiling to the release version and copying it to Windows NT, the application fails to start up. After debugging in Windows NT, it shows that my application fails to create the dialog box with the DoModal() function. It fails when the function CreateDlgIndirect() returns. Please help. Thanks, Wilson ...

Usage of code samples in commercial applications
Hi, Is it legal to use code samples found in sites like Codeguru/ CodeProject in our commercial applications? Are there any license issues that need to be taken care of ? TIA, SD It is legal unless specified otherwise. Most of the people posting code snippets are doing it because they got something from somewhere at some point and they want to give back. There are some more complex things that are restricted or where someone will say, "you can include but you must have this copyright", but for the most part people are just sharing code ideas. I've actually ended up us...

Lunch the application after login page and before desktop !!!
Hi, Is there any way to lunch the application after login page and before desktop? I know one way to add the entry in Runoncekey. I want this application to run every time the user log in. Couple of problem with Runoncekey.... 1. This key is meant to use just for one time application 2. User can use cntr+alt+del and cancel the application. I want this application to stay there till user hits "OK" and then show the desktop. There shouldn't be another way for him to skip this application. Can anybody help? Thanks Trupti Not possible. The only way you can do it is by cha...

Record and play macros in application
I've been asked if I can add a macro record/playback facility to an application I've developed. Does anyone know if there's an API for this? Failing that, does anyone have any suggestions how I should undertake this task? Pitfalls to avoid? Anything at all really. It seems, at first glance, that there's two ways to do this; add a 'record' option (in the code) to every place a user can "do" something (e.g. a dialog is about to be displayed, control values have been changed) or to somehow record mouse clicks and key presses whilst recording. Both m...

Did You Spend $7 On Lunch Today???
Do you want a real value for your money that gives you a TRUE return? All this for mere lunch money! Click here for full details: http://www.ondemandprofits.net/?e=jairusthomas@hotmail.com ...

Detect page change in PropertySheet?
Hi, I have a property sheet that is the parent of several property pages. If the user clicks a tab to change to another page, is there a way I can detect this (and possibly prevent the change) in the PropertySheet dialog? Does windows/MFC send any kind of message to the PropertySheet dialog? I looked at all of the over-rides and WM_ message, but cannot see anything. Thanks! Not directly. You can catch that in the CPropertyPage and relay the message to the CPropertySheet. (I know you are asking, why doesn't the CPropertySheet get the notificatio first? who knows!) AliR. "...

Problems porting application from VS6 to VS.NET
This message is in MIME format. The first part should be readable text, while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools. ---559023410-851401618-1090937522=:25951 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: QUOTED-PRINTABLE Hello. I am experiencing problems with my application when I try to=20 compile it with Visual C++ .NET. It consists of a main program which loads an MFC extension DLL with its=20 own dialog box and some ActiveX controls. The program runs without errors when compiled with VC++ 6.0. There appeared to...

possible to enumerate page numbers?
Hi, If any CRM object has big data(let's suppose that Opportunity has 50000 data), in the View, you can see those data by page number..... However, by default, it only navigates by one page...In other words, if I want to see 15 page, I should click 15 times to look at the page... Any way page number can be customized via CRM system customization?... I couldn't find it... For example, if I want to have viw something like this... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ..........(Would be last number of page number) In this way, if I want to look at the 15 page, I only need to click 15 number... Thanks....

log in page message
on my login page, one of the users always has a message that there is 1 unread email, but there are no unread emails anywhere. Not in Outlook Express either? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10d9301c44101$9baa2b90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > on my login page, one of the users always has a message > that there is 1 unread email, but there are no unread > emails anywhere. ...

User account mechanism in an application
Hello NG, I want to make an application which has an user account mechanism. Every user should also have specific permissions. The administrator can create new users and give them permissions for several functions in the Application. For now I have a simple inifile which is stored encrypted ( a simple user "database") (user.dat). This inifile contains information about what users exists and what permissions they have. I know that is not the best way and thats why I am posting - the key for this file is always the same and hard coded in the application. This is a very bad way but wher...

Creating Modeless Dialogs continually causing application to grow
I have a dialog applicatin that needs to create modeless dialogs over and over again. The main application waits for the modeless dialog to finish, then repeats the procedure. I've written a simple test application that seems to exhibit the same symptoms. Main Dialog with some code removed to simplify: ( NOTE: CModelessDemoDlg::OnBnClickedButton1() is used to begin the test of creating modeless dialogs) CModelessDemoDlg::CModelessDemoDlg(CWnd* pParent /*=NULL*/) : CDialog(CModelessDemoDlg::IDD, pParent) , m_pmodeless(NULL) , m_text(_T("")) { m_hIcon = AfxGetApp()->...

What event does application call when it is ended abnormally?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I need to know what event / function will be called by the application in case of they ended unexpectedly due to errors / power supply problem, etc? I will need this to decide the end of server-client connection in case one of them experiencing error and must be ended abnormally. Thank you. >I need to know what event / function will be called by the application in >case of they ended unexpectedly due to errors / power supply problem, etc? Sounds like you're looking for WM_LOWVOLTAGEDETECTED ;) If your hardware is dead, so is your software :) >...

Server Error in '/' Application. ==> Login failed URGENT ISSUE
Hi all, i am getting the follwong error when i try to run my CRM 4.0 on web client. I have done all installation correct and still struck with this problem. Your help in solving this issue will be very helpful as this is an urgent issue with us. I am attaching the error i got below ==================================== Server Error in '/' Application. ________________________________________ Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace...

Save Application State to XML: How to have each module create a "Node"?
Hi, I have an application which is built from many modules. I re-use the modules in different applications. I'd like to have each of my modules implement a "SaveState()" method. The method should return the state of the module (and any modules it contains) in some nice, easily parsable and savable format. I think this format should be XML. So should each module return an XmlElement, an XmlDocument, or an XmlDocumentFragment. I've been experimenting and I can't figure out the best way to do this. I'd like to do it "right" because I'll be doing this a l...

Application.wait
Can anyone tell me what library reference I have to install to use application.wait in my VBA in access 97 ? Thanks Jon There is no Wait method for the Application object in Access. What are you trying to do? You might be able to use the Sleep API (see http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0021.htm at "The Access Web" for an example), or, if you're trying to wait until a shelled process is finished, see http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0004.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "jon" <jon@dontemailme.c...

Assumed Lunch
Please help, I need a VB code for assumed lunch. =(E6<D6)+E6-D6+(G6<F6)+G6-F6 is the code I am currently using to calculate total hours worked per day. D6 is "StartWork", E6 is "StartLunch", F6 is "EndLunch" G6 is "EndWork". Our employees do not punch out for lunch unless if they are going to be longer than 1/2 hour. Otherwise we just assume 1/2 hour or "no lunch" if they write "no lunch" on their card. To address the assumed lunch: What I need is a VB code so that what I enter in "StartWork" (E6) is automati...

Reload the current Page Programmatically
Hi, How can I re-load the current page within a code behind event file. I'm changing the page Theme and want re-load the page with the new Theme settings. Sincerely, King "King Coffee" <kcoffee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3F7A0700-62DD-4E76-AF59-9C6976623541@microsoft.com... > How can I re-load the current page within a code behind event file? Response.Redirect("mypage.aspx", false); -- Mark Rae ASP.NET MVP http://www.markrae.net ...

Milo: Struggling with trying to create a 8.75 x 11.25 bleed page P
I've been trying all kinds of things with MSPublisher and Adobe Acrobat to create an 8.75 x 11.25 document so that the printer can truncate it to 8.5 x 11. I've sort of found a way to make the page the larger size and declare a 1/8 border, but: 1) when I go to look at the page, it thinks it's one of four pages because it exceeds 8.5x11 2) the PDF I create with Acrobat cuts off anything I have in that 1/8 frame around and gives me just the document background color there. So it's not a true bleed of the pictures I'm putting on the page...just a bleed of the backgr...

How to use my application to download a file on a http server?
Hello,all gurus: download.htm file: <html> <title> </title> <body> <a href = "1.rmvb" >download</a> </body> </html> I use WebBrowser ActiveX in my application. CWebBrowser mWeb; mWeb.Navigate("http://1.1.1.50/web/download.htm",NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL); If I click download on WebBrowser ActiveX,My application will use IE to download.But I want to use my download application to take the place of IE.How to do I should? Thanks. Try using URLDownloadToFile. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Z.Smith" <z...

Saving Excel Spreadsheets as a Web Page.
I just reloaded my old Office CD on a new computer that uses Windows XP. I lost the "Save as HTML" option that I had on my old Windows 98 operating system. How can I get this feature back? Thanks You have to enable the "Internet Assistant Wizard" add-in... 1. Tools | Add-ins... 2. Select the "Internet Assistant Wizard" option. 3. "Save as HTML" now appears on the file menu. If you find that the Internet Assistant Wizard is not in the options, you need to install it from the CD (along with any other add-ins you may need). -- Michael Hopwood &quo...

Quick Part page layouts
I am trying to set up a template in Word 2007, with protected styles, that has Quick Part items that insert a custom layout (margins, header, footer, page nos. etc) in either landscape or portrait orientation. One QP would insert a section with portrait layout (with a different first page). The second QP would insert a new page section in landscape (with different margins etc.) The final QP would insert a new page section in portrait (with the same margins etc., as the first section). The second and third QP would not have a different first page. I have tried ...

How to get the applications folder path
what is the VBA command to get the application folder path in mac office 2004? Can't be done in VBA: look in the AppleScript dictionary. On 4/12/09 1:09 AM, in article A72637CD-D311-45BE-AA70-7B5AE24CADC5@microsoft.com, "Mac Office Developer" <MacOfficeDeveloper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > what is the VBA command to get the application folder path in mac office 2004? -- The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay! John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Wo...

Grant permissions to a single application
Is there a way to limit user's access to data files only if the request to open a data file comes from a particular application ? As an example: Let's say you have a Word document and only want users to be able to access that document thru Word--not Windows explorer, not any other app. On 12/03/2010 21:16, Dave Mc wrote: > Is there a way to limit user's access to data files only if the request to > open a data file comes from a particular application ? As an example: Let's > say you have a Word document and only want users to be able to access that >...