Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project.

Please send me an email to:

larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine
Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM
Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:    www.seldin.net
0
lmseldin (1)
5/7/2008 1:40:09 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Rules Not Working
We recently switched to a web server email program - and my email now goes to a different folder - not the personal folder inbox and I cannot get my rule to forward e-mails to work - we have office 2007 - What's really confusing is if I test the rule it will show the fwd arrow on the original message and a copy will appear in my sent folder however the receipients do not receive it. I am able to manually fwd the email with no problems. I have a similar problem, however it had been working but I had to remove all my accounts and reinstall them. My MSN account would not downl...

2 Exchange servers how to.
I have a 2003 Exchange server. I wan't to have another Exchange 2003 server off site connected to the office via VPN. I would like to have the Offsite server to have the same e-mail as the office server so if there is some kind of disater then users could access mail from offsite. Is there some docs on how to do this? Can Exchange 2003 always send new mail to another server? so mail can be read on both servers if needed? Thanks You will need third party software to help with this. If you can wait for E12, there will be some built in support for creating a disastery recovery ser...

How do I open a com port using Excel visual basic
Has anybody got any code that would help me ...

Exchange 2003 Store Limit Warning does not work
Why does not the store limit warning work with Exchange 2003 ? The "prohibit send" works ok, but the warning does not. How can I make it work ? It would be very important to us. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:33:26 +0300, "Petri Paunonen" <petri.paunonen@POISTAbrandtgroup.fi> wrote: >Why does not the store limit warning work with Exchange 2003 ? > >The "prohibit send" works ok, but the warning does not. How can I make it >work ? It would be very important to us. > What doesnt work about it? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:33:26 +0300, "Petri Pauno...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

Windows Server Enterprise and/or x64 editions at RMS
Will it work? I'm running SBS 2K3 with 4GB RAM (OS Max) on a 3.6Ghz P4 Xeon and this thing is just hammered. The server hosts one Store Ops DB and the HQ DB, plus HQ server. It runs an automated backup and hosts Wildfire (a private IM service). That's it. I don't run MS Exchange, I do have one printer queue that's hosted by the server, but it might print 50 pages on a busy day--many days it's none or just a few. I do host about 10 users' My Documents folders on the server, but even that traffic should be pretty easy for the server to handle. If I buy a new ...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

Outlook 98 Calendar and MS Exchange SBS2000
Whenever "User A" accepts an invitation made through the Calendar function of MS Outlook 98, the answer of course is sent back to the inviting person. But also 3 other users, without any apparent reason, receive the acceptation message. There are no "Outlook rules" set up at all, and the 3 receiving users don't belong to an existing group or alias. They have in common though that they all worked in a team headed by "User A" though, but there is no apparent IT related instance or setup reflecting that common aspect of them. How can we get rid of this ...

Reverse engineering for non-programmers
Hi, I'm currently working with a group of documenters that would like to use the output from Visio's reverse engineering feature. The only book on the subject I can find is 'Professional UML with Visual Studio .NET: Unmasking Visio for Enterprise Architects,' which is targetted towards developers. Does anyone know of any other books or tutorials on the subject that have a non-technical audience in mind? Thanks in advance, Gabe Jones ...

Portfolio Server
I am trying to figure out how I filter down my list of selected projects before I enter Optimizer. I have created a filter to select on a specfic workflow in builder, I apply it and it works correctly in Builder, but when I then select that portfolio to move forward into optimizer, it does not apply the same filter of the selected projects...so in essence I always get all of the project within a portfolio in optimizer. The documentation says it should work the way I have described...but it doesn't. Hello If you want to filter projects for optimizer you have to create the...

visual basic in excel -
Hi - I would like to Copy/Paste an area dependant on how many rows there are on a spreadsheet. I was thinking of using something like the below: X = COUNT("D:D") Range("A1:A" & X).Select Selection.Copy Range("D1:D" & X).Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("E4:E" & X).Select Setting X as the COUNT of Column D, then adding '&' X to the Range to set the length of the Copy/Paste. I haven't gotten it to work. Any advice? Thanks! X = Application.COUNT("D:D") you might want COUNTA if there is text in the column -- ...

Outlook 2000 do not connect to exchange server
Hi, after installing a backup on a new machine outlook do not connect to the exchange server. It looks like that there is no network communication after starting outlook. The LAN Icon shows no packages send. Are there any ideas why outlook will not connect to the LAN and the exchange server ? Thanks ! peter ...

SQL: Selecting "Latest Transaction" & "Sum" them up
I have a table, recording different clients' transactions during a month: Client_ID Client_Name Purchase_Amount($) Purchase_date 101 AAA 1000 1/Oct/2007 102 BBB 250 2/Oct/2007 103 CCC 800 3/oct/2007 101 AAA 200 4/oct/2007 101 AAA 500 5/oct/2007 -----...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

Altsoft Xml2PDF Server 2007 beta
Altsoft announces beta release of its new Xml2PDF 2007 family of products, containing Xml2PDF Server 2007 (.NET API), Xml2PDF Hotfolder 2007 and Xml2PDF Workstation 2007. Altsoft Xml2PDF 2007 is a .NET-based formatting engine for converting various page layout formats into print-ready documents. The new key features and improvements are: -Significant refactoring and optimization. -Essential improvement of Xml2PDF API interface. -Improved XSL-FO 1.1 support including bookmarks, multiple flows, and floats. -XPS output support. -PostScript output support. -DocX and XAML (Word 2007) input suppo...

Data Error in MS Money 2002
I've been using Money 02 for yrs now and have always imported data from my bank's website. I just recently tried to import my monthly data and received the following msg, "The file you attempted to import appears to be invalid or contains corrupt data. Please download the file again. If this problem continues, contact your financial institution." I dbl checked format and called bank's IT support 2 times but no issues reported from their end. Is this a Money problem and has anyone experienced same? Please help. Thanks - Brian In microsoft.public.money, Bri...

Online Stock Trading and How the Stock Market Works #3
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

w2lk3 sbs move message store from C to E drive
System installed by default to C drive. WOuld like to have Exchange Data Bases on E drive. I have found where to set the location of the queues. Can I move the Exchange system from C drive? You can move exchange databse to any local drive http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821915 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "David Hancock" <DavidHancock@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :69A358ED-D777-4793-A1F7-D5DEE8E58F61@microsoft.com... > System installed by default to C drive. WOuld like to have Exchange Data > Bases on E drive. > > I have found where ...

peer code review/advice needed for noob programmer
Hi, I have the following function which works, but I want to do two things in updating it. 1) I want to convert from sprintf() to sprintf_s() etc. to end warnings 2) I want to understand how one properly gets the size (vs. what I might be doing) and finally: 3) I compile on VS 2005 SP1, on 32 bit Windows XP Home SP2, and want to know if I can compile with options to target a 64-bit platform so that this function would run properly on Vista 64. (If possible) Actually, though, this last is not going to be used as this program is part of a game add-on that will run in a 32-bit g...

OWA Exchange 5.5 Internal Server Error
Outlook Web Access on Exchange Server 5.5 running on a Windows 2000 Server in mixed mode. Users go to url of http://mail.anon-domain.com/exchange. They get the logon box and enter mailbox name. Then they get the Dialog box asking User name: and Password. The correct info is entered, but the browser just hangs there. If the IIS Server is restarted, not just the Website, but entire IIS, it will work for a while, sometimes a few minutes, sometime for hours. A few times, instead of just having the browser hang there, an error message was returned: HTTP 500.100 Internal Server Error ASP erro...

Retrieval data from MS 2000 outlook public folder
Dear Helpers, I am using MS 2000 outlook. My company stores all the products and service guidelines in the public folder located at outlook. Every week there are updates of products and service guidelines where I need to check for those guidelines to support the sales teams and back office. The structure is as follows: +Public Folder +Products Folder +Product 100 +Product 101 +Product 102……. +Services Folder +Service 100 +Service 101 +Service 102…… Each product or service is made into a new subfolder and there further subfolders when ...

convert Netscape Mail to MS Outlook
hi Pls advice how to convert Netscape 7.x Mail to MS Outlook. If there any freeware for this will be great thanks Google is your friend. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, gbkhor asked: | hi |=20 | Pls advice how to convert Netscape 7.x Mail to MS Outlook. |=20 | If there any freeware for this will be great |=20 | thanksG ...

Change BackColor Code Not Working
I have a major request for the Dept of Justice. I have a report that looks like this: Task Type 4/5/2010 4/12/2010 4/19/2010 DSR St. Louis St. Louis Exch RU Seatttle Exch RU Memphis Memphis Memphis What I need is code that will work. Basically if Task Type = DSR then the background color of St. Louis and all other sites with "DSR" attached to it should be Red. If the Task Type is Exch RU then it'll be Blue, etc. Please respond quickly. Thanks Your report looks good from here. I ...