Looking for a charting control

Hi all,

I am looking for a professional quality charting control. Current
requirements are Bar charts and Pie Charts, but this might change in the
near feature to include more complex data types using Line charts (smooth
and normal), area charts (stacked), point or radar charts.  I haven't been
able to find a good one yet.

I found this put the documentation is not adequite.
http://www.nevron.com/Charting.aspx?nav=ChartNav&content=Chart

Any suggestions?
AliR.

0
AliR1 (391)
5/31/2005 4:38:13 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I've used a system called ProEssentials5. I built a thin C++ wrapper around their types
and I've done a number of graphs with it.

http://www.gigasoft.com/

I'm currently using it to draw real-time data collection graphs as line charts. I can't
speak to piecharts, but it probably does them; check it out.
					joe

On Tue, 31 May 2005 11:38:13 -0500, "AliR." <AliR@newsgroup.nospam> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am looking for a professional quality charting control. Current
>requirements are Bar charts and Pie Charts, but this might change in the
>near feature to include more complex data types using Line charts (smooth
>and normal), area charts (stacked), point or radar charts.  I haven't been
>able to find a good one yet.
>
>I found this put the documentation is not adequite.
>http://www.nevron.com/Charting.aspx?nav=ChartNav&content=Chart
>
>Any suggestions?
>AliR.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

Chart Increments -- to expand
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_010D_01C68AF2.E0F7E920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm trying to chart a bar graph to show the average responses of some = survey data of two groups. The bar values are 4.2 and 3.8 When I create the bar graph, the lowest value on the Y axis shows 3.5. =20 How do I make the Y axis start at 0 to portray the entire scale? Thanks for the advice. Mike Raphael -------------------------------------------------------------------------= ------- I am u...

Control source on continuous form
I have a continuous form with 55 fields being displayed in columns. This is from a table with 220 fields. I need to change the control source from actual values to percentage values. So instead of the controlsource being week1 I want to change it to percent1 and week2 to percent2, (there is no way of calculating one from the other so there is no redundant data) etc. I run a function For i = 1 To 53 myform("week" & CStr(i)).ControlSource = "percent" & CStr(i) Next i This seems to work fine if the continuous form has about 50 rows or less but when there are more...

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Activex Windows Media Player control issue
I have a form with an Activex WMP control, and I wish to have the control play a .wma file when a command button is clicked. I want the .wma to be determined based on the currently displayed record (i.e. the record refers to a song, and I want that song to play). If I hard-code the path to the .wma into the Player.URL field, it works fine, but if I try to use a variable (constructed from fields and constants), it does not. I get an error "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.wma") that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexp...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

In an excel chart I want missing data to be ignored
I have several graphs I want to generate from a table of data. Some of the data is missing for certain parameters. Excel will not join points that are not part of a continuous set of data date Na conc. Cl conc 1/3/08 13 6 1/4/08 5 1/5/08 8 1/6/08 4 3 Any ideas Hi, If the cell is truly empty and the line drops to zero select the chart and check, Tools > Options > Chart > Plot empty cells as... If the cell actually contain conditional fo...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

Unlocking A Grid For Moving Text Around In A Chart: How, Please ?
Hello: Using MS Excel 97 SR-1 Guess this dates me pretty well,m but it does most everything I want. When making a graph, I sometimes put text notes in the graph. The text seems to be locking itself to a pre-ordained Grid. Is there any way to eliminate this grid locking, so I can move the text smoothly to where I want it ? Thanks, Bob Not sure if it is in Excel 97, but on the drawing toolbar in later versions there is an option 'snap to grid'. see if this helps -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hocke...

Aggregated charts
Hi friends, I'm trying to draw a chart which looks like an enhanced histogram chart: 1. I have 3 columns, A, B and C 2. I'll use C as bin to categorize A into different buckets. But I'm not counting A, instead I'll sum B according to the bucket for example: input: A B C 0.5 3.5 1 0.7 3 2 1.2 2.2 3 2.3 1.5 2.5 3 expected output: C SumOfB 1 6.5 2 2.2 3 4.5 M 0 Is there a way to create the chart with existing capability in excel 2003? If not, is there an add-in for download? If I have to write VBA, what would it looks like? Any sugesstion is appreciated, W...

Colors for chart bars
Hi, in a document I want to add a bar chart. This document will is a paper and later converted to pdf. In the diagram I will have tree groups with 4 bars each. My question: which color would you take for the 4 adjacent bars? And what DPI? The diagram (figure in eps format) will be relatively small and I want that the reader can still distinguish among the bars when the paper is printed. Are there any preferred combinations of colors due to the "theory of colors"? Thank you. Chris If you're trying to get the most visually diverse colors, I would try to take colors from op...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

Pivot Chart- 2 unrelated series on 1 chart
I have a set of warranty orders that each have a date when the product was originally shipped and a date when a problem was reported. I am trying to make a pivot chart with months on the x-axis and counts on the y-axis. I want 2 series, one that shows how many orders were shipped in each month and one that shows how many problems were reported each month. I do not want to show the relationship between the report and ship dates, just unique counts of each based on date. Is this possible? Here is an example of what my data looks like, I have about 6,000 entries so there are significa...

Importing a chart from Excel
We have an Excel chart that we'd like to embed in an Outlook email, but everytime we attempt to do this, the file size becomes tremendous - far larger by megabytes compared to the original Excel file. We've tried all methods, and the only way to minimize the chart size is to create a PDF attachment. Is there another way? -- ___________________________ Robert Ades Accountancy Corp. 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 660 Los Angeles, CA 90025 Tel: 310-571-1224 Fax: 310-571-1227 ...

how do I make text fit an organisation chart autoshape box
I have too much text to fit an organisation chart autoshape box. How do I make the box larger to fit the text? I always make an org chart using individual shapes and connectors. This makes for slightly more work, but it also provides absolute control over each individual formatting element of each chart element. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Philip Runacres" <Philip Runacres@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ACAD0B5-559E-42D9-A845-D730FCA57650@micros...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

Chart formate changing when saved
I have over ten different charts that I copy into a report out workbook at then end of each month. The normal stuff Date, goal, actual. the data format is set for % so the the 0.15 will show up on the chart as 15% when I save it. When my boss opens the chart it show up as 0.15 again. How do I make it keep the format I created it in?? The Date does the same thing but only on some of the charts. Starts as a date (month-yr) then it changes to 12345 general number. If you're copying the charts into a report, I would suggest copying the charts as pictures to insure nothing cha...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

if then on chart
I have a spreadsheet with a chart. Instead of graphing a number, I want a box on the front of the chart that looks at todays date and returns the corresponding number from the spreadsheet. Date Number 1/22/2009 135 1/30/2009 150 2/05/2009 152 2/10/2009 0 So.. Today's date is 2/03/2009 … I would expect to see the number 152 on the chart. Hi accesscrazy, >I have a spreadsheet with a chart. Instead of graphing a number, I want a > box on the front of the chart that looks at todays date and returns the > corresponding number from the spreadshe...

Adding Source Data to a Chart.
I want to add data from 2 different sheets within the same work book added together. ie say data from Sheet1 B1 + Sheet 3 B1 as source data for the same bar on the chart. Can this be done direct or do I have to add them together first then use that as the source data. I have tried typically the following: Sheet1!$B$1+Sheet3!$b$1 and several variations of this without success. One way to do it is to have 2 series, one for each sheet, and make a Stacked bar chart. The only problem is that you don't get to see the total when adding labels to the series. Regards Esteban "Dizz...

copying and/or bookmarking a chart?
From: "me" <someone@microsoft.com> Subject: Re: bookmark a chart? Date: Friday, August 26, 2005 2:59 PM Thank you, this was helpful, but doesn't quite solve my problem which I should have stated earlier. BookA has the hyperlink to a chart in BookB. I need to copy the chart from BookB into a new worksheet in BookA using VBA. How would I do that? Thanks again, Mike "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message news:430F80A4.1060707@contexturesXSPAM.com... > You can't hyperlink to the chart sheet, but Jon Peltier has a macro > worka...

Two secondary charts in a bar of pie or pie of pie chart?
Hi -- does anyone know if it's possible to have more than one secondary chart in a bar of pie or pie of pie chart? For example, if I have a main pie divided into two wedges--one showing the total number of cars and one showing the total number of trucks--and I wanted to have a secondary bar for each wedge showing the car models and truck models. As far as I can tell, I can only have a secondary chart for one wedge, not both. Any help is greatly appreciated -- thanks! -- KJ If you must use a pie as the basic chart you can get the effect you want by making two independent charts...

Looking for basic multiplaction formula
HI ALL, I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) I have tried =(D5*A5) in d14 and then pulling it down to d18 PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working? In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5" Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18. Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel) www.excelguru.ca Concarp wrote: > HI ALL, > I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and > put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) > ...

Looking for sheet to handle MPG, etc
HI I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. things like MPG etc. It would be great to have a ready made sheet to handle this info thanks supermari -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This shouldn't be too difficult unless you attended college at Texas A&M =miles driven/gallons used -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "supermario >" <<supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI > I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. > things like MPG etc. &g...

look up who is connected
hello i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a lot of dirs. can powershell do the job and how? not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this for you. regards Ramazan "ryan" <ryanlihk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eKobVuVrKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hello > > i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a > lot of dirs. > > can powershell do the job and how? thanks On 2/15/2010 2:21 AM, RCan wrote: > not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this...