loadstring and string table

Hi guy,

I created a multi-doc application by app wizzard. The application default
language is English. I added a Chinese string to the string table (language
is English (Unite States) )the ID is IDS_STRING130 and I added some very
simple code in somewhere as follows:
CString test;
test.LoadString(IDS_STRING130);
AfxMessageBox(test);

I compiled and run it. I can see the Chinese in the message box correctly. I
change the string table language to Chinese (R.P.C) then and tried to compile
and run again. But I cannot see the Chinese in the messagebox correctly. I
tried to debug it and found LoadString didn't load the string properly. Could
anyone explain why the Chinese string cannot be loaded correctly in the
string table with Chinese language but it can bed loaded correctly in the
string table with English language?

My development environment:
OS: Window XP service pack2 with latest update (English with non-Unicode
programs use Chinese (PRC))
IDE: Microsoft Devlopment Evnironment 2003 Version 7.1.3008 (English)

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Pivot Table Problem #6
Going down the worksheet there could be 50 instances of Hong Kong, 50 instances of Jakarta etc in col B. For each port there is weekly data of volume transported and the volumes is what makes up the data by port by mth/yr by supplier. A brief example of the spreadsheet is shown. I have the following data in a worksheet and I would like to create a pivot table so that I can select a port and see the total volume for each month by supplier. I need to be able to select a supplier and obtain all the weekly volume for that supplier and also be able to see the total volume for all the months...

Help with Populating StringMap table
I have a user request that I'm sure is made with some frequency, so I'd like to see if anyone lse has solved a similar probelm, and/or if my solution might work. My users requested that we replace the State/Province text box with a State drop-down list. Since this textbox appears in several places, and since the tools for populating and maintaining picklist are poor (to be generous), I decided to look into automating the process. I created a stagin database for just such things, with a mirror stringmap table. Through a query, I can populate the CRM stringmap table quite easily, with ...

pivot table calculated field or item
Hi, my question is..I want to use an If formula based on the Grp colomn value BU (see formula below), but it doesnt recognise the value as "BU", it just returns the false value (value if false). Pivot table rows are as follows SO # Grp Cust Whse SO 311450 BQ BAKERS S 10-Nov-Tue 312385 0 MODERN S 12-Nov-Thu 312403 BU BUNNINGS S 12-Nov-Thu I have inserted a calculated field with formula =IF(Grp="BU",0,1) The formula always returns 1 Thanks for your answer ...

Copies of Table with Arrow Icons
I have a table called Quotes2004. Somewhere along the line two additional tables appeared called Quotes20041 and Quotes20042, each with an arrow icon next to them. I understand that the arrow indicates a link. But, I don't recall making these table copies. Can some process make the copies automatically? As far as I can tell, they are exact copies of Quotes2004 and they are updated when I update Quotes2004. How can I determine how these were created, what the links are and if they are really necessary? To discover what a table is linked to, open it in design view. Then open the Prope...

Date and Time Table Modified
I have 4 forms used by managers to enter data. When they enter data, the data is saved in tables. I would like to include a date and time stamp so that I know when they entered each piece of new data. Do I need to have a field in my table to collect the date and time? How do I collect that in my form? Thanks!! Yes, you need to add a field to your table. In the form's BeforeUpdate event, put code to update that field. Assuming that you named the field LastUpdated and that you included the field in the form's RecordSource, the code would look something like: Private Sub Form_Bef...

i cant display field list in pivot table
i cant display the field chooser in pivot table What version of Excel are you using? Do you see the field list for other pivot tables? Cesar wrote: > i cant display the field chooser in pivot table -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do i remove outliers from a large data table so that i can in.
Hi you may post your question as body of your message -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "skyewell" <skyewell@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:07B029C4-3DB0-4206-9661-7A152FA9E2B6@microsoft.com... > ...

Table design ?
Is it design worthy to have field type attachment for contacts picture and a 2nd field type attachment for Doc, PDF files and can internet likes b placed in the attachments. Thank You The Lord's Blessings this evening On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:02:16 -0800, MaRSMAN <MaRSMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it design worthy to have field type attachment for contacts picture and a >2nd field type attachment for Doc, PDF files and can internet likes b placed >in the attachments. >Thank You The Lord's Blessings this evening I would not recommend storing exte...

auto subtract order taken from supply table
I am new to access and I really need some help. I have two tables, order table and supply table. Each table has an order form and a supply form respectively. This database is use to collect supply items and the order form is to record who collects the items from supply. Everything runs fine expect that when an item is removed from the order table it does not auto subtract from the quantity field of the supply table. The supply table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity. Whereas, the Order table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity Out. I will like to have an update query t...

How do I print gridlines for a table in publisher 2003
I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I cannot find a way to accomplish this. Please advise. Select & highlight the table, click lines, more lines, select the grid option, you can also change the line weight and color in this menu. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C3055F3-3D53-4AB6-8992-25DAB43BF671@microsoft.com... >I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I...

An open on table 'ME_Direct_Deposit_MSTR' failed accessing sql data.
Hi.. We are on Dynamics GP 9.0 and we recently updated our GP with 'Advanced Human Resource and Payroll suite 9.0'. The update on the server and client computers went through good but when one of our user is trying to print a payables check its giving the following error message. "An open on table 'ME_Direct_Deposit_MSTR' failed accessing sql data." We initialized the database for all our companies by logging in as SA and accessing all the companies on server as well as client computers. Any idea what could have gone wrong? Any help on this one will be much appre...

Extracting Data into a table ?
Hi, not sure how to descibe my problem properly. I have a list of data similar to this (several thousand entries): J7 12 92 -4 JJ 34 TT 9 AQ 23 TT -3 AA +23 98s -5 The letters refer to my poker starting hands, and the number to the p/ on that particular hand. I'm trying to figure a way of automatically putting all these entrie into a table of some kind to tell me the number of times i've playe each hand combination and the best/worst/average profit from each i've been doing it manually so far and there's must be a better way! Any help or suggestions as to whic...

sql report 3 tables
I am trying to write a report which will contain 4 tables, I need to display all 4 tables on one page. Unfortunatley because of the siz of the first 2 tables the 3rd table sits way down on the right hand side, how can i manipulate were the tables sit on the preview window? Regards Ian Are you writing your report in visual studio? in Report layout view, right click outside of the report area and select Properties. from the second tab you can change the layout of the report. By default it is set to 8.5 X 11, try chaning it to 11 X 8.5. Also, try changing the font size in your tab...

User Defined Field (String)
Does anyone know of a way I can force a user-defined field (I'm working specifically with User Defined 1 in Sales Trx Entry - a String(20) field) to force formatting at data entry time to US dollar (eg. $100.00) formatting? Either with VBA or Modifier? I would need to do this a couple of individual User Defined fields in the SOP User Defined fields entry window. Thanks in advance. Not a good way to do this - you could maybe use a vba event to format the data after the user enters it but vba isn't real happy typically of setting the current field when running its ...

calculated field from a form to table
Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? You can but you should not. Instead, calculate the value each time you need it. Stored values are almost guaranteed to get out of synch sooner or later. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A519CB5-029B-46FF-80B5-22D6FEA0C7AB@microsoft.com... > Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? Ok, makes sense. If i wanted to do it to get a snapshot and save that in the table, how do you do this? "Larry Daugherty" w...

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

table import accounts quick journal
how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must have a lot of accounts to put into it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Toni" wrote: > how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup Which table (tables) I have to use. I have a lot of accounts. I only found to set up the ID with the offset account, but I need to import all the other accounts also. Thanks. "Charles Allen" wrote: > You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must > ha...

Can I set up cascading combo boxes in a TABLE?
I am setting up a database for a research project. I would like to enter the data within the table as it is easier to see everything together. I have a combo box for General Injury Region, which is upper extremity, lower extremity, spine. I would like to the second combo box populate based on the first with shoulder, hand, wrist, etc. Thanks in advance! Debi wrote: > I am setting up a database for a research project. I would like to enter > the data within the table as it is easier to see everything together. > > I have a combo box for General Injury Region, wh...

Update Several Records with separate table data
I have two tables. One has all fields complete. The other has some complete records, but most only have one field completed. I want to input the complete records to the incomplete table, merging any records that would be duplicated. I forgot to mention this in my first post. Why are you duplicating data in your database? The goal of a well designed database is to only store the same piece of information once. Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Dale Fye" wrote: > In Access (am unsure whether A2007 supports this), you can do this as a ...

VBA Function to explode string
Hi. I am wanting to know hbow I would go about getting the following 3 cells: Cells A1, A2, A3: :: 1-4,6,8 50 S1B1:: Into a form that looks more like this ::A1 A2 A3 1 8.33 S1B1 2 8.33 S1B1 3 8.33 S1B1 4 8.33 S1B1 6 8.33 S1B1 8 8.35 S1B1:: How it does the rounding (and on which one), it does not matter! Thanks, Tom -- tomjermy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tomjermy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382414 You haven't exp...

C-DLL-VBA-EXCEL strings
Hello, I'm trying to connect excel to a C dll library (call C dll from excel through the VBA). It works well for returning integer and double values (see simple example below), but I can't seem to get it to return strings. I am using MinGW gcc (so basically only C) to construct my dll, so I don't have access to BSTR and other cpp like objects/functions... Is there a way to make the C dll return strings to excel? Thanks DLL.c #ifdef BUILD_DLL #define EXPORT __declspec(dllexport) #else #define EXPORT __declspec(dllimport) #endif EXPORT int __stdcall add2(int num){ return num + 2; ...

show pivot table detail in same cell
I would like to create a report using following sample data in excel ticket , monthly release , application 111-fix login bug , 2006-06 , ABC 112-improve logging , 2006-06 , ABC 113-enhance blah blah , 2006-07 , XYZ 114-fix performance issue , 2006-08 , ABC 115-implement cash app , 2006-08 , XYZ using this data I would like to create following report (application roadmap) i.e. which ticket would be implemented in which monthly release...

Set Cell Padding on word tables with merged cells
Dear Experts: Below macro sets certain padding values for the selected table. Regrettably it fails to work on tables with merged cells. Have you got any idea how to re-write the code so that tables featuring merged cells also get worked on? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub SetPadding Dim myCell As Cell Dim myRow As row Dim myTable As Table Set myTable = Selection.Tables(1) For Each myRow In myTable.rows For Each myCell In myRow.Cells myCell.TopPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0) myCell.BottomPadding = C...

Pivot Table through Scheduled Task
I have a Pivot Table that I would like to run as a scheduled task. After the report runs, I would like to save the file as a different name. Is this possible with Excel and scheduled tasks?? Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance, dr Hi dr, You could schedule to open a workbook and use the Workbook_Open event to run code that updates a Pivot Table and then saves the workbook to a new file. This is not tested, but something like; Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim SNewName As String Worksheets(1).PivotTables(1).RefreshTable SNewName = "MyBook v...

search of a string in a cell and counting occurences using COUNTIF
i need to separate out items which are in a column with cells containing 1 or more of these items delimited by commas. i need to export them to another worksheet within the spreadsheet which lists down the items individually per cell and then, i need to count the occurences. i tried to use the asterisk i.e. '*cell_contents*' in the countif formula but i get an error. please help! ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** To whom it may concern, I do not know what your questi...