LoadLibrary Explorer

My latest toy is now available for download: The LoadLibrary Explorer.  This allows you to
run through various scenarios for LoadLibrary.  Interestingly, I have found what appear to
be three errors in the documentation (or in the implementation of ::LoadLibrary).

I'm disappearing for a couple weeks, so let me know if you discover any problems, and I'll
address them in about a month.
				joe
www.flounder.com/loadlibrary_explorer.htm
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
5/9/2006 4:15:15 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Email hyperlink does not open explorer
Hi, When I click on a hyperlink inside an email (Outlook 2000) the system does not open Internet explorer (IE 6). Nothing at all happens. Any ideas ? Douglas Lund <lundd@fihrst.com> wrote: > When I click on a hyperlink inside an email (Outlook 2000) the system > does not open Internet explorer (IE 6). Nothing at all happens. Try this: In IE, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Internet Explorer
I have a conflict and cannot search in IE. I think it has something to do with recently installed Outlook 2002. Any thoughts? Nope. Any clues/error messages/version of IE/why you think it is Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, joe asked: | I have a conflict and cannot search in IE. I think it has | something to do with recently installed Out...

Take a look at this security package for MS Internet Explorer
--wkxkwflyzctyhvvms Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rqzpuhqsbenux"; type="multipart/alternative" --rqzpuhqsbenux Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="emninwtwlrdiclvi" --emninwtwlrdiclvi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer. This up...

W explorer freezes once !
Hi System: W XP SP3 (updated), 1 USB external HDD (Samsung Story Station 1.5 T), AV: Avast Pro 4.8 Updated Windows explorer freezes the first time I try to use it after I open the computer (I have "Restore previous folder window at logon" option checked), regardless the drive I use (int/ext HDD, flash). Windows Task manager shows "Program not responding" and I have to End the task. After I open W Expl again (Win key+E) everything runs normal (rarely it freezes twice). I scanned the computer and I found no viruses. Advices ? Thank...

Explore
Explore and recognise the words meanings in the scriptures http://www.qurancomplex.org/Quran/Targama/Targama.asp Explore the greatest life of the most recognized man in the history of humanity. http://mohammad.islamway.com/ ...

Viewing Folders in Windows Explorer
When I do a search for a file or folder, I want to be able to go to it in Windows Explorer and see the directory hierarchy. Instead, when I right-click on the search results and select "Open in new window" it takes me to the folder, but the directory hierarchy is not expanded. The basic summary of what I want is for Windows Explorer to always show me the complete directory hierarchy for anything I do or view. In my mind, the things such as Desktop are just shortcuts to the folder where they are actually located. Can somebody tell me how to make Windows Explorer always ...

How to turn off Windows explorer?
Hello, I want to build an OS design for a kiosk application, there should only be the application programs user interface, no other possibilities for user operations. I have read that it is possible to keep the Windows explorer from being built into the image but I can't find the catalog item that controls it. Can anybody help me please Thank you very much. Martin Martin wrote... > I want to build an OS design for a kiosk application, there should only > be > the application programs user interface, no other possibilities for user > operations. I have...

LoadLibrary
hi, I have a rather peculiar situation. I am writing a application that determines which DLL needs to be loaded at run-time. I use LoadLibrary Win32 API to load the needed DLL at runtime. LoadLibrary fails to load the dll even though the DLL is present in the location. GetLastError returned me '126' : The sepcified module could not be found. I am loading an MFC Application Extension DLL through a COM. The COM is invoked through a ASP. That means the DLL is to be loaded in the InetInfo.exe. LoadLibrary does not fail for dlls other than Application Extension DLLS. Please can anyone help...

Re: Launching Internet Explorer from my MFC App
Hi All Would anyone out there know how to launch Internet Explorer with a specific URL from an MFC App. I would like to have a menu item that when selected launches Internet Explorer. Thanks in advance Hi, You can use ShellExecute(Ex) passing the url as the file, this will automatically start the associated application which is in the case of a url would be your default browser. ShellExecute(handle, NULL, "http://www.google.com", NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL); Hope this helps Chris Taylor "LarryM" <larryman.nospam@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:XDKcb.12...

Bring back Internet Explorer for Mac
I understand some of your reasoning for discontinuing development of IE for Mac, but the down side for you is that you deprive your advertisers of a market share they might otherwise benefit from. As an advertising agency, we use all Macs. I am not anti-PC or anti-Microsoft by any means. My motives are somewhat self-serving in that there are a number of sites that require IE to access. Not enough to make a difference for us, but I would think that my original assertion should be reason enough. I am certainly aware that software development is not cheap, but the benefits must be weighe...

explorer.exe
right, so basically, whenever i shut down my pc now ( i actually click shut down) my pc wont load up next time i turn it on as it will say " resuming windows" i then have to turn it off to get it working again, then delete the restoration data. secondly, whenever i load up my documents, if i try to load it up again, explorer.exe crashes and i have to restart the pc -- martyn470 On Thu, 13 May 2010 06:02:21 -0500, martyn470 <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote: > >right, so basically, whenever i shut down my pc now ( i actually click >shut down) >...

LoadLibrary Explorer
My latest toy is now available for download: The LoadLibrary Explorer. This allows you to run through various scenarios for LoadLibrary. Interestingly, I have found what appear to be three errors in the documentation (or in the implementation of ::LoadLibrary). I'm disappearing for a couple weeks, so let me know if you discover any problems, and I'll address them in about a month. joe www.flounder.com/loadlibrary_explorer.htm Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm -- NewsGuy.Com 30Gb $9...

Excel data not showing when opening file from explorer #2
I try open an XL file from the windows explorer and the XL program opens, but there is nothing shown. If I open XL and then from within XL look for the file everything works. I have tried reassigning the file type to XL, rebooting, and many other things but nothing seems to work. BTW: the files are in a mapped drive, but again opening from within XL works. Any ideas? Hectoriel Try Tools-Options-General and uncheck Ignore Other Applications. I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot. -- Dick Kusleika MVP - Excel Excel Blog - Daily Dose of Excel www.dicks-blog.com ...

Make Windows Explorer open in a certain spot
Screen shot: http://i47.tinypic.com/33jlqfq.jpg Because I use VNC with a larger screen than my remote monitor, I have to scroll down and to the right. When I open Explorer it is always too high and to the left. Is there any way to force Explorer to open in a different spot? I have set the settings in the screen shot, but the window always opens larger and higher than I want it too. Metspitzer wrote: > Screen shot: > http://i47.tinypic.com/33jlqfq.jpg > > Because I use VNC with a larger screen than my remote monitor, I have > to scroll down and to the right....

Inetinfo and LoadLibrary
Hi, I have a COM. I am invoking a method in the COM from an ASP. I need to make a call to LoadLibrary in this method. For some reason it is returning NULL. Can anyone please help me out ? Regards Ganesh. Run depends.exe on your dll and see if it shows all the dependent dlls correctly. I have no idea about ASP related issues that may do this. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ganesh Amle" <ganeshamle@assetlink.com> wrote in message news:O7Y$Q579DHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... | Hi, | | I have a COM. I am invoking a method in the COM from an ASP. | I need t...

Delete Search in explorer
I want to delete the Search... from explorer when you right click, but I can't find the registry key for it.. Anyone one knows where it is at? Thanks. In news:c7bd3046-634c-4836-a4a3-a1d5347d6f25@y14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, Mint <chocolatemint77581@yahoo.com> typed: > I want to delete the Search... from explorer when you right click, but > I can't find the registry key for it.. > > Anyone one knows where it is at? Why do you think every program feature has a registry key? On Apr 12, 9:37=A0pm, "Greg Russell" <gruss...@invalid.co...

LoadLibrary question
Hi All, Could anyone please let me know if it is possible to load a library which has been built with a /MD compiler witch into an exe which has been build with a /ML compiler switch using 'LoadLibrary'? I am sure that it can be done, but I want to know what will be the implications of such a load? Would that be a good idea? Also, if at all I am to load a dll into an exe which has been statically linked to C runtime libraries (using /ML option), should the dll to be loaded be also statically linked to C runtime libraries or it will be OK if the dll has been dyanamically linked with C...

LoadLibrary not loading dependent libraries?
Can someone tell me if this is the case? Say I have MyDLL_A.dll that uses MyDLL_B.dll When MyExe.exe (that has no dependency on MyDLL_*.dll) calls mod = LoadLibrary("MyDLL_A"); func = GetProcAddress(mod, "foo"); func(); It should fail, shouldn't it? The reason I am asking is because I have a exe (that does not use MFC) trying to load (and then getprocaddress) a DLL that does use MFC... when calling (MFC) functions inside the DLL, it crashes, I suspect this is due to the reason I stated above... am I correct?? If that's the case, can someone tell me what is an ...

CRM shuts down the users Internet Explorer
Hi, I have the following configuration : SrvA (w2k3) : dc + sql; SrvB (w2k3) : Xch + crm. SrvC (w2k3) : ISA2004. Server C is NOT a member of my xxx.local domain. Internally I can reach the CRM server (webbased +thr Outlook). I have configd a srv certificate and installed it on SrvC. I want the Internet part of the communication between external clients and CRM to run thr https, the internal part thr http. For security I want the ISA srv to bridge, not to route. DNS is configd correctly. So I published a secure srv in ISA (publ rule + listener) When an external webclient tries to connect,...

Check important pack for MS Internet Explorer
--eojfcwbasc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="agtsvbarlkrqvjpnc"; type="multipart/alternative" --agtsvbarlkrqvjpnc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tmpcbwupucpalmpj" --tmpcbwupucpalmpj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. In...

LoadLibrary Error
Hi All, I'm trying use LoadLibrary, but always fail, and I get error 998 (GetLastError();) How I fix this. HINSTANCE module = LoadLibrary("E:\\project-ucs\\_project\\system\\soa\\source-ucsms\\out-project\\debug\\wiz-addter.dll"); if(module == NULL) { // error // GetLastError(); MessageBox(err.c_str()); } Thanks Which equates to "Invalid access to memory location." Does the call fail with other DLLs too, or just wiz-addter.dll? Retf wrote: > Hi All, > I'm trying use LoadLibrary, but always fail, and I get error 998 > (GetLastError();) >...

Excel data not showing when opening file from explorer
I try open an XL file from the windows explorer and the XL program opens, but there is nothing shown. If I open XL and then from within XL look for the file everything works. I have tried reassigning the file type to XL, rebooting, and many other things but nothing seems to work. BTW: the files are in a mapped drive, but again opening from within XL works. Any ideas? ...

LoadLibrary/LoadLibraryEx does not follow documentation
I've been playing with LoadLibrary/LoadLibraryEx. I've found several places where I appear to see behavior different than what is documented. I need to work on this more carefully to make sure I haven't done something wrong, but I'm leaving for a couple weeks so I thought I'd toss this set of ideas out, and I'll probably work on it some more when I return. So if you have evidence my conclusions are erroneous, it suggests an error it my test program. For example, using XP SP2, I set HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SafeDllSearchMode to 1. It d...

May be not Excel...rather Explorer? Protect file from unintentional deletion
Hey guys :) My Excel-file is password-protected. This, of course, prevents the file from being destroyed by any casual user, but - 1) will he (or she) still be able to delete the excel-file in Explorer? 2) if so - how can I protect my file from being unintentional deleted by another user? Best regards Snoopy "Snoopy" <blaksnm@jjuc.no> wrote in message news:1f545bd4-a4ee-411f-8ded-28f28f1212d6@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hey guys :) > My Excel-file is password-protected. This, of course, prevents the > file from being destroyed by any casual user, but - > 1...

openning windowa explorer and selecting a file
Hi, I'm looking for an API function that opens the windows explorer on a specific folder and selecting a file in it. I know that the function 'ShellExecute' can open windows explorer but can it select a file (like after downloading a file and pressing 'open folder' and the folder is opened and the downloaded file is selected). Thanks, Ram. > I know that the function 'ShellExecute' can open windows > explorer but can it select a file (like after downloading After you do ShellExecute() as you say you can. Use Spy++ to see if can find the window with FindWi...