Listbox contains check box, small image icon and text

I would like to implement a list control in which every row contains check
box, small image icon and text. how can I do it? Are there any sample codes?
--
Nothing impossible, Nothing sure
0

This will be a good start:

http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/

-----
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/26/2006 5:38:03 AM
"NianHawk" <NianHawk@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> I would like to implement a list control in which every row contains check
> box, small image icon and text. how can I do it? Are there any sample
codes?

Dont know if you want a ListBox or a ListControl. You have mentioned both,
For list boxes, look here:

http://www.codeproject.com/combobox/

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/26/2006 5:43:44 AM
I would suggest you use a list control.  You can do it with a single column
if you don't want to display other information in the row. It's pretty easy
to implement icons for list controls and checkboxes are pretty easy as well.

http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/listctrldemo.asp
http://www.codersource.net/mfc_clistctrl_checkbox.html

Tom

"NianHawk" <NianHawk@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
>I would like to implement a list control in which every row contains check
> box, small image icon and text. how can I do it? Are there any sample
> codes?
> --
> Nothing impossible, Nothing sure

0
tserface (3860)

Compiling several "booklets", each containing 100-articles made by a very tedious method. Hoping I can automate it, somehow.
I have made some screenshots/photos to help illustrate my task Please see: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/5546881/2/generic/how-do-i-automate-this?h=e50bab Could you kindly look at: 1-the-spreadsheet.jpg 2-the-giant-word-document.jpg The annotations on the screenshots illustrate what I need to do. Here is a quick summary - A list of articles has been decided by a 3rd party. (the spreadsheet contains this list) - I need to build a NEW word document - This Word document is built by copying&pasting specific pages from the "giant" word document. I'...

Summing a column with Text & numbers
Hi there, I'm trying to add some values in a column. I have a column (d3 to d50). I need to sum every third row (ie D5, D8, D11, D17 etc.) The problem seems to be that in two rows above each third row there may or may not be some data. I have a formula in each third row to check if the two rows above have some data in and if so multiply them. If not I want nothing to be displayed. Example: D3 contains at time 00:47:20 D4 could contain a value if inputed by the user D5 contains =IF(OR(D3="",D4="")," ",(D3-D4) This series of three continues to the b...

Check Book Register
I need a simple check book register that will work in excel Rustyh, I have one, if you would like to take a look let me know and I will send a copy to you -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "rustyh" <rustyh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FD904C3B-753E-4A64-A9C0-2791AF180C6B@microsoft.com... > I need a simple check book register t...

wrap text
hi gurus under the following I need help. I am trying to type the following set under task name in just one field but the shift->enter does not work , so I need help the first line here and then: A. the bullet here B. the bullet here C. the bullet here can I get soem help making this happen -- guaro ------------------------------------------------------------------------ guaro's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/219556.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1336460.htm http://forums.techarena.in As far as I ...

Check out this security pack which comes from the M$
--tzejinkhipqgs Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ozwexploljpefvtda"; type="multipart/alternative" --ozwexploljpefvtda Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="jghlbnohiexfevp" --jghlbnohiexfevp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure f...

Macro search text boxes
Is there any way for a macro to search or iterate through text boxes? I need to find and replace text that might be within text boxes (and not just in cells), for hundreds of spreadsheets. I don't know what excel or windows versions, but probably 2003 on XP. The following code will look at every workbook in a folder, search every text box (ActiveX control textbox) on every worksheet, and replace FindText with ReplaceText. Change the lines marked with '<<<<< to the values you need. Sub AAA() Dim Folder As String Dim FileName As String Dim WB ...

scrollbar listbox
i'm trying to get rid of the horizontal scrollbar in listbox is it even possible to do that? tia jocke --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Outlook 2003 should let me use Word 2002 to spell check.
As a user using Word 2002 I have just purchased Outlook 2003. However I am very dissappointed to see that only Word 2003 can be used in Outlook to spell check! I think it unreasonable to expect home pc users to upgrade all packages every year! You can spell check on either F7 or set OL to spell check on send. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutio...

filter a listbox
Hi, i have made a form where i have 4 combolistbox (named: BOX1, BOX2, BOX3, BOX4) and a listbox (Named: LIST1, it is based on a table). i want to filter the data in the listbox by selecting some filter criteria in one of the 4 combolistboxes. i have tried to find out what to do, but i can't make anything of the solutions to work. I hope someone can help me with my problem. David, Why not base your listbox on a query. Within the query you can reference the comboboxes. In the after update of the combobox you can place a me.listbox.requery which will requery the source of the listbo...

BillPay Processing Date in Check Register
This feature is just awful. As a user, I can accept that I need to cancel "in advance" of the delivery date. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to manage account balances (and determine if you have enough money in there) when the date in the register is often a week in advance of when the debit will occur? Microsoft! Please change this back! Now this is just weird. I closed Money and reopened it a little later and now the payment date is showing up in my register and not the processing date. Does anybody have any experience with this type of behavior? "Eric Ko...

Check for New Mail
I am trying to create a sort of Help Desk system for my department. I have linked the database to a generic Mailbox so the e-mails appear as a linked table in the Table area. I then import the data into manually created table so i can use the data. Is there any way of identifying new e-mail so I can copy it from the linked table into my manual table and assign it a number. Any ideas would be most appreciated. ...

Spell checking original text
Within Tools, Options, Spelling, I have checked the box "Ignore original message text in Reply of Forward". Despite this, when I click send and SpellChecker does its stuff, it continues to deal with the original email. Is there another setting that I need to invoke to stop it from worrying about the original email text. -- Regards, Darren In replies do you have the original message prefixed with a character (typically '>')? If so, spell checking will check the original message, too. "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

ListBox
On my form I have a combobox with a value list. After I make my selection I would like to run a query (after_update) and have it populate a list box? Is this possible and how? The query is simple and will only select one field from my table with about 20 records. Then is it possible to select certian values in this list box (may CTRL Click the ones I want) and then have a report print out based on what I selected in the list box with other selection on my form? Thanks, Sean, In the combo's AfterUpdate event, you need to add code to set the listbox's RowSource property. ...

system file check
I tried to run a system file check. It said to insert the XP SP3 disc. My computer came with something older (I don't remember which SP, but it was about 2-1/2 years ago). Is there a way to run a SFC without the SP3 disc? -- Replace you know what by j to email No you need to create a slipstreamed version of Windows XP disk to get the right CD for the purpose. I suggest read this article: <http://www.theeldergeek.com/slipstreamed_xpsp3_cd_final.htm> hth Jan Philips wrote: > > I tried to run a system file check. It said to insert the XP SP3 > disc....

listbox inconsistencies
I am a relatively new VBA user and this is my first post to this forum. I am using Excel 2002 sp3 with VBA (help shows VB 6.03 version 1024) on an XP sp3 machine. I have a project with one workbook that has one form - frmRecordJob. This form has a calendar control, a combo box, 2 listboxes, some labels, and 2 text boxes. The 2 list boxes (lstCode1 and lstCode2) are in a frame. lstCode2 was created by copy/paste from lstCode1. Checking their properties shows them to be identical except for the tab indices and top properties. The value and text properties are both empty, with no...

Say "OK" to dialog box
When I connect to my web site to open an Excel file from it, I get a "connect to www.osbornewood.com" box with my user name and password. Can I tell this (in a macro, maybe?) to always say OK? Matthew ...

Displaying currency as 2 decimals as part of a larger text
Hi, I have the value 2.00 in Cell A1 with formatting as $ Currency In cell A2 I have a formula = "The discount given was - $" & A1 The display I get in A2 is "The discount given was - $2" The trailing decimal zeroes get truncated in display. How to overcome the same? On the other hand...if I had the value 2.04 in cell A1 then the decimal display in A2 does NOT get truncated. Pls suggest a solution. Thanks, Hari ="The discount given was - $" &text(A1,"#,##0.00") or maybe ="The discount given was - " &text(A1,"$#,##0.0...

Outlook 2k Calender Timezone Issue--Daylight check box not checked
hello, I've encountered a mysterious problem that's only been happening a few months or so. The check box for automatically adjusting for daylight savings time in Outlook 2000 is now unchecked by default on the last several computers I've set up, and one that was already set up and not exhibiting the problem until I set up a new user login. I've set up numerous PC's the exact same way and had no problems until recently. We discovered the issue becuase a shared calender on our exchange server was showing certain people's entries as being an hour off, and ce...

Dialog box font is not fixed.
Hi, When I set font using resource editor, for entire dialog box, the font is not fixed. On porting the exe to different machine the font changes. How can I make font static for exe. Can I include font file with exe or inside resource file. Help Dwaach Hello, First off what type of font are you using (if the type of font your are using in your dialog box is not found on the user's system MFC tends to default your application to a known font (say Times New Roman, or System) at similar or slightly different font sizes. Please specify what font you are using and I can tell you wh...

Add a Taxable Gross Amount field to the Payroll Checks
Customers would like to see the Taxable Gross Amount on each employee's Earnings Statement. Here is an example of the formula in this case. Gross - (401K + TSA deductions) ...

Move data between ListBoxes
I created a UserForm with two list boxes (ListBox1 & ListBox2). Right now when I show the Form ListBox1 is the only ListBox with choices inside of it. The problem I am having is that I’d like to be to be able to double click a selection from ListBox1 and have it be moved over to ListBox2. Similarly, I would like to be able to double click a selection after I have moved it to ListBox2 and have it be move back over to ListBox1. Can you help me develop the code that will perform the procedure I am trying to add to this form? see if this helps http://www.dailydose...

add background image to SDI Application
Hi, Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to add the background image to SDI application ? a sample project will be great. Regards, Kenji Just draw the background image in your view's OnDraw handler. joe On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:02:08 -0800 (PST), "aloha826@gmail.com" <aloha826@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can someone tell me what is the easiest way to add the background >image to SDI application ? >a sample project will be great. > >Regards, >Kenji Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: ...

counting cells that contain a specific value
I have a spreadsheet containing hundreds of business contact names, addresses, etc., with the city and state in adjacent columns. I'm trying to find a good way to easily and quickly count the number of contacts in a particular city. One obvious way might be to sort by city name and count the rows, being careful not to count those contacts in a city with the same name, but a different state -- e.g., Columbia MD vs. Columbia SC. There are a lots of entries for each cities, so a manual count could easily be wrong. "Countif" looks like it could be used to do this if I set u...

Image Viewer using ATL COM
Hi, Can any one help me to create an Image viewer using ATL COM; I need to use the viewer in Windows and Web applications. Thanks and Regards RGP On Jul 2, 9:38 am, Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai <RinuGopalakrishnaPil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can any one help me to create an Image viewer using ATL COM; > > I need to use the viewer in Windows and Web applications. > > Thanks and Regards > > RGP Post this in ATL/COM related ng instead of a MFC ng. --- Ajay Depending on the type of images you want to view you may want to take a l...

Text in autoshape not displayed
Hi, I have Excel 2002 and when i create autoshapes and enter the text in them i cannot see them. I can only see that shape and colour in it. I see the text types in it when i select that object. Plz assist me how can I see the text in that box or object. Make sure that the font color is not the same as the fill color. "Gaurav" wrote: > Hi, > I have Excel 2002 and when i create autoshapes and enter the text in them i > cannot see them. I can only see that shape and colour in it. I see the text > types in it when i select that object. Plz assist me how can I see the...