List of selectable items

How do I implement a control which has multiple rows of selectable data - a
bit like the "Details" view in Windows Explorer or the list of messages in a
newsgroup...? I want to display a list of severs with fields such as Name,
Location, IP address, port number etc.

0
POIUYT (2)
11/1/2005 10:56:04 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can use the Report view of a listview control. By default you can select
multiple rows, unless you check the "single selection" option.

Hope this helps

"POIUYT" <POIUYT@hello.com> wrote in message
> How do I implement a control which has multiple rows of selectable data -
> a bit like the "Details" view in Windows Explorer or the list of messages
> in a newsgroup...? I want to display a list of severs with fields such as
> Name, Location, IP address, port number etc.

0
r_ayaz1 (9)
11/1/2005 11:21:11 AM
Place to start:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcmfc98/html/_mfc_clistctrl.asp

Tom

"POIUYT" <POIUYT@hello.com> wrote in message
> How do I implement a control which has multiple rows of selectable data -
> a bit like the "Details" view in Windows Explorer or the list of messages
> in a newsgroup...? I want to display a list of severs with fields such as
> Name, Location, IP address, port number etc.

0
tserface (3861)

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

Mailing List Duplicates
Is there a software program that works with excel to delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the thousands. Thanks for any and all help. Gordon habitated@gulftel.com one way? data>advanced filter, copy to another location and unique records only "Gordon" <habitated@gulftel.com> wrote in message news:032201c3796f$ab75f130$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a software program that works with excel to > delete duplicate names? Our mailing list is in the > thousands. Thanks for any and all help. > > Gordon > habitated@gulftel.com ...

Item class roll down
we made changes to some of our item classes to have 4 decimal places for currency which were originally set to 2 decimal places. Apparently, the change did not roll down to the existing items in the class. Is there a work around for this or a script maybe? any suggestion would be appreciated. thanks! Changes to the currency decimal places in the inventory class id's do not roll down due to the existance of open PO/SO's/MOP's et cetera. Making these changes to the items in the iv00101 by changing the decimal places field via a SQL update command is dangerous. Make a ful...

Item not selected by default when changing folders
It used to be that I would change folders and the first item (contact, e-mail, whatever) would be selected/highlighted. I must have changed something though because now when I change folders, no item is selected. This is a real pain when I try to do a quick lookup of a contact (where you just type the first few characters), because I have to use my mouse to first highlight one of the contacts, and then start typing. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Auto reply to Sent Item after a specified time
Hi, I need to use some an auto reply on one account that will check specific Sent Items and their corresponding replies and send an email after x days if no reply has been received. For e.g. Joe Bloggs sends an email (with Voting Buttons). The recipient receives this email but does not reply. If after 10 days their is no reply received then a "chase email" is sent asking the user to action the email. I'm really not sure if this is possible but if it is I think it will need some scripting. The rule must work on only sent emails that haven't been replied to (i.e not Out ...

Lists with Excel 2003
I like to organize my lists for dropdown data selection in a separate worksheet. I've been using an older version of Excel and could have lists in a different worksheet. It seems that Excel 2003 doesn't allow this. Or am I not doing something correctly? Thanks, Keith You can use a list on a different sheet, if the range is named. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Keith wrote: > I like to organize my lists for dropdown data selection in a separate > worksheet. I've been using an older version of Excel and could have lists in...

Sorting ignoring alpahnumeric lists ignoring "the" and "an".
I am trying to sort a large alphanumeric list of titles, but wish to do so igniring definitive articles such as "The" and "an". Is there anyone that can tell me how to do this? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ create a dummy column using =Substitute(Substitute(substitute(A1,"the ",""),"an ",""),"And ","") then drag fill down the column. Sort on the column with the formul...

Items
certain items that have been already put into our inventory can only be scanned at the POS. In manager we're unable to find them. That is.. they don't show up in our inventory or items in the manager. Does anyone know how to solve this problem TIA They may have been changed to inactive items. You can change this using the wizards menu to update the items. In the RMS Help Menu type in 'inactive items' and the instructions will walk you through. This is assuming they are inactive items. "cjones" wrote: > certain items that have been already put into our...

Mixing lists
I had this identical problem doing this in Access as well. I copy/pasted two CSV lists into an Excel file, one preceeding the other. Both list state, as well as several other columns of information which represent which company owns the item on that row, and the ID that company uses for the item. I cannot Query Access or sort in Excel the combined list by state. The result I get is two consecutive lists sorted by state. I need to merge these two lists into an Access database file. Please Help! Usarian M. Skiff Hi a couple of ideas: ensure that "state" is in the same ...

multi-select picklists
Unbelievable that something as simple as a multi select picklist is not incorporated into the CRM 3.0! We have a situation where our client requires a multi selection from dropdown or a combo box, however, it didnt take us long to find out that neither is available in the CRM!! WHY NOT for heaven sakes, it is probably one of the most widely used features in any application, especially in an enterprise application! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&...

Selected application/file not on top
If I currently have 18 windows open (and yes, I work with that many open at times) of various programs, and I open another file from a shortcut or from the Desk Top's "My Documents", or from Recent Documents, it opens minimized with all the other windows at the bottom of the screen, then I have to look for it and click on it to maximize it. Why does it open in a minimized status? Is there a way to change this? Connie In news:D0C235BB-0E9E-437E-9B88-520CDE7968A1@microsoft.com, Connie Martin <ConnieMartin@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > If I currently...

after selecting grindlines, why does it still print without any?
After I select with grindlines , why does it still show none? go to the last tab in Page Setup dialog and select gridlines. Two different settings - one for the screen and one for printing. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "cson" <cson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD89BC83-7D48-41A6-8309-D88DFA6943F6@microsoft.com... > After I select with grindlines , why does it still show none? Assuming you are selecting "gridlines" in the Page Setup>Sheet dialog. Perhaps you have "Draft Quality" checked also. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 25 Ma...

copy subcalendar items to main calendar
I have a fairly large sub-calendar in Outlook 2002. I need to move and/or copy those calendar items to the main calendar in order to share it with others. I have attempted to export them and then import but it creates another subfolder. If I uncheck to include subfolders it does nothing at all. Is there any way to bulk move all these items? While viewing your sub-calendar, choose view - current view - events. Then you can select all and drag them into your main calendar. Kevin Michael System Engineer >-----Original Message----- >I have a fairly large sub-calendar in Outlook...

Outlook Client deletes GAL from Address Book Search List.
Installation of the Desktop Outlook Client using an Adminstrative install (ie. from a network share published through Group Policy) causes the Global Address list to disappear from the Address Book Search List. You can see the effect if you open the Address Book and then select Tools | Options. All of the CRM address book entries are present; but the Global Address List is missing. This happens even if the user performing the install has local admin rights on the workstation. If the user performs the install from the CD this problem does not occur. The end result of this is that autom...

different address list when delegating
When delegating the address list shown is a subset of the Global Address List even though the rest of Outlook has the Global address list and I am not on this subset of the GAL. ...

I need to list multiple related records within a single report she
I have a report which shows data, one sheet per school, for secondary schools. On each school's sheet I need to list the feeder primary school(s). At the moment, when there is more than one feeder primary school, the report is creating one duplicate sheet per secondary school, each with a different primary listed, rather than listing, say, 2 or 3 primary schools on the one secondary school reoport sheet. How do I solve this? Any help would be much appreciated. The primary school data is drawn from a different, but related, table to the secondary data, with a one-to-many join on the...

Calling add customer / add item functionallity from addin
I am developing a new addin and would like to call the add customer and add item UI directly from my addin without having to switch back and forth between the addin and POS. Not actually wanting to add them to a transaction just the database. I could access the dB directly but I don't want to reinvent the wheel and I want to use RMS so all the entries and validation are sweet. Micro$oft crew if you are reading this and other posts, then you probably know why open source software is doing so well. Publish your full API for Version 1.2 and you might sell more product!!! ...

Problem on junk mail list for Outlook 2003
Dear All My outlook 2003 is connected to MS exchange 2003 server, In past, I will add some email address to junk e-mail list using web browser, but now I cannot add in junk e-mail list use web browser now, it show "Unable to add the list, The maximum size for the list is 1024 entries" or " A error occured procured your Junk mail lists, You are over the size limited on the server". But If I add the email address to junk e-mail list using MS outlook 2003, the list can can update to web-base now, How can I solve this problem Rgds Alan OWA supports fewer than Outloo...

select based on count
Hi all I have a table UserName PrinterName PageCount Message criss HP 7 Printed criss Xerox 6 Printed criss menolta 5 printed bob hp 3 printed bob hp 4 Printed I wanted to get thouse users whos Pages count is greater than 10 here criss's page count is 18 (7+6+5) greater than 10 but bob has only printed 7 lesser than 10 how to write a query to get the details of the user who's Pagecount is greater than 10 -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/200912/1 roma_victa via SQLMonster.com (u56444@uwe...

authorizing a sale of an item.
there are items in my store that I want to authorize the sale off. For example if a customer has 10 items that are regular items and one item that I don't want to be sold without my authorization. Instead of training my cashiers which are the items that I don't want to be sold without my authorization I want the RMS not allow the sale of that specific item and ask for an authorization. Can you help? HI Hayk, its again Akber, I belive such thing is not available right now, you are talking about workflow where authorization has passed and then you can move one. but you can do ...

Echange deleted items sent to disabled
Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the deleted items retention selected? Dana wrote: > Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted > items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the > deleted items retention selected? Nope. Only from backup. Which is a royal pain. One of the first things you should enable when setting up Exchange is DIR...will save you a lot of headaches. Also - since you posted something related to this a few messages...

Creating Price Lists
Hi, We are busy developing a product catalog and due to the nature of our business, all pricing within CRM will be user provided. We have been advised to create a base price list using a zero amount to maintain the integrity of the system. We have also been experimenting with a non applicable price list. Could someone please advise on what they believe the best price with regards to this might be? Thanks Mark Hi Mark, I've just spent all day today configuring Microsoft CRM with a 250product price list for one of our clients. (A very, very time consuming process. Each product had ...

Contact Lists #3
I reinstalled Outlook 2007 and copied over the pst file from a backup. There are two contact lists but only one of them (Contacts) is offered to select email addresses from. How can I add the send list as well so that I can select an address from there when sending emails. Jan Right-click the second Contacts folder in the Folder List and click Properties, then click Outlook Address Book, and check the box on that tab. -- Jocelyn Fiorello *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Jan...

How do I remove an internet calendar from "other" calendar list
1. I added a TripIt internet calendar to Outlook. It wasn't behaving correctly so I readded it and tried to delete the old one but Outlook won't let me delete it ("Cannot delete this folder. Right click the folder, and then click properties to check your permissions for the folder"). But when I right click the calendar there are no options for checking permissions. 2. Not all my regular Outlook calendar items are showing up on my iPhone. This may have started after I first added a TripIt calendar to Outlook so may be related to above. I see the appointment in O...

DL list order
OK, this one is not critical, but I have one user on my 5.5 server who, when shw is on a distribution list, always is the first email address listed. The rest of the email addresses sort alphabetically by first letter of first name, but this user (initials XW) always shows up first on the list. Any guesses why? Have you verified there isn't anything like a space in front of her first name? Does she also show up at the top of the GAL? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne <meandmrwalker@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1118846940.614745.301190@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com......