Linking error LNK2001 - unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Tidy(unsigned sho

Hi All,

I am facing a very unique problem while compling my project in
"Release" build.
The project is building in DEBUG mode but giving linking error on
Release build.
Here is the error:
   Creating library Release/fnimqcmd.lib and object
Release/fnimqcmd.exp
CoIMQCmd.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >::_Tidy(unsigned short)"
(__imp_?_Tidy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_
traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEXG@Z)
CoIMQCmd.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) private: unsigned short __thiscall
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> >::_Grow(unsigned int,unsigned short)"
(__imp_?_Grow@?
$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEGIG@Z)
Release/fnimqcmd.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

My project is a MFC extension DLL using "Use MFC in shared DLL". I
started running into this problem when I have used STL::vector in my
project. Somehow I feel that this is the cause of the problem but not
able to locate the reasons.

Furthermore, I am able to compile the project in "Debug"
confiiguration. In "Release" configuration if we turn off the
optimization i.e project settings->Optimization-> Disable(Debug) we are
able to link it successfully.

Following are some more project settings under C/C++ tab->Code
generation:-

Processor->Blend*
Use run-time library-> Multithreaded DLL(/MD)
Calling Conventions -> __cdecl*

My product build is being stucked due to this project so an early
response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Deepak

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

sharmadeep1980@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am facing a very unique problem while compling my project in
> "Release" build.
> The project is building in DEBUG mode but giving linking error on
> Release build.
> Here is the error:
>    Creating library Release/fnimqcmd.lib and object
> Release/fnimqcmd.exp
> CoIMQCmd.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
> "__declspec(dllimport) private: void __thiscall
> std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
> std::allocator<char> >::_Tidy(unsigned short)"
> (__imp_?_Tidy@?$basic_string@DU?$char_
> traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@AAEXG@Z)

Compare the project's linker settings in the debug and the release
configuration.  You have a library in the debug settings that also needs
to be added in the release settings.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

0
Scott

OMA internal server error 500
Hello - I've just tried to get OMA setup and I've encountered th following error http: error 500 (internal server error Runtime erro <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -- <configuration <system.web <customErrors mode="Off"/ </system.web </configuration to display error messag Having changed the web.config file the error still persists This occurs when I logon with domain\username: passwor What is the problem? There are a few posts relating to this but n responses - if anyone responds to this I'll be most greatful ...

Excel hart has OLE onject errors in Access 2007
I am trying to build a chart on a form in Access 2007. I have already created it in Excel and want it to look the same but it seems that the formatting options are greatly reduced, fewer chart options, and formatting variations in Access. I tried to copy and paste the chart from Excel 2007 onto my Access form, and gave it the query as the data source but got messages "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." If I remove the name of the query I get an identical chart to the one in Excel, ...

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

remove space and chars. replace() does not work
I need to remove characters and spaces from a database field and replace() is not working for me. I dont know if I am using it properly. I am putting it in the queries window and it says I cannot use it without select or update. Can some1 help me on how exactly to use replace(). Thank you in advance. removeChars wrote: >I need to remove characters and spaces from a database field and >replace() is not working for me. I dont know if I am using it >properly. I am putting it in the queries window and it says I cannot >use it without select or update. Can some1 help me on how exact...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

where do the windows class gets registered?
Hello all! I am learing windows programming and mfc. and getting confused terribly. Here is my latest confusion.:) We make our own class with the help of wndclass structure. and then register it with the help of RegisterClass function. Now my confusion is where do that class gets registered? In the windows own registry??? If yes can we find the entry of our own class in the windows registry? Hope I haven't asked a totally insane question :)? Regards, Yogesh P Joshi "yogesh" <ypjofficial@indiatimes.com> wrote in message news:f88a27e4.0408232114.1bd9b4ce@posting.goog...

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

e-connect error after install hotfix
Hi i have security problem with e-connect after install kb902400 on server2003 sp1 if i uninstall kb902400 the module run well. i talk to my MBS about this problem, but he says the problem came from microsoft in e-connect module itself. some one have a work around. thx ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Email Server is offline error msg
Hello, I upgraded a user's Office XP that didn't have any SPs to SP2. Now when she double-clicks the Outlook icon, the "Email Server is offline" error message is displayed. When she clicks on retry, her Outlook launches okay and her inbox appears. And her email appears to work okay. Does anyone know how to fix the error message? Thanks, Millie Sounds like a name resolution problem to me. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstation? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unab...

links

Item Allocation Discrepancies
I am showing a discrepancy between an item's allocated quantity on the Item Quantities Maintenance screen, and the Bin Quantity Inquiry screen. On the Item Quantities Maintenance screen, the Allocated quantity is 2. If I click the "Allocated" hyperlink to view the documents causing the allocation, the information here matches (one sales order and one picklist each with a quantity of one). However, if I go to the Bin Quantity Inquiry screen for the item, the quantity allocated totals 8 pieces. Why would these quantities be different. We just ran checklinks and...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Public Form Classes
We (unfortunately) had an outside source write a utility app. (This is the one using the Telnet session I asked about previously.) The guy wrote a class that wraps the Winsock control utilizing....... "Private WithEvents Socket As MSWinsockLib.Winsock" at the top of the class....I'll call it clsROS. Now here's the question...... There is a login form, and a GUI configuration form. You use the login form, and when successfully logged in, the GUI config forms shows. The login form has a privately dim'd clsROS on it. The GUI form has a public dim'...

Links

Where is the class wizard in VC2003!!!!
Hello group: I've updated the VC6 to VC2003, but I'm surprise!!!! I have two problem: 1. where is the class wizard? I don't see. 2. How can I insert the CDaoRecordset/CDaoRecordview class in a proyect? Thanks in advance. ...

Error R6025
Please help... I am (trying to) run office 2000 and Microsoft XP... (I'm wondering if the combo is the problem) I CANNOT open Office for more than 30 seconds. I get Runtime error R6025! Any suggestions would be helpful.. I've done searches and reinstalled Office 2000... so far.. NADA! ...

Display class methods.
Hi, After a class A object is created in Visual C++, normally after typing the name of the object, a small list will pop-up automatically for user to select the available methods. However, sometimes the list doesn't pop-up, especially when I use some user defined classes. Does anybody know how to show the list in this situation? Why does this happen? Thanks. Leo It works. May I know how this solves the problem? Leo "Koisang Leong" <leoleong1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uT$tNKlWDHA.2880@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After a class A objec...

email links in Publisher pdf

Change owner of folder on external disk
I use Robocopy to backup music and photos on a external Western Digital 1TB disk that is on a local network. The backup worked fine in both cases initially. Now, the backup for music files is failing with : Robocopy fails with *EXTRA File 1.9 m A Fine Romance-Browne.mp3 2010/02/15 16:56:41 ERROR 5 (0x00000005) Deleting Extra File \\externaldrive\public\BackUp-Music\recordings\AmbroseNew\A Fine Romance-Browne.mp3 Access is denied. This is the command line using UNC addressing: Robocopy C:\Users\Owner\Music\recordings\ \\externaldrive\public\BackUp-Music\recordings\ ...

Chart template and links

CSocket pump message error again and again ...
Hi, I have a serious probleme with my CSocket. I have a thread that is using a CSocket to send and receive data. I use the Attach/detach function to put my socket in the thread. All works wonderfully .... 97% of the time. Sometimes, when i really try to make my application crash (by sending many datas with Send) the i got the assertion in the following function BOOL CSocket::PumpMessages(UINT uStopFlag) { <snip> ASSERT(pState->m_hSocketWindow != NULL); // << Assertion here I read so many post speaking about this problem .... but my case is specific: - My socket work...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables