Linker Errors

Hi Guys,

After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in
order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a bunch of linker errors that have
stummped me.

It says it can't find _xGetMonitorInfo, _xMonitorFromWindow, and
_xGetSystemMetrics.

I suspect that I have to update my SDK, here is the question, if I'm using
VS2003, can I update my SDK to get rid of this problem?

AliR.

0
AliR
11/24/2009 6:04:01 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

AliR wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in
> order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a bunch of linker errors that have
> stummped me.
>
> It says it can't find _xGetMonitorInfo, _xMonitorFromWindow, and
> _xGetSystemMetrics.
>
> I suspect that I have to update my SDK, here is the question, if I'm using
> VS2003, can I update my SDK to get rid of this problem?
>
> AliR.

Hi,
I've been compiling with 0x501 for years. I'm using vs2003 too. (I keep
threating my wife to upgrade :)

My sdk is:
(R2)(3790.2075) I think I recall pretty clearly that I installed it
after VS. It was a long time ago...

For what ever reason, this link shows a lesser version number.
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en>

Best, Dan.
0
DanB
11/24/2009 7:20:42 PM
Hello AliR,

Thanks Dan for your suggestion.

As the managed support service of the newsgroup microsoft.public.vc.mfc is
now available instead on Visual C++ General forum:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vcgeneral/. Would you please
repost the question in the forum with the Windows Live ID used to access
your Subscription benefits? Our engineers will assist you in the new
platform. The article
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa974230.aspx introduces more
information about the migration. In the future, please post your
MFC-related questions directly to the forums. If you have any questions or
concerns, please feel free to contact us: msdnmg@microsoft.com.

Regards,
Rongchun Zhang
Microsoft Online Community Support

msdnmg@microsoft.com.

MSDN Managed Newsgroup and Forum support offering is for non-urgent issues

error when migrating from 2004 to 2005
We have encountered some problem while migrating from 2004 to 2005, when upgrading the database, it gives us an error message about read-only files. We have searched the knowledge base and found that microsoft is aware of this problem and it is caused by the corruption within the database. We followed the instruction on the microsoft website, however, when using the repair facility within the money program, the corruption is said to be fixed, but in 2005 it still does not upgrade and still have the readonly error message. Then we tried to use the tool on the Money disk (which is supp...

Error
How do i get rid of this error?? I copied a database. I am tryong to change the combo box from nound to unbound object. I have checked off all the required boxed under tool-options- view. I have also granted access to the table. I dont know what else to do. below is a sample of the code. Your help will greated be appreciated. Private Sub Form_Load() On Error GoTo UserForm_Initialize_Err Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset Dim con As String, strConn strConn = " C:\Documents and Settings\Sp-0010\Desktop\2010-css-database\S-DB_...

Exchange Error on Send/Received
Hi, I'm running MS Exchange Server 2003 with SP2, on client when I pressed send received button its shows following error under "Errors" Tab. Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation faild. An object could not be found.' Clients are able to send and received e-mail properly but GAL are also not populated completely only default GAL displayed. Please let me know how can I resolve this issue Naseem ...

Linker Errors
Hi Guys, After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a bunch of linker errors that have stummped me. It says it can't find _xGetMonitorInfo, _xMonitorFromWindow, and _xGetSystemMetrics. I suspect that I have to update my SDK, here is the question, if I'm using VS2003, can I update my SDK to get rid of this problem? AliR. AliR wrote: > Hi Guys, > > After I changed my WINVER, _WIN32_WINNT, and _WIN32_WINDOWS all to 0x501, in > order to get access to PrintWindow, I get a...

Outlook 2007 Receive Error
I have begun to receive the error message, "Receiving' reported error (0x80040154): 'Unknown Error 8s80040154'. And I cannot receive e-mails into my Outlook 2007. Any resolution available? Try this: click 'Start|Run' and enter the following: regsvr32 inetcomm.dll Click OK. Please let us know if this works. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!" KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4 Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com &qu...

Linker problem?
I have a MFC solution built in Studio.NET 2003. There are 2 projects(DLL), I can build one of it. For anotherone, it said link problem: can not link to the first. Which part I missed? Let say, I have built the first project and got first.dll and first.lib. Then I copy the first.lib to the second project and in second project setting->linker->input, add first.lib. But I still got link error said can not resolve external symbol which is defined in the first project. What I missed? btw, don't keep copying around lib files. Use project dependencies. Are you sure you have exported ...

Exchange Errors
I am exeriencing errors with my Exchange 5.5 Servers. I am receiving Error Event ID 9322 constantly. An interface error has occurred. An MTABindBack over RPC has failed. What is the best way to address this? Event ID 9318 An RPC communications error occured. Unable to bind over RPC locality table LTAB index 45 NT.MTA error code 1753. Thanks... Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 member servers. Rustom Add the netbios and fqdn of the two machines involved to the host file (4 total entries). Copy the file to both machines - restart MTA. Still having issues - look for teaming nics. -- Hop...

Error when trying to select "Remove all Bills Data"
I decided I would tackle removing all of my 60+ bills/deposits/transfers to speed up M07 since I have such slow performance. (Slow performance for me is: I click on Bill Summary after opening Money and have to wait a full minute of white screen before page appears. If I edit a bill or transaction in Bill Summary it is taking 11-12 seconds to come back to the Bills Summary screen after I click OK.) So...I printed out the schedule of my Bills/Deposits/splits and then proceded to click on Remove Bills Data. After about 30 seconds I got an error message "There has been an error reading or wr...

Outlook Synchronization Error
Hi I have a problem trying to synchronize offline folders with the Exchange Server. I have a Exchange 5.5 - SP 4 (running on window 2000) and having problem with Outlook 2000(SR-1a) and 2002(SP2). When synchronization is completed, a synchronization log is created in the deleted folders as below. 12:12:00 Synchronizing Hierarchy 12:12:00 Synchronizing Favorites 12:12:00 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' 12:12:16 5 item(s) added to offline folder 12:12:16 Error synchronizing folder 12:12:16 [80004005-501-50A-550] 12:12:16 The client operation failed. 12:12:16 Microsoft ...

Error messages when tendering
Hello, Our RMS 1.0 started giving error messages and crashing out when tendering a sale. This happens on any transaction where payment is involved, but does not happen when the transaction does not involve money coming in, such as a sale on account, or saving changes to a layaway. Below are the two messages that pop up. As you can imagine, resolving this is critical for our the functioning of our store. Any help is appreciated, since hiring a tech is not an option right now. -Ben 503-233-2577 http://www.seriousjuggling.com --- 1st error: Error #-2147467259 Connection...

Error on start-up, lock-up on delete
Every time I start Outlook Express, I get an exception c0000006H in module DIRECTDB.dll at 0137:5f585460. I can drag that error message out of the way and read, send and receive e-mail but if I try to delete anything, outlook locks up. Any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated. For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook...

msexcimc.exe crashing periodically, different error.
I've seen similar posts about the IMS crashing, but my error seems to be different than others. This varies from happening as far apart as once a week to many times a day. Application popup: System Process - Application Error : The instruction at "0x0044bf72" referenced memory at "0x01522a2d". The memory could not be "read". Also, incoming SMTP mail continues to be delivered until I click "ok" on the application popup, then the IMS stops. Outbound mail begins to be queued as soon as the popup appears. Should I apply the referenced 301690 or 884...

Out of context error in user defined function
Apologies to anyone who has already read this in Functions. I realised after a few daysa of no response that I had posted in the wrong stream. Excel 2007 query Error received in VBA window (Debug) = <Out of Context> Error on Spreadsheet = #VALUE# I have 'formatted' this function in much the same way as my twenty or more other functions in this spreadsheet, yet I end up with Out of Context. I have tried various approaches including an 'On Calculate' called sub-routine, but all to no avail. The code for the function is stored in Module1 of an xlam, w...

Crystal Repots Error Fix
I'm looking for the fix for this error: File frs://Input/a_175/000/000/175/a482dcd118d51e.rpt not found on File Repository Server. [On Cache/Page Server: CBCRM01.pageserver]" The error is listed as a known problem in the MBS TK when CRM is uninstalled and reinstalled to an existing database, but the fix is not published. Thanks Hi Nancy Long time no talk! Hope you are doing well. Please log a support request with our team on this issue. The fix is not published because the fix requires a CRM Support Engineer to dial in and resolve the issue with you for the first time. Thi...

resolving external references in linker
What is the order of resolving external references in linker in Visual C++ 6.0 ? I have a class in a library. I include the library in my MFC-project. In that project I have a newer version of the same class. How can I make sure that my source code in that project uses that newer class and not the older one from the library? Use namespaces? "Mikko Kuorisuo" <juppistuuk@online.nospam> wrote in message news:OqUNULfNFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What is the order of resolving external references in linker in Visual C++ > 6.0 ? > > I have a class in a libr...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Error message when downloading
I get an error message when I try to download from outlook saying process "timed out." One FAQ mentioned changing settings on a certain router but it is not the one I use. My ISP says Outlook may be corrupted. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

MSCRMAddressBook Error
I've Installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 and the Outlook tools and everything worked fine for about two days. Now I'm getting the following error when I startup Windows and of course CRM for outlook never loads. ***Begin **************************************************** An error occurred with the Microsoft CRM Address Book - the user could not be authenticated. Check user credentials, network connections and CRM server availability and try restarting Microsoft CRM. HR=0x80004005. Context=Access check. Function=CheckWhoAmIAndAccess. Line=940. ******End*********************************...

what is /safeSEH linker option ?
Can anyone tell me significance of /safeSEH linker option ? Should I set it for my project ? ajay@webtechdevelopers.com wrote on 1/31/2005 5:14 AM: > Can anyone tell me significance of /safeSEH linker option ? > Should I set it for my project ? > ms-help://MS.VSCC.2003/MS.MSDNQTR.2003FEB.1033/vccore/html/vclrfSAFESEHImageHasSafeExceptionHandlers.htm is directly from VStudio help. a much better description than anyone could type ...

Averageif error in 2007??
I have been using the averageif formula in 2007. According to the help file the "range" or "average_range" can include arrays, However when I have attempted to set an array for evaluation only the first column is evaluated in the result. I only discovered this when I compared it to my old method which was to use an array function "average(if". Is this a problem with the averageif formula or am I missing something? Larry Syntax AVERAGEIF(range,criteria,average_range) Range is one or more cells to average, including numbers or names, arrays, or references ...

transferred docs to new computer, getting errors on some

Edit Links Error Message
I have a document with charts in it that originally came from another source. When I try to do an "Update Fields" on the entire document (Ctrl-A first, then F9), I get a message that says the linked file is not available and tells me to use the Edit Links command. I click OK, but this message comes up repeatedly for each link in the document, then finally allows me to do the update. Once that is done, however, Word stops working and I have to close the document and start over. I have gone to Edit Links (Microsoft Office button > Prepare > Edit Links to Files) a...

Payment error
I am receiving the following error message when doing a manual payment against and AP invoice: Distributions haven't been updated for your change. Use the Payables Transaction Entry Distribution window to update the cash account distribution. I have gone into the posted AP invoice and it all looks correct to me. At this point, I am wondering what the problem is and why this is happening. Thanks! Laura Laura, Have you double checked to make sure the distributions in your manual payment are correct? The error is referring to the Payables Entry Transaction Distributions in the M...

Conversion errors Access 7.0 -> Access 2003
I am trying to convert an Access 7.0 file to the 2003 program. I get an error message: "Visual Basic Applications project in database is corrupt". I then created a blank database in 2003 imported the existing tables without problem. However, I can't import the forms. I copied a form and stripped it of ALL code, but I still get the same error message. Any ideas or suggestions? I can't even get the structure of the form imported and I was prepared to cut and paste the code and recompile it, etc. See if you can SaveAsText to recover the forms: dim dbs as dao.database...

Error connecting to Server
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C51EA3.218BF4D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2002 SP3. I am frequently getting the error "Cannot connect to = POP3 server" on two of my four accounts, yet as soon as I get the error = message, if I click "send and receive" it connects OK. Could this be an = ISP/Mail hosting problem (my ISP is NOT my mail host) or could it be an = Outlook problem? --=20 Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker=20 D...