Link errors and CString

Hi,

I have an MFC project which is developed by an unknown team. The project
successfully compiles but it has some strange problems while linking :

- The project links with a .lib which contains a class named CManager. I put
lib file's path into linker command line and try to construct a CManager
object. Now I get "error LNK 2019" which states the constructor is
unresolved external.

- The lib uses CString objects. Linker gives "error LNK2001" for CString
destructor and "LNK2019" for operator= and constructor.

I can use CSting objects in the project directly. But when linking with the
library then CString becomes an unresolved class.

I use Visual Studio Team System 2008. Please help me if you have any idea.

Thanks in advance.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

From your description of linking problems, I suspect that the 3rd party
library you are linking with is not built with VS2008 (maybe is it a legacy
library built using VC6?).

Giovanni

"K�r�at" <kursattheking@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
>
> I have an MFC project which is developed by an unknown team. The project
> successfully compiles but it has some strange problems while linking :
>
> - The project links with a .lib which contains a class named CManager. I
> put lib file's path into linker command line and try to construct a
> CManager object. Now I get "error LNK 2019" which states the constructor
> is unresolved external.
>
> - The lib uses CString objects. Linker gives "error LNK2001" for CString
> destructor and "LNK2019" for operator= and constructor.
>
> I can use CSting objects in the project directly. But when linking with
> the library then CString becomes an unresolved class.
>
> I use Visual Studio Team System 2008. Please help me if you have any idea.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Thank you,

You are right, the library was built using VS6.0 . What can I do to link
with legacy libraries? Is there any tool to convert legacy libraries to a
compatible one?

"K��������������������������������" wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> You are right, the library was built using VS6.0 . What can I do to link
> with legacy libraries? Is there any tool to convert legacy libraries to a
> compatible one?

No, not unless you have the source code for the library.

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP
> Thank you,
>
> You are right, the library was built using VS6.0 . What can I do to link
> with legacy libraries? Is there any tool to convert legacy libraries to a
> compatible one?

Having the source code - as David suggested - is the optimum.

If you don't have that, and you really want to reuse the library, you could
build a COM wrapper to that library using VC6 (because the legacy library is
written in VC6).
Thanks to the COM wrapper, you have now a compiler-*independent* module.

So, from the VS2008, you can call the COM wrapper. COM is a binary standard
as is compiler independent.

You can use ATL or MFC to build the COM wrapper (in general, ATL tends to be
a better choice for this kind of job).

Giovanni

Excel hart has OLE onject errors in Access 2007
I am trying to build a chart on a form in Access 2007. I have already created it in Excel and want it to look the same but it seems that the formatting options are greatly reduced, fewer chart options, and formatting variations in Access. I tried to copy and paste the chart from Excel 2007 onto my Access form, and gave it the query as the data source but got messages "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." If I remove the name of the query I get an identical chart to the one in Excel, ...

OMA internal server error 500
Hello - I've just tried to get OMA setup and I've encountered th following error http: error 500 (internal server error Runtime erro <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -- <configuration <system.web <customErrors mode="Off"/ </system.web </configuration to display error messag Having changed the web.config file the error still persists This occurs when I logon with domain\username: passwor What is the problem? There are a few posts relating to this but n responses - if anyone responds to this I'll be most greatful ...

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

e-connect error after install hotfix
Hi i have security problem with e-connect after install kb902400 on server2003 sp1 if i uninstall kb902400 the module run well. i talk to my MBS about this problem, but he says the problem came from microsoft in e-connect module itself. some one have a work around. thx ...

Email Server is offline error msg
Hello, I upgraded a user's Office XP that didn't have any SPs to SP2. Now when she double-clicks the Outlook icon, the "Email Server is offline" error message is displayed. When she clicks on retry, her Outlook launches okay and her inbox appears. And her email appears to work okay. Does anyone know how to fix the error message? Thanks, Millie Sounds like a name resolution problem to me. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstation? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unab...

Link To A Cell From Chart

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

Error R6025
Please help... I am (trying to) run office 2000 and Microsoft XP... (I'm wondering if the combo is the problem) I CANNOT open Office for more than 30 seconds. I get Runtime error R6025! Any suggestions would be helpful.. I've done searches and reinstalled Office 2000... so far.. NADA! ...

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

CSocket pump message error again and again ...
Hi, I have a serious probleme with my CSocket. I have a thread that is using a CSocket to send and receive data. I use the Attach/detach function to put my socket in the thread. All works wonderfully .... 97% of the time. Sometimes, when i really try to make my application crash (by sending many datas with Send) the i got the assertion in the following function BOOL CSocket::PumpMessages(UINT uStopFlag) { <snip> ASSERT(pState->m_hSocketWindow != NULL); // << Assertion here I read so many post speaking about this problem .... but my case is specific: - My socket work...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

"Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet throws "not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file" error.
Hi, I am trying to use "Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet to fetch "File Share Witness" property of CCR cluster. But when I run this command no "Exchange Management Shell" I am getting "The term 'Get- ClusterResource' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again." error. Any idea why I am getting this error? Do I need to add any "PSSnapin" via Add-PSSnapin cmdlet ? If so which one it is? Basically I am not able to run any of the cluster related GET cmdlets on Exchange Managem...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...

visited links no longer change color
The links still work when clicked but, no longer show purple when visited. This happens in both Outlook and Outlook Express. Yesterday I tried making fonts a little larger as I have eyesight problem. Not sure if this is when the link color problem started. What I did exactly is: *Tools > Options > Mail Format > click "Fonts" button > click "International Fonts" button * At first I went through the list making each one "Larger" font size. * I realized that it's probably only "Western European" I need to change, so all others were set ...

Excel.exe error message

DST Update KB925874
I'm attempting to install this on My Microsoft CRM Server and when it's doing its initial inspection of "Checking for necessary space" I receive the following error: Title: Microsoft.Crm.SE.TimeZoneUpdate.TimeZoneUpdatePatch.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services Error: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x4e4(1252), Thread id=0x3a8(936) NOTES: I'm logged in as Administrator and Administrator was added to the Privilaged Users group just to be sure I followed directions exactly. I have 2.1GB free space on C drive...

debug error / abnormal program termination
I have outlook 2002. Since installing Norton Internet Security I get a message saying - debug error in outlook.exe abnormal program termination. Reinstalling outlook / detect and repair hasn't worked. Thanks in advance. ...