Link error invoking a method in another win32 library

Hi all,

I am using Visual Studio 2003. The main program is a MFC program and the
another one is a win32 library. the libray does not use MFC, but it does use
the CStringT class. Some classes in this library have methods using CString
as argument. Now if I call these methods in MFC program a link error
appears:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual int __thiscall
CSymbolCoder::Encode(char const *,int,int,int,class ATL::CStringT<char,class
StrTraitMFC<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > > &,class
ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > >
&)"
(?Encode@CSymbolCoder@@UAEHPBDHHHAAV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC@DV?$ChTraitsCRT@D@ATL@@@@@ATL@@1@Z)
referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall
CTestWorldTransformView::OnDraw(class CDC *)"
(?OnDraw@CTestWorldTransformView@@UAEXPAVCDC@@@Z)

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did you include the .lib file in your link?
				joe

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:34:56 -0400, "Maximus" <maximus@microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am using Visual Studio 2003. The main program is a MFC program and the
>another one is a win32 library. the libray does not use MFC, but it does use
>the CStringT class. Some classes in this library have methods using CString
>as argument. Now if I call these methods in MFC program a link error
>appears:
>
>error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual int __thiscall
>CSymbolCoder::Encode(char const *,int,int,int,class ATL::CStringT<char,class
>StrTraitMFC<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > > &,class
>ATL::CStringT<char,class StrTraitMFC<char,class ATL::ChTraitsCRT<char> > >
>&)"
>(?Encode@CSymbolCoder@@UAEHPBDHHHAAV?$CStringT@DV?$StrTraitMFC@DV?$ChTraitsCRT@D@ATL@@@@@ATL@@1@Z)
>referenced in function "public: virtual void __thiscall
>CTestWorldTransformView::OnDraw(class CDC *)"
>(?OnDraw@CTestWorldTransformView@@UAEXPAVCDC@@@Z)

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

OMA internal server error 500
Hello - I've just tried to get OMA setup and I've encountered th following error http: error 500 (internal server error Runtime erro <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -- <configuration <system.web <customErrors mode="Off"/ </system.web </configuration to display error messag Having changed the web.config file the error still persists This occurs when I logon with domain\username: passwor What is the problem? There are a few posts relating to this but n responses - if anyone responds to this I'll be most greatful ...

Excel hart has OLE onject errors in Access 2007
I am trying to build a chart on a form in Access 2007. I have already created it in Excel and want it to look the same but it seems that the formatting options are greatly reduced, fewer chart options, and formatting variations in Access. I tried to copy and paste the chart from Excel 2007 onto my Access form, and gave it the query as the data source but got messages "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." If I remove the name of the query I get an identical chart to the one in Excel, ...

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

copying a sorted worksheet to another woksheet.
I am trying to to do data entry for an accounting journal, and I want t have the seperate sheets copy their respective information as the dat is entered. For example, if I enter a Cash transaction on the entr page, I want the cash worksheet page to copy that information as well. I can do it with an if statment already, but that leaves blank spaces i the cash sheet if you have blanks in the entry page -- e_shoopma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- e_shoopman's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=457 View this thread: http://www.office...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

e-connect error after install hotfix
Hi i have security problem with e-connect after install kb902400 on server2003 sp1 if i uninstall kb902400 the module run well. i talk to my MBS about this problem, but he says the problem came from microsoft in e-connect module itself. some one have a work around. thx ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Email Server is offline error msg
Hello, I upgraded a user's Office XP that didn't have any SPs to SP2. Now when she double-clicks the Outlook icon, the "Email Server is offline" error message is displayed. When she clicks on retry, her Outlook launches okay and her inbox appears. And her email appears to work okay. Does anyone know how to fix the error message? Thanks, Millie Sounds like a name resolution problem to me. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstation? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unab...

links

Linked Tables Over A LAN

library not registered #2
I am using Windows 2000 & Office 2002. When clicking on Outlook today I get the following error: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 298 Char: 1 Error: Library not registerd Code: 0 URL: outlook:today Do you want to contine running scripts on this page? Yes No I have tried the following to fix the problem: repair outlook, uninstall/reinstall office; disable script debugging; renaming the .olb files & runnining a repair none of which seem to work can someone please offer some alt suggestions? Thanks, Roni ...

Links

Adding another domain name to Exchange 2003?
We have another FQDN and emails are pointing to our exchanger server from our ISP, how do I add this snd FQDN to our Exchange 2003 server? Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838 The reason I ask is we already have a 2nd domain name setup, but it's not appearing in the area you said, where else could this be? "Stu Anderson" wrote: > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838 > > > Wherever you put it.... Seriously, check this out. Its a very well put together doc on setting up additional domains http://www.petri.co.il/configure_exchange_2000_2003_...

Error R6025
Please help... I am (trying to) run office 2000 and Microsoft XP... (I'm wondering if the combo is the problem) I CANNOT open Office for more than 30 seconds. I get Runtime error R6025! Any suggestions would be helpful.. I've done searches and reinstalled Office 2000... so far.. NADA! ...

Display class methods.
Hi, After a class A object is created in Visual C++, normally after typing the name of the object, a small list will pop-up automatically for user to select the available methods. However, sometimes the list doesn't pop-up, especially when I use some user defined classes. Does anybody know how to show the list in this situation? Why does this happen? Thanks. Leo It works. May I know how this solves the problem? Leo "Koisang Leong" <leoleong1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uT$tNKlWDHA.2880@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After a class A objec...

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

CSocket pump message error again and again ...
Hi, I have a serious probleme with my CSocket. I have a thread that is using a CSocket to send and receive data. I use the Attach/detach function to put my socket in the thread. All works wonderfully .... 97% of the time. Sometimes, when i really try to make my application crash (by sending many datas with Send) the i got the assertion in the following function BOOL CSocket::PumpMessages(UINT uStopFlag) { <snip> ASSERT(pState->m_hSocketWindow != NULL); // << Assertion here I read so many post speaking about this problem .... but my case is specific: - My socket work...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

"Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet throws "not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file" error.
Hi, I am trying to use "Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet to fetch "File Share Witness" property of CCR cluster. But when I run this command no "Exchange Management Shell" I am getting "The term 'Get- ClusterResource' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again." error. Any idea why I am getting this error? Do I need to add any "PSSnapin" via Add-PSSnapin cmdlet ? If so which one it is? Basically I am not able to run any of the cluster related GET cmdlets on Exchange Managem...

linking subforms
my application have customers and invoices. each customer can have 1 or more invoices. on my form i have a subform for customers and one subform for invoices. both subforms are in datasheet view. if i click on customer A in the customer subform i want the invoice subform to show only invoices for customer A and at the same time allow me to add invoices for customer A. what are the steps to accomplish this? also i want to be able to print a report such that customer A is listed together with all customer A's invoices followed by customer B and so on. how can this be accomplished? thanks ...