Link Error #2

I was able to use CL.exe to compile and link .cpp
or .c file in a command line.

But all in a sudden, I can not do this any more,
as I always got such an error message:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents'

I didn't do complicated compiling. e.g. I even tested
with the "hello word" thing.

cl hello.c

where hello.c is just this:

#include <stdio.h>
main()
{
 printf("hello world!\n");
}

But again, this

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents'

happens too!

It seems something wrong with the path that CL.exe does
not tolerate spcaes inside the path "C:\Documents and
Settings". But I didn't see why CL.exe go to check that
directory. Also I am really puzzled that CL.exe works just
OK a few days ago! I do not think I changed any settings
except I may made some updates from Microsoft. Not sure
if updates have some mystrious effect on the environment
settings for CL.exe?

any ideas?
0
plesehelp (1)
10/23/2003 9:18:44 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

OMA internal server error 500
Hello - I've just tried to get OMA setup and I've encountered th following error http: error 500 (internal server error Runtime erro <!-- Web.Config Configuration File -- <configuration <system.web <customErrors mode="Off"/ </system.web </configuration to display error messag Having changed the web.config file the error still persists This occurs when I logon with domain\username: passwor What is the problem? There are a few posts relating to this but n responses - if anyone responds to this I'll be most greatful ...

Excel hart has OLE onject errors in Access 2007
I am trying to build a chart on a form in Access 2007. I have already created it in Excel and want it to look the same but it seems that the formatting options are greatly reduced, fewer chart options, and formatting variations in Access. I tried to copy and paste the chart from Excel 2007 onto my Access form, and gave it the query as the data source but got messages "The operation on the OLE object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." If I remove the name of the query I get an identical chart to the one in Excel, ...

Change link between form and subform

linking #4

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

e-connect error after install hotfix
Hi i have security problem with e-connect after install kb902400 on server2003 sp1 if i uninstall kb902400 the module run well. i talk to my MBS about this problem, but he says the problem came from microsoft in e-connect module itself. some one have a work around. thx ...

Link To A Cell From Chart

Email Server is offline error msg
Hello, I upgraded a user's Office XP that didn't have any SPs to SP2. Now when she double-clicks the Outlook icon, the "Email Server is offline" error message is displayed. When she clicks on retry, her Outlook launches okay and her inbox appears. And her email appears to work okay. Does anyone know how to fix the error message? Thanks, Millie Sounds like a name resolution problem to me. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstation? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unab...

links

Text Wrap #2
Is there anywhere in Publisher that i can customise my preferences? I would like to change the default settings for inserting an image to no text wrap. This is a time consuming process everytime i insert an image (right click, format object, layout tab, wrapping style "none", ok), would be so much for efficient for me if i could change the default settings so that the image came in like this when inserted (currently the default wrapping style is "square"). Any ideas? ...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

library not registered #2
I am using Windows 2000 & Office 2002. When clicking on Outlook today I get the following error: An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 298 Char: 1 Error: Library not registerd Code: 0 URL: outlook:today Do you want to contine running scripts on this page? Yes No I have tried the following to fix the problem: repair outlook, uninstall/reinstall office; disable script debugging; renaming the .olb files & runnining a repair none of which seem to work can someone please offer some alt suggestions? Thanks, Roni ...

Error R6025
Please help... I am (trying to) run office 2000 and Microsoft XP... (I'm wondering if the combo is the problem) I CANNOT open Office for more than 30 seconds. I get Runtime error R6025! Any suggestions would be helpful.. I've done searches and reinstalled Office 2000... so far.. NADA! ...

email links in Publisher pdf

Chart template and links

CSocket pump message error again and again ...
Hi, I have a serious probleme with my CSocket. I have a thread that is using a CSocket to send and receive data. I use the Attach/detach function to put my socket in the thread. All works wonderfully .... 97% of the time. Sometimes, when i really try to make my application crash (by sending many datas with Send) the i got the assertion in the following function BOOL CSocket::PumpMessages(UINT uStopFlag) { <snip> ASSERT(pState->m_hSocketWindow != NULL); // << Assertion here I read so many post speaking about this problem .... but my case is specific: - My socket work...

HQ Client Configuration #2
From one store, in HQ Client config, I set the server name as "MYHQPC". Over a VPN, it connects to my HQ laptop (only after I ping from mylaptop to the POS). But from another store, the server name does not work so I have to enter the current IP address of my laptop. So my question is where does the HQ Client traslate the server name to IP address? Is it at the router? hi Samm, The translatin is done through the FQDN (Fully qualified domain name system) or we can say DNS, do you running any internal dns or not. since connecting through VPN have some obsticle so I suggest yo...

Linking to ODBC Linked Tables

Copying selected items from Listbox into Textbox #2
Thanks for the response Jim. Unfortunately I'm trying to copy the selected items from the listbox o uf2 and display them in a textbox on uf1, not another listbox. I'v tried tinkering with the code below to see if I could modify it to cop it directly to a textbox, but to no avail. Can you suggest how I woul modify the code to achieve this. Jim Rech Wrote: > I'd suggest that in second userform's module you have a sub like thi > run > from the button's click: > > Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() > CopySelectedItems > Unload Me > End Sub > >...

Linked Graphs from Excel
I have linked graphs from excel into my publisher document using Paste Special. The problem is that when they paste in they reshape (I have pie charts and they come in publisher looking like tall skinny ovals). I can fix the shape of the charts manually after pasting them in, but when I update the links the reshaping reverts to its original, incorrect size. Any suggestions on how I can use the linking to excel and not have to resize every time I update? "Paste Special" as what format? Have you tried an image format? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

"Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet throws "not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file" error.
Hi, I am trying to use "Get-ClusterResource" cmdlet to fetch "File Share Witness" property of CCR cluster. But when I run this command no "Exchange Management Shell" I am getting "The term 'Get- ClusterResource' is not recognized as a cmdlet, function, operable program, or script file. Verify the term and try again." error. Any idea why I am getting this error? Do I need to add any "PSSnapin" via Add-PSSnapin cmdlet ? If so which one it is? Basically I am not able to run any of the cluster related GET cmdlets on Exchange Managem...

Finding a string within a string #2
New problem - suppose the string is aaa (bbb@ccc.com) ddd or aaaaaaaaaaaaa (bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb@ccccccccccccc.com) dddddddddd and you want only the string after the open parenthesis and before the @ ??? So the results for these 2 strings would be either bbb or bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb "Sandra" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:OZU1oZaoEHA.132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > The comma thing worked. Thank you VERY much! > > "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote in message > news:%23AQ2RPaoEHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > Hi > > if y...