Line control in VC 2003?

Hi,

Is there anyway to place lines (seperators if you like) on a dialog box
in VC 2003?. Vb(6?) has a line control that allows one to place lines on
a form.

I suppose I could mimic a line by using a static text control and
resizing it so it looked like a line. The only problem is that I do not
know how to change the background colour of the static text control.

Does anyone know how to change the background/foreground of a
control/dialog box?

mtia

0
ptremblay (4)
6/20/2005 9:36:45 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

>Is there anyway to place lines (seperators if you like) on a dialog box

Use the picture control and size it to a line. If you want a 3D look,
set the Static Edge style.

Dave
0
davidl7375 (2060)
6/20/2005 10:55:10 AM
Thanks

David Lowndes wrote:

>>Is there anyway to place lines (seperators if you like) on a dialog box
>

> Use the picture control and size it to a line. If you want a 3D look,
> set the Static Edge style.
>
> Dave

0
ptremblay (4)

Converting Excel table with multi-line cells into Access DB
Hello ~ I need to export a MSWord table to an Access table. The original Word table contains multiple lines of text in each cell, separated with carriage-return(line return). .. I would like to retain these multiple lines within in each destination field in Access or Excel I have the following structure in my Word table: Column1: PhotoID (alphanumeric,single line) Column2: Image of the photos(jpeg/bmp) Column3: Description(text, multiline) Column4: Code#(alphanumeric, single line) Column5: Notes(text, multiline) In short, how do you tranfer those multi-line cells(with carriage-return...

Outlook 2003: How to catch the Delete right-click event in Task List Items.
I would like to catch the delete event in right-click or in the command-toolbar button. Is it possible to catch the event in a VBscript on a custom form? Thanks ...

Line Spacing and Line Justification
I am a Publisher novice. On a blank page I pasted a PowerPoint Presentation slide. Below the slide I drew a line and copied that same line multiple times. How do I make the spacing between theses lines of equal ditance? How do I align these lines so that they are basically at the same starting point on the left side of the page? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Regards, Mercury The best way would be to create guidelines. Select your created line, while holding the ctrl, (the cursor will turn into a + sign) pull the copy to the next guideline. If you go the copy route, ...

Skipping a line by condition
Thanks for reading this. I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle] comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example: Worker George Fred Non Worker Bill Tom The way it comes up now is: Worker George Tom Non Worker Bill Tom The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report. Thanks for your help. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/2...

exchange 2003 logs #2
Hi, I want to see email going out and coming in in log, like old exchange 5.5 event id 2001 and 2002, which logs should turn it on? thanks. al -- 007 SMTP Protocol logs should give fair amount of detail about smtp traffic. Message Tracking logs if you know what you're looking for (particular sender/recipient etc.) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "wtk" <wtk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9BA8D9-FE20-413B-8F2C-35D51988E635@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want ...

What are the different types of messages are available in VC++/MFC
Hai, What are the different types of messages are available in VC++/MFC Thank you Bye. All types. Tom "jagadeesh" <jagadeeshbabu.mca@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1142595959.289754.229100@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hai, > > What are the different types of messages are available in VC++/MFC > > > > Thank you > > Bye. > ...

Step Line Charts
Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vertical. Hi Carrie, You Will need some form of extra data to get excel to create a step chart. Take a look at these methods. (http://www.andypope.info/charts/stepchart.htm) Carrie wrote: > Does anyone know how I can create a step line chart without having to have 2 data points per x-axis point. What I want is a horizontal line until the next data point and then I want the line to go vert...

Line colors in a bargraph
ColorNum and m_Array are set before entry which works fine except for all bars are outlined in black which is not a major problem, but would like to eliminate. How do I draw the line in the code below a different color than the bars? Below is a snip from my BarChart() routine: CBrush BlackBrush(RGB(10,10,10)); CBrush CyanBrush(RGB(1,39,229)); CBrush MagentaBrush(RGB(176,4,174)); CBrush YellowBrush(RGB(187,176,3)); CBrush GrayBrush(RGB(230,230,230)); if (m_Array.GetSize()) { // ***** THE PROBLEM IS HERE WHERE I WOULD LIKE THE DRAWN LINE TO BE LIGHT GRAY ***** MemDC.Sele...

Please help me .... (CListCtrl multi-line column)
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy This is the nearest i can find. Hope it helps http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/lists,treesandcombos/article.php/c2291/ "Kathy" wrote: > Dear all, > > I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data di...

OWA - Hangs "Loading" Inbox
2 of our OWA servers have recently stopped functioning. The login appears ok and the interface starts to load, but the fonts are wrong (times new roman is shown) and the inbox doesn't load at all, showing "Loading..." I've searched the forums/web and can see many people had the same issue, but have found no fixes that work. "Error on Page" Line: 56 Char: 1 Error: Object expected. Any suggestions or help really will be gratefully received. Thanks I had this same issue except one of my owa boxes would work and the other one didn't. I don't have a KB ar...

Line chart with value on the line
Hi, I have implement a line chart by thousands of data rows for a stock. Now I want to show values on 10 particular points with the lable E.g, one extra column for displaying the label. TradeDate Ticker Close Label 04/01/1999 1234 63.67 05/01/1999 1234 63 06/01/1999 1234 63 Mr. A buy 07/01/1999 1234 67.33 08/01/1999 1234 68.33 11/01/1999 1234 68.67 Mr. B buy Does anyone teach me how to do this ?? thanks Ginola "Ginola" <ginola@fake.email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fdc1aa6.8209734@msnews.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have implement a line chart b...

want to filter out emails, with subjest line starting with a specfic sring
Hi All, I am using MS outlook 2003, I am trying to find out how can i create a rule to filter out emails with subject line starting with a specific string, but not to filter if that string is in the middle of subject line. i.e. lets take the sting as Foo Filer if Foo is in the starting don't filter if if the Foo is not in the starting. if any of you aware of the trick to make this happen please let me know, i tried to google it, but couldn't find anything related to it. Thanks Anand outlook doesn't offer anyway to build that sort of rule. If you can coun...

Outlook 2003 issue after Windows 2003 SP1 install...
Hello all, I was curious to know if anyone already found a fix to this issue : When you are using Outlook 2003 on a Windows 2003 SP1 box (not the exchange box, I really mean the outlook box), you can't connect anymore to the exchange server (which is up to date). Is there any fix for that ? I tried to deactivate firewall feature but nothing changes, it still can't connect to the Exchange server. The only way to fix this seems to be the rollback of Windows 2003 SP1 (?!?) Can someone provide some input here ? Regards. Any event in the Event viewer logs (on yours and the Exc...

removing black lines
Sometimes I type an underline bar across the page. At the end of the page I'll hit the return (enter) key. When I do, the underline bar turns into a big black bar. Then I can't get rid of it. It just stays there. How can I get rid of this black bar? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> &...

Exchange 2003
Exchange 2003 SP2 One Parent with three Windows 2003 Domains Is there a way to remove Exchange references/schema from the child domains. We only use Exchange at the parent domain and the child domains cause problems. For example, if the Information Store service is restarted and there is an incorrect entry in the mapisvc.inf file, we get all kinds of errors in the Event Log. Basically, something is automatically adding the names of child domain controllers to mapisvc.inf entries: [MSEMS_MUIDEMSAB_Section] UID=dca740c8c042101ab4b908002b2fe182 66190003=09000000 6602001e=child-dc-server I...

Line graph question
How do I get my date axes (the horizontal axes) to start at zero followed by the first day of the month. -- WH99 Hi, If your dates are entered in the spreadsheet as dates then you may have problems - Excel stores dates as numbers so today is 39594 and 0 would be January 0, 1900. This would tend to spread the x-axis out quite a ways. If your dates are not entered as dates then make the first entry 0,0 - that is put another entry in the data area whose date value is 0 and whose value is 0. There are potential problems with this approach - each entry will be spaced equidistant apart ...

reading line by line
Dear all, I have a big problem, but I don't known how excel can solve it. I have a sheet with like it: process process_line status values_USD 0255155 10 44 10 0255155 20 44 20 0255156 10 33 11 0255156 20 44 21 0256157 10 33 12 0256157 20 33 22 0256157 30 33 23 0256158 10 ...

Weird Exchange 2003 Migration Issue
Hello All, I'm finishing up an Exchange 2003 -->Exchange 2003 migration to a new server. All the mailboxes have been moved over successfully and I haven't yet uninstalled the first Exchange Server. Mail flow was working just fine until I noticed yesterday...Only one user can no longer receive INTERNAL emails. The users receive an NDR stating it couldn't' deliver in the time specified. He can (A) send/receive from external domains, and (B) send to the internal domain successfully. Weird thing is he had zero problems receiving internal emails until yester...

Sharing Email with Outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 running with MS Exchange Server I recently tried sharing a subfolder under my Outlook 2003 Inbox with a co-worker. When they tried to access the subfolder, it was not listed in the drop down list box of available folders. Only major folders, like Inbox were listed. So, I shared my entire Inbox as well as the subfolder. Once I did this, they could see all the email in my Inbox, but none of the subfolders. Geez. What a pain. So - can you not share Inbox subfolders? Does sharing only work with major folders in Outlook? And if so, then why do you have the option to share a su...

How do I enable OWA 2003 change password faclility.
Guys, Is there a way one can enable the password change facility on OWA 2003 running on Exchange 2003? I need to make this work so that users connecting through OWA can change their account passwords. Thanks -- Buchi Hi Buchi, The information is outlined in the following Microsoft KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9EB7ADB-024B-43A7-87BB-0FD2587892D4@microsoft.com...

Control Money importing and updating
When I first ran Money after install, I found it has already made an account - with a name that I recognise as one I use (e.g. in my attempts at Excel budgets). Where does Money look for and import such data? How do I stop it from rifling through my documents? Also, how do I tell it to only update from the internet with my permission? (Program updates as well as exchange rates, accounts, investments, etc.) ...

? Changing Column for "Jump Key" in List Control
Hi, When you press a key in a list control, it jumps to the next item whose first-column text begins with that key. I am looking for a way to change that, so that pressing a key jumps to an item based on a different column. I don't mean just reordering the columns, so that the first column appears in a different position, but actually using a different column. I looked around for an answer, but only found a couple of others who /asked/ this (and did not get responses). :( Is it even possible? I could swear that I have seen it, or read of a way to do it. (On this topic, does anyone know...

exchange 2003 sp1 and newsgroups?
Ok, have read the article on how to add, which is a piece of cake, as it does it for you... only issue I have is that I built newsgroup for microsoft, and it's populates outlook2003, but nothing is in there? I've looked for the obvious, and searched this newsgroup???/ AL You can't use Microsoft's NNTP server as a pull feed - they restrict it to only certain servers. Your best bet would be to find out if your ISP is set up with an NNTP server that is allowed to pull the feeds and if they will allow you to pull from them. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my ...