limit create window/control max count?

Hi all.

I am testing a create control.

But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog.

I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800.

I want work.

1. have a two dialog.(A, B)
2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static).
3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200.
4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog.
A dialog is modaless.
5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0.

thank for read.

Have a nice day.

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to redesign your system, IMO.

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those
of us who do"
    Isaac Asimov

"testman" <testman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
> I am testing a create control.
>
> But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog.
>
> I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800.
>
> I want work.
>
> 1. have a two dialog.(A, B)
> 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static).
> 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200.
> 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B
> dialog.
> A dialog is modaless.
> 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0.
>
> thank for read.
>
> Have a nice day.

0
yr (150)
9/17/2005 11:11:53 AM
The limit is somewhere around 16K windows.

Some years ago I had a project that required about 20-30K windows.  The trick was that
each page, of which there could be hundreds representing the embedded systems, needed a
set of controls to represent some feature of the embedded system in question.  We
generated these from the configuration files for the embedded controllers. I did the old
"spreadsheet" trick, where I didn't create any windows that I didn't need.  When a page
became active, I created the 30-50 controls that represented what that page controlled.
When another page became active, I destroyed the 30-50 controls, and created controls for
the page we were switching to.  Since these were tabbed dialogs, the pages were mutually
exclusive, so this was easy.  It was an MDI app, and I could have several controllers
visible at once, but each controller required only one page, hence only 30-50 windows per
visible controller were needed.  But we had things like "Master Analog Output Page" which
summarized 16 analog controller outputs, then 16 sub-pages each of which had a huge number
of parameters for each channel.  At 50 controls per page, this was 800 controls just for
analog output (no, don't ask me why you need so many parameters; I didn't design the
controllers).  Then there was the Analog Input side, the Digitial Output side, the Digital
Input side, the Controller Master Configuration, the 30 or so subpages of the Controller
Configuration, etc.

So one solution is to create controls only on demand.  If the section of the dialog is
scrolled off-screen, its controls are destroyed.  However, no dialog with 10K controls is
going to be manageable (we had the property pages nested four deep for some controllers,
so the complexity was manageable; the users were already accustomed to an old MS-DOS app
that sort-of-kind-of did the same thing, only badly).  So first think about how to make
the application usable, then worry about how to handle the window-quantity problem.
				joe

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 03:20:01 -0700, "testman" <testman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I am testing a create control.
>
>But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog.
>
>I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800.
>
>I want work.
>
>1. have a two dialog.(A, B)
>2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static).
>3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200.
>4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog.
>A dialog is modaless.
>5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0.
>
>thank for read.
>
>Have a nice day.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)

can i creat post it type notes on desktop using outlook
same as above No, close Outlook and the Notes will close as well. Use the Sticky Notes feature of Windows Vista or Windows 7 instead or use one of the many 3rd party tools which can do this as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "shamkant" <shamkant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22C776E7-61A8-46DC-9BD7-C39EFABE7E78@microsoft.com... >...

Multible screen in windows?
Hello, Is there any application for windows that makes screen multiple(as linux has, four screens to work, it is only one screen to work in windows) i saw one of the application in Codeproject.com , but i searched for it like 2 hours, i didnt find it, does anyone know where i can get that kind of application? thanks You could try something like Virtual PC. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx This may also be interesting to you: http://www.golod.com/2005/10/enabling-multiple-remote-desktop-sessions-in-windows-xp-professional-and-media-center-edi...

counting based on two conditions in excel 2003
I've a sheet with two option buttons (grouped). The data goes like A B C Name Process Role x a Agent y a Agent z a Agent m b TL n b MIS o a MIS p a TL q b Agent I want results in a table where results are dependent on option button the user selects. e.g. if the user selects Option 1 which is for proc...

Unable to create new exchnage users
Hi, I am having a problem creating two individual mailboxes on our Exchange 2003 server. We went live with Exchange in June with no problems and every new user that has started with the company has been set up successfully. On Tuesday I had a strange case where and employee had been off on long term sick returned to work. I re-enabled his account in AD and then went to create his exchange mailbox it seemed to work OK, however the recipient update service didn't create the mailbox/mail addresses. Due to other issues (someone cutting a fibre optic link) the problem got put on the ba...

Can i create a rule for Sent items?
Like you can have a rule, that when an item arrives, it goes into a particular folder, can you also have such a rule for SENT items. Like, whenever i send an item to a certain Email address, that it would go into a different folder from the SENT ITEMS folder? If so, can you tell me how to do it, as i do not see an obvious way within the Rules Wizard. Thanks, tom No one can tell since you decided your Outlook version is not in play - = it is. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal acc...

Create a saved view of postcodes between certain ranges
In CRM Dynamics I want to create a saved view of employers within a postcode range of 4000 and 4800 is there any way of doing this? Hi Kelli, If postcode is integer datatype than it is possible to use greater than and less than operators but i think you must have used string type. In that case it is not possible to create view but SRS report can be developed. You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com ...

File Size Limit??
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a limit to the file size of an Excel 2000 document. We've got a guy here who has a 63Mb spreadsheet, and keeps wondering why he's getting "Out of memory" messages every time he opens it. I've put an extra 512Mb in his PC, but he's still getting lock-ups. He's convinced that there are no limits to the size of the file, but I'm pretty certain that there is... Anyone help? Thanks, Jon. The limit is memory. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

File share cannot be reached on Windows 2008 SBS via VPN
I have a problem with VPN connection to one server (Windows 2008 SBS). I can ping the server through VPN but I cannot reach file share from the server and RDP also not working. BUT I can see other shares and RDP on an other computers in the same LAN (single subnet). That specific server is connected with only one network adapter to the network. This server is the DC, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Exchange with the IP address: 192.168.17.2. The default GW is the router (to internet) : 192.168.17.1. Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0 VPN is using the local DHCP. The firewall is switched off. What can...

How do I create a dropcap?
I would like to create a dropcap in MS-Publisher, How do I go about that? I'm not sure what you mean by "dropcap" but give this a look ans see if it is what you want. Select you text box, select Format, Font, under the Effects area, select "Small cap". -- Don Vancouver, USA "Bheka" <Bheka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304F62A7-FE43-49C2-9F50-26710D798DFC@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a dropcap in MS-Publisher, How do I go about that? Help works good. Type Drop Cap in Help and get this: Add a dropped capita...

create automessages if user leaves the company
Hi I have the following problem. There is a user which temporary leaves the company and come back to an unspecified date. All mails which sent to this user are forwarded to an other user who take the taks in absence of him. In behalf of security the user is disabled, that means a rule or "out of office assistent" doesn't work to inform customers that this user come back on an unspecified date and the other take his tasks. Is there a possipility to configure an automatic out of office and keep the possipility to forward the mails to the other user in exchange 2k3 ? Thanks...

VB Control Positioning in MS Word
Hello I have developed a control in VB 6 that works in MS Word. This control needs to appear next to my cursor position as I type. If I provide hard coded coordinates, I can manage the control position, but I need it to be dynamic, irrespective of the number of toolbars open in MS Word and MS Word's version. Thanks in advance for the help. Tahir ...

Screen Output Window Size
Am I the only one who always has to click the window expand button (beside the close window X) to view any output sent to screen? My reports display 100%, but I have to scroll to the right (or maximize the screen) to see the rest of the report. I sure would like to have the screen output window open fully every time. ...

count #3
I have a list of data in 5 columns. I know how to setup an autofilte and even have it add up just the specific columns for totals... But how do i have it count specific data while i filter it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at SUBTOTAL. e.g. =SUBTOTAL(3,A1:A1000) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a list of data in 5 columns. I know how to setup an autofilter > and even have it add up just the specific columns for totals... But, > how do i have it count specific data while i filter it? > > > --- > Message posted from ...

Dynamics GP 10 Note Window and Modifier
I am having a problem with modifying the Note window after Dynamics 10 SP1 and SP1 Hot Fix. I make the desired modifications and enable the modifications in Alternate/Modified Forms. I am logged in as a Poweruser. When I open the window, I do not see any modifications and I do see the “.”preceding the form name. I have tried deleting the window from modifier, then re-adding it, exporting all modifications out to a package, then, importing them. Nothing seems to work. I have no problems with any other modified windows. Does anyone have any ideas? -- Dean Did you repeat your modificati...

Limits
I am doing a fairly easy programme on excel. It is a catchment runoff, and evaporation calculator. But i would like to place a limit on a cell, and have that exess go into another column, is this possible? EG 75 rainfall, soil can hold only 10mm more. SO 10mm INFILTRATES, ie that cell should have a limit of the max soil moisutre, the other 65mm RUNOFF's and thats a different column. ANYBODY PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!! lol You need a Workbook_Change event macro for that. The code you would write in that macro should first check that the change occurred in a cell within the range you want. ...

Help! IF function is too limited
Hi! I've created a drop-down list of cities in a cell, under which there are two more cells to be filled out with the address and zip codes corresponding to each of the cities. How can I do this, knowing that the original list is a three-column list made of city-address-zip? -- Ringo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ringo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27502 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470178 Use VLOOKUP into the original; list using the DV value =VLOOKUP(B...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Q: Rules limit
There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298) Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? For me already three users have addressed with such requests :- Thanks Alexander Kenin This is not a configurable limit. It's limited by the size of one RPC packet. "Kenin Alexander" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80981636-20EB-4C64-B514-F9BCA635AFE7@microsoft.com... > There is a limit for Exchange Rules on a 32K-size (KB147298). > Whether there is a way to change this limit for single users? > For me already thre...

Windows Installer
Every time I boot, a window appears from Windows Installer, then another appears labeled "InsantShareDevices" and asks that I install a CD. There is no other option. I can't get out of it, need to go to task manager and delete.. every time I turn on my computer. Any suggestions. I tried going into Windows Fix It, and tried turning off Windows Installer.. it didn't seem to work. JackR wrote: > Every time I boot, a window appears from Windows Installer, then > another appears labeled "InsantShareDevices" and asks that I > install a CD. The...

Creating a calendar #2
Publisher 2000 - Windows XP Pro user. Today I needed to create a calendar for a member directory booklet . How does one create more than a month at a time? I'd like to create a calendar from Jan '07 through Mar '08. The only success I've had is create a month at a time, which all defaulted to November '06. I then copy/pasted three across and then copy/pasted the three across below, four times which then create my 15 month calendar but all were November '06. Refined it by changing the days font to Aerial, 10pt, the days of the week to Aerial, 5pt and the month...

Limiting Internet Email for Users
I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop Internet Email. This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14B7AF2C-73E3-4601-84F9-3F7B95043B72@microsoft.com... > I want to stop users from sending Internet email from my Exchange 2000 server. I use it for a company wide mail server. Can anyone help me stop...

SBS 2008 console unable to create new Distribution Groups
I recently migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2008. I am able to create new Security groups without any problems. I am however having a problem creating new Distribution or Email Enabled Security Groups. When I use the SBS Console to create the group, it fails at the "Creating e-mail distribution group" step on the final page of the wizard and the detailed error only states "Unable to create an email address for the group" When I check in the Exchange Management Console it shows the new group created and ADSIEdit shows the group exists, but the SBS Console do...

Limit outgoing mail limit before send
Hi all Is there any method to avoid to send mail if the mail size is over a preset limit? If I set it in Exchange, the mail will first send to Exchange server and check the size. Any method to check the size before send to server? I got this problem since the connection speed is slow, not like local 100m network. Exchange server and the client Outlook XP PC is far away, connect with a 64K line only. Thanks ...

Addressee limit
How do you check/change the Exchange Server message addressee(To, Cc)limit? When sending messages to servaral recipients, some names are cut out. Thanks. ...