legality question

hello,
I'm implanting a graph control in my program, if ill use ms graph/chart
control will it have any legal issues connected to it? any problems in
selling? distributing and etc.?

0
fkpkot (25)
3/1/2006 4:30:54 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It depends upon the company selling graph/chart control. You will need to
contact them. Typically its all spelled out in the license agreement that
you got when you purchased the control.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"fima" <fkpkot@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hello,
> I'm implanting a graph control in my program, if ill use ms graph/chart
> control will it have any legal issues connected to it? any problems in
> selling? distributing and etc.?

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/1/2006 4:45:36 PM
 i was a bit misuderstood, i ment using the microsoft chart control the one
that is used in excel and etc?
> It depends upon the company selling graph/chart control. You will need to
> contact them. Typically its all spelled out in the license agreement that
> you got when you purchased the control.
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "fima" <fkpkot@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> hello,
>> I'm implanting a graph control in my program, if ill use ms graph/chart
>> control will it have any legal issues connected to it? any problems in
>> selling? distributing and etc.?

0
fkpkot (25)
3/1/2006 5:12:44 PM
> i was a bit misuderstood, i ment using the microsoft chart control the one
> that is used in excel and etc?

It was my fault that I did not pay attention to MS part of the control. I
personally doubt it very much about any licensing issues with it but I dont
know for sure.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
3/1/2006 6:23:01 PM
You can't distribute MS Chart, so your app can only work for people who have Office
installed. You're free to *use* MSChart, you just aren't free to *distribute* it.

Note that you might consider other charting controls, such as ProEssentials, from
www.gigasoft.com.  I've used this control and it is very nice.  It also does not have any
redistribution problems for the binary code.
				joe

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 18:30:54 +0200, "fima" <fkpkot@gmail.com> wrote:

>hello,
>I'm implanting a graph control in my program, if ill use ms graph/chart
>control will it have any legal issues connected to it? any problems in
>selling? distributing and etc.?

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15972)

legal disclosure statement.
Is there any way I can automatically add a legal disclousre at the end of every email sent from my Exchange 5.5 server? http://www.policypatrol.com/Features.htm >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way I can automatically add a legal >disclousre at the end of every email sent from my >Exchange 5.5 server? >. > Here is a link that tells you how to set it up. There is a KB on it too. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Adding_Email_Disclaimer_Text_With_The_IMS_Extension_In_MS_Exchange_55.html "Shirley Cione" <shirleycione@hotmail.com> wrote in...

FindWindow question
Hi all, I must send a WM_COPYDATA message to another application. The problem is that I must use FindWindow function for retrieve handle of my CFormView window. How is possible ? Stefano Magni wrote: > Hi all, > I must send a WM_COPYDATA message to another application. The problem is > that I must use FindWindow function for retrieve handle of my CFormView > window. How is possible ? Each window has a window class name, and FindWindow can search using the class name. This "class" is a win32 property, not a C++ class. By default MFC assigns your window class name...

vlookup question #2
Does anybody know if it is possible to not only return the value of a target cell with the vlookup function, but an attribute of that cell too (in my case, fill color)? Thanks, Jeff Not with a built-in formula. You could return the fill color using a User Defined Function (UDF), but you couldn't use it to color the calling cell: Public Function VLookupColor(Lookup_value As Variant, _ table_array As Range, col_indexnum As Integer, _ Optional range_lookup As Integer = 1) As Variant Dim found As Variant On Error Resume Next found = ...

Beginner questions about creating a sheet.
Hi all, I am having trouble learning some basic functions. So far all I can do is simple calculations. I have made a tip calculator, and growth preidictor for recruitment numbers. Howerver where can I go to get basic step by step training? I just want to create a simple sheet that contains a stage that a sale is in like (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc), the sale name and the name of the person who is buying or being cultivated. I would also like to create a sheet that has check marks that are not in the form tools. I see how I can insert those, but I also downloaded a template and it has check marks wit...

More Security Message Questions
Thanks to those who participated in my last post on Outlook Security messages caused by Adobe Acrobat Professional. I am still getting the "another Program is Trying to Access Your Address Book" security warnings, even though I have changed the registry to turn off the Adobe request. I am still getting the message, this time only when I have written an email, and it has gone through the spell-check process. Is there another cause I may have missed for this security message to be appearing. Thank you in advance. If more information is needed just let me know. -- Old Time Har...

Some questions regarding EPM
All, I have setup Enterprise Project Environment with Microsft Project Server 2007, There are multiple projects running in my company and all projects plan published in MS Project Server. Question 1: I want to view the resources assignments / usage involved in all projects, i tried built in reports through web interface but that are not clear when you select many resouces the graphs gets confusing. OR please recommend any report that gives us the bird eye of all resources and their assignment, so that I can see which resource are over allocated and busy in another project. ...

Another multiple criteria/column question
Ok, first post and pretty much a new user to Excel. I have two sheets that I am working with, trying to recall data from one to the other that meets criteria. In a nutshell: Sheet 1 contains a column of unique values (col A), cols C,D, and E are where I want to insert the formula to find data on Sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains 4 columns, A contains multiple occurrences of each value (from Sheet1, column A), each with its own timestamp in column D. On Sheet1, in column C, I want to find a value on Sheet2 in column A and return the timestamp in column D. I know I can use VLOOKUP for this. =VLO...

Array question
Hello! I have documented my problem below. Can anybody help? Could it be done by CopyMemory? Private Sub Form_Load() Dim sngArr() As Single ReDim sngArr(1, 1) sngArr(0, 0) = -5 sngArr(0, 1) = -7 sngArr(1, 0) = -8 sngArr(1, 1) = -12 'Looks like this: ' -5 -7 ' -8 -12 Dim sngTest(1) As Single sngTest() = sngArr(1) 'I want to put -8 -12 into my sngTest array, but that's not working End Sub Thank you! On 8/12/2010 2:13 AM, Alexandros Peropulous wrote: > Hello! > > I have documen...

Xpath question #4
Hello, I am using Xpath to group 20 <name> tags together, how would I do that? Donors/Name??? <Donors> <Name > Abigail Sears </Name> <Name > Alicia &amp; Joe Swindel </Name> <Name > Alissa &amp; Neal Keny-Guyer </Name> <Name > Ann Bremer &amp; Earl Molander </Name> .... </Donors> Aaron wrote: > I am using Xpath to group 20 <name> tags together, how would I do that? > > Donors/Name??? Well, which 20 Name elements do you want to select? The first 20? Donors/Name[position() <...

Listbox Question 10-22-07
Hi Everyone, I have a listbox on a form that lists all our company locations. How can I design the form so that it allows me to select muliple locations from the listbox to store in my table? Is a list box not the way to go? Any help is as always much appreciated. Do you mean store multiple locations in the same field? Not really a good idea. Explain what it is you want to do and maybe we can help with a better approach. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "scott04" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > I have a listbox on a form that lists all our company locations. How can I ...

Question on receiving email
I have selected the options on Live Mail to download messages on startup and to check for messages every 5 minutes. After startup I have to use the SYNC feature for my specific account....it's the only account on the system.... to download. Is this the way it's supposed to work or should messages download into the Inbox automatically on startup? Does it work the same with the periodic checks? Tools (ALT+T), Accounts, Mail, Properties, General. Make sure that Include this account ... is checked. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "velona" <vel...

format question
Installed a 2nd HD and have partitioned into E: and logical F:. I have programs on E: right now. Can I format E: without destroying the partition that formed F:? Thank you, Steve T. Yes you can format E drive without destroying the logical drive F. If the OS is also in E (with your programs) then not only you will lose it but you will need to format the E drive using Windows OS CD or any external bootable CD that contains format.com or Format.exe. If the OS is in C drive then you can format it from within Windows XP using Windows explorer and right-clicking on the drive ...

2 question
dear expert: i am running windows 98 with oe 6 i have set a mail rule to move all incoming mail from inbox to inbox2 and everything works fine. this happens few days ago, when i click on the inbox2, it say outlook express cannot display this folder, it may cause by lack of memory or harddisk storage (sorry for my bad translation, the error message above is translate from chinese, it might not appear excatly the same as englisg error msg) everytime i need to restart my computer to get into the inbox2, and i can use it for few minutes, and then inbox2 dont works anymore. i got plenty of email...

EBT Question
What is everyone using to handle EBT cards for both cash and food benefits. What is the best way to setup the EBT for RMS? Thanks for all input ahead of time Maurice ...

Excel question ?
Hi, can anyone help me out with this .... I have excel 2003 table and sheet inside of it have some formulas. I would like to paste text data from notepad to that sheet without of erasing any of the containing formulas which are like I said already there. Thanx Hi Steve You could create a textbox from the ">View >Toolbars > Drawing menu, then paste your information in it. The textbox can be size and position any place on your sheet. HTH John "Steve" <steveaa@dzemail.com> wrote in message news:id0ci1$mh2$1@localhost.localdomain... > Hi, can anyone help me o...

Lookup Question
I have a list of contractors in column 1 and their bid price in column 2. Is there a way to use one of the "lookup" functions (or any other function) to show the low bid contractor and their qoute in a pair of cells located at the top of my worksheet without having to sort the list? In one header cell, I'm using =MIN() to determine the lowest bid price, but I can't seem to link the matching contractor with his bid. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! CB One way =INDEX(A2:A50,MATCH(MIN(B2:B50),B2:B50,0)) where A2:A50 are the contractors and B2:B50 their bids y...

Steven Lebans A2K2 Question
Steven, I want to apply the A2K2 to a form that has pie charts. Since MS Graphs need to have the labels for the "slices" adjusted as they change. So I currently do everything on a form and manipulate the labels, Save it, close it, then SAVE AS a report. then use the A2K2 to mege to a Word document that i can add comments to and e-mail. If i can do this on the form, i can save a few steps. I can't do a macro to do all of this, either. I can't do any PDF's, for various reasons.Any thoughts... ...

CHtlmView questions
My VC8/MFC application embeds an ActiveX control inside a CHtmlView to view maps. I have found a repeatable bug that causes an error in the mapping code. The error doesn't occur on all computers running our application. I have poinpointed where the error is occuring in the vbscript but don't understand why it's happening. I'm not looking to debug that here. I'm trying to determine what differences there are between CHtmlView and the stand-alone IE browser. What DLLs are used, etc. The error does not occur when the maps are viewed through a stand-alone br...

Inventory field question...
Which field in which table holds the flag that markes an item as discontinued? Is there a schema explanation somewhere? Daryl Daryl: The field is ITEMTYPE in the table IV00101 - Inventory Item Master - discontinued would mean it is set to a 2. You can see this under Tools>Resources Descriptions>Inventory and then look for the Item Master table it will show that field set to a 2. Hope that helps, JG "mainiac007" wrote: > Which field in which table holds the flag that markes an item as > discontinued? > > Is there a schema explanation somewhere? >...

PreTranslateMessage question
I have an MFC application which is based on a modal CDialog. It contains a Picture control which is resized if the parent dialog size changes - this keeps the picture control occupying the full width of the CDialog's client area. The Picture Control is used to display video, but when the dialog box size is stretched it causes a lot of flickering because the Picture Control repeatedly redraws its background while also displaying the video. According to the documentation, I just have to trap WM_ERASEBKGND messages for the Picture Control to prevent it drawing its background. So I created ...

Report Question
I'm going to explain a situation as an example will be easier to understand. I purchase a concert ticket for $50. I have a rewards program on the credit card allowing me to use points for the ticket. First, the charge is issued to the card and then, a few days later, I will be credited for the $50 when my points have been validated. So, essentially, this concert ticket costs me $0. When the transaction comes through on my credit card, I categorize it as 'Hobbies and Leisure: Concerts' as an expense. When the credit is issued, I also categorize it as the same thing (an e...

Summary Question
I have several sheets(75) in one workbook. One of the sheets is a summary worksheet which contains data from an identical cell in each of the 74 worksheets. The summary worksheet has 74 different cells for each worksheet. Is there a fast way to put each worksheet cell into each of the 74 cells in the summary sheet. Hi have you a list of your 75 sheets in one column adjacent to the target cell or is there a logic in the naming of theses sheets?. If yes using INDIRECT could do what you want. So please provide some more details :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Roger H wrote: &g...

Nobody ever answers my questions...
.... this is getting to seem a little strange. First of all, let me assure everyone here who answers questions that I realize that nobody is under any obligation to do so; it's a free service; people answer out of the goodnbess of their hearts,etc... but it has always puzzled me that when I post a question here I never receive an answer. I've decided that this must be for one of two reasons: 1) The questions I ask are on such advanced topincs that nobody has the answers, or 2) I'm an idiot whose questions are not worth the time spect answering them. -- Jim Johnson &...

Sum at end of column question
I have a delimted text file that I need to import into excel sort it by product number and total sales by product. I have to do this twice a month so I made a marco that imports the file and then using filter it filters by product number and copies the resuts to another sheet in the workbook. The trouble Im having is that I don't know how to add the entire column for total sales automatically. the total sales will always be in column C but the row number will always be different. I have tried highlighting the C column and clicking on the sum icon in the toolbar but it doesn't g...

Back up question
I am trying to back on back office and Looks like I am not doing right way. My pc where data sit name is REGISTERPC When I go to back office and try to back up and It asking me USENAME; REGIDTERPC/GUEST AND PASSWORD. I tried all the password didnt work. I tried SA password and My adminstrator password. the otherthing when I turn on guest account on register pc then I got massege Your local setting not allowing. My window furewall is off But antivirus is on . WHat I am doing wrong ? Gill, You can't use the RMS built-in backup routine to backup a database to a workstation'...