LDR: Dll xy.dll base 100000 relocated due to collision with yx.dll - how to solve this?

hi!

as posted before i was wondering why my app coused 100% CPU-usage on WinNT
and 0% on W2K/XP - i figured out that this could have to do with
those dll relocations because almost every dll used by my app gets
relocated...

most of the dlls have a collision with one single dll of my own others have
a collision with the exe itself.

how to solve this?

thanks, philipp

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can change the default base address using project
setting/Link/Output->Base Address

--
Elias
http://lgwm.org/
"Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message
> hi!
>
> as posted before i was wondering why my app coused 100% CPU-usage on WinNT
> and 0% on W2K/XP - i figured out that this could have to do with
> those dll relocations because almost every dll used by my app gets
> relocated...
>
> most of the dlls have a collision with one single dll of my own others
have
> a collision with the exe itself.
>
> how to solve this?
>
> thanks, philipp

0
lallous (134)
9/10/2003 6:59:45 AM
ok, may i use any value or is there a range i have to stay within?

thanks, philipp

"lallous" <lallous@lgwm.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> You can change the default base address using project
> setting/Link/Output->Base Address
>
> --
> Elias
> http://lgwm.org/
> "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message
> > hi!
> >
> > as posted before i was wondering why my app coused 100% CPU-usage on
WinNT
> > and 0% on W2K/XP - i figured out that this could have to do with
> > those dll relocations because almost every dll used by my app gets
> > relocated...
> >
> > most of the dlls have a collision with one single dll of my own others
> have
> > a collision with the exe itself.
> >
> > how to solve this?
> >
> > thanks, philipp

You can use values above the default load address and below 0x7FFFFFFF
The value must be 0x1000 aligned.

--
> ok, may i use any value or is there a range i have to stay within?
>
> thanks, philipp
>

> "lallous" <lallous@lgwm.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > You can change the default base address using project
> > setting/Link/Output->Base Address
> >
> > --
> > Elias
> > http://lgwm.org/
> > "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote in message
> > > hi!
> > >
> > > as posted before i was wondering why my app coused 100% CPU-usage on
> WinNT
> > > and 0% on W2K/XP - i figured out that this could have to do with
> > > those dll relocations because almost every dll used by my app gets
> > > relocated...
> > >
> > > most of the dlls have a collision with one single dll of my own others
> > have
> > > a collision with the exe itself.
> > >
> > > how to solve this?
> > >
> > > thanks, philipp

0
lallous (134)

corrupt dll?
Hello all, I am making an MFC dll in VC++.Net 2003, It compiles fine and OK. But when I link this dll to an applicaton from where I want to call this from, during implicit linking when I come the application, I get the error: "Invalid or corrupt file" for the dll which I am trying to link in. I am definitely linking the Release build of dll to the Release build of the application. Anybody knows what could be going wrong? I have done exactly the same procedure in VC++6.0 Thanks Srishti use the depends.exe and see if that's what you are expecting. are the names exposed as you ...

Multiple search criteria based on table
Hi all. Here is my question: I have created 2 simple tables with their relevant forms. Table names are Customers and Friends, so are the names of the forms. I am trying to create a query for each table, which will allow me to type some criteria (based on 10 fields of the table) in order to find the contacts that match with them and print them out in a report. I would like to be prompted to type 1) Please enter first name 2) Address 3) Postal code etc...up to 10 fields I would appreciate any help...! Alex, take a look at this article: Search form - Handle many optional criteria a...

faulting module outllib.dll
I have three P?s in the office that Outlook is faulting on=2E On= two of the PC?s, it appears that when Outlook is processing= rules it GPs on outllib=2Edll=2E These two PC?s are running Win98= and Outlook 2000=2E I turned off the rules on the third PC and it still GPs on= outllib=2Edll but it is random and only a few times a day=2E This= PC is running WinXP Home and Outlook 2000 I have tried everything I could find on Microsoft?s web site and= nothing seems to work=2E On one of the Win98 PC?s I even= formatted the hard drive and reinstalled everything=2E This= worked for about ...

DLL linking to another DLL
hello there I have a Control Panel applet DLL (statically linked to MFC) which links to a second DLL. The second DLL also statically links to MFC. The control panel DLL is renamed to have .CPL extension. Debugging the applet using 'rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL, c:\temp\CP.cpl' works 100%. However, the applet fails to load when run directly from the Control Panel. There aren't any assertion failures. have added OutputDebugString() calls to all constructors, but nothing gets outputted to DbgView, as it does when using rundll32.exe. Just to be sure, have also added '...

DLL Creation
-MFC DLL ISSUE- Shall I be able to convert VC++ builtin header files to DLL file. As an experiment i tried in math.h.I created DEF file and listed those functions in math.h, but failed to create a dll on building .As build log said unable to register dll and dll was present no where. And also how can i export my own constants.Is that also possible? Am I lacking a perfect picture of the whole thing DLL is doing?Help me please "Admirer" <rrohithr@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1188707821.370937.55550@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... I think you are a bit confused a...

Richedit 2.0
Hey ! I would like to use Richedit2.0 control in my Dialog based app. It gives me a headache. Here's what I have done so far: 1. Create a Dialog based app. 2. Place Richedit v1.0 control 3. Create member variable (CRichEditCtrl) 4. Add code below to InitInstance - member of CxxxApp class Code: // m_hRichEd20 is a CxxxApp's class member variable - type HMODULE m_hRichEd20 = LoadLibraryA("RICHED20.DLL"); 5. Add ExitInstance method to class CxxxApp to free the library code: if (m_hRichEd20) { FreeLibrary( m_hRichEd20 ); m_hRichEd20 = N...

Vlookup based on multiple criteria
I have 2 workbooks: Workbook one: Account number, name, January to September + total (columns A9 to L240) Workbook two: I need to populate with data from Workbook one Column A has the account numbers all accounts that contains department 71(xxxxx-71-xx) must go to location 1 (Jan - column B, Feb =96 column E etc) and all others goes to location 4 (Jan =96 column C, Feb =96 column F etc) Is there a basic a VLOOKUP or other function that can automatic the tasks? Thanks in advance. Workbook one Account Number Jan-10 Feb-10 Mar-10 41001-71-01 6,000.00 - 1,000.00 41001-71...

debugging DLL called from c# (interop)
Hi everybody I have a DLL library created with MFC (VS 6.0). I call some methods from this library from an ASP.NET project (c#). It works fine, but I do not know how I can debug the DLL. When I go to Tools - Processes in VS 2003 I cannot see my DLL because it is not running permamently so I cannot attach to it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Vaclav However you launch your executable which loads your library, you need to put that path in Executable for Debug Session in Debug tab of Project Settings. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "V�clav Jedli�ka" <no@...

OMINT.DLL #2
Outlook error message. You should include more information like... What version of Outlook do you use? OL2000: Error Message: Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197034 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "fmohle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb8401c3f1c6$d34e2b80$a501280a@phx.gbl... Outlook error message. ...

Release build exe has MFC71D.dll, MSVCR71D.dll and MSVCP71d.dll
HI, I have a MFC aplication created using VC++.NET 2003. When I compile in Release mode and check the exe dependency in dependency walker it shows the exe has dependency on MFC71D.dll, MSVCR71D.dll and MSVCP71d.dll. I have disabled all the debug info in the release configuration settings. Any help would be appreciated. Sandy On 18 Jan 2007 11:33:03 -0800, "sandy" <srpasham@gmail.com> wrote: >HI, >I have a MFC aplication created using VC++.NET 2003. When I compile in >Release mode and check the exe dependency in dependency walker it shows >the exe has depend...

Add timer to a dll #2
I have a regular MFC dll. I want to add a time to the application class. Is it possible and how? Regards galia "Galia" <galia@mandi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Om$9Mj8CIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a regular MFC dll. I want to add a time to the application class. >Is > it possible and how? > Regards > > galia > > > Hi Galia, i think i gave you a answer to this on some another NG. You should work with a hidden window to get timer messages. As far as i know, this is the most effective method. Maybe someone else has a better s...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

Restrict 1 combo box based on another combobox value
Hi, This should be very easy, but isn't working right. I have a form in continous view (which seems to be the problem). For each record, there are 2 comboboxes. The boxes are both tied to data in a table and the user won't necessarily touch the first combobox prior to the secondary one. The first box is the school year (Freshman, Sophmore, Junior, Senior). Based on the selection for that specific row, I want to restrict the second combobox to just the classes available for that year students. I have tried using the following in the criteria line of the Courses column in the row ...

problem in loading a DLL
Hi All, I have an MDI application which is divided in 4 layers namely HOST (MDI App) GUI DLLs, MiddleLayer(ML) DLLs, and Core functionality DLLs & libs. The HOST loads the GUI from a DLL. the GUI issues command to MiddleLayer, ML authentifies the GUI and loads the apropriate Core DLL. The problem here is that when I try to loade Core DLL from ML DLL, it is unable to load the Core DLL. My ML DLL is a Win32 DLL, and Core DLL is a Regualr MFC DLL (not MFC Extension). I don't know whether it's possible to load MFC DLL from Win32 DLL, but to me this seems to be a problem. Please cl...

Using Outlook 2000. I receive the message cannot find wab dll.
When entering new data: e.g. contact info, I receive the message cannot find wab dll. How can I fix this problem? Ed See the below concerning Outlook 2000 and the missing *.wab on Vista and Windows 7 http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Ed C" <Ed C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9236050-8502-4846-A1B9-F486C91B8A11@microsoft.com... > When entering new data: e.g. contact info, I receive the me...

Call EXE from DLL (A crystal User defined DLL)
Hi! I have the following problem: A database app that uses Crystal Reports for reporting. Some things cannot be easily realised in Crystal so I may resort to writing an Crystal Extension DLL. Problem is that this DLL should be able to call the main app or else do I have to duplicate code and also sun into the hassle of having two database connections. The easiest, I suppose, is to loadLibrary on the Crystal DLL from my app and pass a pointer, but it feels a bit unsafe :) Other options are to set up some sort of interprocess stuff which seems a bit of an overkill when all I want to do is to c...

Query Based Address List using boolean "company1 or company2" possible?
Hello, I'm trying to make a query based address list for multiple companies so that all those from company1 or those from company2 will be included in the address list. I've tried just adding both filters "company is exactly company1" and then the next of "company is exactly company2" through System Manager>Recipients>All Address Lists, Right click, click Filter rules>Advanced Tab... but it yields no results, as it appears it's and'ing them (if company = company1 and company=company2). Is there a way I can make a filter to include both companies w...

Missing DLL file prevents me using PST Files?
Hello - I posted on here a while ago asking for help as following a company merger I cannot use PST files in Outlook 2000 (Windows NT machine). I have been told that work have removed a DLL file which is causing this. Do any of you have experience of this? If so any idea what DLL file I need to add back in? Many thanks, Carl. Do you mean that the corporate IT removed the DLL so you can't use PSTs? Do they have a good reason for this? "Carl Jarvis" <carljarvis@nothankyouforthespammister.co.uk> wrote in message news:1125040515.4863.0@nnrp-t71-03.news.uk.clara.ne...

Exporting Classes from DLL
This is something I haven't played with before at all so perhaps someone could help me out. I would like to write a DLL in C++ that exposes a class that could be used from either C++ or a .NET language. Is there anything special I need to do to export such a class? Any potential problems? Perhaps there is a Web site that discusses this? Thanks! -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm Consult your MSDN documentation. Here are some tips. There are following ways that you can export your classes t...

match based on 2 conditions
i am trying to match a verb from a column on a worksheet to the same verb in a column on a different sheet but only if the verb is being used (which is indicated by a "Yes" in the verb's adjacent column). Then, where the verbs match, I need the value of the fourth column on the same row where the "Yes" and matched verb are. So far I have is this formula: =IF(INDEX(Verbs!B:B,(MATCH(M4,Verbs!C:C,1)))="Yes",(VLOOKUP(M4,Verbs!C:G,4))," ") while it works in most cases, there are some cases where the verb exists more than one time...

Dex 11 error
I am getting the flowing error when using test mode. This error occurs before the login screen appears and when error I click the server drop down. Has anybody ran into this error before? Unhandled script exception: Could not load external 'DexIsODBCsqlDriver@GPDWIN32.dll'. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MEMORY SCRIPT_CMD_EXTERN Reinstalling the application will help. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com&...

smtp connector based on sender?
Is there a way to create an smtp connector based on the sender's address space rather than the recipient's? For example, I want some of my users to have their e-mail sent through smtp.foo.com and I want other users to have their e-mail sent through smtp.bar.com. Would appreciate any help. Thanks! I just realized this post isn't very clear. I should clarify and mention that I'm not looking for a connector that does anything with inbound mail. In fact, I want the "equivalent" of a connector for outbound mail. In other words, I want to be able to route outbou...

Novice Question
Ok, firstly, sorry for the very general question! Basically, I have coded a program using MFC. It is Dialog Based and consists of some textfields and a few buttons. My program is called DCP and the App Wizard created a DCP.cpp and DCPDlg.cpp files for me (and a few others). The bulk of the functionality of my program is written in the DCPDlg.cpp file - is this correct? For example, when I created a button and clicked on it in the resource (dialog) view it automatically puts a function for it in the DCPDlg.cpp file i.e. void CDCPDlg::OnButtonPrint() { // Do some stuff here } I have ne...

.DLL
I cannot send or recieve - error message states: The .DLL file for the information folder could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information server PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. ...

hive based registry + gac files (3rd party) -> troubles
using wince 5 (pb5) the hive based registry (storage card) works fine i have a .gac file for custom.dll (\Windows\custom.dll) and a .dat file which copies the custom.dll from \Storage Card\ to \Windows if i do a fresh restart of the system without folder 'Documents and Settings' for the registry hive everything wors fine: - i get the GAC_custom_v1_0_0_0_cneutral_1.dll in the \Windows folder - the custom.dll gets deleted from \Windows folder after a restart the registry hive already exists and gets merged during boot also the registry keys for my 3rd party assembly are n...