Launching IE from my application

I want to launch from ny win32 application Internet Explorer with a certain
page in my website. Is it possible to that with a shell command (without
using win32 api but a dos-like command)?

Thanks in advance

Victor

0
jino (1)
7/3/2005 1:56:07 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have no idea what a "dos-like command" is. What is wrong with ShellExecute? (Note: if
you are trying to launch a command shell, ShellExecute is a good way to launch it, as well
as CreateProcess, which is what ShellExecute uses, and is, oh dear, another Win32 API. Oh
yes, ShellExecute always does the RIGHT thing, by launching the user's selected browser).
Or you could use system(), if you don't mind the fact that it will probably get the wrong
browser for some users.

Somehow, this question seems remarkably pointless. Why try to invent a wrong solution when
the right solution is so easy to use?
					joe

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:56:07 +0200, "Jino" <jino@triko.com> wrote:

>I want to launch from ny win32 application Internet Explorer with a certain
>page in my website. Is it possible to that with a shell command (without
>using win32 api but a dos-like command)?
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Victor

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
7/3/2005 5:57:30 PM
he is right!

also try createprocess()

{win32 API)

Thanks,

Arvind
> I have no idea what a "dos-like command" is. What is wrong with
ShellExecute? (Note: if
> you are trying to launch a command shell, ShellExecute is a good way to
launch it, as well
> as CreateProcess, which is what ShellExecute uses, and is, oh dear,
another Win32 API. Oh
> yes, ShellExecute always does the RIGHT thing, by launching the user's
selected browser).
> Or you could use system(), if you don't mind the fact that it will
probably get the wrong
> browser for some users.
>
> Somehow, this question seems remarkably pointless. Why try to invent a
wrong solution when
> the right solution is so easy to use?
> joe
>
> On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:56:07 +0200, "Jino" <jino@triko.com> wrote:
>
> >I want to launch from ny win32 application Internet Explorer with a
certain
> >page in my website. Is it possible to that with a shell command (without
> >using win32 api but a dos-like command)?
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >
> >Victor
> >

> Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
> email: newcomer@flounder.com
> Web: http://www.flounder.com

r3810 (12)
7/4/2005 11:51:48 AM
http://www.functionx.com/visualc/howto/launchapps.htm

Thanks,

Arvind

-------------------------
"eRiva Systems" - Where Technology Meets Life, Every Minute.

e-Mail : arvindr@erivasystems.com

Web Site: www.erivasystems.com

Yahoo Messenger : arvish27

"Jino" <jino@triko.com> wrote in message
> I want to launch from ny win32 application Internet Explorer with a
certain
> page in my website. Is it possible to that with a shell command (without
> using win32 api but a dos-like command)?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Victor

0
r3810 (12)
7/4/2005 11:59:33 AM
Except that it uses WinExec, which is explicitly stated as "obsolete"; however it does
satisfy the need to avoid a "Win32 API", because is a Win16 API. WinExec should be avoided
for all new code.
				joe

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 17:29:33 +0530, "Arvind" <arvind r@erivasystems.com> wrote:

>http://www.functionx.com/visualc/howto/launchapps.htm
>
>--

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
7/5/2005 2:05:19 PM
Just use ShellExecute. It will launch the *default* browser:

ShellExecute(NULL, "open", "http://www.ibm.com",NULL, NULL,
SW_SHOWNORMAL);

----------
Ajay Kalra
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

0
ajaykalra (6842)
7/6/2005 8:24:13 PM
ShellExecute
(this->m_hWnd, "open", "iexplore","http://www.microsoft.com",NULL,SW_SHOW);

--
Pursue it all mylife.
And will never regret!

0
Horisly (4)

How to intercept the Word.Application.WindowSelectionChange event
What is the VBA code to intercept the WindowSelectionChange event on Mac Office 2004? Cannot be done: no events in Mac Word. On 4/12/09 1:10 AM, in article 95E6CDEF-CF67-4D01-A62A-4E4FF5818489@microsoft.com, "Mac Office Developer" <MacOfficeDeveloper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the VBA code to intercept the WindowSelectionChange event on Mac > Office 2004? -- The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay! John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Wor...

Maximum Character Limit on the USerAgent String in IE 6
Hi, I am trying to access a web application which only supports IE version 5.01 and above. In order to perform this check we use USerAgent string to check the IE version and then allow the users to access the application. While testing we found out that on Windows XP IE 6.0 when the user agent is beyong 256 character length, the rest of the useragent string is getting truncated and it is only returning Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;). However this is not the case with IE 7.0 and IE 8.0. Is this a known issue in IE 6.0 and do this have any workaroound? Any pointers to ...

IE crashing when using CRM 3
some users are experiencing a lot of IE crashes when using CRM3.0.5300.0 This is when clicking around the CRM and I have a screenshot of the CRM as it crashed if anyone needs this... The diagnostic is below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <DATABASE> <EXE NAME="iexplore.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY"> <MATCHING_FILE NAME="HMMAPI.DLL" SIZE="38912" CHECKSUM="0xD85D870C" BIN_FILE_VERSION="6.0.2900.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="6.0.2900.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="6.00....

slow launch
My work laptop is becoming almost unbearable lately. After logon the wallpaper appears immediately but the Taskbar and Desktop icons take fully three minutes before they even appear! Add another two or more minutes for the disk activity to slow down and it can take me at least five minutes after logon to be able to open any application. During this time the disk activity LED is essentially solid on, so something is happening in the background. After everything stops the laptop acts normally and is not slow during use. There is one application, FreeCommander, that once launched ta...

MFC to launch MsDev
I am running MsDev 7.1 I would like to from a MFC project use automation to launch MsDev then load a text file etc... The problem is that when I use the 'Add Class' and select 'MFC Class from Typelib' and then choose 'Microsoft Development Environment 7.0' type library I cannot determine what interface to generate the class for. There is no _Application interface or similar like there is for each of the Office applications. MSDN documentation regarding MsDev automation has not been updated (shame!), and I am at a loss. Ideas? - Marty ...

double launch at IE launch from quick launch
When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch. Most of the time I launch from the quick start bar. It happens also from the standard desktop icon also. ??? If you're looking for help here, the first piece of information we need is what version of Internet Explorer you are using and what version of Windows you are using (including the service pack number.) Next, keeping in mind that we are totally relying on your description, you need to explain exactly what a "double launch" means and why it happens only sometimes, along with any other detai...

Close all instances of IE
What is the best way to programmatically close all instances of IE that are running? Is it possible to selectively close instances based on window title (or some other attribute)? You can try enumerating all the top level windows and compare the class name to 'IEFrame'. Something along the following lines ::EnumChildWindows( ::GetDesktopWindow() , YourEnumProc, NULL ); BOOL CALLBACK EnumChildProc( HWND hwnd, LPARAM lParam ) { CString sClassName; GetClassName(hwnd, sClassName.GetBuffer(MAX_PATH), MAX_PATH ); sClassName.ReleaseBuffer(); ...

MOSS 2007, Visio 2007 + IE 8
Hi, with IE8 I cannot edit Visio files (*.vsd) from a document library: "Error (1502) file not found". When I open the file in proteced mode it works without problems! Also Word and Excel files I can "Edit in Microsoft Office Word/Excel" directly, only Viso-files doesn't work... System: Server: W2k3 R2 SP2 x64 Client: WinXP SP3, Office 2007 SP2 / Visio 2007 SP2 SharePoint: MOSS 2007 SP1 any ideas? best regards, J�rgen N. ...

EnumChildWindows make application crash
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5F458.0346FB10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a MDI application. There are some CControlbar-derived window. I = want to use EnumChildWindows API to find one of these CControlbar. My = code is: HWND hWnd; //initialize to the CFrameWnd handle EnumChildWindows(hWnd,EnumFunc,0); Debug this code, the application crash at EnumChildWindows call. Does anyone met the same problem? Any idea is welcome. Thanks -Jerry ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5F458....

Access Groups from IE?
Hi Everyone, In the past, I have used OE to access the groups. I can't access the groups this way from work any longer. Is there a way to get to the groups from IE? Thanks, Linda http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx "Linda RQ" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > In the past, I have used OE to access the groups. I can't access the groups > this way from work any longer. Is there a way to get to the groups from IE? > > Thanks, > Linda > > > . > "Linda RQ" <Romulan...

Launching report from Switchboard launches Fax Wizard?
Hello, I have a command button on the switchboard with the following code to launch a report: Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewNormal End Sub The report is based on a query that has the following code: SELECT t.gamenum, t.gamedate, O.teamname, t.atbats, t.hits, IIf(t.atbats<>0,t.hits/t.atbats,0) AS BA, t.runs, t.doubles, t.triples, t.homeruns, t.rbi, t.walks, t.strikeouts, t.LOB, t.sb, t.errors FROM tGameStats AS t LEFT JOIN tOpponentTeam AS O ON t.teamopponent = O.teamnumber WHERE (((t.gamenum)>=DMax("gamenum"...

How do I sort numbers in a table (ie. rows & columns)?
I have drawn up a table 10 columns by 30 rows and have a inserted a random number between 1000 - 3000 in each cell using the RANDBETWEEN function. Is there a way I can sort the table so that the lowest value appears in the top left cell and the highest in the bottom right (ie. in order by rows and then by columns)? I hope this makes sense. Alternatively how can I ensure that I do not have any duplicate numbers in my selection? Your assistance is appreciated. Thank you T, My Excel add-in Special Sort can sort the data in a table - either across the rows or down the columns and in asc...

Emulate multiple Http sessions from a Console Application
Hi there, I'm testing an ASP.NET application which is intendet to create a log file for each Http session. How can I emulate two (or more) sessions sending request to my ASP.NET page from a console application? I tried with two WebClient instances sending requests but on the Server side I have one session for each request. Any suggestion? thanks in advance, Giulio -- Giulio Petrucci wrote: > Hi there, > > I'm testing an ASP.NET application which is intendet to create a log > file for each Http session. How can I emulate two (or more) sessions >...

Launching IE from my application
I want to launch from ny win32 application Internet Explorer with a certain page in my website. Is it possible to that with a shell command (without using win32 api but a dos-like command)? Thanks in advance Victor I have no idea what a "dos-like command" is. What is wrong with ShellExecute? (Note: if you are trying to launch a command shell, ShellExecute is a good way to launch it, as well as CreateProcess, which is what ShellExecute uses, and is, oh dear, another Win32 API. Oh yes, ShellExecute always does the RIGHT thing, by launching the user's selected browser). Or you ...

Weblink launch from Ootlook 2003 hangs
WinXP SP3 Outlook 2003, popmail IE7 Whenever I click a weblink (launch) from within outlook mail message AND IE explorer is not already open, I get 2 windows. Window 1 is the home page -> OK. Windows 2 is the URL of the weblink. This window 2 stays blank and "in process". What can I do to fix this? If IE is already open, the windows 2 functions and opens the URL. Thx -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Did you try resetting web settings in IE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outloo...

Launch
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Recently reinstalled Panther and then Tiger on my iBook. I reinstalled Office v X and now I cannot open WORD, Powerpoint or Excel from the icons in the Office folder or from the icons in the dock? Am I missing something? I believe you're going to need the Office X 10.1.9 updater: <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C -9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en> Then Repair Disk Permissions & restart. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/16/08 4:00 PM, in artic...

Application.InputBox Error
Excel 2003 SP3; XP Pro SP3 Dim r As Range Set r = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Please enter the range", Type:=8) The above code throws Runtime error 424, "Object Rquired" when I try it. The input box comes up, I can select cells with the mouse, which causes the range address to appear in the input box. The error pops when I click OK. (The locals window shows r as a range containing nothing.) Any suggestions? -- Clif What occurs when you run this? Dim r As Range Set r = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Please enter the range", Type:=8) MsgBox r.Address I...

Hyperlinks not showing up after mail merge launched from Word
I have a Word document with a URL in it. When I do a mail merge and send thru Outlook my URL is not coming up as a hyperlink to the recipient. It is showing in my document however. Any suggestions? Thanks much! ...

IE toolbar question
Hi, anybody knows how to make toolbar after installation/registration to appear on IE automatically, without having to go to view/toolbars menu and checking it out ? I couldn't find any trace in IE registry settings. thanks Open a new browser instance than using the IWebBrowser2 interface from that instance, show your browser bar by calling ShowBrowserBar. After that the setting will stick. AliR. "andrew" <kc2ine@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u4M1g8RRFHA.356@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > anybody knows how to make toolbar after installation/registration to...

Developing Skin-Enabled MFC Application
Hi Gurus, I am trying to develop Skin-enabled windows 32 application using VC++, MFC. The application should work on all windows 32 bit os range from win 95 to win xp. We want to create it customizable. Anybody having great idea, good website which gives technical and as well as risk etc. -- The Key To Everything Is Patience... -- Gopalakrishnan "Gopalakrishnan" <mailtogops@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message news:65F7C4A4-7BB2-4796-A407-AC7AC9E657B3@microsoft.com... > Hi Gurus, > > I am trying to develop Skin-enabled windows 32 application using VC++, &g...

How could I know when any program launchs?
Hi. In fact, I want to hook any program. The program's file is 'LOOK.EXE'. I want to know next: 1. that time when LOOK.EXE is loaded. 2. that time when LOOK.EXE is opened. (by WriteFile or OpenFile). (In fact, I need to hook LOOK.EXE) I have not to use Kernel-mode. How could I do it? You might want to take a look at this information: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms632589.aspx Tom "keandi" <keandi@lycos.co.kr> wrote in message news:1181017204.425144.139550@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > In fact, I want to hook any program. &...

Outlook 2003:Previously dismissed reminders launch when Outlook2003 is opened.
>-----Original Message----- > >. > We are finding EXACTLY the same problem. This appears to happen on a Monday morning - could something be happening on the Exchange server over the weekend that triggers this? ...

Launching Outlook Launches Windows Installer
I have Outlook 2000 and Windows 2000 with service pack 4. When I launch Outlook the Windows Installer also starts up. It works to cancel the Windows Installer but this is quite annoying. How can I stop the installer from launching? ...

Access application will not work on XP
I have a simple access applicataion that was built with Access 2000 on a Windows 2000 computer. I have buttons that link open up certain folders when pressed. When I put this application on a Windows XP computer with Access 2000, the links do not work. Any ideas why? Thanks, Jasper It just does nothing! Jasper "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FEBBBC2-A555-48E0-B4B4-8B11E3E1E94C@microsoft.com... > Jasper, > > do you get any messages when trying to open them or is it just not doing > anything? > > > -- > Maur...

Handling registry in a dialog application, i e not SDI or MDI
Are there functions in a dialog based applications like the SetRegistryKey, WriteProfileString and GetProfileString functions in MDI/SDI applications? "Joachim" <Joachim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C57B1041-39EF-461D-B76D-8EF8CAA1F01E@microsoft.com... > Are there functions in a dialog based applications like the SetRegistryKey, > WriteProfileString and GetProfileString functions in MDI/SDI applications? These appear to be CWinApp member functions, so wouldn't they be as valid in an MFC dialog based app as they are in an SDI or MDI app? -- Jeff...