launch app and read file by drag and drop

How do I get my application to open and read a file when
the file's icon has been dragged onto the application
icon? I can drop a file onto the open application and read
it, but I can't figure out how the application gets the
file name when the file's dropped onto the icon. I'm using
VS 6.0.
0
dianeh.h (1)
8/14/2003 5:58:07 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Electronic report or file layout for Federal and/or State reports
Hello, does GP have the capability to support all some state and federal electronic reporting and available electronic new hire reporting? -- Thanks for your help ...

Where is file for email accounts?
I'm having problems with Outlook and BCM and would like to try removing and reinstalling both. I have about a dozen email accounts and I would like to save the file that includes them and just copy that file back into the program files after the reinstall. I know, I'm lazy, but I would like to save the email account setup time if possible. Anyone know where this file lives, what it is called, and if this approach is possible? - jim Santa Clara, CA "Jim" <prest51@comcast.net> wrote in message news:97GdnYU6YYaleZXVnZ2dnUVZ_uKpnZ2d@comcast.com... > I'm...

slow launch
My work laptop is becoming almost unbearable lately. After logon the wallpaper appears immediately but the Taskbar and Desktop icons take fully three minutes before they even appear! Add another two or more minutes for the disk activity to slow down and it can take me at least five minutes after logon to be able to open any application. During this time the disk activity LED is essentially solid on, so something is happening in the background. After everything stops the laptop acts normally and is not slow during use. There is one application, FreeCommander, that once launched ta...

MFC to launch MsDev
I am running MsDev 7.1 I would like to from a MFC project use automation to launch MsDev then load a text file etc... The problem is that when I use the 'Add Class' and select 'MFC Class from Typelib' and then choose 'Microsoft Development Environment 7.0' type library I cannot determine what interface to generate the class for. There is no _Application interface or similar like there is for each of the Office applications. MSDN documentation regarding MsDev automation has not been updated (shame!), and I am at a loss. Ideas? - Marty ...

Problem Reading Emails -
Sorry for the doubel post. Guys can anyone provide a suggested solution to this problem. I have a few clients who cannot open encrypted emails. When I try to open the message, I get the a dialog box with the following "Cannot open this item. Your digital ID name cannot be found by the underlying security system" Any ideas? ...

How do I add Reference files "Utility.mda" and "acwzmain.mde?
I upgraded to Access 2007 from Access 2003 and now my database does not work. I'm missing the following two files "Utility.mda" and "acwzmain.mde". How do I add Reference files "Utility.mda" and "acwzmain.mde back into my database? I did the conversion and Save as functions and it still would not work. ...

How do I print save as files?
Someone sent me an excel spreadsheet. I made some corrections and saved it in the save as option. Now its in OLKD and I can not print it or send it back to the customer with the corrections because it can not open. I am totally new at this.Please can someone help me open it for review and to print and maybe move it? Thanks in Advance.Molly You didn't do a Save As and change the directory. It was a temp directory and may or may not be available. If there's any hope, this is it: http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How...

help with embedded files not displaying
anyone run into a situation where embedded files copied into the body of an email don't display. Did before, but somehow a setting got changed. Thank you, randy What version of Outlook? Note that this is only supported for Rich Text format which is the least compatible mail format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "randy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:002c01c48aea$cac31760$3501280a@phx.gbl... >...

double launch at IE launch from quick launch
When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch. Most of the time I launch from the quick start bar. It happens also from the standard desktop icon also. ??? If you're looking for help here, the first piece of information we need is what version of Internet Explorer you are using and what version of Windows you are using (including the service pack number.) Next, keeping in mind that we are totally relying on your description, you need to explain exactly what a "double launch" means and why it happens only sometimes, along with any other detai...

Recurring app't for 1st working day
Hi, Is it possible to have a recusrring monthly appointment set to the first WORKING day of each month? Many thanks, Jason "Me!" <dummy@dummy.dummy> wrote in message news:eWLImhKdJHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have a recusrring monthly appointment set to the first > WORKING day of each month? I don't think so. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] not using native outlook tools, you can either use ws.repeat appointment or excel. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/everyx.htm for the general idea. for your specific needs, your formula ...

There has been an error reading or writing the file '.'
I've the Money Deluxe 2004. When I go to the Reports (Account Transations, Payee, ...) it crash and give me that message. How can I resolve? thanks ...

Launching report from Switchboard launches Fax Wizard?
Hello, I have a command button on the switchboard with the following code to launch a report: Private Sub CommandLastXGames_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "rLastXGames", acViewNormal End Sub The report is based on a query that has the following code: SELECT t.gamenum, t.gamedate, O.teamname, t.atbats, t.hits, IIf(t.atbats<>0,t.hits/t.atbats,0) AS BA, t.runs, t.doubles, t.triples, t.homeruns, t.rbi, t.walks, t.strikeouts, t.LOB, t.sb, t.errors FROM tGameStats AS t LEFT JOIN tOpponentTeam AS O ON t.teamopponent = O.teamnumber WHERE (((t.gamenum)>=DMax("gamenum"...

Element 'ElephantTreeView' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site, or the web.config file is missing. Options
Trying to implement a tree control that I cound on the internet. "I believe" that I'm doing the right thing but I'm currently getting the following Error: Element 'ElephantTreeView' is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site, or the web.config file is missing. Can someone please point it out what I might be doing wrong. Thanks ************************************** ****Control on .Master Page***** ************************************** <asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" Hei...

MS Word (and other apps) trigger Security Dialog in OL 2002
When I create, forward or reply to an email in OL 2002 for the first time each day, I get the security dialog "a program is trying to access your email addresses." I use MS Word 2002 as my email editor. Subsequent attempts to create, forward and reply do not trigger this dialog. Also, my phone sync program does the same thing every time. I sometimes have had the problem with activesync. Any explanations? TIA Michael The unknown Posterchild wrote: > When I create, forward or reply to an email in OL 2002 for the first time > each day, I get the security dialog "a ...

Inquiry Access Only (Read Only)
How can I set up a user class with read only access? Do I need to take away ALL access, then add each window and report one at a time? Thanks, Alan Alan, That is the way I originally set up such a class and then just tweaked it as necessary. Cheers Ross. "Alan Waggoner" wrote: > How can I set up a user class with read only access? Do I need to take away > ALL access, then add each window and report one at a time? > > Thanks, > Alan ...

Command line style switch for MFC GUI app?
I have inherited a large MFC app. I want to add an option to dump the log, which currently goes to a console window, to a file. The code to do this is written and works fine. However, it is important that the option to do so is not presented to a standard user (the app is already in use and changes to the interface are to be avoided if possible - the end users are very time-constrained in their actions, reacting to events in real-time, and adding buttons etc. just confuses them!) . As such, I'd like it to be triggered by the command calling the application. In essence, some kind of...

.prn Files to Excel
Hello, I work in a system that displays data in spreadsheet format (display only, not editable). The system does not allow you to copy to the clipboard. I would like to put this data into excel to manipulate. The only way I can see is to print to a file (*.prn). Is there a way to open or use this file format in excel along the lines of a CSV or TXT file. If I try and open it with Excel the page comes up with squares and symbols everywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ray Ray, As far as I know, you can't open a prn file in Excel and get any meaningful data. -- Co...

Launching IE from my application
I want to launch from ny win32 application Internet Explorer with a certain page in my website. Is it possible to that with a shell command (without using win32 api but a dos-like command)? Thanks in advance Victor I have no idea what a "dos-like command" is. What is wrong with ShellExecute? (Note: if you are trying to launch a command shell, ShellExecute is a good way to launch it, as well as CreateProcess, which is what ShellExecute uses, and is, oh dear, another Win32 API. Oh yes, ShellExecute always does the RIGHT thing, by launching the user's selected browser). Or you ...

Weblink launch from Ootlook 2003 hangs
WinXP SP3 Outlook 2003, popmail IE7 Whenever I click a weblink (launch) from within outlook mail message AND IE explorer is not already open, I get 2 windows. Window 1 is the home page -> OK. Windows 2 is the URL of the weblink. This window 2 stays blank and "in process". What can I do to fix this? If IE is already open, the windows 2 functions and opens the URL. Thx -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Did you try resetting web settings in IE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outloo...

HELP: Export data to word template and save it as a seperate file
Hi All, I want to export details from excel userform to a word template and save it at a different file. So basically once the user clicks the Export to word button this should happen: -Opens up a dialog window(to select the word template) - User Selects the word template (I have a specific word template designed) - the template is then "SAVED AS" a seperate word file at a specific location(mentioned in code below) But what is happening is, When user clicks the button and selects the template, the data is exported to that template, and its not saved in a differen...

pst files #12
I just read that pst files should only be stored on the user's hard drive and not on a network drive. Does it make a difference if the network drive is a mapped drive? Mary Gudobba wrote: > I just read that pst files should only be stored on the user's hard > drive and not on a network drive. Does it make a difference if the > network drive is a mapped drive? You can certainly store a /backup/ copy of your pst file on a nretwork drive: - the theory about storing pst files that are in use is that Outlook requires read/write access to the file and if the network connec...

Cannot Drag Open Desktop Screen
Hi: I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of screen. Any suggestions as to how to remedy this problem of not being able to drag a screen will be appreciated Thanks, ColTom2. On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:48:43 -0400, "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote: >Hi: > > I have a friend running XP MCE (2005) SP3 and he cannot drag an open >screen on his desktop by Left clicking and holding cursor on the top of >screen. > > A...

Read
Lady only 24-Hrs +91 9810577227 Send email to info@lenstar.org get access code. ...

how to start an html file
During a vba procedure I'd like to start an html file. I have waitshell and know shell exists, but I'd like a description of how to use one (or both?) of them to do what I need. I've triked followhyperlink but it doesn't seem to do what I want - it apparently goes to the link twice. I have been using it in the form FollowHyperlink "http://www.<site>/cgi-bin/send-to-all.cgi", , False and it's clear that the cgi is hit twice in quick succession. Dick ...

Backing up Excel file
Hello all, Is there another way to back up an Excel file, besides the AutoRecover settings in Options and the Always Create Backup feature in the General Options of Save As? What I am looking to do is to create a backup copy automatically in a directory that I want (other than the directory where the original is). Thanks. Use windows explorer and just copy|paste? AccessHelp wrote: > > Hello all, > > Is there another way to back up an Excel file, besides the AutoRecover > settings in Options and the Always Create Backup feature in the General > Options of Save As? &g...