KB309801 is not quite right

Hi,
The "resolution" section is too terse/inflexible.
This way it'll become more helpful:

#if defined(_AFXDLL) && (_MFC_VER >= 0x0700)
#include <atlstr.h>
template class __declspec(dllimport) CStringT<TCHAR, StrTraitMFC<TCHAR,
ChTraitsCRT<TCHAR> > >;
template class __declspec(dllimport) CSimpleStringT<TCHAR>;
#endif

Please notice: _AFXDLL, #include

Regards,
Troels
0
tk6102 (4)
8/18/2005 12:12:52 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

right click to download picture?
Outlook 2007 on both computers. I received an email to my desktop. I then forwarded it to my laptop. None of the pictures appered in the email on my laptop. There were red X's with a message to right click to download pictures. Is there a setting in Outlook 2007 so they would have appeared automatically? Or did this happen because I forwarded the email? Thanks in advance. you can change the external content setting by clicking on the inforbar and changing the download settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with C...

OWA quits working
I have Ex Svr 2003 SP1 up and fully functional with no errors in the logs. OWA will work perfectly and then simply quit. Any attempt to browse to //servername/exchange yields a "the page cannot be displayed" error as well as "cannot find server or DNS error" It appears at this point that IIS is not functioning at all. I get the exact same error just browsing to the default website. It's not DNS, I get the same error when using DNS names and the IP address. I've tried restarting IIS to no avail. Nothing works except a shutdown and restart of the server. At tha...

Information Rights Management
hello i restricted permission to open a spreadsheet using Information Rights Management and have had no problem gaining access to it by using a password for well oner 2 years now. suddenly it is refusing me access and referring me to myself to gain access permission. attempts to use this approach to re-gain access lead me in a circular routine with no access resulting. i urgently need access to this spreadsheet but cannot find a way!!**!! -- ghlewis "ghlewis" <ghlewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0978F813-662A-4316-9D84-55CF50D2B67C@micro...

counting from left to right and stopping when blank
Hi, I�ve got a situation, which I thought would be pretty simple, but it wasn�t. Brief: I do a report monthly, which defines how much files are pending. Recently I�ve been asked to age the items. Normally that would be easy, if I have a timestamp or date to work off. But there is no date. So what I�ve done is inserted previous reports as different tabs into one worksheet, going back to July 04. Then I�ve inserted a new tab, which looks up July 05 in July 04 thought to June 05, it will bring back the policy number or blank if the statement is false. I�ve also got a col, which coun...

Extracting value from cell (opposite of "right"/"left" functions)
Windows 2000 Office 2000 I have a row of cells where I need to find out the value of the characters prior to the last 3 characters. If I cared what the last 3 characters were, I could use the "right" function. The "left" function won't work because there could be any number of characters before the last 3. What function/process do I need to have a cell show me what precedes the last 3 characters? Here's an example: Current Value Value looking for AFGHANISTAN-AF AFGHANISTAN ALBANIA-AL ALBANIA AMERICAN SAMOA-AS AMERICAN SAMOA Thanks in advance for ...

Lin numbering on the right
We have Windows 2007 on Windows XP. A client has requested that we submit our documents with line numbering on the RIGHT side of the page. I tried to modify the Line Number style, but the Paragraph menu item is grayed out. I could find no option that let me put numbers on the right side. Is it possible to do line numbers in the right margin? The text is to be left justified. Thanks! I believe you will have to type line numbers in a text box anchored to the header paragraph in order to accomplish what you want. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "samhdc"...

Administrating rights on Public Folders
I need to set rights on a folder and all its subfolders. Do I have to set rights to one folder at a time individually ? Jane Hi dfgdfgd, If you set rights on public folder and ...into the advanced tab just click allow inheritence...it will apply same rights to all the folders "dfgdfgd" wrote: > I need to set rights on a folder and all its subfolders. > Do I have to set rights to one folder at a time individually ? > > > Jane > ...

the right newsgroup?
I posted it here since I couldn't find an Exchange newsgroup... -- rvangeldrop ...

Strange issue
All, I have come across a strange issue with my ASP.NET application. When I run my ASP.NET application all the text within the Button controls are right aligned? I suspect I must have unwittingly changed a property somewhere, is there a global property for this? TIA Ian "Ian" wrote > > I have come across a strange issue with my ASP.NET application. > > When I run my ASP.NET application all the text within the Button controls > are right aligned? > > I suspect I must have unwittingly changed a property somewhere, is there a > global...

Migrated Outlook 2000 unexpectedly Quits in Windows XP
Hello, I've got a computer that was a new Windows XP installation. We moved the clients files over via Microsoft's Files and Settings Transfer Wizard. The old and new machine uses Outlook from the Office 2000 installation as opposed to the newest version of Office (2003). On the old machine, Outlook 2000 (NOT outlook 2003) would periodically "unexpectedly quit". The old computer was slow and old so the client upgraded and once the files were transferred the unexpected crashes started happening on the new computer as well. I now suspect that there's some sort of c...

Outlook quits
I have a user who is in Outlook 2000 and the program just quits immediatly with no notice when she is browsing her contacts folder (which is on the Exchange server). Any ideas? ...

Publisher application quits during startup at splash screen
Hi, I'm working on a business presentation which contains a visio graphic. The graphic contains wording which i would edit from within publisher by double clicking it. From here i could change the font height from the publisher tool bar. When done with the edits, i clicked out of the visio window containing the graphic. The publisher toolbars dissapear and then the application closes out. Now i can not open publisher at all. i keep getting the error message dialog. publisher fails to start after a system restart and a office detect and repair. The visio application is an ev...

outlook quit checking for new mail #2
This is a second post re this question. No one has yet answered except to tell me to reboot. sigh.....that's been done many times. What can I do to have it check for new mail when the program is opened? That option is checked as before but now it doesn't happen. thanks. I think a ms patch screwed it up. What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed in? If you're not sure, check Help | About. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable...

Event log quits logging
Server is an HP ML310 G5p running Windows SBS 2008, at SP2 level. Recently the server experienced these symptoms: 1. Email stops being delivered to the clients 2. Cannot login to the server via rdp or console. After entering the password it just sits at a blue screen that says Welcome. 3. Post-reboot review of the logs show that the application, system, and security logs just stop logging events until the reboot. 4. Apparently DNS continues to function and maybe file services because the clients can still access the shares and Internet. The last entry in the logs is at approx...

Read only rights to Exchange 2003 mailbox
I have a client whom we recently migrated off of Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Though the migration tool was helpful, it did not seem to deal with rights assigned to mailboxes very well. My client has several users for whom their secretaries were assigned read permissions to their boxes through Outlook. After migration, these rights seem to be gone. In Exchange manager, I have gone in and assigned read permissions one of the mailboxes in question to the appropriate user. However, when that users tries to open the mainbox he gets "Unable to display the folder. The inbox folder could not be fou...

Right Click to Autofill cells in 2003
Hello All, In 97 to 2002 it was possible to right click when using Autofill to copy the cells down rather than continuing the sequence. in 2003 i just get a pretty red line (what purpose does this serve?). Does anyone know if I can get back the old functionality? Many thanks, Danny I have that functionality in Excel 2003 as well, maybe you have installed an add-in? In any case if you hold down ctrl while using the left click copy down it will also copy as opposed to fill a series Regards, peo sjoblom "DannyJ" wrote: > Hello All, > > In 97 to 2002 it was possi...

Disallow all delete rights for all users
Hello all Is it possible to set a blanket policy / setting to disallow all users from deleting anything within their own mailboxes?? Exchange is not that granular in its permissions. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BD07102-0C53-422D-B321-882F8D206C6D@microsoft.com... > Hello all > > Is it possible to set a blanket policy / setting to disallow all users > from > deleting anything within their own mailboxes?? ...

Decompile right click
Hello All pretty simple question for you all. just upgraded to office 2007, but now my access files dont have the right click compact or decompile. how do i set this up again? -- As always, any and all help appreciated! :) That was never a part of the program. It was an something added. Have a look here: http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0039.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "DawnTreader" <DawnTreader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60EDFCAD-1FE0-4EE9-A7C1...

HELP! No One has system admin rights
Can anyone help. One of our CRM users has managed to remove the system admin role from the domain administrator account!! We're only using the MSDN licences and none of the other users have system admin roles, their all either marketing staff of sales staff. Any help would be great thanks in advance. well john if ur domain administrator is the account with which u installed CRM then what u can do is log on crm machine with system admin and go to deployment manager and create another temporary user with the system administrator role and then use it to provide the system adminitrator ri...

Preventing an application exit from the task bar's right click Close menu
Hello gentlemen, I am developping an application that uses the system tray (I want it to behave like MSN Messenger) That being said, I am almost there. There is one issue I could not solve and it is how to distinguish and prevent my application to quit when the user right-clicks on the application's entry on the task bar and selects close when the UI is visible. I want the application to only minimize when this action is performed. I was able to prevent this in a way but it is not the proper way I beleive because when I try to kill the application from the Task Manager, the &quo...

KB309801 is not quite right
Hi, The "resolution" section is too terse/inflexible. This way it'll become more helpful: #if defined(_AFXDLL) && (_MFC_VER >= 0x0700) #include <atlstr.h> template class __declspec(dllimport) CStringT<TCHAR, StrTraitMFC<TCHAR, ChTraitsCRT<TCHAR> > >; template class __declspec(dllimport) CSimpleStringT<TCHAR>; #endif Please notice: _AFXDLL, #include Regards, Troels ...

Perplexing question
I have been using Money in one form or another from 2000. I now am running 2006. I have a slightly different question from the standard Archive question... I dont want to keep the transactions from prior years. Say every transaction before 1/1/2006 I would like to delete. And then I would like to delete all the empty and ancient accounts that have been canceld or, as in the asset case like a House, sold. I am trying to not loose all the account information. I do not want to have to reenter all the addresses, passwords, and the good transaction data from 2006 forward. I...

Special right is required?
Hi, I just did some customizations in CRM 4.0 I added a menu (with the ISV) in Outlook and the webclient where a simple user-view is shown. So all users can easily get phonenumbers of their coworkers. My problem is, that not everybody sees the menu - and I guess it has to do with insufficient rights. As I don't want to give too much rights to normal workers, but I want them to see the menu (I want extend that in the future) I added user-read rightts but that doesn't seem to be enough. What screw I have to tight to fix that ;-) If you have any idea - please discruibe the right on ...

Getting rid of excel message after quiting excel
L.S., Via Oracle I save an excel-file to a text (txt) file. In the Oracle-code I want to automatically close Excel, but the message: 'test.txt is not in Microsoft97-format. Do you want to save your changes? bla bla bla.' Is there a way this message can be skipped? The same for the message 'test.txt already exists. Overwrite file?'. Hope anyone can help me! Wilco Morren Hi Wilco Application.DisplayAlerts = False is the standard way, assuming you are talking Excel VBA code. Hope it translates to "Oracle code" one way or another. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Exce...

Sub-menus for Right Click add ins
I picked up the following code from this forum and it works just fine to add items to the right click menu (thanks, guys!): Public Sub RClick_Additem() Dim Ctrl As CommandBarControl Set Ctrl = Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add Ctrl.Caption = "Building" Ctrl.OnAction = "Coverage_Building" Set Ctrl = Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add Ctrl.Caption = "APS" Ctrl.OnAction = "Coverage_APS" Set Ctrl = Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add Ctrl.Caption = "Contents" Ctrl.OnAction = "Cov...