Java vs. C++ (Date class)

I'm porting some Java code into C++. Which class I should use instead Date
class? Note that Date support miliseconds.

Also, which class I should use instead of Vector class? std::vector?

0
my.fake (136)
6/30/2005 8:06:18 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Petar Popara" <my.fake@mail.net> wrote in message

> I'm porting some Java code into C++. Which class I should use instead Date
> class? Note that Date support miliseconds.

Oh dear. Both the Java and the C++ date classes do assorted odd things with
time zones and "daylight saving"; neither is documented fully or in plain
English that you can actually understand; whether they do the same odd
things as each other or not is therefore down to experiment, and you'll
probably have to experiment over a clock change, which means waiting until
the autumn ...

--
Tim Ward

tw2 (223)

JAVA Control Panel
With Java installed on your computer you have a link to the Java Control Panel at Start/Control Panel/Java. While uninstalling some older versions of Java I somehow removed this link. As a matter of fact I have no access to Java at all as there is also no shortcut on the start menu. I listed all the old versions of Java before they were uninstalled. I was able to get archived versions of the ones I uninstalled from Java.com. Even after reinstalling everything I had removed I still have no access to the application either through Windows Control Panel nor the Start Menu. Now is t...

Date Format In A Report
I am writng a report to show assessments due on a weekly basis. I created the report but in the Header of the Report where it will havve the assessment referencedate group together by the week it is showing up as a number to represent which week of the year it is. I want it to display the week as a Sunday date to show the beginning of the week rather than a number to display which week it is in the year. Can someone give me the correct formula to put in there to make it show this? Thanks Julie Julie Gilliam wrote: >I am writng a report to show assessments due on a weekl...

How to create multiple calendar date choices in a meeting request
Dear Experts, I need to create a calendar appointment that requires the participant to select from a list of available dates that the meeting will be offered. When the participant selects the desired date, that meeting wil be placed on his/her respective calendar, based on his/her choice. How can I create this, or is there a feature built in that will allow me to set this up? I do know some VBA. Thank you so much. Create calendar events/appointments for each of the events and attach them to an e-mail instructing the recipients to select one of the dates. -- Milly ...

Date Displays as 1/1/1904
When changing the date using 3/14/1998 format, I get 1/1/1904 displaye in the cell. The task bar appears as =3/1/2004. The date I'm tryin to enter is 3/1/2004. When I try to get rid of the = sign, it always returns. Any thoughts -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If the "=" sign is necessary, use this format: use the MONTH, DAY, and YEAR functions. For example... I use "=MONTH($AG7)&"/"&DAY($AG7)" for a formula in on of my spreadsheets. You're not getting the date that you want because you are basicall telling Excel to calcul...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

Sorting by Date (With a Twist)
A coworker gave me a list of data. One of the columns of this data was a date field formated custom in mm/dd/yyyy format. The problem was that when my coworker sorted the date field it was sorting by the day. No problem I thought, so I created a new column typed in =year(e2) which was the cell of the first date. To my suprise the data came back as 1905. The date in E2 was 5/16/2003. If I did =month(e2), I got January (in mmmm) format. What gives? -- B. Baumgartner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ B. Baumgartner's Profile: http://www.excelf...

flash & C++
I'm creating an application in VC++ (unmanaged) that acts as a container for playing flash (swf) files. I need pass XML data from the flash presentation, back to my container app. Any ideas on how i could do this? Please help!! Thank you. I have no idea how flash works and what different objects it exposes. I am assuming you are using COM to instantiate it. This is no more than simply passing the object back to your container as long as you are able to hook up to flash object. It all depends upon the object model of flash. --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com blue wrote: > I...

Date sent items are 2 years earlier to the system date
When I sent mail using Outlook 2000 on a Windows 2000 svpack 2, the sent date is 2002. The receiver also sees this date. The system date of my PC is correct, as is the system date of the server running Exchange server 5.5 Other users do not have this problem. Please help! ...

Email Sent Dates are incorrect
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi. <br><br>I just installed Entourage 2008. Everything seems to be working properly except that the 'Sent' dates for some people are way in the future. These people are using Lotus Notes for mail. Some of the Notes users' dates come in fine, it seems to be just a couple of people. The Sent dates come in as X/X/2018. <br><br>I use &quot;Sent&quot; as my sort for mail. I tried to use &quot;Received&quot; but since I am not constantly conn...

Java
If this is not the correct place to ask, please point to the right one. My wife has a Win XP SP3 computer and it tells her that she needs to up date her Java, when she tries it says that it is unable to complete the task. I can probably get the error message info if needed. Jerry Jerry wrote: > If this is not the correct place to ask, please point to the right > one. > My wife has a Win XP SP3 computer and it tells her that she needs > to up date her Java, when she tries it says that it is unable to > complete the task. I can probably get the error message i...

Calculating Week of date
Hello - I need to find a way to obtain the date of the week (assuming day 1 of the week is Monday), so I don't have to fill out the data manually. My table should look like this -- Date Week of 11/17/2008 11/17/2008 11/18/2008 11/17/2008 11/19/2008 11/17/2008 11/20/2008 11/17/2008 11/21/2008 11/17/2008 11/22/2008 11/17/2008 11/23/2008 11/17/2008 11/24/2008 11/24/2008 11/25/2008 11/24/2008 11/26/2008 11/24/2008 11/27/2008 11/24/2008 11/28/2008 11/24/2008 11/29/2008 11/24/2008 11/30/2008 11/24/2008 I will provide the date, but need a formula so it will calculate the corr...

VBA in Project Accounting vs. "regular" Great Plains
Hello: I created VBA code for the "regular" Employee Maintenance window and the Project Accounting Employee Maintenance window. And, I gave myself security access to the Project Accounting Employee Maintenance window. Now, I noticed that my code will only work if my security access is "there" for the Project Accounting Employee Maintenance window. Why is that? Is it because if you have the same VBA code for both windows in the VBA Editor that you have to have access to the Project Accounting window in order for the code to work? My code interacts with the Vac/Sic...

Examining dates
I have an Attendance table that has 1 entry for every time a person in late or absent. I have a query in design mode that takes the date of the occurrance and formats an interval week so I can do grouping much later down stream. My problem is that mgmt decided that all of our reporting should end (this year only) on 10/31/07. This is a wednesday and in the middle of the week of 0744. They want 11/01/07, 11/02, and 11/03 to be included with 0745. I tried the following: AttendWeek & Year: IIf([Attend-date]>'10/31/07'<'11/04/07','0745',[AttendWeek &am...

format a cell using today's date
Hello, My first post. I have a column of all the days in September, is ther a way I can use conditonal formationg so that on each day, today's dat will be highlighted? Any help is appreciated, thank you -- GREG31 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- GREG318's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2743 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46950 Hi, Greg. Welcome to the Forum!!! Highlight all of the cells you want to apply this condition to. Clic Format>Conditional Formatting. ...

OL 2000 vs XP question
Please pardon my ignorance... I have had numerous problems running Office XP (SP3) package. program hangups..."Not responding" messages...incredbly long load times (up to 10 minutes --no kidding--) for OL. What do I lose by reverting to my old, trusty Office 2000 software? Can I uninstall Office XP and put in the old version? Are the files compatible? Can I read Word XP files in Word 2000? short of that, is there any way to uninstall the service packs for office? Yes there should be no problems in going back to outlook 2000 Cheers "Bob Igel" <antimatter@despammed...

Java V/S C++
I find that people who are using Java technology are more comfortable than who are using C, C++, i mean you are not to learn concepts like COM, DLL, Exe We have some many concepts in C++ that if you compare C++ with Java, the easier one is Java, I am a hard core C++ guy Why is the learning curve so diffcult in VC comapred to Java? gopal wrote: > I find that people who are using Java technology are more comfortable > than who are using C, C++, i mean you are not to learn concepts like > COM, DLL, Exe > > We have some many concepts in C++ that if you compare C++ with Java, &g...

dates in formulas
I would like my spreadsheet to add a month to a cell based upon the value of the date in another cell. In other words, I would enter the date in A1 and be formatted as Oct-2009, and I would like to put a formula in A2 that would result in the display of Nov-2009. I've tried =A1+1 but that just won't get it as it still returns Oct -09. "Russ" <Rusty@alwaysathome.net> wrote: > I've tried =A1+1 but that just won't get it as it > still returns Oct -09. Because you added one __day__, not one month. Try one of the following: =date(year(A1),1+month(A1),da...

Personalized Toolbar in 2003 vs 2007
I have a personalized toolbar in 2003 excel version (which contains many tickmarks like PY, CY, etc.).......I have loaded the same in 2007 excel as well and it works fine.....But when you copy paste a worksheet from 2003 to 2007 with the tickmarks on them it disappears....does anyone has a clue abt it ...

Extender vs. Modifier
I am trying to determine which is a better option. Extender or Modifier. Essentially, I need to create about 50-75 user defined fields. I know for Modifer I will need to purchase the Advanced Version but not for Extender. What other pros and cons I should consider. Thanks nfp Based on the limited information provided. . . it looks like you may have answered you own question. Extender is very easy to use and no coding needed :) Do you need any 'processes' to run based on these new fields? "nfp" wrote: > I am trying to determine which is a better option. Exten...

Poll: Outlook 2003 BCM vs. ACT?
Would appreciate some opinions or experiences, good or bad, thanks... I'd like to upgrade to Outlook 2003 Pro, with Business Contact Manager. For contacts, I'm currently using ACT 2000 (ACT 5.0.4.495) but want to use Outlook BCM instead. My understanding is that you can import up to ACT version 5 (maybe not version 6). Has anyone tried this, with good or bad experience. Also, how simple (do I just point to the ACT database file?) and how thorough is the import, like how many of these data fields come into Outlook 2003 without problems. [yes] ACT CONTACT info like name, title, add...

Accounts vs. Contacts dilemma
I have a dilemma and need some advice. I am setting up a new CRM (on SBS 2003) implementation for a continuing education facility for dentists. Our current database is in Access...each dentists is a record. We don't current know if the address we have is their personal address our their practice (which might have other dentists and non-dentists that may be a prospect or a client). I'd like to use the contact record as the main way we look at and manage the clients. The account record will eventually evolve to being the practice info, but really ,we do business with the individ...

Outlook 2007: IMAP
In Outllook 2007, when connecting to an IMAP server, is there anyway to get "delete" to first copy the message to a specified folder (trash) and secondly mark the original message for deletion via the IMAP delete command. In other words, can the delete be made to work like "move to trash" like you find with POP? TIA 1001001100100 1001001100100 <ANonnyMoose@no-email.org> wrote: > In Outllook 2007, when connecting to an IMAP server, is there anyway > to get "delete" to first copy the message to a specified folder > (trash) and secondly mark the o...

SMTP Virtual Server vs. SMTP Connector?? which one should I use?
What is the main difference between SMTP virtual server and SMTP connector. I found a microsoft document that actually tells you to create a SMTP connector as the smtp gateway. I have always used the SMTP virtual server as the SMTP gateway in the past. What's the difference if I create and use a SMTP connector? I thought this is only for Routing Group purpose? I'm working with only one org/site/server. And should i disable smtp virtual server if I create a smtp connector as gateway?? thanks On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:40:02 -0700, dude <dude@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

IE6 vs Firefox
I've just been recovering from a bad HD. XP Pro with SP2 and all the downloads offered by Microsoft as it tries to catch up on this new HD. Here's an anomaly I can't get around. Spouse prefers IE6 (that came with the recovery disc) I have been using FF. The problem: she goes to a site to get a recipe. The main page of the site (Foodnetwork) opens with no problem but a search from within that page fails with the message that the site cannot be opened and the link below. http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?fnSearchString=lemon+curd+tart&fnSearchType=s...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...