IWebBrowser2 use too much memory

Hello,

I have a MFC application using IWebBrowser2 control, I find that the
application uses memory as much as 90MB, but when the application window is
minimized, the memory usage reduces to 2MB, could you tell me how to reduce
the memory usage for the IWebBrowser control? and how to make the
application run with stable memory usage?

Thanks a lot.

Charlie Hu

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> I have a MFC application using IWebBrowser2 control, I find that the
> application uses memory as much as 90MB, but when the application window is
> minimized, the memory usage reduces to 2MB, could you tell me how to reduce
> the memory usage for the IWebBrowser control? and how to make the
> application run with stable memory usage?

Disable any/all BHO's that you many have on your system. Each instance
of IWebBrowser loads these and that can take up more memory than you
would expect.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6842)
10/7/2006 6:52:56 PM
Hello, Ajay ,

Thank you for your quick response. Could you tell me how to prevent
IWebBrowser from loading or using BHO with C++ code in the application?

Best regards,

Charlie

>> I have a MFC application using IWebBrowser2 control, I find that the
>> application uses memory as much as 90MB, but when the application window
>> is
>> minimized, the memory usage reduces to 2MB, could you tell me how to
>> reduce
>> the memory usage for the IWebBrowser control? and how to make the
>> application run with stable memory usage?
>>

> Disable any/all BHO's that you many have on your system. Each instance
> of IWebBrowser loads these and that can take up more memory than you
> would expect.
>
> ---
> Ajay

VARIANT VT_BTSTR Do I need to free memory ?
I have something like that : VARIANT var; var.vt = VT_BSTR; var.bstrVal = ::SysAllocStringByteLen(...); ...... Do I need to call SysFree() to free memory after I finished using var ? Thanks in advance, Kamil Use VariantClear. Better yet, use one of many variant classes that come with VC++ libraries (COleVariant). Then it's done automatically. "kamil" <kamildobk@xxxpoczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:%23I7De%23UhGHA.3572@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have something like that : > VARIANT var; > var.vt = VT_BSTR; > var.bstrVal = ::SysAllocStringByteLen(...)...

How to use If Then
I have a form field dropdown box that has two options. I need to put an If statement after it that should read something like "If Box=Applies "more text" else blank." So the following text will either appear or remain blank. I can't figure out how to reference a field form entry in the If function or if this is even possible. Please help. Hi That70sHeidi, Your IF field's construction should be: {IF{REF Dropdown1}= "Applies" "Additional text"} To get the correct 'name' to use for 'Dropdown1', right-click on the for...

responding to emails using windows.
Not able to respone to windows emails. All other emails I can receive/send. I have Vista, Firefox, Comcast. Error message Socket Erro 11001 Error Number: 0x800CCCOD Hoping you can help. Thanks. Your explanation of your problem is confusing, at best. First, post back with the entire error message. Then explain step-by-step what you are trying to do in Windows Mail. Windows Mail comes on Vista, so you got that right. Firefox is not involved in making Windows Mail work. If Comcast is your email provider and you want that to work with the email client (Windows Mail), yo...

ordering history for group of frequently used pamphlets
Novice user here, could really use some help on how to create a subform that would display the ordering history (say, date ordered and quantity, going back months) for each individual in a group of pamphlets already in a database. Any help would be greatly appreciated On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:57:02 -0800, dtalero <dtalero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Novice user here, could really use some help on how to create a subform that >would display the ordering history (say, date ordered and quantity, going >back months) for each individual in a group of pamphlets a...

Use Your Brain
All, Here is an example of what extreme boredom can do to a person. Excel 2002 / Window XP :D Have fun. Attachment filename: use your brain.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=386422 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Ken, Very cute. You must have a lot of free time on your hands. John "Pyball" <Pyball.ynt5z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Pyball.ynt5z@excelforum-nospam.com... > All, > > Here is an example of what extreme boredom can do to a person. > > Excel 2002 ...

Using NAS
I would like to retain my all mail account (including POP server based accounnts) on a NAS drive so that any and all computers on the network can access the files as well download new messages. If this is possible, please let me know how to set that up. Regards It's not possible the way you would like. WLM is not network compatible. All its data files must be on the local hard drive. If your mail service offers IMAP mail server access, that is the way to go. IMAP is designed for a single mail account to be shared by multiple PCs. The IMAP mail is managed at the mai...

Calculation using rolling 4 week amounts
Folks A colleague has developed a spreadsheet into which he inputs numbers over 4 weeks. These numbers are added together and divided by 4 to give an average amount. this average amount is used in a number of other calculations around the spreadsheet. Is it possible to write a formula which will automatically add the next week's amount, and drop off the previous 4th week? If not, any ideas what the best solution will be? He is currently changing everything manually. Eg weeks might be 31/10/05 07/11/05 14/11/05 21/11/05 how can he automatically drop off 31/10/05 and include...

Using custom entity on account in a mailmerge
During an email mailmerge in a campaingactivity I need a to use an attribute from a custom-entity which has a 1:N relationsship with account (account 1:N custom-entity). I dont think this is possible, right? If no, Is there any suggestions how to use the attribute in a mailmerge anyway.. Right now I add the attribute to the account entity with customcode to make it accessible during mailmerge, but then the issue is that mailmerge #2 will overwrite the attribute which will be a problem... Any suggestions will be apreciated! :-) Hi Thomas, You should create the mail merge template from the cu...

Problems using a custom control
my program immediately quits with no errors at all whenever I try adding a custom control to my dialog. I am starting out with a blank dialog MFC app and then using the "Using the Resource Editor" instructions located here: http://69.10.233.10/KB/miscctrl/High-speedCharting.aspx?fid=304082&fr=76#xx0xx If I remove the custom controll off of the dialog, the blank app works, however if I put the custom control on the dialog quits without even showing the window. I am using VS2008 thanks, Nick seems like I mistyped the class name, I used CChartCtrl instead of ChartCntr...

How do I use a wildcard in an if statement?
I want to use a conditional statement to see if a particular cell has a specific text within a cell. For example: I want to know if cell A1 contains the text "bag" even though it actually contains "Large BAG 3". I want this to work but it does not: if(A1="*bag*","yes","no") It should return "yes" since bag is within the cell. Please help. You could use: =IF(ISERROR((FIND("Bag",A1,1))),"no","yes") But keep in mind that FIND is case sensitive. You could also use: =IF(ISERROR((SEARCH("*Bag*&qu...

"Urgent" use script to share the workbook
Hi all, I have this case I put the excel file .xls in the server, and use some vba script to protect the workbook and add some validation too, now when the user open this .xls, it copy the workbook to the user local harddisk c:\program file\.....somewhere so when the user save the xls, it only save to its harddisk, not the server one Any professional can tell me what should I do ? It is a urgent case for me >_< Thanks very much Hey man, Consider this. If users did save back to the server (if it let them), it'd overwrite changes made by other users who saved earlier. Have ...

IWebBrowser2 navigate
Could someone tell me how to call the IWebBrowser2 Navigate function such that it DOES NOT use the cache to load the URL? I'm having trouble forming those variant params. You can force the WebBrowser control and WebBrowser application to redownload a page by using the IWebBrowser2::Refresh or IWebBrowser2::Refresh2 method to ensure that you are viewing the most current version of the page. Also, you can disable the cache from being used by specifying the navNoReadFromCache and navNoWriteToCache flags when calling the IWebBrowser2::Navigate or IWebBrowser2::Navigate2 method. -- Command ...

Using Outlook calendar in Excell
My company awards expenses based on time of check in at the hotel. (ie breakfast given for check in between 0600 - 0859). How can I use my appointments schedule in Excel to calculate my expenses for me? Baaloo, I have some code somewhere that imports a full Outlook calendar into Excel. This may give you a start if you want it. -- HTH RP "Baalloo" <Baalloo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03109880-8BEF-41F4-8C50-81E14FB5FF23@microsoft.com... > My company awards expenses based on time of check in at the hotel. (ie > breakfast given for check in bet...

Using a variable to refer to a control in VBA
Good Afternoon, I was wondering if any one can tell me how to fix the 3rd line to work like the 2nd one does. The 2nd one works fine but one the 3rd one they system throws an error. thanks! Dale Dim intloop as integer intloop=8 Forms![frmDate]![frmsubMonth].Form![subForm8].visible = False Forms![frmDate]![frmsubMonth].Form!("subFrom" & intloop & "").visible = False Dale K wrote: >Good Afternoon, > >I was wondering if any one can tell me how to fix the 3rd line to work like >the 2nd one does. The 2nd one works fine but one ...

using the cells property for use with Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum
Has anyone had any success with using the Cells Propery when using the Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum function? My code is below: Sub AddDataMorningMil(mon As String, Day As String, yr As String, intDOW As Integer) 'DOW = Day of Week Dim x As Integer, row As Integer, colStart As Integer, colEnd As Integer, varSum As Variant ' -- Friday column & starting row colEnd = 6 row = 15 ' -- Get the start column & row Select Case intDOW Case 2 'Monday colStart = 2 Case 3 'TuesDay colStart = 3 ...

using macros to autofilter using CURRENT date
What is the macro I need for autofiltering using the current date? I want the macro to update every day and know the date. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ || What is the macro I need for autofiltering using the current date? || I want the macro to update every day and know the date. || || || --- || Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ typing =now() will enter the current date into a cell. so you could have a cell containing this function and a autofilter referencing this cell, assuming the dates are stored in col A Worksheets("sheet1").Range("...

Using XmlDocument.Save removes previous formatting of the file
Hi all, I have a nicely formatted .xml file that loses that nice formatting when I edit it and use XmlDocument.Save to save the file. Does anyone know of any way to keep the formatting I had when I opened the file? Thanks! Aaron Sellers Hi Aaron, The XmlDocument.PreserveWhitespace property is what you need. Set it to True before Loading the XML document, and all whitespace is preserved. Set it to True before Saving, and your whitespace will be preserved. BTW, "XmlDocument.Save" auto-indents the output which you save. HTH, Regards, Cerebrus. Thanks so much, Cerebrus...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

What formula to use?
I have a list of teams in column B. In a tab called Division I have 6 division names with the teams listed in their respective division. I want column C to enter the appropriate division name for the division the team is in. For example, I want column C to be labelled as AL EAST when column B has BOS in it. How do I do this? Thank you. =INDEX(Division!A:A,MATCH(B1,Division!B:B,0)) etc. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jambruins" <Jambruins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3100394C-BF57-470D-A218-BCA9C85D8D54@mi...

Use security pack
--bxyqgmrjygldw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mmhdpdiu"; type="multipart/alternative" --mmhdpdiu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zjouwiminzlcixbfc" --zjouwiminzlcixbfc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the...

printing labels - using Avery # - not lining up
Using Word 2007 - running windows XP - labels are not lining up - is there some adjustment/calibration to do somewhere to get the labels to print correctly? 1. You have added a header/footer to normal.dotm (rename normal.dotm) 2. The page size set in the printer properties doesn't match the page size of the label sheet. 3. You have a scaling option set in the zoom section of the print dialog 4. Your printer has poor paper handling. Some printers will slip when faced with label stock and thus are incapable of feeding the label correctly. Cleaning the rollers in the print path...

Question about how VB6 uses dependincy files
I seem to remember a discussion here about putting ocx and other files in the program folder instead of in the system folder and that the vb program would find them there. I was not able to find what I was looking for so thought that I would ask the experts here, to go over it again. I tried this once and it did not work and I moved the dependent files to the system folder, but I may have been trying to do it wrong. :-) Not unusual for me. 1) For instance if I put the sqlite dll in the program folder will the vb program look for it there first? If so will it load it for db use a...

High CPU on GC servers when using Recipient Policies
Hi, I have a high cpu usage by lsass.exe on Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 when using Recipient policies I found a patch for this (KB892298) but this only applies to Exchange pre sp1 installs. Although i opened a call already with MS (advised to upgrade to SP2), I would like to know if some other users encounter a similar problem with SP1 or SP2. (our current number of objects is about 2500, with one main policy and another applied for a subset of users based on company field) Thanks in advance Bruno On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 07:14:27 -0800, "Bruno" <Bruno@discussions.microsoft.c...

problem using self built DLL
I made an MFC extension DLL, but I couldn't get it working on the client application. Can somebody please tell me what I did wrong in the procedure: 1. I started an MFC extension DLL project called "MyDll". I added a class called "MyClass" and added the keyword AFX_EXT_CLASS in the class declaration in the header file. 2. I built the project and copied the files "MyDll.dll" and "MyDll.lib" to the client project folder. 3. In the client project settings, I added the file MyDll.lib in the linker - input section. 4. I made a MyDll.h file with the li...