IVR using VC++ 6.0

I need to research IVR (interactive voice response) systems in MS VC++
6.0 for my internship with HCL group.
I've got myself acquainted to VC++ 6.0 MFC, Intel Dialogic Media
Boards, and the basics of software used for management and switching of
calls in a PBX system.
I need some tutorials or some guidance on building IVR in VC++ 6.0

vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This probably isn't the right forum. The problem is less with VC++ and more with things
like how to handle speech-to-text transformations, semantic analysis of the input,
modeling state machines driving the decision process, etc.  Those are all highly
specialized topics.  MFC doesn't change any of the fundamental problems.  Your biggest
problems will be connecting up to the libraries that deliver you the "recognized" speech,
and those questions depend on how the libraries have been written.  You would have to
consult the documentation on Dialogic, for example, to see what they do (I worked with
Dialogic boards years ago, but we were doing speech output, and the interfaces were quite
simple).

I found some IVR posts in microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi, using the google search
string
IVR MFC -R2 -resume -tor.jobs -iwan -.jobs. -comp.jobs

(the - options drop out most people searching for IVR-related work, and a fellow whose
email address is ivr@ somehwere, as well as references to the MFC-R2 standard, whatever
that is, something to do with international telephony)
			joe
On 17 Sep 2005 04:50:50 -0700, "dividby0" <mithhilarora@gmail.com> wrote:

>I need to research IVR (interactive voice response) systems in MS VC++
>6.0 for my internship with HCL group.
>I've got myself acquainted to VC++ 6.0 MFC, Intel Dialogic Media
>Boards, and the basics of software used for management and switching of
>calls in a PBX system.
>I need some tutorials or some guidance on building IVR in VC++ 6.0
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15974)
9/17/2005 5:37:16 PM
take a look at ms speach server sdk - sasdk

http://www.microsoft.com/speech/default.mspx

while this is aimed 1 step further, it includes DTMF functionality and
integrates the whole kit and kaboodle.

IIRC, you need .net 2003 for this, but the gains are huge & well worth a
look.

"dividby0" <mithhilarora@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to research IVR (interactive voice response) systems in MS VC++
> 6.0 for my internship with HCL group.
> I've got myself acquainted to VC++ 6.0 MFC, Intel Dialogic Media
> Boards, and the basics of software used for management and switching of
> calls in a PBX system.
> I need some tutorials or some guidance on building IVR in VC++ 6.0

0
me8291 (67)
9/18/2005 12:39:07 PM
You can use the following link to more about IVR system and try to adapt the
same for your work with Dialogic board
http://www.voiceguide.com/ .

 For any kind of FAQ regarding dialogic
http://membersresource.intel.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/webboardnet/wb.aspx?board=General&board=General

"Mercury" <me@spam.com> wrote in message
> take a look at ms speach server sdk - sasdk
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/speech/default.mspx
>
> while this is aimed 1 step further, it includes DTMF functionality and
> integrates the whole kit and kaboodle.
>
> IIRC, you need .net 2003 for this, but the gains are huge & well worth a
> look.
>

> "dividby0" <mithhilarora@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I need to research IVR (interactive voice response) systems in MS VC++
> > 6.0 for my internship with HCL group.
> > I've got myself acquainted to VC++ 6.0 MFC, Intel Dialogic Media
> > Boards, and the basics of software used for management and switching of
> > calls in a PBX system.
> > I need some tutorials or some guidance on building IVR in VC++ 6.0

0
jibesh.vp (92)

List View Grouping in MFC 9.0
Dear Friends, I want to split List control into groups at run time similiar to Windows VISTA MY Computer view. i.e. 1) I can expand and collapse the items at run time ? 2) Header of groups should be in user defined color etc. Any help is highly appreciated. I am developing the MFC application in Visual Studio 2008 + feature pack 1. You may want to look at some of these controls. The Outlook bar control might work for you, or perhaps a tree control and list control in a splitter window: http://www.codejock.com/downloads/samples/controls.asp#controls_vistataskdialog Tom <Smadhuka...

Chart update using VBA
I have some code that set the range for two series charts on one worksheet. The charts are embedded on a worksheet, and the ranges xV, xX and xT are set within the code and are valid references pointing to the data required. My problem is I get 'Unable to set the values property of the series class' error when setting SeriesCollection(2), collection(1) works OK, I have tried setting SeriesCollection(2) to the range xV which I know works for SeriesCollection(1), so nothing wrong with the range. SeriesCollection(2) does exist in the chart and if I set the chart data range manuall...

Excel 2000 Step By Step. What URL to use in Lesson 8?
p 151 tells us to enter a url for importing data from web. But which URL? I'm connected to web and have installed cd to my pc. I found the correct errata in mspress for this book but it doesn't list the missing url as an error. thanks I suspect that as the data was for xl2000 that the url is no longer available. "dougcsdp" wrote: > p 151 tells us to enter a url for importing data from web. But which URL? > I'm connected to web and have installed cd to my pc. > I found the correct errata in mspress for this book but it doesn't list the > missing...

Can CRM 3.0 be used as a document library?
Subject title is pretty self explanatory, we want to use CRM also as a document repository / library is this suitable? we can create articles etc but any suggestions? Yes, you can do this! -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President The Norwich Group http://www.thenorwichgroup.com http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com "seand" <seand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DECA624-1DDE-41B0-8AB7-F87E72E9D00A@microsoft.com... > Subject title is pretty self explanatory, we want to use CRM also as a > document repository / library is this suitable? we can create...

How to extract and use data?
I do excel sheet for gallery with listing of artwork and prices. Is there a way to pull off the data for title, artist, medium, and price to create cards to print out for posting on wall by the paintings? I have MS Office Professional Edition 2003. I may be in the wrong newsgroup now but I appreciate any direction. Thanks, Susan Hi Susan you may provide some more details :-) - some example data of your current entries (plain text - no attachments please) - based on these examples the desired splitting - some information (rules) how to identify the different sub strings -- Regard...

Use of Dialog
Hi all, I'm curious about use of excel dialog. What is for? and how to use it and what other benefits or advantages in using for common financial worksheet? Thank you. :) -- markuss ------------------------------------------------------------------------ markuss's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34966 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553085 Dialogs can make things easier for you and your end user. They can be used to pre-validate entered information, apply business rules to it before placing it onto a w...

Using HTML template in 2007/Vista
Not sure if this is the right sub-forum or not.... I'm able to install an HTML page as a template using Office 2007 on an XP machine, but the same process does not work on Vista machines. The template is saved to the proper location but the problem is that when Outlook opens the form, it opens as Plain Text rather than HTML. I haven't been successful finding any solutions googling the problem - anyone here know of a fix? -- rpw ...

CRM 3.0 fails on Outlook 2003 after installing Office Update
I have a workstation that is running Office 2003 Professional with the CRM Outlook Laptop client. Outlook and the CRM client were working fine until an update was installed for office. Now I get this error when Outlook is started: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if error persists. We have tried the following different thing to no avail. Reinstall CRM client. Uninstall CRM client, repair Office, install CRM client. Uninstall CRM client, uninstall Office, install Office, install CRM client. ...

Filter on report no longer works as it used to
I have a fairly complex report that I previously had been able to filter as I wanted. For example in layout view I could click on the customer heading then click filter in the home tab and it would give me a dropdown list of all customers that show up with check boxes next to them, I could uncheck all then check just the ones I wanted displayed. We'll I've went in and changed some formulas and controls (nothing changed with customer name) and now every time I click filter in the home tab it just gives me the right mouse menu over the customer heading, for example equals...

Using internet explorer.
I have a problem setting up web pages for ofline reading. Can you helpp me? On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, "+" <ilovecanines@softhome.net> wrote: >I have a problem setting up web pages for ofline reading. Can you helpp me? You need to find a group for Internet Explorer This **.access.** group is for the Microsoft Access database ...

Doing a VLOOKUP (probably using the INDEX and MATCH function), with both vertical and horizontal values in play.
I am trying to create a function that will pull in data from a 2nd spreadsheet. Typically, I use the index and match function to do so. However, in this case, I am trying to do a lookup based on a value above (i.e., horizontal) and a value to the right (i.e., vertical) of the cell in which the formula will be placed. Additionally, the sheet from which I am pulling is similarly laid out. To Provide an example. Lookup Table Months (horizontal) Jan Feb Mar Apr Etc Names(vertical) Jeff Eric 5 Steve ...

Total Minutes Worked Within IVR Timing
Hi, I need to figure out how many total minutes employee worked during the IVR Timing. Each employee works different shift and it can run overnight into next morning where there may be IVR coverage before employee logs out. IVR Timing is same for Saturday/Sunday and same from Monday to Friday. IVR Timing Table; data type is Date/Time but only Time is available because date should be same as the schedule date DayIs IVRStart IVRStop Sunday 10:00:00 AM 6:00:00 PM Monday 9:00:00 AM 9:00:00 PM Tuesday 9:00:00 AM 9:00:00 PM Wednesday 9:00:00 AM 9:00:00 PM Thursday 9:00:00 AM ...

Uable to use Safe Mode w/Networking
I have the Antivirus Soft virus (?) and I am trying to get rid of it. In order to do so, I have to get into Safe Mode w/Networking. When I try doing that, I keep getting a blue screen error: "...windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer..." What is my problem? Thanks! britina10 wrote: > I have the Antivirus Soft virus (?) and I am trying to get rid of > it. > > In order to do so, I have to get into Safe Mode w/Networking. When > I try doing that, I keep getting a blue screen error: "...windows > has been shut down to preven...

Creating a New worksheet using subtotals
I have to provide some summary totals of information to track trends by time-of-day and day-of-week. I use the subtotal function to provide me with the data, but instead of "entering the data manually to a new worksheet" I would like to filter out all of the information except the subtotals further evaluate. Is there a way to filter out all the other data leaving only the subtotals? Thanks After you've done your Data|subtotals, you could collapse that range (use the outlining symbols at the left) and then select those cells. Then hit F5 (or Edit|Goto), click special se...

Multiple conditions using greater than or less than.
I am trying to create a formula to help me with the below scenerio. I need to calculate how many days of PTO time someone would get based on years of service. the years of service cell is less than 2, the employee gets 11 days of pto if the years of service =2 or anything up to 3, the employee gets 16 days of pto if the years of service is =3 or anything up to 4, the employee gets 17 days of pto if the years of service is =4 or anthing up to 5, the employee gets 18 days of pto if the years of service is from 5-19 years, the employee gets 22 days of pto I think you can see...

Have server reply using a specific message
I am trying to have the exchange server 2003 auto reply when an email arrives address to a test address. the rule setup fine but when I send a email that will fix the rule the auto reply is not sent. Why? I found this KB http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292906 but it does not have a workaround. please email if you have a solution skuechle@wsbeng.com Was this an auto reply to the internet or within your organisation as Auto reply to the internet are disabled by default on the Exchange box. "steve k" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b75...

Sharing Entity Views in 4.0
This was so straight forward in 3.0. You would go to the View select Actions --> Sharing. Does anyone know how to do this in 4.0? Maybe I am just missing something. Also, I am not talking about sharing views through Advanced Find but rather the standard entity views. Thanks for the help! ...

To ignore scrolling CListCtrl using mouse.
I want to ignore mouse control on a scroll bar of CListCtrl. I ignored WM_VSCROLL, WM_MOUSEMOVE, and WM_MOUSEWHEEL messages on PreTranslateMessage of CListCtrl derived class. But it still works. How to ignore scrolling? I don't want to remove the scroll bar. ...

What is the object of embedding, what is it used for?
I use excel often, but am only self taught, a work coluige embedded a excel file by accedent but we think thne use could for us usable, what is the pourpus of embedding and what is its use? Gordon I assume the excel file is embedded in another program e.g. Word? Have a look here it may help to explain: http://wordprocessing.about.com/od/workingwithotherprograms/l/blexcellink.htm "Gordon" wrote: > I use excel often, but am only self taught, a work coluige embedded a excel > file by accedent but we think thne use could for us usable, what is the > pourpus of embedding a...

Error Importing reports into CRM 4.0
Hi NG, we are using the the VPC-Image. It is not possible to import in VS-Studio created reports into the CRM system. The following error occures: "An error has occurred.Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community...". That doesn't help that much. Does anyone know this problem and a possible solution? Is there a way to collect more information about the error? Thx in advance. Regards Michael ...

Use countif to count unique values?
Hello, is there a way to count unique values in a list of values. Specifically, I have many 200 rows with specific dates. 1/1/2007, 3/12/2007, etc. and I want to count the unique instances of dates. Any help appreciated Thanks bmac Add a helper column with this in it. B1: =countif($A$1:$A1:A1) Copy down. Let's assume you copy to B100. In B102, put this: =countif(B1:B100,1) It's not elegant, but I think it gets you what you want. "bam" wrote: > Hello, is there a way to count unique values in a list of values. > Specifically, I have many 200 rows with s...

why use std:: ?
I always thought using standards template library was for compatibility with other OS'es.. But I see alot of MFC coders use <vector> and why are they not using MFC collections? Lisa Pearlson wrote: > I always thought using standards template library was for compatibility with > other OS'es.. > But I see alot of MFC coders use <vector> and why are they not using MFC > collections? > > That is like saying that using C++ is for compatibility with other OS'es. After all, the STL is a part of the C++ language. When you are as old as I you will kno...

Formula using work days
I am trying to set up a formula in excel based on an issue priority ranking of emergency, high, medium and low. If an issue is of emergency priority, I want excel to add 2 workdays to the issues start date (which has already been defined in another cell). If the issue is of high priority, add 1 work week and if it is of medium or low priority; add 2 work weeks. Any thoughts? Make sure ATP is installed =IF(Other_cell="","",IF(Other_cell="High",WORKDAY(Cell_with_date,2,Holidays),IF(Other_cell="Medium",WORKDAY(Cell_with_date,7,Holidays),WORKDAY(Cell_...

Exchange 2003 SMTP using all my Internet bandwidth
Hi there, Our company upgraded Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 recently, it's a single exchange server with 50 users, a real small shop. When we do a monthly email broadcast (about 3000 email addresses a batch x 8 batches x 1 MB message), we found the exchange server was using our full internet bandwidth and all other client cannot even browse the internet. But this did not happen in Exchange 5.5 environment. Are there some differences between Exchange 2003 SMTP and Exchange 5.5 IMC? I'm sure there are, but how to prevent exchange 2003 occupy all the bandwidth? Thanks for your ...

Help using indirect addressing in chart series
Hi, I have named a single cell "DataCount" and a complete column "DataRange". In DataCount i have the count(DataRange) function. I would like to use DataCount when specifying the series range in a chart. ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "='System 4'!R2C13:R35C13" In this example I need to substitute R35 with DataCount. What is the correct syntax? Thanks in advance, val = range("DataCount").Value ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Values = "='System 4'!R2C13:R" & val & "C13" "G...