Is there XML support in VS.Net 2005?

For those of you beta testing VS.Net 2005, have they added any XML classes
to MFC?

Have there been any other "big" enhancements to MFC?

Yeah, yeah... some people say MFC is dead, but it is still *THE*
easiest/best way to develop a real world desktop application.

0
nobody8050 (131)
2/27/2005 4:04:17 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I dont exactly know what enhancements would be there in MFC regarding XML
but I wouldnt be surprised if this is not addressed. XML support is far
better in .Net than MFC and you can use .Net with MFC as well. Although it
may not be something you like because you will create .Net run time
dependency.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Nobody" <nobody@cox.net> wrote in message
> For those of you beta testing VS.Net 2005, have they added any XML classes
> to MFC?
>
> Have there been any other "big" enhancements to MFC?
>
> Yeah, yeah... some people say MFC is dead, but it is still *THE*
> easiest/best way to develop a real world desktop application.

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/27/2005 2:00:48 PM
I was thinking some wrapper classes, or maybe adding the ability to
serialize a document to XML.

>I dont exactly know what enhancements would be there in MFC regarding XML
> but I wouldnt be surprised if this is not addressed. XML support is far
> better in .Net than MFC and you can use .Net with MFC as well. Although it
> may not be something you like because you will create .Net run time
> dependency.
>
> --
> Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> ajaykalra@yahoo.com
>

> "Nobody" <nobody@cox.net> wrote in message
>> For those of you beta testing VS.Net 2005, have they added any XML
>> classes
>> to MFC?
>>
>> Have there been any other "big" enhancements to MFC?
>>
>> Yeah, yeah... some people say MFC is dead, but it is still *THE*
>> easiest/best way to develop a real world desktop application.

0
nobody8050 (131)
2/27/2005 7:14:42 PM
there is already a Well Documented Iterfaces for XML handlling and parsing
 LOOK for IXmlDOMDocument2......

--

With Regards
Alok Gupta

                           "I think this will Help"
> I was thinking some wrapper classes, or maybe adding the ability to
> serialize a document to XML.
>
> "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >I dont exactly know what enhancements would be there in MFC regarding XML
> > but I wouldnt be surprised if this is not addressed. XML support is far
> > better in .Net than MFC and you can use .Net with MFC as well. Although
it
> > may not be something you like because you will create .Net run time
> > dependency.
> >
> > --
> > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
> > ajaykalra@yahoo.com
> >

> > "Nobody" <nobody@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> For those of you beta testing VS.Net 2005, have they added any XML
> >> classes
> >> to MFC?
> >>
> >> Have there been any other "big" enhancements to MFC?
> >>
> >> Yeah, yeah... some people say MFC is dead, but it is still *THE*
> >> easiest/best way to develop a real world desktop application.

0
thatsalok1 (226)

XML Header

Read XHTML into XML

How to invoke the xml editor?

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool
NewsMaestro 3.7.5 has been released. It includes support for Windows/Linux/Unix. All the class files are provided. Linux version has been verified with Sun's JVM. On Windows, it runs under both Microsoft and Sun JVM. News Maestro is a power tool for usenet that automatically performs any standard Usenet operation, as specified in various RFSs, individually, or in bulk, on any number of groups and articles, utilizing sophisticated filters to select the articles to be processed from/to archives. New features and bug fixes: Source code is included. Version 3.7.5 * Fixed a bug introduced ...

Non-Unicode strings in VB.NET?
I've been reading the MSDN documentation on the System.Char and System.String types and they mention Unicode throughout without even mentioning non-Unicode versions. How do I get a gool 'ol one-byte char and non-Unicode string in .NET? Thanks, Alain > I've been reading the MSDN documentation on the System.Char and > System.String types and they mention Unicode throughout without even > mentioning non-Unicode versions. How do I get a gool 'ol one-byte char and > non-Unicode string in .NET? You don't. You can get a byte array, but there ...

show XML schema and values

Repairing .NET Framework and Exchange
I use a 3rd party application to archive emails. This application has recently broke. The support team for the application have suggested repairing the .NET Framework. What implications does this have on Exchange? We are not using OMA or OWA. Is there anything I should be cautious about before or during this procedure. Here is a link to the KB article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830646#6 Thanks in advance for any ideas. ...

Offline synch using XML web-services

Does MS CRM 3.0 support rss feeds? (Really Simple Syndication)
Does MS CRM 3.0 support rss feeds? If so how do you configure CRM for it? TIA Eric Microsoft has published a RSS connector for CRM that can be downloaded here: http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/2/1/32163234-b67e-491b-ae5a-8717f649baaa/CrmRssFeed.exe--Matt ParksMVP - Microsoft CRM"Eric Rist" <EricRist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messagenews:2B601B4D-ACD3-497F-AFD9-391469D7297D@microsoft.com...Does MS CRM 3.0 support rss feeds?If so how do you configure CRM for it?TIAEric ...

SBS2003R2, SQL Wkgp 2005, Sharepoint MSDE,Cant create 2005 Instanc
We have an SBS 2003 SP2 server that had the SharePoint with MSDE (Ver 80). We installed the SQL Server 2005 Workgroup Edition from SBS Premium 2 DVD. Throughout the installation we were not prompted for authentication method or collation sequence however SQL installed without problem and we then installed Sp2 & SP3. We then created some empty databases but later realised they were created under the MSDE instance but we want them installed under SQL 2005 work-group which we installed. The databases are empty so we are happy to recreate them if need be. We tried uninstallin...

String to xml document

Default support for Harvard referencing in footnotes in Word
The Harvard referencing style is widely used in academia and in more simple versions also used in business. It could be the default option for footnotes (or end notes) instead of the more complex options (e.g. defaulting to roman numberals) available. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click...

Beginner of XML

New essay: Projects that build under VS.NET 2003/2005
It finally happened. Someone needs a project that builds under VS.NET 2005 (they want the ease of the 64-bit integration) and VS.NET 2003 (for all their old 32-bit developers). I wrangled with the problems for a bit, and came up with a kludge that actually works (clumsy though it is, alas). But to save anyone else the time taken to figure it out, the results of my experiment are documented on http://www.flounder.com/vs2325.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Valid xml to read from an xml file?
I'm using vb.net, i get an error at the reader line saying the remote server can't be found. Is the below even valid? dim reader as XmlTextReader reader = new XmlTextReader ("http://www.mysite.com/my.xml") do while (reader.Read()) 'do some action here response.write(reader) loop thanx chumley XmlTextReader uses System.Net.WebRequest under the covers -- see if you can figure out how to create a connection that way. Usually there's some proxy server information missing that you can enable if you use WebRequest directly, and then pass the result of GetResponse()...

Example eConnect XML documents
MSDN says the following: Installing eConnect schema When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer. The following schema resources are available: The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for each eConnect XML document. The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typicall...

MS AntiSpyware Vs Exchange
Has anyone got any experience of running the MS Antispyware on the same box as Exchange (5.5 or 2003). I've been seeing some funnies of over the past coupel of weeks with the IMC hanging up on a 2000 server running Ex 5.5 which ash the Antispyware software installed. The hangs seem to have started when the Antispyware was installed. Just trying to rule out or in some possibilities. Andy On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:37:28 +0100, "Andy Cobley" <acobley@computing.dundee.ac.uk> wrote: >Has anyone got any experience of running the MS Antispyware on the same box >as...

ctrl+shift+enter vs enter
what is the difference btw confirming with enter and ctrl+shift+enter -- tkapla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tkaplan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2298 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37455 The difference is that for a normal formula you use Enter, However there is a special kind of formula called an Array formula which can only be entered using Ctrl+Shit+Enter. When doing so it will enter special curly brackets to indicate it is an Array formula -- _________...

Data vs. forms & Unload/reload questions
A .mdb file seems to encompass both the database and all the 'code' (forms, modules, and logic) used to CRUD the data in the tables. 1) Is there any way to separate the database from the code into separate files, eg. the db is mydata.mdb and the 'code is in a separate file, eg. code.mdb? 2) Say you have v1.0 of an app and the tables and attributes are populated with data. You then go and build v2.0 of the app, adding tables and columns to what already existed in v1.0, and perhaps moving some of the v1.0 attributes into different tables. What is the recommended way to unload/reloa...

Cached Mode vs. Roaming Profiles
I am using roaming profiles on the network which I would like to keep. I have also changed the Sales staff over from PCs to laptops and I want to use Outlook 2003 in Cached Mode. My problem that when any of the Sales people log onto computers other than their laptops Outlook builds them an OST file on that computer. It would be very rare for someone with a laptop to have someone else log onto their laptop so I would like to force some setting or Group Policy that forces Outlook not to use Cached Mode on just that computer, but not affect the users setting on other computers. Is ther...

Trial downloads of 2005
Does anyone know if and when a trial download for the international version of 2005 will be made available on the Microsoft website? Nothing yet has been promised for this. Usually its a few weeks after the US trial. However, I haven't seen the UK trial yet either so we're all still waiting.... -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.c...

Saving DataSet as XML in ADO format using VB.NET
Hi, I am trying to convert a lot of web reports from ASP/VB to ASP.NET/VB.NET. I would like to save my dataset in XML and then use XSLT to transform the XML. The catch is I would like to have the XML in the format that ADO uses versus the default format in which ADO.NET uses. Currently, I am using ADO within .NET, but I am concerned about the performance and it might improve if I used the native data providers for .NET. I am not sure if I am missing something but how do I save the .NET DataSet to XML in the OLD ADO format? Thanks for you help in advance and it is most appreciated. In the ...

XML variable for description on receipt?
Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended descriptions) to display on the printed receipt under the main description. What is the variable to do that? Entry.Item.Description Entry.Item.ExtendedDescription Entry.Item.SubDescription1 Entry.Item.SubDescription2 Entry.Item.SubDescription3 R. "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4425EAC-62B6-46FE-826A-D8BA2AA75DBB@microsoft.com... > Hi, I would like to add a description (actually all of those 3 extended > descriptions) to display on the printed receipt un...

xml to SQL
Hey we have a project in which a company produces a XML page in reply to actions on it's site. I see that SQL 2000 works well with XML so Can someone point me in the right direction, I would like to take the XML from thier SQL and have it "post" to own sql server (add,create, data, modifity and delete data on the fly). I was looking at doing XML to HTML and then passing to some a ASP but if we can grab from the responsetext then we could save time and headaches. Now I really know next to nothing about XML but I am reading all the newsgroups and pulled now TONS of xml / sql stuff ...