Is there any way to Create a self-extracted file programmatically ?

Hi,guys!I need to create a self-extracted cabinet file with my app,but i
don't know how to achieve this.I found ms cabinet sdk,but it dosen't mention
the self-extracted cabinet.And i know IEpress can create a self-extracted
cabinet file,but i want to write my app as IExpress.
   Is there any way i can achieve this ? Thank you advance!

0
howen (8)
1/23/2006 6:05:20 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

There is a cabarc.exe for creating cabinet file along with platform sdk.

There is also a cabinet sdk available here:-
http://download.microsoft.com/download/platformsdk/cab/2.0/w98nt42kmexp/en-us/Cabsdk.exe

--
Vipin Aravind
Microsoft MVP

"howen" <howen@actions-semi.com> wrote in message
> Hi,guys!I need to create a self-extracted cabinet file with my app,but i
> don't know how to achieve this.I found ms cabinet sdk,but it dosen't
> mention
> the self-extracted cabinet.And i know IEpress can create a self-extracted
> cabinet file,but i want to write my app as IExpress.
>   Is there any way i can achieve this ? Thank you advance!

0
vipin (697)
1/23/2006 8:49:16 AM
Does the sdk you mentioned support *self-extracted* cabinet format ? I tried
it yet,but i don't konw how to use the sdk to create or extract the
*self-extracted* file.
"Vipin" <Vipin@nospam.com> д���ʼ�
> There is a cabarc.exe for creating cabinet file along with platform sdk.
>
> There is also a cabinet sdk available here:-

http://download.microsoft.com/download/platformsdk/cab/2.0/w98nt42kmexp/en-us/Cabsdk.exe

> --
> Vipin Aravind
> Microsoft MVP
>
> "howen" <howen@actions-semi.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,guys!I need to create a self-extracted cabinet file with my app,but i
> > don't know how to achieve this.I found ms cabinet sdk,but it dosen't
> > mention
> > the self-extracted cabinet.And i know IEpress can create a
self-extracted
> > cabinet file,but i want to write my app as IExpress.
> >   Is there any way i can achieve this ? Thank you advance!

0
howen (8)

Tool for creating diagrams of stored procedures
Hi, When you have a lot of stored procedures it seems like being able to produce a diagram showing the dependencies/relationships would be one of the best ways of documenting them. It would give an immediate overview of the code and make it much easier to understand. Ideally I think you could expand component diagrams to see individual DB objects (SPs and tables) which where part of a component. I am frustrated that Visio does not support this - you really want something that can be linked to the actual DB (reverse engineer whatever). Some tools that people have recommended are: ErStudio, ...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

'Recently used file' list.
When I open Excel nine filenames appear on the RHS as 'recently used files' (this number was set via Tools/Options/General, of course). In the middle of this list are 3 no-longer-used files. Though the files themselves have been deleted their names remain in this list. Is there an easy way to remove those entries from that list, please? TIA, DB. There is an entry in the help file "Display or hide recently used workbooks on the File menu" which says uncheck the 'recently used files' checkbox, the click OK. Then, basically, start again. "DB.&...

How to creat a CWin by a HWND?
I have the HWND with a call back function. But I have to creat a MFC CWin to make my codes acees some libs. So how to creat a Cwin by this HWND? Now I am using these lines but seems not correct: CWnd authorize_wnd; authorize_wnd.Attach(HWND hDlg ); Anything missed? Thanks!!!!!!!!!! Jainguo >I have the HWND with a call back function. But I have to creat a MFC CWin to >make my codes acees some libs. So how to creat a Cwin by this HWND? Now I am >using these lines but seems not correct: > >CWnd authorize_wnd; >authorize_wnd.Attach(HWND hDlg ); >Anything missed?...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

A way to create sub-categories?

Not able to create Role in BusinessPortal 3.0
Hi, I am working with BusinessPortal 3.0. When i tried to create role and click "Finish" button at the end of the create role wizard i am getting an empty dialog box . I dont know whats wrong. I am not able to create role. Can someone help? Mohan. Again, it's been a long time since I worked with Business Portal 3. This problem does sound familiar, though. If I recall correctly, I think we saw problems like this when the Administrator user didn't have a name specified. You'll want to open up the list of users in the Manage Business Portal Users page, and verify t...

Creating an a report from an indivual record in a table
Hi all, I've been searching for an answer to my question for a while and have got more and more confused as to the best way to approach it...I am a total novice I'm afraid... I have an Access 2003 database set up with one table with a unique ID for each person and numerous other fields. I have set up forms to collect data (about 6 in all). What I would like to do is to be able select a unque ID and pull almost all the fields in the table associated with it into a report. I would do this for each person when required. I presume I would have to set up a query first but h...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Create Number From Date
I'm importing large amounts of text into Access and I want to assign a "trace" number to each record. I'd like the trace number to start with the date but in just plain number format. Then I'd like the last part of the number to be automatically incremented. For example records imported on 11/28/07 would have an ID number like: 200711280701 200711280702 200711280703... How can I do this? Thanks for the help! On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 12:05:35 -0600, "John W" <jw2554@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'm importing large amounts of text into Access and I want...

replace phone text in several eml files how?
I have 400 eml files, those are some 200 floders with 2 email messages in each, basically a commercial response to answer repetitive emails quickly. The problem is I need to change the conact phone in those emails text, and doing one by one is a huge task. I couldn't find any way to search and replace that text in a quicker way. Is there any solution / workaround? Not that I know of. Maybe someone can come up with a script for this or have a better idea -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and ...

Word X text converter for WordPerfect (wpd) files
Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect (spd) files? In article <0b1e01c39a76$b3cad9e0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "JPS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect > (spd) files? No. Check out Dataviz' MacLinkPlus: http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/ ...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Create a PPT slide from excel data
Hello! I have an Excel sheet with five columns and hundreds of rows. Also have a power point template slide, with dedicated spaces for each column as the Excel file. What I wanna do is to create one slide for each one of my Excel rows. It seems easy to create a loop and copy anywhere else, but I don't know how to communicate Excel and Power Point. Thanks in advance for your time. Eduardo Consider adding tabs and use new tabs as PPT report. Easier to link, avoids problems, etc. I did this and it was a lot easier, EVEN held up to light so rows and columns matched. No typos, no pr...

create self-generating numbers with letters and numbers
i am trying to create a workbook which the first page is the customer information page. this is done... now i need to use the first two letters from each cell containing the first and last names... now i need to add the current date in ddmmyy format NO PUNCTUATION...followed by a dash and 0000 which will increase by 1 each time the name cells are filled in. i would also like to add auto "save as" with this generated number as the name of the work book. every customer gets a new work book for each job ( 1 cust / 10 jobs = 10 work books ) this is what i am looking for; cu...

view a pub file
Hi I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher ?? thank you You can't. You will have to ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file for you. If they can't and this is a one time thing, you are welcome to forward the file onto me and I'll do it for you. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Photo" <Photo@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:44b04061$0$881$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Hi > I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher > ?? &g...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

How to generate a mailbox list file to use in scheduled ExMerge
Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively run ExMerge, then cancell the program halfway, but it does not create the file I need. An alternative for creating the file would be to use an LDAP query in a script -- if anyone can help with that as well. Thanks MosesM On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:05:04 -0800, MosesM <MosesM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! Anyone know how I can generate a file that contains a list of mailboxes >to be used with scheduled ExMerge? I tried to interactively ru...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Converting vcproj files from VS2005 to VS2008 with Powershell
I wanted to share this to give back to the general Powershell knowledge base and didn't know where to do this so am posting this here. Not long ago I had to migrate a number of legacy C++ VS2005 projects into VS2008 format. The projects had been originally migrated from VC6 Dev Studio format so that there was some path fixups required to allow the projects to build with Team Build. I created the following powershell script which I named fixVS8toVS9vcproj.ps1 which does 90% of the grunt work. Usage (from a Powershell console prompt): .\fixVS8toVS9vcproj.ps1 {path}\...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...

Fastest way to load an xml file into an array in .net

having a problem creating a histogram with an in between range
excel's standard graphs do not allow me to do an in between range for a histogram. Is there any way I can make each bar a range instead of a number with no spaces between bars? here's a drawing of what I'm looking for: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2511/histogramzi0.jpg ...

File Formats for Accounts Receivable
I am looking to build an interface into great plains from another application. I would like to import information into Accounts Receivable. Does anyone have the layout definitions or links to the documents that may help? Look at the transaction flow documents in the SDK. The SDK can be installed from CD2 of the Install CD set. David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Micros...

I don't like the MDW file
can anyone think of any alternatives to use instead of the MDW file? In other wors, provide the same type of security in a dirfferent way, withouth using the MDW file? What sort of security are you looking for? Access User-Level Security, which is probably what you're talking about when you're saying MDW file, isn't that secure anyhow. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Anthony" <no_spam@please.com> wrote in message news:%23vuNXrYDHHA.4256@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > can anyone think of any alternatives t...