HI,
I'm in a confusion that some of my apps.exe wont work with VC++6 but
they do work on VS2005.
So to install VS2005, prior to that do i need to uninstall VC++6??
ARe there much changes in .dll of VC++6 & VS2005?

Thanks,

0
vinutapb (1)
2/15/2007 9:12:23 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

vinutapb@gmail.com wrote:

> HI,
> I'm in a confusion that some of my apps.exe wont work with VC++6 but
> they do work on VS2005.
> Is Microsoft Visual studio 2005 upgraded version of Microsoft VC++ 6?
> So to install VS2005, prior to that do i need to uninstall VC++6??
> ARe there much changes in .dll of VC++6 & VS2005?

vinutapb:

VS2005 (VC8) and VC6 are completely separate products. They can be
installed together.

The MFC DLL's of VC6 and VC8 are certainly not compatible, due to
changes in the library itself. Likewise for the C++ standard library.

Your own (or 3rd patrty) DLL's are probably not interchangeable either,
though they can be if they are very carefully designed (COM DLL's, for
example).

David Wilkinson

0
no-reply8010 (1790)
2/15/2007 11:36:58 AM
On Feb 15, 4:12 am, "vinut...@gmail.com" <vinut...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI,
> I'm in a confusion that some of my apps.exe wont work with VC++6 but
> they do work on VS2005.
> Is Microsoft Visual studio 2005 upgraded version of Microsoft VC++ 6?
> So to install VS2005, prior to that do i need to uninstall VC++6??
> ARe there much changes in .dll of VC++6 & VS2005?

VS2005 is a newest version of VC6. You will need to migrate your code
to VS2005. VC6 and VS2005 can be installed on the same machine. There
are changes in MFC as well between these versions. If you are unsure
about using VS2005, keep VC6 and install VS2005. Also, back up all
your source before migrating to VS2005.

---
Ajay

0
ajaykalra (6840)
2/15/2007 2:33:17 PM
Define "won't work".  The phrase is content-free as presented.

You did not state what system you developed them in, or what features you used, or what
constitutes "won't work", so as such the question is ill-phrased at best.

VS2005 is the latest of the Visual Studio releases.

You do not need to uninstall VS6; in fact, VS6, VS.NET, and VS2005 can coexist on the same
machine.

Are there changes "in dll"?  WHAT dll?  Certainly the collection of MFC DLLs (plural) are
different, as they were different is VS2003 and VS2002.  You will find it difficult or
impossible to use components that were compiled under different versions of VS; in
particular, MFC Extension DLLs will give untold grief.  Many DLLs are "version neutral" in
that they don't use MFC at all, but any DLLs that use MFC must be using the same version
of MFC as the executable.
					joe

On 15 Feb 2007 01:12:23 -0800, "vinutapb@gmail.com" <vinutapb@gmail.com> wrote:

>HI,
>I'm in a confusion that some of my apps.exe wont work with VC++6 but
>they do work on VS2005.
>Is Microsoft Visual studio 2005 upgraded version of Microsoft VC++ 6?
>So to install VS2005, prior to that do i need to uninstall VC++6??
>ARe there much changes in .dll of VC++6 & VS2005?
>
>Thanks,
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15979)

Visual Studio Toolkit for GP and external apps
Can the VS toolkit be used to develop external applications? We've tried to develop one that will run while GP is running (for good ole retrieveglobals9.dll) but we keep getting odd "file not found" errors that somehow relate to the dynamics.dll that DAG.exe generated. However, we can take the same code, do it as a GP add-in and it works fine. I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried an external app using the toolkit. Thanks, Steven V. I tired VSK too, but I had no luck devloping mine. I was told dexerity was need to do what I wanted. David "svallarian@gmail.c...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Address List #6
Hi All In exchange 2000 I have 4 store Store 1 - 2 databases Store 2 - 1 database. I have students on store 2 and staff on store 1 split between 2 databases. How can I get users on store 1 from both darabases to show up in a custom address list I've created, it seem I can only show users from one database not both. Everone show on the GAL fine any idea wayne Inline. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:ulJXP$QSGHA.5736@TK2MSFTNGP10.ph...

Meeting Requests #6
When sending a meeting request from Outlook 2003 too 2000 it comes through in this format instead of the nice graphical format with the accept buttons etc. Is there away around this From: User [mailto:Outlook 2003 User] On Behalf Of Meetings Calendar Sent: 20 August 2007 09:37 To: 2000 user Subject: test When: 20 August 2007 08:00-08:30 (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time : Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* as requested Any ideas why or is it due to version? Make sure you send it in Rich Text Format. That should make it travel in a format that both machines should int...

Money 2005 #6
Do we have a confirmed ship date for Money 2005. I have heard many different date batted around. Anything confirmed? Amazon says it will be released on 13th Sept (at least it's not Friday 13th!) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback "frankie" <fastigers@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:d5reh09imp34eh2fqajkae3fu8o24il4mh@...

lousy audio playback in release version
Can someone tell me why my double buffer audio playback (from a file) sounds lousy in my release version? Inside Visual Studio, either build plays fine, but when I run that exe by itself, I can only get the full sound quality if I put the entire file data in a single buffer. Steve Russell wrote: > Can someone tell me why my double buffer audio playback (from a file) sounds > lousy in my release version? > > Inside Visual Studio, either build plays fine, but when I run that exe by > itself, I can only get the full sound quality if I put the entire file data > in a ...

visual class structure
Hi, In VC 2005, is there any tool that can "visually" show the class structure (inheritance, aggregation, etc) for a given solution (or workspace)? JD Did you find the class view window? Is that what you're looking for? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "JD" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e9y9Sc0jGHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In VC 2005, is there any tool that can "visually" show the class structure > (inheritance, aggregation, etc) for a given solution (or workspace)? &g...

Using Float Type Variables for Primary on SQL 2005
We seem to have hit an oddity. We have a stored procedure that gets the next sequence number. It is protected by a transaction so no two processes could update the table of ids at the same time. Every so often, we get duplicates. How could that happen? Is the value based on mantissa? If so, is there a way to expanded it? Keep in mind, I can't change the type from float. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance On 2010-07-19 16:19, RG wrote: > We seem to have hit an oddity. > Please don't multi-post. If you have to post to multiple newsgroup...

"HTTP status 401: Unauthorized" Error immediately after Upgrade
Hello, I was wondering if anyone out there has encountered a problem like this. Your help would be very much appreciated. I just completed upgrading MS CRM from 1.2 to 3.0. Some parts of the web access are fully accessible (e.g., Queues, Articles, Announcements under "My Work"). However, I cannot access any of the data under Workplace, Sales, Marketing, Service, and Settings. My Report Server seems to be running fine. I can run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer without any errors. I access MS CRM through the web browser via http://<local...

Microsoft Promo

Upgrade from vista 64 bit to win 7 32 bit
I am looking for a new PC for my wife and in order to get the most bang for the buck there seem to be an abundance of vista PCs out there that can be upgraded to windows 7. Unfortunately is seems that her 2 most expensive programs, Painter 9.5 and Photo shop CS2 won't run on a 64 bit O.S., or at least not without a lot of trouble. All of the PCs that I am looking at have 64 bit vista installed. My question is can I buy one of these and when I get my free upgrade disk for windows 7 can I install win 7 32 bit? I don't mind doing a clean install. Sorry if this has been as...

microsoft XL

Exchange 5.5 -> 2000 Upgrade
We currently have 3 domains (3 forests). One domain with 3 sites (corp), and 2 smaller domains which we trust. We currently have Exchange 5.5 to provide all messaging needs. All domains are Windows 2000 (mixed mode). Am I correct in thinking the 2 domains need to be in the same forest (corp) or can we still have (like we do now) Mailbox: Mike (User: corp\mike) and Mailbox: Jason (User: domain1\jason). domain1 being the domain in the trust. domain1<--trust--->corp<--trust--->domain2 Thanks, Mike Smith All Exchange 200x mailboxes must have a user account in the same forest. How...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Is there a way to download a copy of the Excel 2002 version of th.
the manual that would come with a purchase of the product. We have a license and don't receive the actual physical book. That is a non-existing object -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Erinayn" <Erinayn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:189FFAEF-FD39-472A-B07B-B932E7B16009@microsoft.com... > the manual that would come with a purchase of the product. We have a > license > and don't receive the actual physical book. But if you visit your local bookstore, you'll find many people who make their liv...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....