Is it possible to control a running appliaction via web ?

hi,
Is it possible to control a running application via web pages through
internet ?

thanks,
  behzad

0
behzadnn (26)
8/27/2003 3:58:35 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Running TZUPDATE on Resource Mailboxes
Had a thought - what if I were to log in to each resource mailbox in outlook and run the TZupdate tool to move meetings during the new DST rules. Would that send updates to all attendees for that appointment/resource? I was thinking it would be better/easier than going to each user mailbox. They would still have to run the TZUPDATE to move all appointments, but it might save the hassle and frustration of showing up for meetings at the wrong time or when a room is full of people already. Thoughts? Thank you On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 03:31:02 -0800, TheITDude <TheITDude@discussions.microsoft...

Inventory posting for new year before running year end?
Hello, What happens if we post inventory transactions for new year without performing year end for 2008? Thanks, MS When you close inventory for 2008, beginning quantities are updated. If you've posted 2009 transactions, they will be included in the 2008 beginning quantity. There are a handful of inventory reports that use the Beginning Qty field, such as the Inventory Turns report. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Thanks Frank... Did you mean to say the posted transaction will be incu...

Is it possible

how to run application(exe) in browser
hi, i have application, it's runs in local machine.i want to run application in browser. <arumuthu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2062e55f-d173-476e-b241-58602bf9d6a5@u36g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi, > i have application, it's runs in local machine.i want to run > application in browser. There is no magic bullet for this. You will need to develop an ActiveX control which can be then hosted in a browser. -- Ajay A lot of us are rewriting applications that need to be hosted in a browser using ASP.NET/C# and maintaining a native version and a web version....

Personal Folders in OWA

Outlook runs slow
After downloading and installing an optional backup add-in from the microsoft website, i have noticed that outlook runs very slow now. Whenever i recieve new emails, there is a long delay when i select it to when the email actually appears. As well as when i delete it or adjust them in any way. This has caused me to delete wrong emails because i can't tell which one is selected because the delay in highlighting and bringing up the current email. Anyon have any idea why this is happening? Thanks for any help, Adam If you have Outlook 2002, try going to Tools -> Options -> Other...

Gaining Control of Client's PC With Remote Assistant?
Hello Folks: As an independent software developer, Remote Assistant is a tremendous tool. I've only recently discovered it. It's great to tell a user to do this, or do that. Win7 to Win7 assistants also includes the display of the client's cursor. It's apparent that there is some method to gain control of the client's computer. The connection status always includes the line "Screen View Only" and there is a button with an "X" and a grayed out "Stop Control (ESC)" label. The invite is sent to me as an ema...

How do controls get connected to variables in a CFormView?
Greetings! I am trying to modify a project that generates an ActiveX control. The control window is a CSplitterWnd with two panes, one on top of the other. The class representing the bottom pane is derived from CFormView. It has several controls, whose initial placement is determined by a resource. The controls are positioned in a routine called from the OnSize() event handler. That handler checks to see if m_hWnd of one of the control variables is pointing to a valid window yet, and if it is, it repositions all of the controls, happily referring to them by their variable names. The top ...

Advice on Making a TimeLine Control
Hello, I am in the process of making my first custom control, which needs to be a timeline that behaves similar to the timeline in MS Moviemaker (and other apps). So far I have created a CWnd and drawn the 'tick marks' at the top to represent time, and got it to successfully scroll horizontally and vertically. The complication is having to add a label area to the left, to label each entry in the timeline, because these labels must not scroll horizontally with the rest of the view. The tick marks at the top also must not scroll vertically with the rest of the view. I am not sure wha...

Only run if check box is checked
I have some code that I only want to be run if a check box is checked. So I inserted an ActiveX check box which I have named cbRecord. I then put the following IF around the code which is initiated by clicking a spinner form control: If cbRecord.Value Then .... .... .... End If However, when the code is run I get the following error: Run time error '424': Object required. When I go to debug, the code doesn't even know that my check box exists. TIA...Geoff Try If Sheets("Sheet1").CheckBoxes("Check Box 1").Value = xlOn Then '...

Controlling execution of a Sub Procedure
I have a spreadsheet that itself has a recursive (iteration) loop. Once the sheet converges, I have to look at the results and depending on what they are, either call a lengthy Sub procedure or bypass it. I cannot use Function procedures because the lengthy calculation I must perform is itself iterative. Thus I can't break up the calculation into a number of small Function procedures. I am now using the worksheet_calculate() event handler, but evidently the definition of "recalculate the spreadsheet" includes any cell that is manipulated. Thus what I am running...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Back up files through Outlook Web Access 2003
Is there any way I could back up my emails using Outlook Web Access 2003? -John No, and why would you? OWA is part of Exchange and therefore the messages stored there should be backed up by the Exchange administrator -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <livelifenow@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:orKdnaDg7eiutijcRVn-gQ@rogers.com... > Is there any way I could back up my emails using Outlook Web Access 2003? > > -John > ...

Unable to access control panel
It appears the windows security part has been either changed by accident. I can no longer get any windows updates and get the message "Operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact system admin. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this? Computer was purchased @ Circuit City and all installations were done by them. A windows password was never set by me.. I also keep getting a pop up message stating that my computer is making unauthorized copies of files and internet files. Is this a virus. Any help would be appreciated. By the way........I am not ...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Problem with Rich Textbox Control
I'm having problems with an implementation of the Microsoft Rich Textbox Control 6.0 in an Access 2000 database. The form with the controls works fine except on two computers. On these computers, the form will only open if the MDB file is in an uncompiled state (implying that that computer has to be the one to compile it). Otherwise, the form doesn't open, and the user gets error 2501 ("The OpenForm action was canceled"). Furthermore, once the form is opened, the rich text controls are read only, while the rest of the form is read-write. I've checked the versions ...

Printing MFc controls
Hi, I have an application that uses a the DataGrid control to store information from a database. I would like to be able to print the contents of the DataGrid control, preferably in same format. Does anyone know how this can be done? Regards Macca Some controls respond to WM_PRINT message. I'd tend to write my own output handler simply because that way I'd know what I was getting, and could add useful features like page headings and the like. joe On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 06:02:02 -0700, "Macca" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have an ap...

Creating dinamically a VB Licensed Control in VC
Hi, Is there any way to create dinamically in VC6++ an instance of a VB6 Licensed User Control? I try to pass the License key as the last parameter to the Create method of the wrapper, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas? thanks in advance javi ...

Project Web Access Assignment Note
In Project web access Mytasks web part for a perticular Tasks in Add/Edit Notes popup i see two text boxes , one for previous notes and one for current notes. I wanted know that from where do i see (or set) previous notes in first text box, i always see that empty. I am developing a custom web part , any idea through wehich PSI web service and web service method i can get previous as well as current notes for a task ? Thaks. ...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

Using a variable to refer to a control in VBA
Good Afternoon, I was wondering if any one can tell me how to fix the 3rd line to work like the 2nd one does. The 2nd one works fine but one the 3rd one they system throws an error. thanks! Dale Dim intloop as integer intloop=8 Forms![frmDate]![frmsubMonth].Form![subForm8].visible = False Forms![frmDate]![frmsubMonth].Form!("subFrom" & intloop & "").visible = False Dale K wrote: >Good Afternoon, > >I was wondering if any one can tell me how to fix the 3rd line to work like >the 2nd one does. The 2nd one works fine but one ...