Is GDI+ Integrate with MFC?

Apparently, GDI+ is not intended to be used with MFC as GDI is. Is GDI+ a
more stand-alone technology? Granted it can be used in MFC apps but the MFC
classes do not seem to wrap GDI+. Is it resonable to use GDI+ without MFC at
all?

Thank You

0
Coder3277 (8)
2/14/2007 5:54:49 AM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It's just another API.  Why wouldn't it be reasonable to use without MFC?
				joe

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:54:49 -0800, Coder <Coder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Apparently, GDI+ is not intended to be used with MFC as GDI is. Is GDI+ a
>more stand-alone technology? Granted it can be used in MFC apps but the MFC
>classes do not seem to wrap GDI+. Is it resonable to use GDI+ without MFC at
>all?
>
>Thank You
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
newcomer (15973)
2/14/2007 6:12:16 AM
These are independent of each other. GDI+ will work with MFC as long as you
provide the dependent DLLs of GDI+.

--
Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++]
ajaykalra@yahoo.com

"Coder" <Coder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Apparently, GDI+ is not intended to be used with MFC as GDI is. Is GDI+ a
> more stand-alone technology? Granted it can be used in MFC apps but the
MFC
> classes do not seem to wrap GDI+. Is it resonable to use GDI+ without MFC
at
> all?
>
> Thank You

0
ajaykalra (6842)
2/14/2007 10:16:59 PM
GDI+ doesn't need MFC wrapper class as they already have an extensive set of
classes for everything.

All you have to do to use GDI+ in any application is
#include <Gdiplus.h>

using namespace Gdiplus;

And make sure that gdiplus.dll is installed on the users machine.

That's all.

AliR

"Coder" <Coder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Apparently, GDI+ is not intended to be used with MFC as GDI is. Is GDI+ a
> more stand-alone technology? Granted it can be used in MFC apps but the
> MFC
> classes do not seem to wrap GDI+. Is it resonable to use GDI+ without MFC
> at
> all?
>
> Thank You

0
AliR3470 (3235)
2/14/2007 10:25:25 PM
Thanks all. That's fine. I'm glad it is not wrapped by MFC. It's just that
GDI is wrapped by MFC so I wanted to make sure that GDI+ isn't and that I
wasn't missing something. My question was answered. Thank You.

"AliR (VC++ MVP)" wrote:

> GDI+ doesn't need MFC wrapper class as they already have an extensive set of
> classes for everything.
>
> All you have to do to use GDI+ in any application is
> #include <Gdiplus.h>
>
> using namespace Gdiplus;
>

> And make sure that gdiplus.dll is installed on the users machine.
>
> That's all.
>
> AliR
>
> "Coder" <Coder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Apparently, GDI+ is not intended to be used with MFC as GDI is. Is GDI+ a
> > more stand-alone technology? Granted it can be used in MFC apps but the
> > MFC
> > classes do not seem to wrap GDI+. Is it resonable to use GDI+ without MFC
> > at
> > all?
> >
> > Thank You

0
Coder3277 (8)

Disabling Win.Integrated Auth for OWA
My customer is on Exchange 2003 and wanted to type just "user" instead of "domain\user" to logon to OWA. Eventhough BASIC AUTH - default domain was entered in 3 VD's (Exchange, ExchWeb, Public) it still required user to enter their name in "domain\user" format. They had both Basic & Windows Integrated enabled and so I DISABLED WIN.INTEGRATED and now it works fine! They can simply enter "user" without domain name. My questions about this are: 1. Are there any downsides to disabling Win.Integrated that I should be considering? e.g. less secur...

Integrated software
Has anyone attempted to integrate Microsoft CRM, FieldPoint's Alert CRM and Great Plains? If you are not based in US, and using entirely US currency and date formats, please be aware of integrating Great Plains and Ms CRM using the MBS connector. "Todd" wrote: > Has anyone attempted to integrate Microsoft CRM, FieldPoint's Alert CRM and > Great Plains? Reading between the lines, it seems that there may be some issues doing so? "Gill" wrote: > If you are not based in US, and using entirely US currency and date formats, > please be aware of inte...

Any books on COM shell extensions with MFC?
Hi there, I'm trying to extend the windows explorer with a COM extension, but I'd like a book on the subject to help me through the process. Anyone know of a COM shell book (preferably using MFC) which has been published in the last 4 years (since Scott Seely and Dino Esposito's books)? Thanks, -Kas Scott Seely's book is good, and comes with a CD. It is out of print, but I got my copy from the used section at Amazon.com. joe On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 02:38:37 GMT, Kassandra <Kas@spam.no> wrote: >Hi there, > >I'm trying to extend the windows explorer ...

Where can i find documentation on CRM Integration tool
Hi I have sort of lost the plot abit on CRM and GP Integration. Can any1 send me any info to where i can get hold on the configuration documentation for CRM Integration? Regards James Downes ...

Integration Manager Version
Hi, I am having integration manager issue when uploading the negative quantity SOP. KB I found out that I need to upgrade to SP5. Currently my IM version is 8.00.0002, can any one tell me what SP I am at right now. We are using GP8.0 currently. Thanks, Gavin Gavin, Here is a list of all the versions I have been able to find: http://victoriayudin.com/2009/01/28/dynamics-gp-integration-manager-versions/. 8.00.0002 is most likely RTM with some hot fix. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www....

SLP in MFC
Hi all, Could any one please explain me how to multicast SLP packet in MFC? Is there any sample code for this? Nas If I knew what SLP was, I might have a chance to answer the question. Is it some protocol implemented using UDP? If it involves UDP, I'd use CAsyncSocket. If not, since I don't recognize the acronym, I'm otherwise at a loss. joe On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:43:51 -0700, "doublemaster007@gmail.com" <doublemaster007@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Could any one please explain me how to multicast SLP packet in MFC? Is >there any sample co...

GDI+ and resizing a PictureBox
I am using GDI+ in one of my VB6 apps(mainly for anti aliasing support). It works fine, but when I create the Graphics object, which takes a PictureBox hDC. It never draws outside the PictureBox original size if I make it bigger later, as if the Graphics object gets the hDC size only when it's created, and truncates any drawing to that. Is there a way to tell the Graphics object the new width and height? Also, hDC remains the same throughout the life of the control, except when you make the control bigger and AutoRedraw=True(because VB needs to create a bigger bitmap). Whe...

GreatPlains RMS Warehouse integration
I know. that a lot of people is asking the same, but I really need Help I have 4 customers using RMS and GreatPlains. We are staring to use de RMS GP Integration provided by Microsoft, but as every body knows , it is not enough. We need Warehouse and pricing synchronization, and is a most for our customers Any Ideas, Products or services? Thank you Professional Advantage and Nodus Technologies both have advanced integrations with RMS and GP. PA's works with RMS HQ, and Nodus is straight from Store Op's. http://www.profad.com/retailSolutions/index.htm http://www.nodust...

Vlc player in mfc
Hi All, I have been sitting with this for a long time. i want to embed a vlc player plugin in my application. i got the activex control. got it registered in the system. i am being able to embed the plugin also. but nothing is playing. havwe used the addTarget Function to set the URL and the other parameters. and given the play function to play. but nothing is playing. just wnated to know if somebody has worked on vlc application. there is very less documentation for this. Please help me out to sort out this problem. Thanks. It is better to find help in a VLC related web site. Off-topic pos...

Integration of Projectserver 2007 with customized applications
-- Hi, different data of employees like payroll of employees in HRMS SYSTEM which is using MYSQL Database . in which salaries of employees ,increment , decrement,bonuses e.t.c are exist. and other system which using oracle databases also keep employees different info. now we want to do costing and budgeting in project professional 2007 with project server 2007. I want when i add employees from Active directory into project server 2007 then the information from these others systems also get in project server 2007. like increment , salary,decrement , bonuses and oth...

To draw to GDI within a thread
Hello, i have a thread running with a loop of methods, they are drawing to the GDI (not GDI+). But there are no results on screen. It is like i would draw into a null-device. I've tested the following soultion: dont draw itself within a thread, but changing in this thread some parameters and call InvalidateRect. On WM_PAINT my main-program draws with the changed Parameters. But if there are more threads than one, it is very strange what happends. In my draw- and change-routine i've testet EnterCriticalSection and all that, it doesnt matter. When i have a simple thread with a unti...

Help me understand this piece of MFC code
I have come across this piece of code in MFC CtrlBars Sample.... I am not able to follow what they are trying to do out of this code... Can somebody help me understand this code, // look for any top-level windows owned by us // we use 'HWND's to avoid generation of too many temporary CWnds for (HWND hWnd = ::GetWindow(m_pMainWnd->m_hWnd, GW_HWNDFIRST); hWnd != NULL; hWnd = ::GetNextWindow(hWnd, GW_HWNDNEXT)) { if (::GetParent(hWnd) == m_pMainWnd->m_hWnd) { // if owned window is active, move the activation to the application window if (GetActiveWindow() == hWnd && (::G...

GDI handles
In taskmanager I see the amount of used GDI and user objects per process. How can I achieve this using a powershell script on Windows XP using PowerShell 1.0? The result should be a list with all process names, PIDs and amount of used GDI objects. I played with the following: PS H:\> (Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_OperatingSystem -ComputerName ..).InvokeMethod("GetGuiResources",0) Method invocation failed because [System.Management.ManagementObject#root\cimv2\Win32_OperatingSystem] doesn't contain a method named 'InvokeMethod'. At line:1 char:74 + (G...

GDI+ mfc save Bitmap to File Stream
Hi, I am using GDI+ in mfc. I have a file pointer declared as File *fpOut; This file pointer is also used for writing to other text data to the file. I am not sure how to save an image to this file stream. When Bitmap.Save function to save to stream the first parameter is of type IStream and not FILE. Any suggestions on what can be done? Thanks, -Asfar ...

MFC headers
I have consulted Jeff Prosise's, "Windows with MFC" and some online documentation and it is far from clear which headers I include for various MFC features. In general I have #include <windows.h> // For anything low-level Windows (but I am unhappy at such a monolithic header) #include <afx.h> // For what exactly ??? #include <afxwin.h> // For CDialog #include <afxstr.h> // For CString Any comments? Stpehen Howe This info might help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/vclrfmfcclas...

integration manager #18
To start off - DynamicsGP v9.00.0281, integration manager v9.00.0029 I have a person using integration manager. It works fine except.... log into a company run an integration, switch company and try to run an integration and it simply does not come up. under tools>integrate>Run integration when clicked does nothing. Switch back and it now does nothing until you close GP and re-open it. close GP, log into a company, run integration - works fine. close GP, log into other company, run integration - works fine. Two other users do not have this problem. They can simply switch companies...

Adding records with referential integrity
I have a few tables in my database, all 1 to 1 with the master table. I have a query that gather much of the data into one large datasheet.The problem is I cannot add records through this query. I get a message that I need a related record in the child table for it to work. Am I right in assuming I need to add the record in the master database first, then the inegrity check will create the record inthe child databases, and THEN I can add data through my datasheet? A 1 to 1 relationship is unusual, as there can be only one child record for each parent record. A search for subclas...

use a WCF in a unmanaged MFC application
I have an application developed using MFC and unmanaged code. Now I need to create a view that would have a Windows Control Form created using .NET and managed code. How can I put this two pieces of code comunicating? Thanks in advance. Is it possible to do that? Is it possible to create an ActiveX control that wraps the funcionality of the Windows control Form? How we can embed .net controls on an MFC project? "Jaqueline" <jaqueline@no-answer.com> escreveu na mensagem news:eH4%235ha9KHA.3592@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have an application developed u...

COleClientItem::CreateFromFile problem in a MFC DLL
Hi. I'm trying to launch an editor via OLE for a document I have. I'm launching this from a Java applet that calls into my MFC dll via JNI. The code I'm using to launch the editor is this: COleDocument* pDoc = new COleDocument; CMyOleClientItem* pItem; pItem = new CMyOleClientItem(pDoc); result = pItem->CreateFromFile(tmpfile, CLSID_MyServer, OLERENDER_NONE); result = pItem->DoVerb(OLEIVERB_PRIMARY, NULL); This code works nicely within a MFC dialog application, but not when called from my DLL. The pItem->CreateFromFile method fails. I can see that the API call to :...

how to programmatically press a Button in MFC
I have an MFC application that has a dialog that contains a set of buttons and CPropertyPages, which also contain buttons. For some reason, the buttons on the main dialog will "press" when you press the carriage return, but the buttons on the CPropertyPages will not. These CPropertyPages' buttons will react to a SpaceBar press, though. Anyway, I am trying to get the buttons on the CPropertyPages to actually visually press and depress when you press the carriage return on them. I have tried using PreTranslateMessage() to catch the carriage return, and I can do that, but the bu...

Streaming Video Using GDI+
Hello, I am having trouble trying to stream the pixel data, being feed to the computer by a framegrabber. Using GDI+ i have managed to display the image but it is just one image and nothing more, and the program begin to slow. I cannot see what it is i am doing wrong? Can anybody help me? I feed it the data from the framegrabbers in as InterBuffer. I use the while loop to spit the images to the screen. while(welcome==false){ BYTE* InterBuffer = new BYTE[bufSize]; Rect rect12(0,0,acqWinWidth,acqWinHeight); Rect rc(50,60,abs(acqWinWidt...

GDI/GDI+ stop drawing after a while on Windows 7
I have an app that I developed some time ago for W2K. The app draws text and graphics onto a CView derived window using GDI+. It also hosts shockwave flash player that occasionally plays a clip in the same window. The app could work 24x7 on W2K and XP. I'm now testing the app on Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm running into a strange problem. After running it for a while - sometimes it could be a couple of hours, another times a couple of days - the app simply stops drawing to the screen. That is, the app still calls the necessary APIs but nothing happens on the screen...

MFC in VS2005 problem
Hi all. I am trying to migrate a large solution from VS 2003 to VS 2005. The solution contains mixed C++/MFC and C# projects. When building one specific MFC application everything compiles fine. The linker is complaining though: 1>Linking... 1>XXMLDomParser.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall CObject::CObject(class CObject const &)" (??0CObject@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) 1>PDADoc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "private: __thiscall CObject::CObject(class CObject const &)" (??0CObject@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) referenced in function ...

Supppress RMS integration warning on work orders
We use the RMS integration to GP. A large number of our transactions in RMS are work orders that have $0 deposit. Therefore, when they run the RM Import in RMS, we get this error for each work order "Document amount (ORTRXAMT) <= 0". Is there a way we can suppress this error? From our 4 stores, we could have over 500 open work orders at any time, thus resulting in MANY pages of these errors. Then we have to scan through them looking for any "real" errors that may have occurred in the import. We are aware that this is actually a warning message that we can ign...

GDI+ vs GDI
for Visual Studio 2003.NET MFC application, how to set the config to use GDI+ instead of GDI? #include "GDIPlus.h" using namespace Gdiplus; AliR. "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142011037.071111.256860@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... > for Visual Studio 2003.NET MFC application, how to set the config to > use GDI+ instead of GDI? > http://www.codeproject.com/vcpp/gdiplus/gdi__and_mfc.asp Tom "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1142011037.071111.256860@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... > for Visual ...