Intercept Control-N in CDHtmlDialog derived class

I'm intercepting all the alt keys in my CDHtmlDialog derived dialog
application, but I can't seem to intercept the control-N "new browser" key
combination.  Unlike CHtmlView,  CDHtmlDialog doesn't have an OnNewWindow2
event handler.

I'm using C++ in Visual Studio .Net 2003.

I should know how to do this, but I don't.

Hints or pointers to a fax are very welcome.

Thanks,

Jim Howard

0
jnhtx (73)
1/14/2004 11:30:30 PM
vc.mfc 33608 articles. 0 followers. Follow

how to use context menu on list control thumbnail
hi i m working on a project ...... i have to use context menu on list control thumbnail .i m very new in vc++ and i do not know how it wil happen . plz some one can solve my problem i m using dilog box based application nandan This article has the basics. If you want the pop up menu to be specific for the selected items you can check to see if any items are selected in the various command UI handlers for the menu items and dim the menu items as needed. http://www.borngeek.com/coding/general/popup_menu_control.html Tom <nandan.mehra@gmail.com> wrote in...

text control suggestions
Hi all, I hope this question isn't OT in this group. I'm looking for a good text control to edit full-text database records. It should support hyperlinks, preferably tables and pictures and it should be able to contain a lot of text(100 MB will do). We are currently using TX Textcontrol, but that doesn't meet our requirements (it cannot hold more than 22k of data within a table). I've been searching the web, but can't find any good alternatives. Anyone here who can suggest a nice control? Thanks in advance. Kind regards, Ruben. "Ruben van Engelenburg" <r...

Interface class with event
Based on Tom Shelton's recommendation to use an interface class to manage multiple .dll's, I started to write one but got stuck when it came to the event. I have the following event in my .dll's: public event EventHandler<PlayStateArgs> PlayStateEvent; public class PlayStateArgs : EventArgs { private readonly string _strData; public PlayStateArgs(string strData) { _strData = strData; } public string strData { get { return _strData; }} } I can create the event in the interface like: ...

Passing object derived from CObject to function
Hi, I have an object CSubPlugIn which is derived from CObject and has an assignemnt operator. I wish to pass an instance of this object to a function in my CMyApp object. I have declared the function in CMyApp.h: void runSub(CSubPlugIn sub); and defined it in CMyApp.cpp: void CMyApp::runSub(CSubPlugIn a_subPlugin) { // log name of sub writeLog(a_subPlugin.getName()); } // end runSub which all compiles fine, but when I come to call it from InitInstance: BOOL CMyApp::InitInstance() { CWinApp::InitInstance(); CSubPlugIn sub; runSub(sub); } I get the error: error C2664: ...

Controls on SDI apps.
I've got a situation where I need to add dialog style controls (mostly buttons) on an sdi application. I physically know HOW to do it, but I'm curious about technique. For now, I instantiate a CButton object, followed by a Create() and a ShowWindow(SW_SHOW). Works just fine and dandy. However, I'm suspicious my implementation is somewhat, shall we say, a little belt and suspenders? Let me explain. I did a quick test SDI app. In the view header, I declared a CButton and a 'bool' called bSetControls. I added a member function called SetControls(). IN the View cons...

unable to debug app with WMP activeX control
Hi I had an dialog application in VC 6.0, which had just one control, i.e windows media player activeX control. I upgraded the project to VC.NET 2003, now I can't debug the application when something is being played in windows media player. I get Protection error message like "debugger detected - please close it down and restart!...." This doesn't happen when nothing is being played in it. Is there any way to debug while playing something in it... Regards, Ashutosh ...

Intercepting Messages
How do I catch the message that you get when you insert a new usb stick into a machine? I am trying to catch the message that says, "found new device and need to reboot to complete installation". Is this possible? You could start here... http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000pro/evaluate/featfunc/plugplay.mspx Tom "Tim Hunter" <TimHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1312798-99EA-426E-86C5-B39EC81742F9@microsoft.com... > How do I catch the message that you get when you insert a new usb stick > into > a machi...

c++ recursive class
Hello everyone!!! I'd need a little hint on this little question: I have a xml file I want to navigate and I have a library to process it. But I want also to manage that file as an object to make clear and efficient code. So I coded two class which one is like recursive as like as in this example: class B : public xmlnode { public: B(xmlnode* member); LPCSTR getattribute(....); void setattribute(....); xmlnode* Node(LPCSTR nodename, LPCSTR attributenodename, LPCSTR attributetosearch); }; class A : public xmldocument { public: ...

SM Bus Controller
SM Bus Controller, In Device Manager it says no driver is installed for this device. What is it and how do I fix it? -- Joe From your mobo manufacturers site or PC Maker if large OEM, egg Dell / HP, or Laptop "jvmjr52" <jvmjr52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27CFE350-E519-4D7B-98A8-137D3E753CCF@microsoft.com... > SM Bus Controller, In Device Manager it says no driver is installed for > this > device. What is it and how do I fix it? > -- > Joe Got it fixed. Thanks -- Joe "DL" wrote: > From your ...

Finding X- & Y-intercepts of lines crossing curves
I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on the curves. THe series are displayed as lines. Now I want to draw (or specify the Y coordinates of) a horizontal line on the chart, & have Excel tell me the X intercepts where the horizontal line crosses each curve. Ditto for drawing a vertical line & reading Y intercepts Any ideas Thanks!! Hi Dale, Maybe you adapt my example of intersections. http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm Cheers Andy Dale wrote: > I created some charts with multiple data series by specifying certain points on...

Delete control?
I'm using VB in VS2003.NET. I have a TabControl with a couple of group boxes. I've added some buttons and labels to a group box, but now I want to delete the controls. Cannot! Why? I've tried pressing "Delete", right-clicking but Cut and Delete are disabled. I can't even delete the whole group box. What am I missing here??? Is this some strange setting locking down group boxes on a TabControl or mabe a bug in VS2003.NET? Thanks, Alain Ok, solved the problem. It must be an initialisation problem in VS 2003.NET. If I close VS and then reopen, I...

And in case I don't see you,good afternoon,good evening,and good n
Well thanks for all the help and assistance over the year(s) group (seriously), you saved my butt more then a few times. That said I finally got my data all transferred to MySql and will not be looking back. As some of you may know/remember I've had serious issues with Excel and find it to be highly flawed in fundamental ways, despite any of the functionality built over that. I personally don't find it worth it given the level of frustration and, IMHO, sloppy core programming that makes day in and out use a nightmare. In any event that is MS's cross (and shame) ...

Exchange2003 Rpc over Https & Windows2000 Domain Controller e Global Catalog
I'm testing a Win2003+Exchange2003 server in my domain. My DC & GC is a win2000 server. My question is, can i use RpcOverHttps if my GC server is a win2000? I was reading this document http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401#6 here ther's nothing that let me think that my GC MUST be win2003.....anyway when it says Step 2: Configure your computer to use specific ports for RPC over HTTP for directory services To do this, follow these steps: 1.. Start Registry Editor. Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that m...

CEdit Control
I have an SDI app a with CFormView. The CFormView has multiple edit controls on it. What is the best way to save the data for the conrol ie what message do I need to handle. There are one case I'm concerned about: 1. The user has selected save or exit from the top menu. I have tried handling the kill focus message for the control but if you have make changes to the edit box and have not exited it before doing a File | Save the kill focus message is not send and I don't save the data. I don't really want to update on every keystroke in the edit control since I only care ...

Hotmail Intercepts all my e-mail
I have recently set up a new ISP account on an established standalone desktop. I have set up a mail account with the new ISP and have set that as my default mail however my existing hotmailaccount intercepts all my mail and re-directs it there. How do I turn off this feature? "JeffL" <JeffL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58CFF8AD-53BA-41DE-9C90-3BC797065605@microsoft.com... >I have recently set up a new ISP account on an established standalone > desktop. I have set up a mail account with the new ISP and have set that > as > my default mail...

Pushbutton control in worksheet?
Greetings, A long time ago, I managed to add a pushbutton control to a worksheet, and when that button was pressed by the user, the macro/function I had tied to the button wrote out a text file, the contents of which were strings that I built from data on worksheet 1 and wrote as lines on worksheet 2. I need to do a similar thing and was wondering if anyone had a quick answer as to how to do this. This also falls in line with my general question of how I add controls such as spinners or selection controls that allow the user to make a selection from a dropdown, for example, and have that se...

Intercepting the Save
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CA6D38.8B1A8E50 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I want to run a little code when the user saves the workbook. How can I intercept the Save command? Dennis ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CA6D38.8B1A8E50 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; name="dennis13030@cox.net.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="dennis13030@cox.net.vcf" BEGIN:VC...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

Control tiptext problem
Hi! I have a problem with control tiptext. I,ve typed some tiptext in textfields in a form so that users can get help about the textfield. My problem is that the tiptext doesnt show up when i place the cursor above the textfields. I have tried with reparing the database, tried in a new database and also repaired the office professional application but it doesnt help. But now i see that if i right click in the form first (so i get the shortcut meny) and then place the cursor above the textfields i see the tiptext but that isnt a good solution. I have Access 2007 and Windows Vista...

Flashing control
I want to build a command button on the form that flashes when clicked. How could i do it ? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Graphic LCD ActiveX control
Hi, I'm looking for an ActiveX control which simulates an LCD panel and can be used to show different graphics within it. I've found one (Anon LCD, Puma) which can display only text, but no graphics in it. Appreciate if anyone could help me find one with graphic capabilities. Thanks, Sucharit ...

Text color changing for a Tree Control Item
Hello Friends, I want to change the text color of an item present in a Tree control at the run time depending upon some value. For example I am having a boolean variable bool bValid = false; I want set the item text color to red whenever bValid == true; How can this be done? Please help me. thanks in Advance. Neelesh K J Jain. -- Quality is not an accident. Its the outcome of SmartWork How about this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/misc-advanced/article.php/c633/ AliR. "Neelesh K J Jain" <NeeleshKJJain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Date in an Edit Control
Hi i would like to enter a Date value into an edit box To get very spcific... i have an edit box when selected ,the user must be able to just select the date he requires such as 11 02 04 ,.....only the numbers are required and this has to be stored into a fil See this link http://www.codeproject.com/editctrl/datetimedit.asp "NoviceJohn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:602F22CD-C213-4F15-B007-39DA6A459BC9@microsoft.com... > Hi i would like to enter a Date value into an edit box. > > To get very spcific.... > i have an edit box when...

no notification from list control when check box selected?
hi there i have a list control in an MFC app for which i set CheckBoxes ON (LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) i need to know when the user checks/unchecks any item is there a specific notification sent to the owner when the user checks/unchecks an item? or do i watch for the more general LVN_ITEM_CHANGED notification (which doesn't seem to give info specific to checking/unchecking - the closest thing seems to be a State Image Mask change)? tia bhu >i have a list control in an MFC app for which i set CheckBoxes ON >(LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES) > >i need to know when the user checks/unchecks any ...

intercept messages
Hello, is it possible to intercept messages of a dialog before they are processed? i.e. I have an executable with a class for the dialog and another class in which I want to handle WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN. How should I start? Is a hook appropiate? regards Thomas -- cobuser at gmx dot de cobuser at aol dot com --- XCrypt Document Verification Thomas Latuske wrote: > Hello, > > is it possible to intercept messages of a dialog before they are > processed? i.e. I have an executable with a class for the dialog and > another class in which I want to handle WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN. How ...